Kansas City (KCUMB-COM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
why assume that?!

Didn't get the package yet. Actually, I haven't received other things from other schools either. I'm pretty sure I know my own email and home address though.

Sometimes I feel like I'm getting trolled. With one school, they told me that I won't be getting the secondary until I send in the LoRs...errr, seriously???:slap:

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't get the package yet. Actually, I haven't received other things from other schools either. I'm pretty sure I know my own email and home address though.

Sometimes I feel like I'm getting trolled. With one school, they told me that I won't be getting the secondary until I send in the LoRs...errr, seriously???:slap:

That's odd. What are your stats? You're sure you put the correct address and e-mail on AACOMAS right?? Ha...

Any serious questions let me know PM...I start here in 3 weeks

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here...serious questions or otherwise. Myself and TraumaJunky could be your "big brothers" next year. Gotta look out for all you!

KCUMB Class of 2016

No thats out of order.... Secondaries come in then you send in LORs... everytime.... Their is not a single school out there that wanted LORs before Secondaries.

No thats out of order.... Secondaries come in then you send in LORs... everytime.... Their is not a single school out there that wanted LORs before Secondaries.

I knoooow, but that's what I've been told. Anyways, I've sent in the letters...meh.:laugh:

They sent a packet? I didn't get it :( 3.2/3.2/33

Its just junk mail you don't want it...
It has pretty pictures though!

I especially like the one where they are doing CPR on a mannequin and the girl is holding the BVM incorrectly. :laugh:

Last edited:
It has pretty pictures though!

I especially like the one where they are doing CPR on a mannequin and the girl is holding the BVM incorrectly. :laugh:

Good catch! I didn't look that closely.

It bothers me that schools (undergrad and grad/prof) print off soooooo many of these things. Seems like such a waste when they could just have it online as a PDF or something!

does Kcumb send out emails initially saying your primary is under review? It's been about 2 weeks now and still nothing from the school and nothing about secondaries. Guess I'm gunna call them mon. and see what's up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its just junk mail you don't want it...

My junk mail arrived!

I bet it's a previously unheard of plan to see who fills out the little card and sends it back in. Only those who do so will receive an interview! Bwahahahahaha!

does Kcumb send out emails initially saying your primary is under review? It's been about 2 weeks now and still nothing from the school and nothing about secondaries. Guess I'm gunna call them mon. and see what's up.

Nothing is up they dont do secondaries until later find some thing else to occupy your time with then asking them about secondaries. You will get one and no they dont email you to let you know your primary is under review.

Nothing is up they dont do secondaries until later find some thing else to occupy your time with then asking them about secondaries. You will get one and no they dont email you to let you know your primary is under review.

Someone's in a bad mood...

But yeah I'm curious too. This is taking quite some time indeed.

A lot of us are getting our MCAT scores back this week so maybe that's why they're waiting?

does pcom do the same thing, send out secondaries later than everyone else?

From previous threads, those who qualify will get secondarys in early August. Positive thing about the heavy pre-screen is that responses after your secondary is complete is quick.

From previous threads, those who qualify will get secondarys in early August. Positive thing about the heavy pre-screen is that responses after your secondary is complete is quick.

Also keep in mind us first years are starting orientation in a week and a half which I am sure is keeping the Admissions office quite busy...I definitely can tell you the Financial Aid department is a mess right now lol. I am sure once we finish orientation they will put all their attention towards your guys' applications.

I hear that ATSU is stepping it up with their technology and requiring Ipad3's for all incoming students. Is KCUMB using Ipads?

Also, does anyone care to share why they found KCUMB to be their choice of school over the others?

Did anyone actually fill out the little card?

Still no secondary?.... I am not sure if this is a heavy screening process because the office is pretty quick to respond to emails, so they can't be that busy. However I may just be reading to much into it. Looks like August secondaries are going to be PCOM and KCUMB.

On the KCUMB website they list.... well here let me just paste the whole thing:

May: Contact all colleges and universities attended and have official transcripts forwarded directly from the educational institution to AACOMAS.
May: Submit AACOMAS application.
August: KCUMB's College of Osteopathic Medicine begins to review applications and send out invitations to qualified applicants to complete the secondary application.
Sept.: Personal interviews begin.
Feb. 1: Application deadline (AACOMAS). Secondary applications continue to be accepted and processed until all interview positions have been filled.
Feb. 15: Transcript deadline to AACOMAS.

As you can see, they state that they don't even look at the primary apps until August so just hang in their guys/gals!! I get the feeling that this COM is worth the wait

On the KCUMB website they list.... well here let me just paste the whole thing:

May: Contact all colleges and universities attended and have official transcripts forwarded directly from the educational institution to AACOMAS.
May: Submit AACOMAS application.
August: KCUMB's College of Osteopathic Medicine begins to review applications and send out invitations to qualified applicants to complete the secondary application.
Sept.: Personal interviews begin.
Feb. 1: Application deadline (AACOMAS). Secondary applications continue to be accepted and processed until all interview positions have been filled.
Feb. 15: Transcript deadline to AACOMAS.

As you can see, they state that they don't even look at the primary apps until August so just hang in their guys/gals!! I get the feeling that this COM is worth the wait

Wow... that is getting a bit on the late side there. I was hoping to have everything done before classes started....

Well I bet this thread will slow down a bit....

Any current students out there that care to promote KCUMB for us and help pass the time?

I think KCUMB is in my top 5 for DO schools, but it better hurry up because I've already submitted lots of secondaries and even received an interview. They might be losing applicants who would otherwise matriculate by being late to the party!

Finally got an email from this school. I expected them to be on their game, crisp. Severely let down.

Dear first_name, (literally what they wrote)
We have your app but no MCAT score. Please send it.

I did have some trouble getting my MCAT score to AACOMAS, but it's been on there and updated for over a month now. Not a big deal, I was just expecting more when I saw KCUMB pop up. I was ready to fill out an app!

Dear first_name, (literally what they wrote)
Not a big deal, I was just expecting more when I saw KCUMB pop up. I was ready to fill out an app!

Same here. I got an email about a "missing prerequisite" that was clearly noted on my AACOMAS app. I sent a very quick yet polite reply pointing this out... and no response.

Well I guess they are working the kinks out now eh? Must be preparing for next week!

e-mail or snail mail?

Email. Sends me to a website to create an account. Just going through it now. I'll post any essay questions once I get to that part.

Describe your motivation for applying to KCUMB's College of Osteopathic Medicine, and address the unique qualities and characteristics you would bring to our University and the osteopathic profession.

Please complete your essay using 2500 characters or less. Important: Do not copy and paste your essay from a Microsoft Word document, as it will cause an error to occur. Type your essay directly into the space below, or use in a plain text editor, such as Notepad then copy and paste your text in the space below.*

Pretty cool portal compared to most I think.

Last edited: