LECOM Post-Bacc 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
PHARMACOLOGY - the level at which they teach us and the material they test us on do not correlate. We had to learn how to interpret some of the graphs they put on the test during the test.

Here's the lo down on Pharmacology.

Useless teachers teaching the alphabet on how to read "cat" and "hat." From that, they expected you to interpret Shakespeare's "The Winter's Tale" on the exams.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
When did you apply? If you don't mind me asking. My application was complete 4/15, so it's only been one business day since then. I hope I didn't apply too late lol. Good luck!

I applied 4/07 and my status changed to decision made on 4/14. I just got my letter that I was accepted today 4/20!!!

Reactions: 1 users
My status changed the same day, so nervous to get home and check the mail!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing in the mail yet -____-

I applied 4/07 and my status changed to decision made on 4/14. I just got my letter that I was accepted today 4/20!!!

Hi! would you mind share your stats! I am still waiting for the letter . Mine status change the same day . i live in nymay be it will come a little late

When applying for this program do they calculate your gpa by counting your latest grade for retakes and will courses taken after one graduated with their bachelors be counted in the gpa calculation for the application?

Hi! would you mind share your stats! I am still waiting for the letter . Mine status change the same day . i live in nymay be it will come a little late

My cGPA was a 3.1 and my sGPA was a 2.8. I took the MCAT in 2014 and got a 23, but I'm taking it again at the end of the summer. I have about 2,000 hours of paid direct patient care and 60 hours of shadowing.

thanks, yea I'm still waiting for my status to change (I've been under review since the 16th). I'm studying to retake the MCAT and if I get into this program it means that I would just be able to take a break for a while which I would love and just focus on AACOMAS for the time being

In case you guys were still worried about doing the post bacc because of what we talked about with pharm, we just got the final grade and break down for each class.

For Pharm, the average for the final and in the class overall was 80.4 and 79.4 respectively.

Out of 125 students, about 13% failed (Failing is < 69.4%).
Maybe this will help you all; maybe it won't. I just figured I'd give you guys some statistics to ease your mind about pharm.

Reactions: 2 users
In case you guys were still worried about doing the post bacc because of what we talked about with pharm, we just got the final grade and break down for each class.

For Pharm, the average for the final and in the class overall was 80.4 and 79.4 respectively.

Out of 125 students, about 13% failed (Failing is < 69.4%).
Maybe this will help you all; maybe it won't. I just figured I'd give you guys some statistics to ease your mind about pharm.
that's better than a lot of my undergrad classes

Accepted!!!

Hi, I've been accepted into LECOM's post-bacc and I was curious to know if anyone living in Erie could give me some insight to how winters are. Also, I'm looking for an apartment but it seems like the area is a little... how do I put this... hood. What is a safer area that's still close to school? One more thing, are you required to purchase digital bundles for the required books? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I've been accepted into LECOM's post-bacc and I was curious to know if anyone living in Erie could give me some insight to how winters are. Also, I'm looking for an apartment but it seems like the area is a little... how do I put this... hood. What is a safer area that's still close to school? One more thing, are you required to purchase digital bundles for the required books? Thank you.
This year was mild, but don't count on that being the same next year. Honestly, any surrounding area near LECOM is decent. You could also live near Gannon too as long as it's not on the east side like I did.

And I didn't buy any books for the post bac. Someone's bound to have digital pdfs of it.

Hey guys,
I just finished the post bacc, I will give you my story. In the fall I came in thinking getting a 3.0 would be easy, I only studied a week before the test and I ended up performing very poorly that semester. (gpa of 2.5 with a C in physio and biochem and the rest were B's). I came back in the spring and changed my study habits completely. I did not go out a single night in the spring, I ended the semester with a 3.13 (A's in immuno and viro, and the rest were B's). I did not make the 3.0 gpa cutoff but its my fault and my fault alone. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the toughest), the fall semester was a 6 and the Spring was a 10. Pharmacology and anatomy are the toughest classes. You must understand that this post bacc is nothing more than just an opportunity. It is up to you to work hard and get that 3.0. It is statistically proven that if you earn a 3.0 gpa, you will be successful as a MS1. Yes, they do make it challenging by putting multiple subjects on a single test where compared to MS1's that does not occur. Although you must also consider that an MS1 takes double as many credits than a post bacc (30 credits vs 15 credits), and practically have multiple quizzes and tests every week. From discussion with former post baccs, while it indeed more stressful than MS1 mainly cause there is no safety net (if you fail thats it), to say post bacc is tougher than MS1 is absolutely ludicrous. You have to realize that medicine is a very stressful career, there are a lot of things you cannot control. LECOM does make things a lot tougher in the spring than in the fall, but everyone is given the same chance. Only 15% of 125 students failed pharm, that is a fact (not 50%). Our class in general were very immature this year, they expected grades to be given to them rather than earned, LECOM has zero tolerance for this just like any other med school. I will say that the kids involved in the fight at the beginning of the year were straight from undergrad, so please act like an adult and dont get black out wasted every weekend. I dont love LECOM, but they are giving you a second chance, its up to you to take advantage of that. There will be obstacles that LECOM throws at you, but it will prepare you more for a career in medicine.

Reactions: 9 users
This year was mild, but don't count on that being the same next year. Honestly, any surrounding area near LECOM is decent. You could also live near Gannon too as long as it's not on the east side like I did.

And I didn't buy any books for the post bac. Someone's bound to have digital pdfs of it.

Thanks for the quick reply! I must have read the digital package requirement incorrectly.. I think that's only for the MS1's. I was looking at apartments on Grandview, hopefully that's far enough away from the east-side crime!

Hey guys,
I just finished the post bacc, I will give you my story. In the fall I came in thinking getting a 3.0 would be easy, I only studied a week before the test and I ended up performing very poorly that semester. (gpa of 2.5 with a C in physio and biochem and the rest were B's). I came back in the spring and changed my study habits completely. I did not go out a single night in the spring, I ended the semester with a 3.13 (A's in immuno and viro, and the rest were B's). I did not make the 3.0 gpa cutoff but its my fault and my fault alone. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the toughest), the fall semester was a 6 and the Spring was a 10. Pharmacology and anatomy are the toughest classes. You must understand that this post bacc is nothing more than just an opportunity. It is up to you to work hard and get that 3.0. It is statistically proven that if you earn a 3.0 gpa, you will be successful as a MS1. Yes, they do make it challenging by putting multiple subjects on a single test where compared to MS1's that does not occur. Although you must also consider that an MS1 takes double as many credits than a post bacc (30 credits vs 15 credits), and practically have multiple quizzes and tests every week. From discussion with former post baccs, while it indeed more stressful than MS1 mainly cause there is no safety net (if you fail thats it), to say post bacc is tougher than MS1 is absolutely ludicrous. You have to realize that medicine is a very stressful career, there are a lot of things you cannot control. LECOM does make things a lot tougher in the spring than in the fall, but everyone is given the same chance. Only 15% of 125 students failed pharm, that is a fact (not 50%). Our class in general were very immature this year, they expected grades to be given to them rather than earned, LECOM has zero tolerance for this just like any other med school. I will say that the kids involved in the fight at the beginning of the year were straight from undergrad, so please act like an adult and dont get black out wasted every weekend. I dont love LECOM, but they are giving you a second chance, its up to you to take advantage of that. There will be obstacles that LECOM throws at you, but it will prepare you more for a career in medicine.
Thank you for your much appreciated input! I was having second thoughts on this program after multiple "half the class failed" posts on this forum. To me it seems that if you come into the program with a work hard mentality with the goal to get the best possible grade then you will be rewarded.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

what did you do differently the second semester exactly if you dont mind me asking?

I agree with everything redbull said. It depends on how much work and time you're willing to spend in the post bac program.

My cGPA and sGPA coming into the post bac was 3.1 and 2.8 respectively with an MCAT of 25. Statistically, I'm not supposed to be even considered a spot in medical school. However, I worked my ass off in this program and I ended up with a 4.0 both semesters. If I can do it, you guys can too. Just think about it carefully because it is a last resort.

Hey Channing, my landlord has two duplexes available right now, but he might be willing to hold it until August. It's only about a 2 minute drive to campus. It's on 1711/1713 West Gore Rd.

http://www.renewedrentals.com/available.htm

Thank you for your much appreciated input! I was having second thoughts on this program after multiple "half the class failed" posts on this forum. To me it seems that if you come into the program with a work hard mentality with the goal to get the best possible grade then you will be rewarded.

It's kind of funny that a lot of ppl who came into the program with high GPAs are the ones complaining about pharm and those who did reasonably well in pharm are the ones who came into the program with low GPAs.

What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't start the program with a cocky mindset or else you will do horrible.

Our class in general were very immature this year, they expected grades to be given to them rather than earned, LECOM has zero tolerance for this just like any other med school. I will say that the kids involved in the fight at the beginning of the year were straight from undergrad, so please act like an adult and dont get black out wasted every weekend.

Unfortunately this is so true! Our class (not everyone) was totally immature and I felt that there was no community within our class. You have students on one side hitting on our female professors saying that they will make her get a divorce etc.... and on the other side you have some students making fun of other students for the way they talk or look. In the back you have people question why people are standing up against the wall during breaks (ummm so that they don't get DVT?). You have other students refer to other students as "kid" saying things like " what is that kid doing?" "who does that kid think he is?" I can go on and on about some people in our class who had no respect for other students or professors.

I am so glad that I don't have to interact with these bunch of immature people, but unfortunately some of them did meet the requirement to continue on as MS1 students... darn it... I need to get me some vodka

Anyone need a roommate? I prefer no pets, quietness, and like to keep common areas at least somewhat clean. Also prefer to live with a male.

I'm a male from California if that makes a difference. I don't smoke, I'm quiet and like to keep things clean. I do drink alcohol from time to time responsibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what did you do differently the second semester exactly if you dont mind me asking?
1)I did not bring my laptop to class and printed the slides (so I dont get distracted)
2) I would not go to sleep until I knew everything we learned in class that day
3) Before the weekend of the test, I at least reviewed all the material at least three times (each review took 1.5 hours), then I did a final review over the weekend. Every time I did this, I got high B's and A's

Everyone is different, there are people in my class that can review material twice and got 4.0's. The trick to being successful in this program is figuring out how to study at a med school level. The sooner you figure that out, the better off you will be. You can go out if you want to. I think most would recommend going out the night after taking the exam (most of the time there is an exam every two weeks). I would recommend trying to get as close to 4.0 as possible in the Fall because the Spring is rough. Also the last week of the semester you have your last exam (exam #5) on Monday, and in the same week, have the final on Friday. The final is on everything you covered on that semester and worth 25-30% of your grade. So you want to do well on the exams during the semester so you have wiggle room. Also surround yourself with the right people, in the fall, all the guys I hung out with withdrew. In the spring I surrounded myself with hardworking people and it motivated me to do better.

Hey Y'all,

I applied on the 4/12 and was accepted on Monday. Congrats to the rest of you who already have gotten in to the program and those who used this program as a spring board to MS1!!! See y'all this fall.

Hey Y'all,

I applied on the 4/12 and was accepted on Monday. Congrats to the rest of you who already have gotten in to the program and those who used this program as a spring board to MS1!!! See y'all this fall.

You got the letter that quickly?! Man I'm getting nervous, do you know when your application review was over? I applied the 18th (basically) and my app still says under review.

Oh and congrats!!

It's kind of funny that a lot of ppl who came into the program with high GPAs are the ones complaining about pharm and those who did reasonably well in pharm are the ones who came into the program with low GPAs.

What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't start the program with a cocky mindset or else you will do horrible.

Unfortunately this is so true! Our class (not everyone) was totally immature and I felt that there was no community within our class. You have students on one side hitting on our female professors saying that they will make her get a divorce etc.... and on the other side you have some students making fun of other students for the way they talk or look. In the back you have people question why people are standing up against the wall during breaks (ummm so that they don't get DVT?). You have other students refer to other students as "kid" saying things like " what is that kid doing?" "who does that kid think he is?" I can go on and on about some people in our class who had no respect for other students or professors.

Yikes on the bolded part!

I am so glad that I don't have to interact with these bunch of immature people, but unfortunately some of them did meet the requirement to continue on as MS1 students... darn it... I need to get me some vodka

I am going out on a limb here and guess that they barely made it into LDP by the skin of their teeth. They are not home free yet. LECOM is pretty good at sniffing out these problematic individuals and doesn't have any reservation in getting rid of them or making it impossible for them to stay. Chances are, LECOM already has a list of them somewhere in Dr. K's office. The next 2 years will be quite uncomfortable for them. Don't get me wrong, LDP will be fine for the normal, hardworking people, some of the highest-performing individuals were former-pb-now-LDPs. 6-7 hours a a day, 5 days a week under constant pressure, these douche-canoes will break at one point.

Anyways, I am glad that some successful PB from this year have arrived and shared their positive experiences. Have a blast this summer, you guys earned it!

Hey guys! So I figured I would share my experience since I remember creeping through all the old threads last year trying to decide whether the high-risk/high-reward nature of this program was worth it or not (especially since I was flying across the country).

Coming in, I believed I could get a 3.0 without really trying since I managed to get through undergrad by casually glancing at powerpoints and recognizing key terms when this program is clearly more about applying what you learned and knowing the material like the back of your hand. Let me emphasize that their standard for a 3.0 is probably equivalent to a +3.5 in undergrad and requires ALOT of hard-work and dedication. During the first 2 months, the physio exams were like a slap in the face since I had never failed an exam in my life and never thought it could happen to me. It is worth the most credits and is the hardest subject during the fall so you have to adapt quickly and figure out what works best for you or risk not being able to recover at the end of the semester. Like others stated, histology was tricky since the images tend to look the same and the quality of those on the exams are not as clear as those in the modules. The rest of the courses are much more straight-foward and require pure memorization. I by no means slacked off during the fall but managed to get a 3.0 as I tried to adjust to everything and fix the F’s from the first 2 exams. The students that did the best were those that had previously taken the courses in undergrad or had a science masters since they at least had some previous exposure to the material, as well as those coming straight from undergrad.

The volume of detail that we are supposed to know during second semester significantly increases and makes it much more challenging, however, it was manageable since I finally figured out what study methods are most EFFECTIVE in terms of covering all the material. You are taking BOTH anatomy and pharmacology which both require ALOT of time to master. I had been warned by previous post-baccs how pharm is what gets most people so may have neglected anatomy a bit to focus on pharm. It was was unnerving knowing that there were only 2 pharm exams and the first one could make or break you with the amount of points it was worth. Immunology was also scary for most since your grade is also dependent on one exam. They also increased the content in these exams by making them cover material over the time span of a month as opposed to having a test every two weeks which made it much more difficult to keep up with the coursework.

My main words of advice would be:

1.) Treat this like it is your JOB! Seriously nothing else matters except getting the 3.0. Stay on top of the material and try and cover everything you learned that same day.

2.) Make sure to set aside some time to yourself doing whatever it is that de-stresses you and clears your mind. For me it was taking advantage of the gym membership they provide and keeping 40 minutes to myself to just clear my mind. It really is a great way to channel all that anxiety and stress we are constantly experiencing.

3.) Surround yourself with a good support system. Find colleagues who motivate you and push you to succeed. It seriously makes such a difference having someone to hold you accountable and who can talk over the material with with you.

4.) Don’t be fooled by the 1 credit classes, you are still NOT allowed to fail a class and it would be such a shame not to make it over failing a small class.

5.) Don’t be afraid to approach former post-baccs for advice. Talking to someone who has already experienced it and having an idea of what to expect provided reassurance that it really is possible to get through this.

I honestly do not think I would be able to survive MS1 without this experience and am beyond grateful for this opportunity. Yeah it’s obviously not a perfect but I doubt there are any other programs without ANY flaws. Not being able to drink water or eat in class, having to dress up everyday, as well as having to follow 123109231 rules is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Is the cold weather and snow irritating especially on mornings where you have to dig your car out of the snow? Yeah, but again it doesn't’ really matter in the big picture (not only that but Erie is perfect for studying and it’s not like you even have time to notice the weather). Do I feel that a lot of things were unfair throughout the year? Probably but life is unfair and it is something you just have to get used to. They are giving you a chance to achieve your dream so just work hard and go along with it. I managed to get a 3.4 GPA second semester and received my acceptance into LECOM’s medical school and do not regret it at all. I am by NO means naturally smart and always feel like I have to put the extra work to understand things compared to my peers. These were the most challenging/stressful months of my life since I had the constant fear of getting weeded out hanging over my head but I would not change a thing.

Hope you guys find this at least somewhat useful and feel free to message me if you have any questions :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Thank you to all the post bacc students who have replied to this thread. Do any of you know how many students ending up receiving an acceptance into LECOM's medical school at the end of the program? I'm currently deciding between this program and LMU's.

Thank you to all the post bacc students who have replied to this thread. Do any of you know how many students ending up receiving an acceptance into LECOM's medical school at the end of the program? I'm currently deciding between this program and LMU's.

They haven't told us the break down and I don't think they will unless we specifically asked for it. They'll probably mention it to you guys at the open house, but if I had to guess, it would be around 60%.

I'm sure Jamie Murphy would be willing to answer your questions about statistics and such.

Do classes taken postbacc count for the gpa minimum to get into this program?

Thanks! I'll email her. The other thing I have to decide is PBL (LECOM) vs non-PBL (LMU). I think that might be a deal breaker for me.

This really is a high risk/high reward program. Like what everyone before me noted, when you're in the program there's no time for playing games or getting into trouble. Your #1 priority is doing the best you can first semester so that you can cement your standing as a recipient of the contingent acceptance second semester. Second semester is harder than first semester because of anatomy and pharmacology. Take advantage of your professors and peers.

I agree with Premedpizza that LECOM's standard for a 3.0 is equivalent to a undergrad 3.5+... maybe a 3.7 GPA.

The professors do want their students to succeed. It's up to us to put in the hard work. You have to remember that we are here to prove that we can handle med school and the materials presented to us are med school level. LECOM won't dumb down the material, if they do then that defeats the whole purpose of the program and students who continue on will be bound to fail MS1.

I am more than happy to help/mentor any incoming post-bac students throughout their whole journey if they decide to do the program, but if I find that you're a douche then I will have to cut you off.

Fyi, I came into the program with a 3.1 cGPA, 2.9 sGPA, and 25 MCAT. I did well both semesters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences!

Your advice is really valued.

Could a former post bacc please describe any study methods they found to be most useful for mastering the program material?

For example, is all the material on the power points relevant to the exam or should students look elsewhere to be fully prepared?

Should notes be taken by hand or with a laptop?

Thanks so much everyone :)

Just accepted via snail mail. Why doesn't it say for which campus? Is it only offered on the Eerie campus?

I'm one of the 13% who failed pharm (69%). Pretty bummed, especially since I worked so hard and got As and Bs in all the other classes. If anyone else is in the same boat, feel free to message me if you'd like.

I'm one of the 13% who failed pharm (69%). Pretty bummed, especially since I worked so hard and got As and Bs in all the other classes. If anyone else is in the same boat, feel free to message me if you'd like.
I'm so sorry! That's so close too. What happens now? Did you apply through to other DO schools already? Would you update them on how this semester went?

I'm so sorry! That's so close too. What happens now? Did you apply through to other DO schools already? Would you update them on how this semester went?
I didn't get any other interviews and I doubt that any schools are still interviewing this late in the cycle. So I feel like it would be kinda pointless to update them now. They'll know about it when I re-apply next cycle of course. In terms of what happens now. Well, my MCAT score expires in July, so I'm planning on re-taking that. I'm also planning on re-taking Physics 1 and O-chem 1 at a community college, since those were both classes that I got a C in undergrad. I'm getting letter of recs from a couple of LECOM professors, so hopefully that gives my app a bit of a boost. And then I might apply to some SMP-like programs with linkages, albeit those will probably be long-shots at this point.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences!

Your advice is really valued.

Could a former post bacc please describe any study methods they found to be most useful for mastering the program material?

For example, is all the material on the power points relevant to the exam or should students look elsewhere to be fully prepared?

Should notes be taken by hand or with a laptop?

Thanks so much everyone :)

Personally, I preferred printing out notes because I write faster than I type. I know other people who used the computer and they did just fine so it's a personal preference.

So here's what I did for each class. Hopefully it'll help you guys as well.

Fall Semester:
Physiology - We had two professors with significantly different teaching styles. One had brief powerpoints but left out important information. Another would go on tangents and have cluttered powerpoints with unnecessary information. I used other sources such as BRS Physio and Costanzo's Cases and Problems which helped me out a lot. Rather than rote memorization, understanding the material was key.

Biochemistry, Genetics, Cell Biology - Go over powerpoints. That's all I did for these classes. For part of Genetics and Cell Biology, we had Hussain. He's a great guy but his lectures drag on and it's hard to understand him at times. His test questions were very fair though and the highlighted/bolded parts of his powerpoints were usually high yield.

Histology - Go over as many different types of pictures as much as possible. Know the key differences between the cell types and such because the quality of the pictures on the test is terrible. I read Ross' Histo book which helped me a lot for this class.

Microbiology - I made charts of each bacteria that we talked about and listed distinguishing features. I forgot to mention in my previous post, but this class could potentially weed people out. We had 2 test and the second test was approximately 60% of our grade.

Critical thinking - the first half of this class was just memorizing medical terminology. The second half was a waste of time IMO. We had to read articles and interpret them which I'm sure many of you guys have prior experience. On our last test, we were tested on Andrew Wakefield's controversial paper. While this class is an easy A, it's just as easy to get a B or lower if you don't give at least a little time.

Fall semester will be hard in the sense where you're trying to get used to the teaching styles and the amount of information presented (med school will probably be worse). Try your best to get a high GPA this semester like some of my classmates pointed out. You'll feel better during the spring when you get your conditional acceptance letter earlier. Personally, I wasn't any more confident during spring even after getting my fall grades.

Spring Semester:
Anatomy - We had multiple professors, but Kulesza wrote most of our questions. Along with the powerpoints, we had to rely on the clinical supplement that the medical students used, the histo book from Fall semester, and any additional notes that he gave us. Any of those materials were fair game. This was one of the hardest classes due to the testing style and the amount of material that could be on the test. I went through everything a couple times before a test and I drew out diagrams to prepare.

Pathology - Stevens will say to go over the book as well as the learning objectives, but I just did the learning objectives. I didn't look at the book once and I did fine. She also reused her questions on the final (she specifically mentioned this to us) so that helped as well.

PHARMACOLOGY - I made a drug chart for each lecture and I did learning objectives after class. I reviewed the powerpoints along with the material that I made and before a test, I would cross out each learning objective that I could recall without looking at my notes. There's a lot of overlap between the types of drugs and the effects, but I managed.

Virology - Same idea as Microbiology. Virus chart.

Immunology - Hussain taught the class, but the first test was written by another professor. There's only one test so it weeded out a lot of people. I went over the powerpoint many times. It's doable though but the material can be obscure.

Introduction to Clinical Med - I just went over the powerpoints. It's just an introduction course so the material wasn't as hard.

Overall, the post bacc course was hard for me; maybe it'll be easier for you guys. Just don't come in thinking it'll be easy to get the 3.0 because it's not. But I'm sure you guys can do it. I hope I was able to help you all with some information about the classes you'll be taking. Meet a good group of friends who will push you to do well. Don't get distracted by frivolous things and don't draw attention to yourselves with the administration.

TL;DR: Do well in post bacc, find good study habits, get into medical school.

Reactions: 10 users
I didn't get any other interviews and I doubt that any schools are still interviewing this late in the cycle. So I feel like it would be kinda pointless to update them now. They'll know about it when I re-apply next cycle of course. In terms of what happens now. Well, my MCAT score expires in July, so I'm planning on re-taking that. I'm also planning on re-taking Physics 1 and O-chem 1 at a community college, since those were both classes that I got a C in undergrad. I'm getting letter of recs from a couple of LECOM professors, so hopefully that gives my app a bit of a boost. And then I might apply to some SMP-like programs with linkages, albeit those will probably be long-shots at this point.

At least you're still trying to get into a school in the US. That is definitely dedication and says a lot about you. Would you rather go a different path than go to the Caribbean? Absolutely kill the MCAT! I'm currently studying for a retake in June, and whether or not I follow through with the plan depends on the decision from the committee of this post bac.

If you don't mind me asking, do you think you could have studied harder for the pharm test? Or is it like you did everything you could have and it just didn't play out the way you expected it to?

Thanks!

And thanks @Motivated1234 for those
tips

At least you're still trying to get into a school in the US. That is definitely dedication and says a lot about you. Would you rather go a different path than go to the Caribbean? Absolutely kill the MCAT! I'm currently studying for a retake in June, and whether or not I follow through with the plan depends on the decision from the committee of this post bac.

If you don't mind me asking, do you think you could have studied harder for the pharm test? Or is it like you did everything you could have and it just didn't play out the way you expected it to?

Thanks!

And thanks @Motivated1234 for those
tips
I think it was definitely the latter. To be honest with you, I didn't even think pharm was the hardest class of the semester or the program. So I'm still in disbelief as to how I ended up doing so poorly, especially since I've taken pharm before at Barry's BMS program and aced it. It was the exact same material.

I think it was definitely the latter. To be honest with you, I didn't even think pharm was the hardest class of the semester or the program. So I'm still in disbelief as to how I ended up doing so poorly, especially since I've taken pharm before at Barry's BMS program and aced it. It was the exact same material.

It's probably because of Scully/Allen. They said they were "on our side" but they were trying to weed out lots of people.

I disliked how Scully and Allen never replied to anyone's emails. I emailed them asking if I could set up an appointment with them so that I could ask them for clarification on some of their slides, but no one replied. (correction: they did reply, but to a select few. I don't know why though)

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm kind of bummed out that I'm applying to this program this late. By late I mean I can't actually apply till next week. I have finals this week so ideally I won't have time to finish my essay for the program.

Question for everyone here, do I still have a chance to apply and get in?

Thanks for all your help.

Hey guys, I'm kind of bummed out that I'm applying to this program this late. By late I mean I can't actually apply till next week. I have finals this week so ideally I won't have time to finish my essay for the program.

Question for everyone here, do I still have a chance to apply and get in?

Thanks for all your help.

It won't hurt to try. I knew someone who found out the night before that she got in and she had to drive 6-7 hours the day of to make it to orientation.

In general, is a quick decision usually a favorable decision? My status changed to "A decision has been made...." about 2 weeks after I was complete. Letter on its way

In general, is a quick decision usually a favorable decision? My status changed to "A decision has been made...." about 2 weeks after I was complete. Letter on its way
Same thing happened to me last week. I'm still waiting for the letter.

When did they say a letter was on the way? This past Thursday?

I see, yea that's tough. I can't relate completely (obviously - not in the program), but I bet that's frustrating. Good luck with everything, I'm rooting for ya!

Last edited: