LECOM Post-Bacc 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi all. this is my first ever post and i was just wondering if people think i should apply to this program while i currently have a application in to LECOM medical school? will it hurt my chances on getting an interview with them? thanks!
Heya, I applied before receiving an interview and literally 30 minutes after I sent in my application my interview email came in. So it shouldn't hurt your chances. I also spoke with Jamie on the phone and he said that placing your deposit for the post bacc provided that you are accepted does not take you out of consideration for the medical school.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question guys. So I got an acceptance letter for a post back program (dental program) and when I read the letter it said something about DO and most stuff, but I'm trying to enroll for dental program. Did I apply to the right post bac?

I have a question guys. So I got an acceptance letter for a post back program (dental program) and when I read the letter it said something about DO and most stuff, but I'm trying to enroll for dental program. Did I apply to the right post bac?
Mcat stuff*

Members don't see this ad :)

hey what are your stats if u don't mind me asking? I'm dental and applying! My DAT is low and plan on retaking in April. but I sent everything and haven't heard anything

It may be a typo on their part, but you might wanna contact Jamie. Pre-dental postbac students and pre-DO postbac students take the same courses, but for pre-pharm postbac students they are somewhere on campus.

It could also just be a form letter that they send out to all post bac students upon acceptance? I'm sure if you sent in DAT scores that would be a pretty big hint that you were applying for the dental program..

lol I really don't think you need this program..... haha
Well, im getting rejected and waitlisted to all the dental schools i applied this year so I have to take this program lol. And I def dont want to do masters

Allegedly LECOM is going to look at the next batch of applications starting today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does Jamie take to reply to emails? I emailed him on wednesday and haven't heard anything

How long does Jamie take to reply to emails? I emailed him on wednesday and haven't heard anything

He's on a recruiting trip right now so he takes a few days to get back.

Reactions: 1 user
So what happens after you submit your deposit. Do they send you a physical packet in the mail or what?

So what happens after you submit your deposit. Do they send you a physical packet in the mail or what?
yea you get emailed a packet regarding further program details and insurance information. When reading it they seem very very strict on dress code lol.

yea you get emailed a packet regarding further program details and insurance information. When reading it they seem very very strict on dress code lol.

I've heard it's worse for the guys that it is for the girls haha. But yeah, its pretty intense.

Anyone have their admission status change lately? Seems like no one is getting any decisions lately

Anyone have their admission status change lately? Seems like no one is getting any decisions lately

Weren't you already accepted?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Mine is also "Under review" but I mentioned to Jamie that I was retaking the DAT in April, so I have no clue is they took that into consideration. o_O

I graduated as a bio major with 3.2 gap...trying to get into dental school..and I was wondering if I should do post bad(dental program) or if I should do masters?

IMO I think you should do a postbac, you can even do a informal one if you like. Your DAT is fine and GPA is in the lower end, but not horrible. But if you're interested in attending in LECOM and moving to Erie then thats up to you!

Found out I got in a couple weeks ago...finally got my matriculation packet/info on financial aid and insurance stuff in my email today. Still trying to find a place to live up in Erie that accepts dogs! :) Anybody else still studying for the MCAT?

Found out I got in a couple weeks ago...finally got my matriculation packet/info on financial aid and insurance stuff in my email today. Still trying to find a place to live up in Erie that accepts dogs! :) Anybody else still studying for the MCAT?

Yes I am. You got in befor taking the the mcat? I'm taking it April 23

Why are you taking the MCAT if u are already in the program? I was told whether you use the AIS/MCAT as long as u maintain a 3.0, you are granted an interview. Unless you are retaking the MCAT, just to apply to other schools while you're in the post bacc?

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

You'll prob get a decision soon. Mines like that because I have no mcat score in

woohoo my application status changed today to "decision has been made"! Now we play the waiting game for the snail mail letter to arrive. Anyone know how long it took from "decision" to letter arriving? I'm assuming mine will take longer as I'm in california

woohoo my application status changed today to "decision has been made"! Now we play the waiting game for the snail mail letter to arrive. Anyone know how long it took from "decision" to letter arriving? I'm assuming mine will take longer as I'm in california
Hey! I'm California too. Whereabouts are you? Don't worry, mine only took a week to get here. :)

Hey! I'm California too. Whereabouts are you? Don't worry, mine only took a week to get here. :)
Thanks for the info! I can't wait till the letter comes. Im in Sacramento

Thanks for the info! I can't wait till the letter comes. Im in Sacramento

Hey man congratz. Mind sharing them stats???

Why are you taking the MCAT if u are already in the program? I was told whether you use the AIS/MCAT as long as u maintain a 3.0, you are granted an interview. Unless you are retaking the MCAT, just to apply to other schools while you're in the post bacc?

Because they still require a score on the MCAT in the 40th percentile or higher to be able to matriculate into their DO program.

Yes I am. You got in befor taking the the mcat? I'm taking it April 23

Yup! They don't require the MCAT for acceptance for their post-bacc - only required for acceptance into their DO program.

Because they still require a score on the MCAT in the 40th percentile or higher to be able to matriculate into their DO program.
Did you get in using your AIS? I spoke to Jamie directly and he told me that once you're in, all you need to do is get the 3.0.

So I have a cGPA of 3.14 and a sGPA less than that (too lazy to look it up right now). I had an SAT score of 1900.. can't seem to find the AIS calculator that you all speak of so I'm not really sure what that makes it..

My application switched from under to review to saying the letter was in the mail.. do you guys think I should be worried? I never specified when I was taking the MCAT, so is there any chance they could have just rejected me due to a low AIS/unsure when I was taking the MCAT?

Going to be freaking out until I get this letter aaaahhhhh

I think your alright. They would have waited for your mcat to reject you.

@FutureDoctorChloe do you mind sharing your stats. I will be using AIS most likely so I was wondering what your AIS was and your sGPA and cGPA are like?
Also, does anyone know if they have another method of sending recommendations.

Usually if you have letters. You can have the sender seal it in an envelope and you can hand it in to your HPO, they'll usually consolidate them all in your file and they'll send for you?

@FutureDoctorChloe do you mind sharing your stats. I will be using AIS most likely so I was wondering what your AIS was and your sGPA and cGPA are like?
LECOM has electronic delivery if you use interfolio

Hey, I applied and was accepted with an AIS of 125. My cGPA is a 3.6 and my sGPA is about a 3.1

So I have a cGPA of 3.14 and a sGPA less than that (too lazy to look it up right now). I had an SAT score of 1900.. can't seem to find the AIS calculator that you all speak of so I'm not really sure what that makes it..

My application switched from under to review to saying the letter was in the mail.. do you guys think I should be worried? I never specified when I was taking the MCAT, so is there any chance they could have just rejected me due to a low AIS/unsure when I was taking the MCAT?

Going to be freaking out until I get this letter aaaahhhhh

You can calculate your AIS using the feature at the bottom of this page: http://lecom.edu/admissions/entranc...f-osteopathic-medicine-entrance-requirements/

Whats the cutoff score for mcat now with the new mcat? It used to be 23 with the old one i think

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Whats the cutoff score for mcat now with the new mcat? It used to be 23 with the old one i think

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It's basically 40th percentile or 497 on the new mcat

I have an old MCAT of 31. and an AIS of 124 with cGPA 3.55 and sGPA 3.34. I have sent most of documents in and my MCAT will be >2yrs old this june. Also, how do they accept interfolio.

You should prob save a yr and apply to the med school. I don't think you need to do a post bacc. Unless you want to

i want to do the postbac. I feel very unprepared for med school so.