LMU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hw13

Reaction score
Starting this thread because I wasn't able to fine one! First time applicant, LMU is in high on the list for me - anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

1st time applying to LMU! It’s my #2!!!

This is my second time applying! I will be starting the LMU MS Veterinary Biomedical Science this fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
Second year here, feel free to ask any questions you have! Good luck to everyone applying!

Reactions: 1 users
How do you like the school so far? What would you say the pros and cons are ?
The faculty have all been great and you can tell they enjoy teaching the students. It's very hands on and I'm excited for how LMU does their 4th year rotations. I think a con is they seem to change curriculum a lot because they are trying to start a January class. So they shuffle classes around and they are changing how exams are done.

Reactions: 1 user
The faculty have all been great and you can tell they enjoy teaching the students. It's very hands on and I'm excited for how LMU does their 4th year rotations. I think a con is they seem to change curriculum a lot because they are trying to start a January class. So they shuffle classes around and they are changing how exams are done.
Where do students usually live? Close to the main campus near harrogate or near the Ewing Virginia area near the other facility ?

Where do students usually live? Close to the main campus near harrogate or near the Ewing Virginia area near the other facility ?
I'd say its pretty split between Harrogate and Middlesboro with a few out in Ewing. They do have graduate housing on and off-campus that some people choose to live at for the first year but I haven't head great things about it. There are a few 1 bedroom apartments in middlesboro and harrogate but those tend to go fast. I would say a majority of people rent a house in one of the three areas. You have to be careful in ewing because not all the houses out there have internet access yet.

Current first year feel free to reach out!

• Care
first time applying, from NYC, just submitted my applications :) good luck to all of us

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say its pretty split between Harrogate and Middlesboro with a few out in Ewing. They do have graduate housing on and off-campus that some people choose to live at for the first year but I haven't head great things about it. There are a few 1 bedroom apartments in middlesboro and harrogate but those tend to go fast. I would say a majority of people rent a house in one of the three areas. You have to be careful in ewing because not all the houses out there have internet access yet.
could you tell us more about the schedule like time off and breaks ? Also I’d like to know how the rotations year works do you just get to pick anywhere from the list they provide or do you have to reach out to the vet hospitals

could you tell us more about the schedule like time off and breaks ? Also I’d like to know how the rotations year works do you just get to pick anywhere from the list they provide or do you have to reach out to the vet hospitals
The schedule is just like a normal college schedule. You get labor day off, a few days for thanksgiving, winter break, spring break, and then you have summers off. Exams are on Mondays and some days you have the rest of the day off and some you have class afterwards.

For rotations you have core rotations that you have to go to and there is a list of approved clinics that you chose from and rank your preference for. You are allowed to propose up to two rotations that aren't on their approved list of sites for your elective. There's a whole process for that and those electives are the ones you would reach out to the clinics yourself.

I was reading through the helpful tips and tricks document that was sent out for the prerequisite courses. I just want to clarify if we are to select the ALL applicable courses or the minimum amount with the highest grades that fulfill the requirements?

I was reading through the helpful tips and tricks document that was sent out for the prerequisite courses. I just want to clarify if we are to select the ALL applicable courses or the minimum amount with the highest grades that fulfill the requirements?
I selected minimum with highest grades, that’s what I learned from other threads.

Last edited:
First time OOS applicant from CA! taking capser on tuesday.

A little worried about the CASPER test…. How did everyone do?

I did practice tests right on their site and just took it, no worries, just follow your guts and don’t hesitate, you will do just fine.

I was looking at last year's forum, and it seems the interview invites are very spread out. Like some were invited in oct, and some weren't invited until Jan! Do you know how they determine who they extend offers to early vs. late, or is it just "luck of the draw?" Also, have you heard anything else about them potentially starting a class in January?
Second year here, feel free to ask any questions you have! Good luck to everyone applying!

I was looking at last year's forum, and it seems the interview invites are very spread out. Like some were invited in oct, and some weren't invited until Jan! Do you know how they determine who they extend offers to early vs. late, or is it just "luck of the draw?" Also, have you heard anything else about them potentially starting a class in January?
I'm not sure if it's the same process this year but this is how it's worked in the past. They have a rolling interview process so you could be offered an interview anytime between October and Janurary. Last year the admissions committee met once a month to decide who got interviews. In December they extend early acceptances to a small amount of people (like 50ish) who have interviewed so far. Everyone else finds out between March-April.

Reactions: 2 users
First time applicant from Indiana here!

I just got my scores back for the Aug 28th date. I got the 4th quartile

I just got my scores back for the Aug 28th date. I got the 4th quartile
Same, but I got first quartile💀I knew my writing score was going to suck, hopefully my video responses scored higher. I’m curious to know how much LMU uses Casper in their decisions, their website is very vague about it

Same, but I got first quartile💀I knew my writing score was going to suck, hopefully my video responses scored higher. I’m curious to know how much LMU uses Casper in their decisions, their website is very vague about it
I asked LMU and they wouldn’t disclose how heavily they weigh the CASPER. They just said that they have a holistic admissions policy so they’ll look at your whole application. I also scored in the first quartile🙁

I asked LMU and they wouldn’t disclose how heavily they weigh the CASPER. They just said that they have a holistic admissions policy so they’ll look at your whole application. I also scored in the first quartile🙁
when I watched the videos from LMU they did mention not to worry too much about the CASPER as long as you didn't do terrible or say/write anything non-ethical or alarming

During their webinar they said the Casper does not have a significant impact on their admissions decisions. That confuses me because why have us do it if it's not really a factor? Kansas said the same thing.

During their webinar they said the Casper does not have a significant impact on their admissions decisions. That confuses me because why have us do it if it's not really a factor? Kansas said the same thing.
Maybe they use it as a make-or-break deal? I am not sure tbh

I am not sure if they did interviews the same way last year but I heard in 2020 they did 15 min short interviews where they basically asked CASPER-like questions so maybe they decided for students to take CASPER so they could do normal interviews?

Current first year feel free to reach out!
How were your interviews run last year? Were they the 15 minute, situational interviews or comparable to other school interviews

If anyone took the most recent CASPer test, looks like the company sent out those scores to the schools today!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard from LMU about interviews? I know they said it could be as early as October so I was just wondering.

Has anyone heard from LMU about interviews? I know they said it could be as early as October so I was just wondering.
No. Last cycle they didn’t start offering a whole lot until October or November.

If anyone took the most recent CASPer test, looks like the company sent out those scores to the schools today!
Do you know when we will have access to our results? I got the email saying schools received our scores, but im unable to see them on the altus website!

Do you know when we will have access to our results? I got the email saying schools received our scores, but im unable to see them on the altus website!
It probably won’t be for a while. I took it on august 28th and just got my results a couple days ago.

I took mine beginning of July and I got my results exactly 1 month after!

Where is everyone else applying this cycle?

LMU, Mizzou, UW, Arizona, Ohio State, LSU, Iowa State, Colorado, SGU, and K-State :)
wow, that's so many applications to fill out :lol: I wish you the best of luck! Is this your 1st time applying

• Haha
I just applied to LMU and UGA. I just couldn't apply to the others due to funding and one singular class I couldn't fit into my schedule.

I applied to Purdue, Illinois, Colorado, KState, U of MN, Mizzou, Auburn, LMU and SGU

I applied to WesternU, CSU, OSU, Mizzou, LIU, LMU, Tufts, UPenn, Iowa, U of A, and OSU. Lol it was a lot of money but I spent the whole year saving up for this!

Did y'all get a confirmation email from the supplemental application or just the confirmation email of the VMCAS being verified? I was just looking through my emails and I realized I only got one from LMU about the VMCAS being verified. Like I paid for the supplemental one so I assumed it went through.

Did y'all get a confirmation email from the supplemental application or just the confirmation email of the VMCAS being verified? I was just looking through my emails and I realized I only got one from LMU about the VMCAS being verified. Like I paid for the supplemental one so I assumed it went through.
I got notification that they received it. They’re having problems with the sup app, so it might be minute before you get an email