Magical WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The wish I granted was lynch avoidance. So LIS could very well have simply pretended to still have his ability.

STL also kinda seemed to admit to being the wolf. And unless he sided with wolves or is a wolf, he couldn't have known the wishes that well.

STL, there is nothing in my win condition. Simply says that I am neutral. Genie don't care who dies, as long as it ain't Genie ;)

I will go ahead with a lynch LIS to make things all easy and tie free

Members don't see this ad.

You have misinterpreted it. Do you really think Finn would be keeping the vote on you if she wasn't the wolf? I am assuming BBC will vote with me because neutral/chaos stay together and I have left her alone all game.

Finn - can you use your conversion to do an honorary conversion of me at end game? I promise I will accept it this time ;)
I will side with you because you have been lying about how I wouldn't be able to be killed every night lol

I've been out of my lamp and vulnerable the last 3 nights

I will side with you because you have been lying about how I wouldn't be able to be killed every night lol

I've been out of my lamp and vulnerable the last 3 nights
Oh I know lol, I have been trying to protect chaos and you. Too bad Finn didn't fall for the dyachei thing. I wish you had done convert, it means I could have been attempted converted twice in 1 game.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The wish I granted was lynch avoidance. So LIS could very well have simply pretended to still have his ability.

STL also kinda seemed to admit to being the wolf. And unless he sided with wolves or is a wolf, he couldn't have known the wishes that well.

STL, there is nothing in my win condition. Simply says that I am neutral. Genie don't care who dies, as long as it ain't Genie ;)

I will go ahead with a lynch LIS to make things all easy and tie free
I promise I am not a wolf and still chaos. I wouldn't be as forward on the thread at this point if I didn' know the spread of players. There is still a slight chance I may not win, but I just want the game done with and move onto the next one.

Lynch tally

LIS (3) - BBC, STL, Finn
STL (1) - LIS

I promise I am not a wolf and still chaos. I wouldn't be as forward on the thread at this point if I didn' know the spread of players. There is still a slight chance I may not win, but I just want the game done with and move onto the next one.
I really don't care if you are a wolf; as long as I am on the winning side hahaha

I really don't care if you are a wolf; as long as I am on the winning side hahaha
Lol and I do feel that wolves deserve it this game. I could be a dingus and switch over to Finn, try and make a tie and drag this out another day, all so villagers could maybe win. But wolves played it well and they deserve the win, so I am not going to try to force it, even if it's not definite I will win

okay. I'll close.

The residents gathered around the Phoenix once more. They knocked him out, tied him up, and roasted him on a spit. So, with that, the last remaining wolf, @finnickthedog, ate the leprechaun and stuffed the genie back into the lamp for a nice little reminder of the havoc that was caused in the magical world, never to be a peaceful, joyous place again. THE END.

WOLVES WIN. But barely!

To explain a little, we RNG'd who the genie would go to and forgot to mention it in the morning PMs. Since LIS had the lamp, she counted as a villager. I'm going to give out some awards soon, so stay tuned. We hoped you liked our game, especially since it was our first one! I'll try to post the spreadsheet too. Thanks so much to kata and kaydubs for comodding with me, couldn't haven't done it without all of us working together!

Reactions: 1 users
I never would have picked finn as the convert over either of LIS or STL. :(

I just want to say that @Trilt outright mocked my reasons early game, like day 2, for lynching Genny. I was right!

There's such a thing as not relying on seers and info and going right off of how people post. Both Genny and promo (in last game) made very similar comments that made me suspicious. We've picked up on wolves in the past with these type of comments. The question is, do I explain it or use it to find wolves in the future?

Members don't see this ad :)
Most sneaky and full of crap player award goes to: STL :rofl: I really had to go back and make sure we actually told him things correctly, because him posting on the thread with his ridiculous antics made us second guess ourselves. LOL

Worst villager seer award goes to: AM +pity+ She told every single person she seered to genny, the alpha wolf, the entire time she was alive. That's why they kept her around. (But AM, still so happy you played and hope you learned how to play better for next game!)

Best sport award goes to: Finn. From having an actual post restriction (FYI, STL never had one), to being killed, then converted to a wolf, she did great and was a great sport through and through.

Most creative award goes to: WZ, Caiter, and Hayley. You guys did AWESOME with all of your items. I was so impressed!

I think that's it for now... Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed!

Reactions: 6 users
Wolves tries to convert LIS but we got Finn instead for reasons unknown

I enjoyed it very much, even though it made me crazy the last few days. Thanks, mods!

Here are all the original characters and items when we thought we would have 30 players and mod- made items.

Magical WW

CHARACTERS

VILLAGERS

1. Elf: item maker. Cannot make items that harm.

You are the villager Elf. Wise beyond your years, and crafty with your hands, you feel connected to nature and the feelings of others. You can create an item for use each night. You may not make the same item twice, and you must make your item with materials found in nature. Note: Your item disappears after one use. Please submit the name of the person you would like to send it to.

2. Dragon: can intimidate a player into revealing their role abilities. 1 a night.

You are the villager Dragon. Contrary to popular belief, you are a gentle soul who has an affinity for shiny things. You may use your fire once per night to intimidate a player to reveal their role abilities.

3. Unicorn: can protect one person every even night. Odd nights can protect themselves. (even night protector)

You are the villager Unicorn. You have often been thought of the protector of the magical realm. You may shine a light from your magic horn to ward away any evil or danger. On even nights, you may pick a player to protect. On odd nights, you may choose to protect yourself.

4. Phoenix: can resurrect two people throughout the entirety of the game

You are the villager Phoenix. After death, you have been known to regenerate by rising from the ashes as a new being, born again. You can resurrect *2* players throughout the entirety of the game. You may fly away and escape lynching *1* time throughout the entirety of the game.

5. Fairy: can sprinkle fairy dust to protect people on odd nights. (odd night protector)

You are the villager Fairy. Full of happiness and endless spirit, you spend your days zipping around spreading your fairy dust to any souls in need. You may choose one player to protect on odd nights only. You may not protect yourself.

6. Mage: Can use magic to charm people into tell him their name.

You are the villager Mage. You are witty and smart, spending many years practicing your magic to heighten your mortal experience. You may use your magic to charm 1 player a night into revealing their name. Will they know if a wolf was immune to their charms?

7. Necromancer: talk with the dead. One dead person a night.

You are the villager Necromancer. In popular culture, necromancers are known to be able to communicate with those who have moved on to a different realm. You may chose one deceased person to speak with every 12 hours, but only in the cover of night.

8. Wizard: can make potions. (may or may not work, wizard in training).

You are the villager Wizard. You are quite new to the job, and potions making is your favorite pastime. You may make a magic potion each night, and use it to your heart’s content. However, it may not always work due to the fact that you are a wizard in training!

9. Centaur: Can PM with anyone. Only 1 person per day.

You are the villager Centaur. Half human and half horse, you are loved by all. You may choose one person to PM each day. Do you plan to have communication restrictions? On all players as well as Centaur(Centaur only messages during lynch cycle etc? And players only message within their groups or at certain times etc?)

10. Gypsy: Mostly vanilla, but can use meditative abilities to create more time if needed at the end of a lynching period.

You are the villager Gypsy. You travel from land to land in search of your soul’s purpose in life. You are as free as the wind, and as happy as a bird. You may use your meditative abilities to create up to one more hour of time at the end of lynching periods if necessary (notify us via this PM) Assign this roll wisely. If a player is never around, it’s pointless.

11. Troll: Must go on a quest to find the bridge. Once found, they can ask the mods a game mechanic question a night, and only talk in the thread in questions (post restriction).

You are the villager Troll. You love to ask people questions, and therefore may ONLY speak in the game thread with questions. Your quest, should you choose to accept, is to find your home; the bridge. You may ask the mods one game mechanic question per night, but only after you complete your quest.

12. Genie: arrives only after someone rubs the lamp. May cast lynch vote to mods, but cannot talk in the game until the magic lamp is rubbed by someone. Once the lamp is rubbed, the genie may grant them one wish through the mods (identity will not be revealed to player wishing). The genie cannot grant vague wishes, i.e “kill the alpha wolf”, but they can grant “kill -enter name here-”.

You are the neutral Genie. You poof into existence when someone rubs your lamp. You may submit lynch votes via this PM, but you may not talk in the thread. You must grant the one wish of whoever rubs your lamp - good or evil. When freed, you may talk in the game thread. After the wish is granted, you go back into your lamp to await your next rescuer. Does the Elf have to CREATE the lamp? And do they vanillify after X# of wishes or unlimited?

13. Griffin: can pick someone up and fly them to a different land.

You are the villager Griffin. Half eagle and half lion, you have superior speed and are the icon of many noble and prestigious entities . You may pick a player and fly them to another land on even nights.

14. Pegasus:

You are the villager Pegasus. The universal signal of wisdom and grace, you spend your days flying above the clouds and keeping distance from the dangerous world below. You have superior sight and navigational skills, and may fly players to other lands on odd nights.

15. Merlion: cannot be effected by Medusa, Sandman, or Mermaid.

You are the villager Merlion. Half fish and half lion, you have superior strength and wisdom. You can adapt to any situation. You cannot be harmed by stone or sand, song or dance. You are resistant to potentially dangerous actions, but just how strong are you?

16. Bigfoot: misunderstood, seers as wolf until finds the abominable snowman who understands you.

You are the villager Bigfoot. You are lonely and seeking a friend who understands you. Your quest, should you choose to accept, is to find the Abominable Snowman. You may submit a name each night.

17. Abominable Snowman: misunderstood, seers as wolf until finds bigfoot who understands you.

You are the villager Abominable Snowman. You are lonely and seeking a friend who understands you. Your quest, should you choose to accept, is to find Bigfoot. You may submit a name each night.

18. Gnome: can send homegrown items to anyone, maybe help in a potion?

You are the villager gnome. You possess a natural inclination towards the Earth and have quite the green thumb. Your magical herbs, flowers, fruits, and vegetables can do the most amazing things and act as the best ingredients. You may choose to send items from your garden to anyone you choose. Perhaps to unsilence/etc?

19. Giant: leaves giant footprints? has a club

Fee Fi Fo Fum. You are the villager Giant. You are gigantic and always carry a club, but don't worry, you're a gentle soul. Wherever you go, you leave enormous footsteps in your wake. You may use your club to knock out anyone to prevent their night actions from taking place. Every night?

20. Hobgoblin: potentially help people with hard puzzles? Has affinity for items

You are the villager Hobgoblin. You enjoy helping people with various odd jobs in exchange for food and trinkets. You do not want to be seen helping though, so you may only do so at night. You have a reputation to uphold after all! You tend to be a little greedy and, as such, you have an affinity for items. You may submit a name each night. You never know who may need your help!

21. Ogre: everything I could find about ogres is bad. Maybe another wolf? everything I find about them is also bad, it’s hard to make a villager role. lol. Post restriction? Idk

22. Sandman: can put everyone to sleep and cancel either a lynch or all night actions

You are the villager Sandman, master of Sleep. You may put everyone to sleep day or night. Before sun sets, you must tell us if you wish to cancel lynch. Before day breaks, you must tell us if you wish to cancel night. You may do each of these one time. Otherwise, you may choose to make one person sleep all night as a way of blocking.

23. Pixie: can watch night actions

You are the villager Pixie. You love to dance and fly around at night. You are a great explorer. You are so tiny that no one will notice you. You may submit a name each night to watch any actions performed.

24. Dwarf: cannot leave mythical mountain range. Can explore the mountains and find things. Can either keep or give away items.

You are the villager dwarf. You live in the Mythical Mountains and are very attached to home. You love to mine and find new, exciting things within your mountain range. Pick a direction to explore in and see what you find. You may submit a new direction each night. You may choose to keep what you find or send it onwards. To send your item, please submit a name during before the end of lynch.

-Emerald: Can be used to entice the leprechaun to join the villager forces? OR Can be used to lead you to a protective garden for the night? what do you think kata?
-Sapphire: Can be used to elicit the sea in your favor (cannot be drowned by mermaid when you have this → but we will not tell them what it does)
-Ruby: Can be used to inspire creativity in the heart of a player (allowing them to create a single use item)
-Ore (silver or gold): Can be used to buy an item of their choice that is already in creation from the mods - that’s really cool.

CHAOS

25. Satyr/Faun: chaos.

You are the satyr. The music of your lyre entrances even the most stalwart of creatures. No one is in control when they hear your music. Please submit one name each night in order to randomly redirect their action. You are chaos and you must live to the end of the game with the villagers in order to win.

26. Leprechaun: chaos. (abilities? or no?)

You are the mischievous leprechaun. You are looking for anything to add to your pot of gold. You may throw pieces of coin at anyone you choose. Who knows what it'll do? You are chaos and you must live to the end of the game with the villagers in order to win. If you receive an item, you may choose to keep it and use it whenever you wish.

Chaos win condition is live to the end with the villagers.

WOLVES

27. Manticore:

You are the Manticore. A hodgepodge of different creatures, you come equipped with the claws of a lion, the horns of an antelope, the poisonous tail of a scorpion, and the face of an old man (creepy). Oh, and don’t forget the rows and rows of sharp, tripping teeth. You do not hesitate to jump on your prey and sink your teeth into their tender flesh. You are a wolf, but seer as villager.

28. Werewolf: alpha. Can only be killed once the rest have been killed. Can resurrect any player as a wolf once someone has been killed. Cannot be intimidated by dragon.

You are the werewolf. A creature from only the most hellish of nightmares, you are extremely difficult to find and the sneakiest murderer of them all. You may only be killed once the rest of the wolves have been killed. You may convert any player into a wolf after you are the last left. I think this goes without saying, but you are a wolf.

29. Hellhound: 

You are the Hellhound. People around the world have been frightened of you and your ominous powers for millennia. A harbinger of death, you may choose a person to stare at twice throughout the game. They will die 2 nights later. You are a wolf.

30. Medusa/Gorgon:

You are the Medusa. You have snakes for hair and ice in your heart, you are a force to be reckoned with. Anyone who tries to perform a night action on you will be turned to stone for one day and not able to speak or put in a lynch vote. You are a wolf.

(Player will not be told they are turned to stone, but rather immobilized and unable to participate for 12 hours).

31. Mermaid: can lure a human to the water and drown them. CANNOT DROWN ANIMAL-LIKE CREATURES. (can only attempt on even nights)

You are the Mermaid. Often believed to be sweet and innocent, you use this to your advantage for your murderous tendencies. Graced with beauty and sex appeal, you lure people into the water and drown them mercilessly. You may only attempt your kill on even nights. You are a wolf.

ITEMS
redistributed each day, can only be used that night.

Wand - can be used to cast a spell, fail rate 25%
You have received a mysterious package today. You open it up and reveal a wand! Think you've got what it takes? Try your hand at casting a spell.

Magic beans - can give them to someone and they grow very tall?

Fairy dust - used on yourself to escape wolf death
You have found a jar at your door. You open it up and reveal some fairy dust! You suddenly sneeze and find the dust all over yourself. What will happen next?

Potions - made by the wizard in training, rotate RNG

Lamp - releases the genie, the people who find the lamp are granted one wish each
You have completed your quest! As a reward, here is an old lamp. How...anticlimactic. What do you wish to do with it?

Magic Bow and Arrow - always finds its target (?) to open a PM between people for 24 hours
You have received a heavy package today. You open it up and reveal a bow with one arrow. What will happen if you use it? Please submit a name.

Flying carpet - whoever has it can fly to evade night actions or fly to another land.
You have received an oddly shaped package today. You open it up and reveal a magical flying carpet. You may choose to evade night or explore another land.

Magic Sword - whoever has it can protect or kill that night
You have completed your quest! As a reward, here is a magical sword! You may use it to defend yourselves from an attack or kill someone. You must decide together.

Wizard Hat - when you put it on, you can know what someone is doing(?)
You have received a package today. You open it up and reveal a wizard's magical hat! Do you want to put it on and see what it does?

Dward Items:
To the Dwarf: You worked tirelessly through the night, searching your precious mountains. Your hard work has paid off! You have found a _______! Do you wish to keep it and see what it does or send it to someone?
-Emerald: Can be used to entice the leprechaun to join the villager forces? OR Can be used to lead you to a protective garden for the night? what do you think kata?
Someone has sent you a small package. You untie the strings and find a sparkling emerald. What a gift! While looking at it, you feel a strange calling to visit a garden. What will you find there? Do you wish to use the emerald?
-Sapphire: Can be used to elicit the sea in your favor (cannot be drowned by mermaid when you have this → but we will not tell them what it does)
Someone has sent you a small package. You untie the strings and find a sparkling sapphire. What a gift! While looking at it, you feel a strange calling to the sea. You may now elicit the ocean to work in your favor. Do you wish to use the sapphire?
-Ruby: Can be used to inspire creativity in the heart of a player (allowing them to create a single use item)
Someone has sent you a small package. You untie the strings and find a sparkling ruby. What a gift! While looking at it, creative inspiration strikes your heart! You may now create a single use item. Do you wish to use the ruby?
-Ore (silver or gold): Can be used to buy an item of their choice that is already in creation from the mods - that’s really cool.
Someone has sent you a small package. You untie the strings and find some sparkling silver ore. What a gift! You know this has to be worth something. You may use this silver to buy an item of value from the mods. Do you wish to use it?

Someone has sent you a small package. You untie the strings and find some sparkling gold ore. What a gift! You know this has to be worth something. You may use this gold to buy an item of value from the mods. Do you wish to use it?

LANDS: 6 lands with 5 people per land. No PMing in lands
Magical Forest
Shimmering Lake
Top of the Beanstalk
Fairy -tail fields?
Mystical Mountains
Valley of Death

QUESTS: to be completed at night and unlock an item or land
Find Magical Sword
Find the Genie’s Lamp
Troll finds his bridge
Bigfoot/snowman

RIDDLES/PUZZLES: unlocks items

This was one of my favorite games! Thanks mods!

I just want to say that @Trilt outright mocked my reasons early game, like day 2, for lynching Genny. I was right!

There's such a thing as not relying on seers and info and going right off of how people post. Both Genny and promo (in last game) made very similar comments that made me suspicious. We've picked up on wolves in the past with these type of comments. The question is, do I explain it or use it to find wolves in the future?
You and I have very different definitions of "mocked." I actually said during that time that I didn't know if genny was a wolf or not, but some of her actions and chatter from behind the scenes made me think otherwise.

Plus it fit my dialogue to defend her at that point. I was still fairly convinced of her villager-ness when I died, but think being very suspicious of 3 out of 4 original wolves in what... 4 days? was pretty solid for this game. ;)

You and I have very different definitions of "mocked." I actually said during that time that I didn't know if genny was a wolf or not, but some of her actions and chatter from behind the scenes made me think otherwise.

Plus it fit my dialogue to defend her at that point. I was still fairly convinced of her villager-ness when I died, but think being very suspicious of 3 out of 4 original wolves in what... 4 days? was pretty solid for this game. ;)

You blatantly laughed at some of my posts, I consider that mocking.

I apologize for declining to join, but they were going to take my abilities away, and I was having too much fun with them
Gotta say this was bull**** for the wolves btw. Chaos was functionally a villager in this game, and being able to decline being converted AND them losing their conversion from it was not kind to them.

Gotta say this was bull**** for the wolves btw. Chaos was functionally a villager in this game, and being able to decline being converted AND them losing their conversion from it was not kind to them.

Chaos is effing chaos, they CAN'T be converted, shouldn't even be an option. The whole point of a chaos player is that they eff with the game for both villagers and wolves and have their own win condition. None of this fluffy bs of "can win with villagers" that isn't how chaos works.

Chaos wins should be very difficult. Wolf wins should be hard/challenging. With villager wins being most common. Village should probably win at minimum 60% of games. Instead we have wolves winning at like 80%.

I have a question, why wasn't I alerted to being protected by raf?

I think villagers should have won this game. Wolves played well and villagers didn't play as well as they could have IMO.

Chaos is effing chaos, they CAN'T be converted, shouldn't even be an option. The whole point of a chaos player is that they eff with the game for both villagers and wolves and have their own win condition. None of this fluffy bs of "can win with villagers" that isn't how chaos works.
This is mostly the reason why I just gave it to the wolves at the end

So Kam didn't kill me N2 because centaurs are animal-like?

MQ was glared at N3, but didn't die until N9. I'm assuming some item saved her?

Wow, really complicated - no wonder I was confused so much!

I think narrowly restricting chaos to your interpretation is kind of the opposite of the point of chaos. But my point in this particular game is that chaos was pretty much only a differently labeled villager, and to make them not unconvertable, but to give someone the option of converting or not, the info that powers were lost with conversion, and then for the wolves to not get that conversion at all when declined wasn't kind to them.

I mean, moot point, they won anyway. But that struck me as unfair.

Yup chaos should not be more aligned with one side over the other - messes with the point of chaos, which is partially to balance the two sides. Chaos often plays more on the village side anyway just to avoid being lynched.

1. Elf: item maker. Cannot make items that harm.

You are the villager Elf. Wise beyond your years, and crafty with your hands, you feel connected to nature and the feelings of others. You can create an item for use each night. You may not make the same item twice, and you must make your item with materials found in nature. Note: Your item disappears after one use. Please submit the name of the person you would like to send it to.
So this doesn't seem to me to be exactly how our role worked in the game, maybe some changes occurred before roles went out? As far as I can tell our items got multiple uses (or were at least around longer than I would have expected if they had been single use) and we didn't get to choose who to send it to.

Yup chaos should not be more aligned with one side over the other - messes with the point of chaos, which is partially to balance the two sides. Chaos often plays more on the village side anyway just to avoid being lynched.

So this doesn't seem to me to be exactly how our role worked in the game, maybe some changes occurred before roles went out? As far as I can tell our items got multiple uses (or were at least around longer than I would have expected if they had been single use) and we didn't get to choose who to send it to.

Yes, this wasn't the final draft. I can't figure out how to post spreadsheet from my phone lol

Oh and did AM seer genny before sharing all of her results with her? Don't remember if she posted a list.
My recollection is that she posted a list, and genny wasn't on it.

I think narrowly restricting chaos to your interpretation is kind of the opposite of the point of chaos. .

That IS the definition of chaos in these games. It has only changed recently when all the noobs started making games and effing with it. And clearly, it doesn't work. Games have 1 chaos, chaos, by definition, is their own faction with their own win condition. A good mod can restrict chaos abilities in such a way to affect villagers and wolves equally. The point is that it should be very very difficult for the chaos person to win.

Note for future games:

If I survive 3/4 of WW, I'm likely talking to and/or defending a wolf.

Reactions: 2 users
It also explains why chaos typically has so many abilities. It is to compensate for them being the one and only in their "faction".... it gives them a somewhat fighting chance to win the game. When all those abilities are then allowed to be used either as a chaos winning with villagers or a chaos converting to wolf, it severely messes up game balance.

this was so much fun! was a great first game

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I will say that I think 6 possible wolves and 2 of those being converts for a game this size is a little high, but I tend toward lower wolf numbers in general. 6 original wolves is perfect for a 25 player game, but converts are a bit of an extra boost so I would have dropped it to one (perhaps guaranteed) conversion. Doesn't matter since that's what they ended up with anyway. Balance does have to take into account the extra kill options too since there were multiple night with multiple kills and if I recall only two chances for rez? So that might have been a slight issue. 2 chaos and one neutral is fine, just bad luck for everyone that STL got one of those chaos roles ;) I do think mid-game changes to roles are...well I don't know what I would call them, but I wouldn't do it. If that change was planned that's fine...I would say I can't believe STL faked a posting restriction but that would be a lie. Thoroughly amused by his antics after I died :D

:lame:
Well I don't really think anything needs to be said there :p

I will say that I think 6 possible wolves and 2 of those being converts for a game this size is a little high, but I tend toward lower wolf numbers in general. 6 original wolves is perfect for a 25 player game, but converts are a bit of an extra boost so I would have dropped it to one (perhaps guaranteed) conversion. Doesn't matter since that's what they ended up with anyway. Balance does have to take into account the extra kill options too since there were multiple night with multiple kills and if I recall only two chances for rez? So that might have been a slight issue. 2 chaos and one neutral is fine, just bad luck for everyone that STL got one of those chaos roles ;) I do think mid-game changes to roles are...well I don't know what I would call them, but I wouldn't do it. If that change was planned that's fine...I would say I can't believe STL faked a posting restriction but that would be a lie. Thoroughly amused by his antics after I died :D

:lame:
Well I don't really think anything needs to be said there :p

Who had a mid game change to a role?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile