Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello,

I am trying to decide when to submit my application. I see the deadline for CCP supplemental is 4/1/13. I was thinking of submitting closer to 4/1 for logistical reasons for having to go to the interview. Will that hurt me?

Also, how soon after you submit a supplemental do they send out invite for interview, and then how far out are the interviews from then? Do they give you a date, several dates, or do you get to pick.

Thanks for your response.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's better to send it in sooner rather than later. In my experience, they gave me options for interview dates (or they might be rather limited now? But I guess since the deadline is now 4/1, they must have extended the deadlines, so I do not really know. They have probably added more interview dates). The sooner you send it in and get invited, the sooner that you will get to pick when you want to go in and interview. However, since it is rolling admission, you'd probably have better chances of getting in if you interview sooner~

But that's just my opinion, I may be wrong~

Also, I got my invitation to interview about 3-4 days after I sent in my application. c:
But I guess that varies with how much they like you, as well, so don't think too much about that?

Yes Midwestern totally accepts students with stats like yours :) If I were reviewing your application, I would just think that you made some mistakes when you were younger so your undergraduate GPA suffered (that, or your university was killer). Although your GPA may not reflect it, it still looks like you learned the material from undergrad with your 90 pcat composite. From your grad gpa, it also looks like you've revamped your study habits and are on an upward trend. Plus, with your pharmacy experience, you seem like a great candidate!

Don't be discouraged. You're just as qualified as any of the other applicants you'll be interviewing with. If it still bothers you, remember it's a closed file interview so the faculty that will be interviewing you know nothing about your stats anyway. Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot for the input! Can't wait to get this interview over with and hopefully, it will lead to an acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just curious about the diversity at midwestern cop? Also I was wanting to know if anyone is from Minnesota or Iowa? I'm asking because I grew up in Minnesota but I go to undergrad in Iowa and I haven't seen anyone else say they are from either of these states!

Hello,

I am trying to decide when to submit my application. I see the deadline for CCP supplemental is 4/1/13. I was thinking of submitting closer to 4/1 for logistical reasons for having to go to the interview. Will that hurt me?

Also, how soon after you submit a supplemental do they send out invite for interview, and then how far out are the interviews from then? Do they give you a date, several dates, or do you get to pick.

Thanks for your response.

I got an interview invitation two days after I submitted the supplemental application.
As the others said... I think you have better chances to get in if you submit your material earlier. So unless you have a really good stats, I would not wait.

Thanks everyone for the information. But once you were notified within 2 days of submitting your supplemental application, how long before you had your interview and did you get to pick from dates, or did they assign you a date? How far out was it?

Thanks.

I'm just curious about the diversity at midwestern cop? Also I was wanting to know if anyone is from Minnesota or Iowa? I'm asking because I grew up in Minnesota but I go to undergrad in Iowa and I haven't seen anyone else say they are from either of these states!

I'm from Iowa! I received my acceptance email from Midwestern last Thursday! I have yet to hear back from Iowa.

Congrats to everyone that got in! Would you mind posting your stats so i have a good idea of where i stand for next year? I know it wont be the same, but it will be similar ! Thanks!! and Congrats again! So happy for you all! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone for the information. But once you were notified within 2 days of submitting your supplemental application, how long before you had your interview and did you get to pick from dates, or did they assign you a date? How far out was it?

Thanks.

I had two dates to choose from. Less then two weeks after the invitation came in.

Thanks.

I just received an interview invite earlier today; it took about a week after I submitted my supplemental app to receive the invite. The dates I was offered were March 6, 13 and 15. You pick which day you would like to attend

Hi applying class,

I haven't seen anyone start a thread for Midwestern CCP Class of 2017 so here you go! If you have any questions, go ahead and ask!

I'll be going into my second year and I'm from California.

Best of luck! :luck:

p.s. some resource...
Last year's SDN thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=849602
Class of 2015 thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=763981
Hello, what kind of questions do they ask in the interview? I am trying to prepare myself before and Im not sure what to expect, thank you

Hello, what kind of questions do they ask in the interview? I am trying to prepare myself before and Im not sure what to expect, thank you

All questions that I had are here ---> http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/mwu-ccp/survey/26
I did not get anything that was not on this website. I really enjoyed the interview at Midwestern. Everybody was really nice, and they were well organized. It seemed like they cared about the applicants.

Has anybody successfully been able to get an extension for their deposit? If so, how did you do it?

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1362016702.733342.jpg

Pic I took maybe a month ago? I'm sure there's more snow now because of the crazy blizzard!

Has anybody successfully been able to get an extension for their deposit? If so, how did you do it?

I'm not sure they grant any extensions. I tried it last year, and I was told they don't do any extensions.

For those that are accepted, did you just send in a copy of your PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician license and State Board license (i.e. Texas) to Midwestern??? I'm just curious since that section on the Welcome letter is very vague. :uhno:

Thanks!!!

I am from minnesota too and go to the university of Iowa!

I interviewed on Jan 30th and was accepted via portal change on Feb 21st!!!!! I received my acceptance email the next morning. For those who have already submitted their deposit, did you guys have an option to select a laptop? I didn't see it anywhere.

I interviewed on Jan 30th and was accepted via portal change on Feb 21st!!!!! I received my acceptance email the next morning. For those who have already submitted their deposit, did you guys have an option to select a laptop? I didn't see it anywhere.

During the "mandatory campus visit" they told us that you choose a laptop (PC or Apple) on the day of the orientation; sometime at the end August...

I called the IT department and they said that there's not an option anymore because everyone will be receiving Macbooks. They said it will be distributed the first week of class. The only thing I did not ask was if we actually got to keep them after graduation?? I hope we're not just paying $1500 to lease the laptop.

I called the IT department and they said that there's not an option anymore because everyone will be receiving Macbooks. They said it will be distributed the first week of class. The only thing I did not ask was if we actually got to keep them after graduation?? I hope we're not just paying $1500 to lease the laptop.
Ok thanks!! Yeah hopefully we'll get to keep them. I mean it will already be included in our tuition so it would only make sense.

Last edited:

That is so weird! On Feb.13th they (admission director's assistance to be exact) said that you do have a choice. I would take Apple anyways, but... are they just not informed or is that a brand new decision?

the MacBook is yours.

Wow, I didn't realize they switched over to everyone getting MacBooks. When I submitted my $1,000 I got to pick and that was just in mid-January of this year.

That is so weird! On Feb.13th they (admission director's assistance to be exact) said that you do have a choice. I would take Apple anyways, but... are they just not informed or is that a brand new decision?

I interviewed on 2/13 as well and that was why I was confused. I was trying to find the option for the laptop but never found it. I called the IT department and they just said it was a recent decision. Maybe all the other laptops were chosen and MacBooks are the only one left. I'm not complaining because I like the versatility of Apple products anyways. Hopefully it has enough space on it to boot camp Windows.

Thanks for answering my question guys and gals. It would really had suck if we had to give back the laptop like most programs make you do.

what was the written portion about? Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated

Did either of you interview on November 28th? I'm only asking because I remember 2 students in my interview group who were from Wayne State

Sorry this is so late, but no I interviewed on February 1st and I went to Oakland University for my undergrad.

is anyone interviewing here tomorrow? i'm coming from California, and I am a little concerned about the weather conditions/alerts. They are expecting 5-8 inches of snow tomorrow (tuesday), so I think there's a really high chance of my flight being canceled.

Is anyone experiencing the same concerns? Is anyone rescheduling?
Thanks for ur input

is anyone interviewing here tomorrow? i'm coming from California, and I am a little concerned about the weather conditions/alerts. They are expecting 5-8 inches of snow tomorrow (tuesday), so I think there's a really high chance of my flight being canceled.

Is anyone experiencing the same concerns? Is anyone rescheduling?
Thanks for ur input

I had that same problem last week. Had to reschedule until next week due to my classes. :( Hope your flight won't get cancelled!

I had that same problem last week. Had to reschedule until next week due to my classes. :( Hope your flight won't get cancelled!

Fortunately my flight was not canceled or delayed :D even though the Chicago area received over 5 inches of snow :eek:. It was definitely beautiful out here!!!

My interview was earlier today and I think it went well. Personally, I think group interviews are SO MUCH better than one-on-one interviews. The tour was mediocre...the "tour guide" was a P3 student. She only took us to the library, one lecture hall and the cafeteria. I would have liked to see more of the campus, but oh well. Faculty and staff are EXTREMELY NICE people :thumbup:

For those who are curious, the essay is a situational prompt, so it doesn't require much outside knowledge.

Stats: the school received about 2000 applications and will extend about 600 interview invites. They are "a little more than half way through the application cycle" whatever that means. Since they extended the supplemental app deadline to April 1st, they expect to interview through the end of May.

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been checking studentdoctor lately but "imclarkent" is doing an excellent job responding to all your questions for the current MWU students :)

For those still waiting for an interview, don't despair... there may be a few more interview dates like...

Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Friday, March 15, 2013
Monday, March 18, 2013
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Friday, April 5, 2013
Wednesday, April 24, 2013

For those on the waitlist, keep holding on! I was interviewed in May 2011 and I was taken off the waitlist in July. There was an instance where a candidate was taken off the waitlist the night before orientation so you still have a chance! Have faith in yourself

If you've gotten accepted and you're planning to attend Midwestern University, CCP... please join your classmates on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/297967150321339/

It was great meeting some of you guys at today's interview vist. :)

Good luck on your future endeavors! :luck:

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been checking studentdoctor lately but "imclarkent" is doing an excellent job responding to all your questions for the current MWU students :)

For those still waiting for an interview, don't despair... there may be a few more interview dates like...

Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Friday, March 15, 2013
Monday, March 18, 2013
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Friday, April 5, 2013
Wednesday, April 24, 2013

For those on the waitlist, keep holding on! I was interviewed in May 2011 and I was taken off the waitlist in July. There was an instance where a candidate was taken off the waitlist the night before orientation so you still have a chance! Have faith in yourself

If you've gotten accepted and you're planning to attend Midwestern University, CCP... please join your classmates on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/297967150321339/

It was great meeting some of you guys at today's interview vist. :)

Good luck on your future endeavors! :luck:

Hey jkong. I tried messaging you but I think you disabled private messages. I have some questions for you since you are a second year. I would greatly appreciate it if you can pm me. Thank u!!

I have a question for you as well, and would also appreciate it if you could message me too. Thanks!

Hey jkong. I tried messaging you but I think you disabled private messages. I have some questions for you since you are a second year. I would greatly appreciate it if you can pm me. Thank u!!

I have a question for you as well, and would also appreciate it if you could message me too. Thanks!

First: do your questions REALLY need to be private?
Yea I disabled private messaging because I ended up getting a ton of messages asking for my stats and asking if ppl's stats were acceptable which I think is redundant and didn't really serve any real purpose to be private.

Second: if you private message me, can I summarize it and re-post it on the forum so other students can benefit? I can omit any personal information, of course.

Third: please give me a day or two, just remember that I am a student.

Private messaging is enabled.. for now.

My interview is tomorrow March 13th! Getting pretty nervous about the group interview!

My interview is tomorrow March 13th! Getting pretty nervous about the group interview!

Don't be! The interview was pretty relaxed, and group setting gives you more time to think about your answer. Besides... all of the questions asked are on this website!

Hey I have an interview April 3...im from Long Beach, CA...any pointers??

Hey I have an interview April 3...im from Long Beach, CA...any pointers??

Well just be yourself the interview is very relaxed and comfortable you will be in a group so just be aware of that and have thoughtful and insightful answers prepared which set you apart from the group. relax and ask lots of questions!

Well just be yourself the interview is very relaxed and comfortable you will be in a group so just be aware of that and have thoughtful and insightful answers prepared which set you apart from the group. relax and ask lots of questions!

plus, I think it is also very important to prepare specific examples for each question that they might ask. It would be even better if your example comes from your pharmacy experience.
Good luck!

Thank you...I appreciate it..Im wondering if seats are filled? I heard some schools will still conduct interviews just to have students on the waitlist

Even if seats are filled, there are people who haven't decide where to go yet and once they do, seats are opening up again until the end of summer I believe.

I gave up my spot... Good luck everybody!

Hi did anyone get an interview for April 3rd or 5th?
Maybe we can meet up and help each other out

Does anyone kn how many people are apart of the interview day? Are we broken into smaller groups to do the interview or just one larger group?