Midwestern Class of 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get a stethoscope!

Members don't see this ad.

I have already started dressing business casual to school everyday just so the transition isn't so rough o_O And we know the classes we will start in the fall but I believe they said we get the actual scheduled times during orientation. I could be totally wrong about that haha.

IM SO EXCITED to dress nice again! My college campus is like 5000 acres so theres literally no dressing nice because you're running/biking/walking swiftly to class. I cant wait to feel like a put together adult again! :clap:

IM SO EXCITED to dress nice again! My college campus is like 5000 acres so theres literally no dressing nice because you're running/biking/walking swiftly to class. I cant wait to feel like a put together adult again! :clap:

T-shirts and pajama pants are my life... It's going to be hard to learn how to dress like an adult! And do makeup! But I suppose it's about time. Lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

What's this obsession with being an "adult"???? o_O

Reactions: 2 users
T-shirts and pajama pants are my life... It's going to be hard to learn how to dress like an adult! And do makeup! But I suppose it's about time. Lol.
I liked that no one dressed up on that campus :). I'd much rather be in scrubs or pjs than skirts and pantyhose and omg...makeup :hungover:. Haha

I loooove the way I look when I dress nice and feel much more confident, but I'm lazy and often don't have time to get pretty so I typically live in yoga pants.

Reactions: 1 user
I liked that no one dressed up on that campus :). I'd much rather be in scrubs or pjs than skirts and pantyhose and omg...makeup :hungover:. Haha

Scrubs are hit or miss for me. Most of them I look so frumpy in but they're coming out with more and more that are cut differently and they look cuter while still being comfortable and useful.

Ok, I wouldn't be wearing pj's to class. Do get dressed in the morning. I'm just glad the schools I attended allowed jeans, t-shirts and hoodies.

I just can't wait to be around like minded people. I'm much older than the average undergraduate (2nd career) so while everyone is partying until 3 or 4 or even 7 am I'm like in bed by 8 studying, lol

I just can't wait to be around like minded people. I'm much older than the average undergraduate (2nd career) so while everyone is partying until 3 or 4 or even 7 am I'm like in bed by 8 studying, lol
Glad I'm not the only one. I've been sitting on the couch watching the Super Bowl and typing a paper this evening, all in an attempt to get to bed at a reasonable hour. lol

Glad I'm not the only one. I've been sitting on the couch watching the Super Bowl and typing a paper this evening, all in an attempt to get to bed at a reasonable hour. lol

I'm the same way! This is actually the first year I haven't been working full time while taking 15+ credits. I've been to a total of one "real college party" and I stayed for 20 minutes *maybe*. I would much rather be at home cuddling with my babies or hanging out with a small group of friends. I love getting my sleep :p although I'm usually up until 11-12 studying, or watching golden girls or forensic files. Lol

Last edited:
I'm the same way! This is actually the first year I haven't been working full time while taking 15+ credits. I've been to a total of one "real college party" and I stayed for 20 minutes *maybe*. I would much rather be at home cuddling with my babies or hanging out with a small group of friends. I love getting my sleep :p although I'm usually up until 11-12 studying, or watching golden girls or forensic files. Lol

Yay forensic files! I watch that while I'm at work a lot :) And yes, sleep is the best thing ever. TBH my friend and I tried to go to a frat party freshman year, but we went and they hadn't started and we had the laundry going already so we just went back to watch ninja warrior.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get the heck out of here. You're always the most put together person I ever saw on campus. Always dressed nicely and carrying a gallon of coffee :D

Just emailed MWU-CVM with an authorization to remove my name from the alternate list, since I have decided on another school.

Best of luck, everyone! :woot:

Reactions: 8 users
Just emailed MWU-CVM with an authorization to remove my name from the alternate list, since I have decided on another school.

Yay congrats so happy for you!!!!

Congrats!! I am so happy for you. :D

Oh hey, I interviewed on the 3rd and just logged into my portal to find the accepted student checklist. :D

Reactions: 8 users
I actually interview tomorrow morning :happy: any advice!?

Most of my questions were pretty open ended and there was really no wrong answer. Some were weird and random in my opinion. Make sure you know words that describe yourself, but mostly understand why you want to pursue vet med and let that show through in the interview.

Everyone is amazing and super nice there, from the student ambassadors to the interviewers and everyone in between. They make you feel so relaxed. The tour was fun and the hospital is beautiful! I can't wait to start!

Hi!!
I see my accepted student checklist!
Interviewed on the 11th
I'm so excited! Now I'm going to make a fb so I can join and meet some of my future classmates :D
Does someone now what page the link was posted on?

Congrats to the new acceptances! Are you guys decided on Midwestern or choosing between schools still?

Congrats to the new acceptances! Are you guys decided on Midwestern or choosing between schools still?
I'm waiting to hear back from one more school after interviewing, then I'll have to make a (very tough) decision.

Yes, BRING A CHANGE OF SHOES. I, stupidly, wore heels the whole time and my feet felt like they were going to fall off. Im partially convinced that's why I was accepted; out of sheer pity for me that day ;)

Yes, BRING A CHANGE OF SHOES. I, stupidly, wore heels the whole time and my feet felt like they were going to fall off. Im partially convinced that's why I was accepted; out of sheer pity for me that day ;)
Cheddar and I were elevator buddies. I second the other pair of shoes thing. I wore short heels but if you haven't broken them in super well it can still get painful.

This school was absolutely beautiful and everyone was ridiculously nice. I hope I get in!

I also wore really high heals and didn't bring a change of shoes. Had to ride the elevator lol. I'm definitely investing in more flats for our business casual dress.

So all the applicants that applied to A&M and got interviews got their acceptance letter today. A couple of my friends got in, I'm happy for them, but at the same time I'm sorta jealous. :/ Midwestern, you gotta let me know if you want me. -.-'
Has anyone called recently and ask when will they meet again and send out acceptance letter? (or how many alternates are there currently)?

Last edited:
Thank you! I am definitely attending Midwestern in the fall :) I fell in love with the campus and everyone there when I visited there. I am beyond excited!

So all the applicants that applied to A&M and got interviews got their acceptance letter today. A couple of my friends got in, I'm happy for them, but at the same time I'm sorta jealous. :/ Midwestern, you gotta let me know if you want me. -.-'
Has anyone called recently and ask when will they meet again and send out acceptance letter? (or how many alternates are there currently)?

Last I heard there is about 47-50 alternates...

I called two days ago and she said there were 50!

Thank you! I am definitely attending Midwestern in the fall :) I fell in love with the campus and everyone there when I visited there. I am beyond excited!

Yay! Make sure you join the Facebook group and introduce yourself if you haven't already. I love getting to know my new classmates!

Yay! Make sure you join the Facebook group and introduce yourself if you haven't already. I love getting to know my new classmates!
I joined a couple days ago! I just did not introduce myself yet haha I will later tonight!

Current MWU students,
What will orientation be like?
It sounds like we won't know the schedule until the day it starts.

Will there be another tour/lots of walking?
Do families come with us or is it more of a student only thing?
What else?

Hey I just got on this thread. My interview is march 9. It sounds like they don't have many seats left any thoughts about my chances.

Also I would love any advice to prepare for my interview. Do they ask technical questions at all or is it more like tell me about yourself?

Also I would love any advice to prepare for my interview. Do they ask technical questions at all or is it more like tell me about yourself?
I know it's a lot to read through, but if you comb through this thread there are tons of tips for interviews. Look at the class of 2019 thread too, it had a really in depth description of the interview day. No technical questions, you'll be just fine.

How long did they give everyone to consider their offer ? My interview is so late I'm not sure about the April 15th deadline. Congrats to all of you that got accepted and thanks for any feed back.

Hey I just got on this thread. My interview is march 9. It sounds like they don't have many seats left any thoughts about my chances.
I wouldn't worry about how many of us already have offers or are wait listed. They made a point of saying that each interview group has the same chance as those before and after. I'm not sure how it all works, but hope that takes some of the stress away.

Also, bear in mind that some who have offers from MWU will choose their IS or a different OOS for lower tuition. So, that will reopen seats.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Current MWU students,

What else?

Curious about this too. Any current MWU students on here?

Good luck! My interview was only a month ago. I have pretty average stats and suck at interviews but I got in even though there were already many accepted before me. They accept like 150 because they know many will decline for another school. I've also been told they get through a lot of the wait list so don't worry just yet if you are wait listed.

The questions are pretty broad. I think I only got asked one ethics question and it was just a follow up to how I answered a previous question. I'm actually better at answering the tough technical questions than the "describe yourself" questions so I wish there had been more, but it's all over and done now.

Hi, new to SDN and just started reading the forums.

Is anyone else still on the waitlist to interview? If so, do you know when they stop sending out interview invites?

Current MWU students,

What else?
Curious about this too. Any current MWU students on here?

Hey guys I am a current second year student and I think I can give you a nice glimpse of orientation! First off it’s three days long. There was not a tour when we had orientation but I guess that could change, especially since the pathology building should be open by then! It is definitely a student only thing, in fact they will send you information ahead of time, but for us we dressed in our business casual and there was one day where we could wear jeans and a t-shirt.

The first day starts off with taking your student ID photo, and then the rest of the day is a bunch of boring technical stuff. You’re in a giant lecture hall all day with the incoming students from all of the other programs. They will go over everything you need to know like what student services offers, health care plans, immunization info, counseling, financial services and so much more. Day 2 is much better! You will be introduced to the entire veterinary faculty, Dr. Gartrell and Dr. Sidaway will give you an awesome welcome and you’ll probably be super pumped and excited. The day will be filled with a bunch of team building activities- I was an orientation group leader for the class of 2019 and we all had so much fun. The last day is a nice mixture of activities and information. You’ll learn about research opportunities, the Arizona veterinary medical association, a preview of your upcoming courses, our student government and you will get to me your mentor groups. Orientation is three days, but there is a research expo that everyone is invited to the day after orientation. I hope that gave you a good idea of what to expect. Over the summer you will get much more information!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys I am a current second year student and I think I can give you a nice glimpse of orientation! First off it’s three days long. There was not a tour when we had orientation but I guess that could change, especially since the pathology building should be open by then! It is definitely a student only thing, in fact they will send you information ahead of time, but for us we dressed in our business casual and there was one day where we could wear jeans and a t-shirt.

The first day starts off with taking your student ID photo, and then the rest of the day is a bunch of boring technical stuff. You’re in a giant lecture hall all day with the incoming students from all of the other programs. They will go over everything you need to know like what student services offers, health care plans, immunization info, counseling, financial services and so much more. Day 2 is much better! You will be introduced to the entire veterinary faculty, Dr. Gartrell and Dr. Sidaway will give you an awesome welcome and you’ll probably be super pumped and excited. The day will be filled with a bunch of team building activities- I was an orientation group leader for the class of 2019 and we all had so much fun. The last day is a nice mixture of activities and information. You’ll learn about research opportunities, the Arizona veterinary medical association, a preview of your upcoming courses, our student government and you will get to me your mentor groups. Orientation is three days, but there is a research expo that everyone is invited to the day after orientation. I hope that gave you a good idea of what to expect. Over the summer you will get much more information!
Thanks! Woo so excited!

What days are orientation?