Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think most people hear back within two weeks of interviewing. You shouldn't have to wait too long. :)

Awesome. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I just found out that AACOMAS messed up my credit hours for pre-requisite classes on my application. Basically they calculated either quarter as .7 semester hours instead of being worth 2.33 semester hours.

Ughhh so frustrating! have to start calling up the DO schools I applied to...

I just found out that AACOMAS messed up my credit hours for pre-requisite classes on my application. Basically they calculated either quarter as .7 semester hours instead of being worth 2.33 semester hours.

Ughhh so frustrating! have to start calling up the DO schools I applied to...

That's terrible. What a stupid mistake. They should refund your application fee. What'd you even pay them for then?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! The audio flashcards sound like a really good idea.

they have various board prep companies come on campus and give presentations and some will often give away a free board prep class. we had to take ours by 6/18 and we finished with our last final on 5/18, so we had a month.
now in reality you start studying about ajnuary your second year and study along with classes.

i had an hour commute each way and i would make myself audio flashcards using my digital voice recorder then play them when i was driving through the audio jack in my car.
i also listened to golgan second year or i would listen to audio files of falcon reviews sessions on the way.

if you have a commute the key is to make use of that time you have in the car - use it to study or chill or whatever and not let it go to waste.

Thanks! The audio flashcards sound like a really good idea.

Yeah. I'll definitely be doing that on my commute. Do you know when the committee is meeting, spleen? Feels like it's taking forever haha

Yeah. I'll definitely be doing that on my commute. Do you know when the committee is meeting, spleen? Feels like it's taking forever haha

Is that when they give interviews or just make post interview decisions?

Is that when they give interviews or just make post interview decisions?

I'm looking for the post-interview decision part. I think the two may be done simultaneously though. I heard that they only meet once a month, but everyone I talked to heard back within two weeks. It's been a week and a half for me and I couldn't be more impatient lol

I'm looking for the post-interview decision part. I think the two may be done simultaneously though. I heard that they only meet once a month, but everyone I talked to heard back within two weeks. It's been a week and a half for me and I couldn't be more impatient lol

The last time people heard was Friday Feb 1st which mean they met the day or days before (2 weeks from today). The SB at Midwestern is the week of the 25th so my GUESS is that they will meet next week before everyone leaves for break. #speculation

The last time people heard was Friday Feb 1st which mean they met the day or days before (2 weeks from today). The SB at Midwestern is the week of the 25th so my GUESS is that they will meet next week before everyone leaves for break. #speculation

I like the way you think! Fingers crossed...

Hopefully they'll be meeting next week! It already feels like forever haha :laugh: I thought I heard during the interview day that they met on the last Thursday of the month, but I'm more willing to go with what everyone else is saying since I'm not entirely certain I even heard that correctly. :)

Does anyone know about how much of the class is full till now? Im still waiting for an ii
.. I submitted late :(
The FB page of class of 2017 seems to only have about 68 ppl .. (Way less full that AZCOM or NSU it seems...)

Hopefully they'll be meeting next week! It already feels like forever haha :laugh: I thought I heard during the interview day that they met on the last Thursday of the month, but I'm more willing to go with what everyone else is saying since I'm not entirely certain I even heard that correctly. :)

I thought I heard the last week of the month too while the admissions guy was talking, but I asked him afterwards and he said that he isn't sure when.

Does anyone know about how much of the class is full till now? Im still waiting for an ii
The FB page of class of 2017 seems to only have about 68 ppl .. (Way less full that AZCOM or NSU it seems...)

It's tough to estimate because many people may not be in the Facebook group or haven't decided if they are going to matriculate or not. Someone estimated that the seats were about half filled several weeks ago, but I'm not sure what that was based on

Members don't see this ad :)
Most people have said that they got their decision in 2 weeks. I interviewed the first wk of Feb and they said we would definitely know by the last week of Feb.

I don't know about NSU, but AZCOM has a larger class size (~250) compared to CCOM's (~200). So that could, in part, explain the larger FB group.

Last edited:
i know in years past that they are typically interviewing for wait list spots in early to mid march, but i do not know how this year is going

I'm hoping for some birthday luck :xf:
(Even though I don't think the committee met yet haha)

I'm hoping for some birthday luck :xf:
(Even though I don't think the committee met yet haha)

Call them and tell them it's your birthday! It just might work! ;)

Ugh, I look at my calendar like every 10 minutes at work...can't believe it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet. It's like watching a clock tick, except with a lot more waiting :diebanana:

Uh oh! I called admissions today to check and see if they could tell me when the committee meets. She said that they met today (!), but may not have gotten through all the recent interviewees. Results are coming soon guys!! :xf: :xf:

Uh oh! I called admissions today to check and see if they could tell me when the committee meets. She said that they met today (!), but may not have gotten through all the recent interviewees. Results are coming soon guys!! :xf: :xf:

Told you it would happen this week ;) try not to stress yourself to death during the next 24 hours! lol

Told you it would happen this week ;) try not to stress yourself to death during the next 24 hours! lol

I hope I can haha. You didn't mention anything about constantly refreshing the the Matriculation Agreement/Accepted Student Checklist on the website, though ;)

I hope I can haha. You didn't mention anything about constantly refreshing the the Matriculation Agreement/Accepted Student Checklist on the website, though ;)

Hahahaha there's no stopping that :p I still do that and I know they don't start pulling from the waitlist until the spring :thumbdown:

does anyone know if another agreement pops up if you've already been accepted at azcom?

does anyone know if another agreement pops up if you've already been accepted at azcom?

I think someone discussed this earlier in the cycle on the AZCOM thread. Another agreement should pop up I believe with the CCOM heading on it. That'd be quite the successful portal! :) lol

amgamgamgamg =O F5 all day!

Conversely, is there any portal change if you get rejected, or is it silence until the letter? :scared:

Conversely, is there any portal change if you get rejected, or is it silence until the letter? :scared:

Silence if you're rejected or waitlisted :thumbdown: I just emailed when everyone on here started posting portal changes and I saw nothing because I couldn't wait for a stupid letter to tell me the truth!

So much refreshing of the portal and this forum to see if others got the matriculation agreement yet haha. She said it may take a week to inform all of the accepted of their acceptances

I'm sorry :( trust me i understand the heartache. This is my second year being on the CCOM waitlist. Try not to lose hope!!

Damn. Staying positive though! Are you sending update letters?

Last year they interviewed into the first week of April, and I know a couple of people from those groups that were accepted and came here.

On a side note-anatomy for the MS1's has finally finished...and it is the best feeling in the world :) Only funness for you guys to look forward to next year. Let me know if you have any questions, I only have 3 exams left of the 12 we have had in the past 2 weeks.

Damn. Staying positive though! Are you sending update letters?

Definitely. Updated grades, a letter of intent and one update since waitlisted. A new update soon and 3 new LORs. Not sure what else I can do at this point... :(

Definitely. Updated grades, a letter of intent and one update since waitlisted. A new update soon and 3 new LORs. Not sure what else I can do at this point... :(

Nice. Do you think that a letter of intent is a good idea? And sending more LORs?

Nice. Do you think that a letter of intent is a good idea? And sending more LORs?

I spoke to the director of admissions multiple times and that's pretty much the only advice I was given so I don't see how it could hurt. However I was almost equally as aggressive last year and nothing happened. Soooo who knows lol. Crapshoot. TRYING to stay positive though :D

I spoke to the director of admissions multiple times and that's pretty much the only advice I was given so I don't see how it could hurt. However I was almost equally as aggressive last year and nothing happened. Soooo who knows lol. Crapshoot. TRYING to stay positive though :D

Thanks for the tips! I wasn't sure about the letter of intent, but I don't think it could hurt. How did you contact the director?

:(:(:( Sorry to hear that! Did you end up calling them to find out? Hopefully sending updates/LOIs will work. I'm rooting for you! :luck:

Yeah. Someone else in our interview group got in, so I called to find out (too impatient to wait). The woman said that if you didn't get an email this morning, you were not accepted. Thanks!!

Did you get in?! Tell me you did

Yeah. Someone else in our interview group got in, so I called to find out (too impatient to wait). The woman said that if you didn't get an email this morning, you were not accepted. Thanks!!

Did you get in?! Tell me you did

Ooo, congrats to whoever that was ;D
Waitlisted boooooooo :cry: :( Time to start that LOI!
/depressed lol

My portal hasn't changed at all and I didn't get an email. Does that mean I am waitlisted? Do they send an email for rejections and waitlists?

My portal hasn't changed at all and I didn't get an email. Does that mean I am waitlisted? Do they send an email for rejections and waitlists?

No, they only email for acceptances. So you are either wait listed or rejected. They only send those two through snail mail. I called them to find out earlier today when my portal didn't change

No, they only email for acceptances. So you are either wait listed or rejected. They only send those two through snail mail. I called them to find out earlier today when my portal didn't change

Ughhhh, I really hope I'm not rejected :(

You are probably wait listed. They don't reject many of the people they interview! I'd call them tomorrow morning. Waiting for the snail mail would be painful

Thanks, i'll call tomorrow.

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist after interviewing? And if yes, did you send rec letters or a letter of interest or anything of the sort?

Thanks, i'll call tomorrow.

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist after interviewing? And if yes, did you send rec letters or a letter of interest or anything of the sort?

Yeah, most of my friends that go there were wait listed first. It means that they want you, but don't have a spot for you yet. They accept about 400-450 of the 600 people they interview. They wouldn't have more than 200 acceptances (their class size) out at a time, so those people come from the wait list. They have a pretty fast moving list, I've heard. Definitely send update letters tho

Is there a way to tell if your app has been reviewed yet? This is my top choice school, and I've been complete since 1/17 and no word. I'm working on an LOI, but I know it might be premature. Any insights?