Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I was just curious about something. I turned in my secondary application at the beginning of November and have still not heard back about an interview or not. I have contacted somebody at the admissions office twice and they assure me all is well. I get the feeling something went wrong as a 4 month lag time is BY FAR the most I've ever seen. Any info or insight on what I should do would be great. Thanks!

Yeah. Definitely try the letter of interest if you haven't. I think that helped me get my interview in January. I had been complete since October - got the interview a week and a half after I emailed the letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Question:
My application portal now has a post-accepted tab with headings matriculation/payment and accepted student checklist. But when I click those nothing really comes up yet. I interviewed friday 3/22. Does everyone's portal have this change or does this mean acceptance?

Question:
My application portal now has a post-accepted tab with headings matriculation/payment and accepted student checklist. But when I click those nothing really comes up yet. I interviewed friday 3/22. Does everyone's portal have this change or does this mean acceptance?

No, it's been there. Unfortunately, you probably just didn't notice it was there before

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone has been getting emails about applying for their MA/MS program?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard when the committee is meeting for the march applicants?

Can anyone tell me what my chances are at CCOM?

Illinois resident

3.7 cGPA, 3.5-3.6 sGPA
25 MCAT (9PS 7VR 9BS)

Lots of volunteering, EMT, shadowing, tennis coach, some clubs, research, DO letter

applying early this coming cycle

I think they are very good! Good luck!

You think so? I thought I was an underdog at this school

Yea your mcat is definitely on the low side for this school, but those ECs are pretty stellar and your GPA is on the high end. If you get the app in day 1, you'll definitely have a good shot I'd think.

Acceptance email today. Interviewed 3/12

Congrats! I think I saw that you were accepted elsewhere. Do you think you'll go with CCOM or no? (nosey waitlisted person here lol)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I think I saw that you were accepted elsewhere. Do you think you'll go with CCOM or no? (nosey waitlisted person here lol)

Honestly, my number one choice is CMS right now, but a scholarship (fat chance, I know) could change that.

Yeah, that's a question I have. Do they have any merit- based scholarships for incoming MS1s? I looked at the scholarship page, and it looked like most were need -based.

Yeah, that's a question I have. Do they have any merit- based scholarships for incoming MS1s? I looked at the scholarship page, and it looked like most were need -based.

I don't think they have any (I could be wrong though). I'd contact admissions and ask (this response is for you and ahutni3 but the SDN phone app doesn't let me multi quote lol)

They have loans for MS2 and up. I think all the scholarships are just third party that you have to apply separately for.

Hey, just a heads up... I also interviewed in March and called today asking if any acceptances went out for the march applicants yet and admissions told me no they have not, the admissions committee isn't done meeting this week yet for March applicants and admissions was told to tell applicants to expect to hear via email next week. Maybe they accept some people earlier and are reviewing others later in the month? I'm not calling anyone a liar but after talking to admissions I do believe not everyone has heard yet, apparently.

Last edited:
Hey, just a heads up... I also interviewed in March and called today asking if any acceptances went out for the march applicants yet and admissions told me no they have not, the admissions committee isn't done meeting this week yet for March applicants and admissions was told to tell applicants to expect to hear via email next week. Maybe they accept some people earlier and are reviewing others later in the month? I'm not calling anyone a liar but after talking to admissions I do believe not everyone has heard yet, apparently.

You're right that is weird. I know this happens for AZCOM (acceptances go out over a few days) because they slowly put in information, But I've never heard of this happening for CCOM because they usually send out everything all at once.

Haha you scared me that it was a fake email! I got the email last night some time and just checked the website and I have the accepted student checklist up there for me to complete, so I know it's not a mistake. And I interviewed 2 weeks ago. They have a pretty steep deposit though, I don't think I'll be paying that since I'm not sure. Hopefully my spot will go to one of you waitlisters! I know all too well how that goes...

Haha you scared me that it was a fake email! I got the email last night some time and just checked the website and I have the accepted student checklist up there for me to complete, so I know it's not a mistake. And I interviewed 2 weeks ago. They have a pretty steep deposit though, I don't think I'll be paying that since I'm not sure. Hopefully my spot will go to one of you waitlisters! I know all too well how that goes...

Feel free to hand it over here ;)

I'm still calling BS on this whole accepted before everyone thing...but good luck to all of you! Hope we all end up here in the fall, or somewhere equally as great!!

I'm still calling BS on this whole accepted before everyone thing...but good luck to all of you! Hope we all end up here in the fall, or somewhere equally as great!!

I'm not sure if that's directed at me, or it's a more broad statement (saying it's BS that they sent out some and not all), but I can assure you I was accepted as of yesterday. The only thing I would stand to gain from lying is possibly slightly impressing some people I've never met on a forum..? But meows and Brett you gotta come up with 500 each if you want to do that! Haha I wish I could give it to you guys. I see you on so many other pages I feel like we're real life friends!

Is anyone still waiting to hear back for an interview invite? I've called admissions a couple of times but the most they tell me is that my file is still under review and I can expect to hear back at any point. Does anyone know when the interviews for CCOM are done? It's almost April so I'm getting really anxious. At this point, I just wish they would make a decisions so I could end this waiting game. I sent in a letter of interest last week. Did anyone have any luck with that at CCOM? Thanks in advance guys.

Does anyone know when the interviews for CCOM are done?

I'm pretty positive interviews go through the first 2 weeks of April. That's the only question of yours I can answer though :oops: Good luck!

I sent in a letter of interest last week. Did anyone have any luck with that at CCOM? Thanks in advance guys.

The letter of interest worked for me, and I believe for Brett too. I think it helps greatly, so long as your stats are competitive

Does anyone know if the portals get changed and acceptance emails get sent the same day that the letters are mailed? Someone in admissions said as of today the committee is done meeting and letters are being sent next week, but she wouldn't say which day or if the portals are updated before the letters are sent.

Does anyone know if the portals get changed and acceptance emails get sent the same day that the letters are mailed? Someone in admissions said as of today the committee is done meeting and letters are being sent next week, but she wouldn't say which day or if the portals are updated before the letters are sent.

The portals would be updated today. That seems to be their first priority. Emails are usually the same day too.
I'd say if your portal isn't updated today you aren't accepted.

If the committee is done meeting, I find it weird no one has posted about an acceptance though. What gives?

Also, if I were you I would just call admissions and ask about my status. I couldn't stand to sit and potentially wait for a letter so they told me via email.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that's directed at me, or it's a more broad statement (saying it's BS that they sent out some and not all), but I can assure you I was accepted as of yesterday. The only thing I would stand to gain from lying is possibly slightly impressing some people I've never met on a forum..? But meows and Brett you gotta come up with 500 each if you want to do that! Haha I wish I could give it to you guys. I see you on so many other pages I feel like we're real life friends!

I agree! I'll do $500 for sure. Just email me the spot :thumbup: haha

The portals would be updated today. That seems to be their first priority. Emails are usually the same day too.
I'd say if your portal isn't updated today you aren't accepted.

If the committee is done meeting, I find it weird no one has posted about an acceptance though. What gives?

Also, if I were you I would just call admissions and ask about my status. I couldn't stand to sit and potentially wait for a letter so they told me via email.

I asked about my status and she said she couldn't tell me, that information was being released next week. Also I noticed the portal is down for the day for maintenance. I really have a feeling nothing was updated today.

I asked about my status and she said she couldn't tell me, that information was being released next week. Also I noticed the portal is down for the day for maintenance. I really have a feeling nothing was updated today.

OHHHH ok. I forgot about the portal maintenance. You're right then lol. Longest weekend ever for you I'm sure! Good luck! :thumbup:

The letter of interest worked for me, and I believe for Brett too. I think it helps greatly, so long as your stats are competitive

I'll also chime in on the LOI, I sent one and received an interview invite a couple weeks later for an April interview date.

Thanks for the input everyone. Still waiting to hear back and got my fingers crossed.

I just wanted to let people know that the last I heard, there are still acceptances to be had (a bit more of a rumor than anything because this is second-hand info) and that people interviewing still are not for the waitlist necessarily. I interviewed last April and all but a couple people in my group are enrolled here now.

Best of luck!

Anyone hear anything yet? I think ahunti3 might be the only SDN march interviewee to get an acceptance then :(

I called admissions again and they told me letters still haven't been sent out and they might not be until next week.

Last edited:
I called admissions again and they told me letters still haven't been sent out and they might not be until next week.

Did you ask why it'll take that long? Especially if the committee "finished meeting" last week. It doesn't make sense...

Edit: I have a friend that interviewed last week who found out she was waitlisted when contacting admissions today. So I'm not sure why they aren't telling you your status.

Last edited:
Waitlisted today, interviewied March 12th. Welp, time to look forward to WL movement in late May.

Edit: Found out through snail mail.

So I took the liberty of looking through last year's thread to see the dates and how often (approximately) people were pulled off the waitlist at CCOM and this is what I found:

April 18th
May 8th
May 16th
May 24th
June 20th

Those were the dates posted, however, I know multiple people accepted early June and mid July also. Just thought I'd share for the fellow neurotic waitlister :) looks like there's frequent pulling through May in particular :xf: :xf: Can't wait for this thing to start moving!!!

So I took the liberty of looking through last year's thread to see the dates and how often (approximately) people were pulled off the waitlist at CCOM and this is what I found:

April 18th
May 8th
May 16th
May 24th
June 20th

Those were the dates posted, however, I know multiple people accepted early June and mid July also. Just thought I'd share for the fellow neurotic waitlister :) looks like there's frequent pulling through May in particular :xf: :xf: Can't wait for this thing to start moving!!!

Good find! Thanks for sharing meows

April 18th
May 8th
May 16th
May 24th
June 20th

Well there might be a little movement soon because I will not be putting in the deposit and its due tomorrow. Good luck to those waiting!

April 18th
May 8th
May 16th
May 24th
June 20th

You are freaking awesome. That makes me feel A LOT better....for a second. and then the nerves come back again

Ok, so at the MWU, where does your status update when accepted or rejected? I am looking at the screen that has home, pre-accepted, post-accepted, and other. Will there be visible changes there? Or where do i look.

Your home screen will update if accepted. For WL and rejections I believe you are notified by mail.

Ok, so at the MWU, where does your status update when accepted or rejected? I am looking at the screen that has home, pre-accepted, post-accepted, and other. Will there be visible changes there? Or where do i look.