Mississippi State c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does everyone go alone on interview day or do parents/significant others attend as well?
I was told that parents/significant others can be with you on interview day, but cannot go to the actual interview with you.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going alone, so don't worry about feeling like you're the only one :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know where Mississippi stands on terminal surgeries or if they are practiced at the college?

Anyone know where Mississippi stands on terminal surgeries or if they are practiced at the college?

Yes they do but only with the approval of the professor. So it is not something they do all the time; only under certain circumstances. Btw this is what my mentor told me

Yes they do but only with the approval of the professor. So it is not something they do all the time; only under certain circumstances. Btw this is what my mentor told me

Thanks for the fast answer!

Good luck to everyone interviewing in the next several days!!! :D It won't be long until all interviews are over and decisions are made!

Good luck to everyone interviewing in the next several days!!! :D It won't be long until all interviews are over and decisions are made!

Do we know within a week? Is that what someone said? And is that within a week of our interview or of the completion of all interviews?

Do we know within a week? Is that what someone said? And is that within a week of our interview or of the completion of all interviews?
I was told that we would know by the end of February. According to SDN, people have found out within a week after the last interview for the past two years. Either way, it's approaching soon!!!

We will know approximately around the last week of February. I've heard that they have already chosen instate n contract applicants. So once oos interviews are done, i am expecting us to hear something the following week. :xf:

I still havent heard from my mentor yet...I emailed Missy on thursday and she said I should hear by this weekend but still nothing :confused: Should I email Missy again?

Members don't see this ad :)
I still havent heard from my mentor yet...I emailed Missy on thursday and she said I should hear by this weekend but still nothing :confused: Should I email Missy again?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. When u arrive to the pizza party, they will direct you to your mentor. So don't worry if he or she doesn't contact you unless you have some major questions.. but if that's the case Missy can help. :)

How do you guys know your interview times? Are these the times your mentors told you? My mentor said mine was at 12 but said that it may still change so just wondering..

Also, I know this is WAY to early to think about this, but I'm curious if anyone knows: I know classes start June 28, but does anyone know how early we need to be in Mississippi before classes start for orientations and other logistics and such..?

I'm going to Europe for a few months and want to see if I can stay there through the beginning of June (only applies if I'm accepted obviously :confused:)

My SO and I are flying out in the morning so we can go to the pizza party tomorrow night. I'm so excited! And my interview is at 1:20 on Tuesday (at least according to my mentor).

I hope to meet some of you there! :)

Is anyone staying at the Hampton Inn close to campus this Monday night for their interview on Tuesday? I was looking to share a taxi with someone!

Is anyone staying at the Hampton Inn close to campus this Monday night for their interview on Tuesday? I was looking to share a taxi with someone!

I just met a girl who is! Just dropped her off there actually :)

My SO and I are flying out in the morning so we can go to the pizza party tomorrow night. I'm so excited! And my interview is at 1:20 on Tuesday (at least according to my mentor).

I hope to meet some of you there! :)

My interview time is 1:20 too!

Also, I know this is WAY to early to think about this, but I'm curious if anyone knows: I know classes start June 28, but does anyone know how early we need to be in Mississippi before classes start for orientations and other logistics and such..?

I'm going to Europe for a few months and want to see if I can stay there through the beginning of June (only applies if I'm accepted obviously :confused:)

The starting date they gave us last year (June 30th - so it was also a Thursday) was actually the first day of orientation. We didn't start classes until the following Wednesday, I think. So Thurs, Fri, Mon and Tues we did orientation stuff/bonding stuff. It was fun! I came to Mississippi the beginning of the week that we starting orientation to move in. Most of my classmates came around that time too.

I'll be at the pizza party tonight and Tuesday! Hope you guys enjoy it here :) I love it!

Ooo, we'll see each other! :D

And I'm staying at the Hampton Inn on Monday night....I opted for a rental car. I like freedom. :cool:

Do you guys want to get together Monday night and explore a bit?!

Ooo, we'll see each other! :D

And I'm staying at the Hampton Inn on Monday night....I opted for a rental car. I like freedom. :cool:

Woo! :D

I just got into Starkville (well I flew into Jackson then drove up here)... I'm staying at the Hilton Garden Inn and I rented a car too.

Lovely day in Starkville, eh? Booo.

Guess I'll see some of you in an hour or so!

Haha, the weather's not the best, but the town certainly is a lot better than I thought it would be!

So I can see by the thread that not everyone has been given an interview time. I have neither heard from my mentor or Missy Hadaway since she confirmed my RSVP to the interview. Can anyone tell me what to do? Missy hasn't been returning my e-mails. I don't even know where to go.

So I can see by the thread that not everyone has been given an interview time. I have neither heard from my mentor or Missy Hadaway since she confirmed my RSVP to the interview. Can anyone tell me what to do? Missy hasn't been returning my e-mails. I don't even know where to go.
If you are attending the pizza party the night before your mentor will be there to meet you and the interview times will be posted, if not you have to be at the vet school at 9:00am on the day of your interview. There you will receive a folder with your interview time on it. I believe interviews start around 12 and end around 5. Hope this helps!

I just got done at MSU.You might not get your email until the day before. the pizza party is from 530 to 730. you go to the veterinary school. it's one building, called the wise center, and taxi drivers know where it is. 9 am for the orientation. it ends around 11. the first interviews start at 12 with the last starting at 2. that's at least how it went on monday. good luck!

It was nice meeting you =) It's nice putting a face to an SDN name lol.. Good luck!! I hope you hear really great news from Mississippi and Western. :luck:

It was nice meeting you =) It's nice putting a face to an SDN name lol.. Good luck!! I hope you hear really great news from Mississippi and Western. :luck:

Aw, it was nice to meet you too finally! Good luck to you as well.....keeping my fingers crossed for you for TAMU! :xf: Have a safe trip back home!

And....now we wait. Lol. Good luck everyone!

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone who interviewed!!! I am instate and have already been accepted!! Can't wait you meet everyone!!:soexcited::clap:

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone who interviewed!!! I am instate and have already been accepted!! Can't wait you meet everyone!!:soexcited::clap:
Congrats on the acceptance! :) I've got my fingers crossed in hopes that I will get in! :xf: Good luck everyone!!!

anyone else just get that thank you email from missy? my heart sank when i saw it...totally thought it was gonna be a rejection letter! my poor nerves :(:(:(

anyone else just get that thank you email from missy? my heart sank when i saw it...totally thought it was gonna be a rejection letter! my poor nerves :(:(:(

Haha. I got mine the day after my interview.

When I got mine back, I knew it wasn't going to be anything related to decisions. :p It was very nice of her to send thank-you e-mails, though.

Am I the only one who's been jumping out of their skin every time their phone rings...even though Missy told us it would be Monday/Tuesday before calls/emails went out? Lol.

Am I the only one who's been jumping out of their skin every time their phone rings...even though Missy told us it would be Monday/Tuesday before calls/emails went out? Lol.
same here. my dad called me today and i had a minor heart attack at the sound of the ringing. these next few days can't go by fast enough.

When I got mine back, I knew it wasn't going to be anything related to decisions. :p It was very nice of her to send thank-you e-mails, though.
agreed. so far, everyone i've met from MSU-CVM has been nothing but incredibly kind and helpful. makes me want to go there even more!

same here. my dad called me today and i had a minor heart attack at the sound of the ringing. these next few days can't go by fast enough.

I've done the same thing! My phone is usually silent most of the time, but it's been on vibrate or loud most of the time. Sometimes, I have it sitting on my desk in lecture so I can quickly look down at it rather than getting it out of my pocket if it vibrates. I've told my boyfriend not to text me. :p One of my close friends also interviewed, and her phone went off in class today. I jumped over that thinking maybe she heard something. It's gotten bad..... I'm so nervous and just ready to know the decision one way or another. I'm expecting not to hear back until next week, though.

And wait....Missy said Monday or Tuesday? She told us the end of February, though I was expecting next week anyway!

agreed. so far, everyone i've met from MSU-CVM has been nothing but incredibly kind and helpful. makes me want to go there even more!
That is one thing that makes Mississippi one of my top choices! That's also why I love my major at my university. The people are really nice! :laugh:

Yes, Missy told our interview group that she expected to make calls/send emails either Monday or Tuesday....but the "official" answer was "before the end of February".

And MSU was always my top choice. I applied to my IS only to appease my family with no actual expectations of being interviewed(I was not proved wrong). I truly loved MSU- the curriculum, the campus, the people, the facilities....I will most likely soil myself if Missy calls me next week. Which is going to be problematic because I'll most likely be at work without an extra set of clothes. :D

And MSU was always my top choice. I applied to my IS only to appease my family with no actual expectations of being interviewed(I was not proved wrong). I truly loved MSU- the curriculum, the campus, the people, the facilities....I will most likely soil myself if Missy calls me next week. Which is going to be problematic because I'll most likely be at work without an extra set of clothes. :D
Ha ha ha! Mississippi was actually on the bottom of my list two years ago, but now I consider them one of my top two choices. It took two tours of the school and talking to students and faculty for me to decide that. Everyone is very friendly, and I've realized that I would probably like the curriculum there better than many other schools. I've already been rejected by my other top choice (Cornell), but I really didn't expect to get in there in the first place. :p

Soooo....does anyone have any great strategies for keeping our minds preoccupied tomorrow so we don't just sit and stare at our phones? Lol.

Soooo....does anyone have any great strategies for keeping our minds preoccupied tomorrow so we don't just sit and stare at our phones? Lol.

Work in a frustrating group for a school project.

I got my call on Friday and almost passed out! Good luck to everyone!