MPH Fall 2015: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Today better be! I feel like Yale must be releasing some more soon.

Also saw that Columbia's FAFSA info is due the 1st. Is that like super early?

That is pretty early, but I think a lot of schools' deadlines are in February, very odd. I would've thought they would've given us at least till April.

Members don't see this ad.

Really??? How are we supposed to send them our FAFSA before knowing if we're accepted?? I better get to work on taxes, ugh

I actually had to submit my FAFSA for a fellowship application right after Jan 1, so I just estimated everything and submitted to schools already. Ugh, not looking forward to doing actual taxes and correcting the FAFSA later...

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone here received the login details for Harvard's MyFinAid yet? Their site says that the application is now available, and to contact them to we have not received the login instructions by mid-January. I haven't received mine yet, the deadline is February 13th!!

I'd totally forgotten that it's Martin Luther King day this Monday! I'm starting to really dislike weekends, hopefully today will be filled with acceptance e-mails! The stress of all this waiting around is ruining my life!

I had completely forgotten as well!

Seriously? I better get to work on that then.

If I may ask, where did you see that their deadline for the FAFSA is the 1st? I can't seem to find the deadline anywhere.

Accepted to University of Minnesota!!! They sent an email with a link to a nice video in which the dean is the one who says you've been accepted. A very nice touch, I thought. Minnesota is one of my top choices and I'm beyond thrilled! Oh, and this is for Epi.

Reactions: 8 users
I actually had to submit my FAFSA for a fellowship application right after Jan 1, so I just estimated everything and submitted to schools already. Ugh, not looking forward to doing actual taxes and correcting the FAFSA later...

Wut. Feb. 1? I don't even have my W-2 yet...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last day before the 3 day weekend, here's to hoping it's a good one full of fruitful refreshing and acceptances!!
Seriously I was very good and waited until now to check OPUS thinking it was going to have magic powers to have information.....

Reactions: 1 user
Minnesota just emailed me saying that they should have a decision within three weeks. I applied in early December. The anticipation is driving me crazy :scared::scared::scared:

Minnesota just emailed me saying that they should have a decision within three weeks. I applied in early December. The anticipation is driving me crazy :scared::scared::scared:
I'm feeling the same way about all of the schools I applied to, aside from GW (I submitted that one later). But I was verified 11/7 and haven't heard a thing. My stats aren't the best at all, so I'm trying to keep the "no news is good news" mindset lol.

Are schools honestly waiting until end of work day to send out emails? The wait is absolutely killing me...

Reactions: 6 users
Are schools honestly waiting until end of work day to send out emails? The wait is absolutely killing me...

This week has been incredibly slow in terms of acceptances. It appears that very few schools released anything. Hopefully next week will be better.

Reactions: 4 users
Got my BU package today with a 15k merit scholarship :)!

Reactions: 13 users
Has anyone here received the login details for Harvard's MyFinAid yet? Their site says that the application is now available, and to contact them to we have not received the login instructions by mid-January. I haven't received mine yet, the deadline is February 13th!!

I received log in instructions today.

Anyone 100% set on Emory?
I'm pretty close to 100%--just about the only thing keeping me from feeling set yet is the as-yet unknown nature of any scholarships/awards I may receive from other schools.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an email that my Emory Application has been sent to the BSHE program !!! I literally don't bother checking OPUS...like ever! Is that bad? I get all my communication through their emails.

Reactions: 2 users
Ugh, so disappointed to not hear from anyone today!

MkGcAnw.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Got an email that my Emory Application has been sent to the BSHE program !!! I literally don't bother checking OPUS...like ever! Is that bad? I get all my communication through their emails.

You are stronger than me! I check it multiple times a day.

I have heard that Emory doesn't notify via email, so you might want to check opus occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just winged the financial section of FASFA. It's kind of strange that they expect your FASFA to be submitted so early, but I think I was "close". At least I don't have to worry about that anymore.

How long after the e-mail from Emory saying your application was forwarded to your department did some of you guys hear back? Did it really take 3-6 weeks?

How long after the e-mail from Emory saying your application was forwarded to your department did some of you guys hear back? Did it really take 3-6 weeks?

Submitted the 27th of November. Rejected on the 7th of this month. So relax. Sometimes hearing back from them early isn't a good thing :rolleyes:

I got that email on December 16 after submitting on October 17, and then I received an email that I was accepted on January 13.

I
Has anyone heard from University of Alabama at Birmingham yet? Or Texas A&M?
I feel like you applied to the same programs as I did! Good luck & no word from Texas A&M. UAB emailed this week saying they were reviewing my application. So just waiting...

I'm pretty close to 100%--just about the only thing keeping me from feeling set yet is the as-yet unknown nature of any scholarships/awards I may receive from other schools.

same here! I wish we found out about financial aid packages sooner

From that e-mail, it took just a bit over 3 weeks for me.

Your decision will be on OPUS, not through e-mail, so you do want to check every so often

I applied for school money tonight. Their app only take 4 minutes, tops. I got my login info about an hour ago.

Yeah I completed the app last night, was actually surprised at how short it was.

Last edited:
I just reviewed dates of various emails. I got my "sent to BSHE" on January 7th. The three weeks will then be 1/28. I should probably stop thinking about it until then. I guess I got swept up in things and thought it might happen earlier!

I live in Atlanta with an established life and family here. So, for right now all my eggs are in Emory. I have family working at Emory, I've taken classes at Rollins. It's a great institution and a nice place to live. People seem happy, nice, supportive, enthusiastic in the classes I've taken. I think it's a great choice for lots of interests. Now just hoping they'll see it that way too :).

While I haven't lived in true student mode in Atlanta, I'm happy to answer any questions as I can for folks considering Emory.

Reactions: 3 users

I got that email 12/16, submitted Nov. 7 and still haven't heard a peep.

To those who are accepted to the Tulane...have u guys been offered scholarships or any other financial aids with the admission letter? or do they send out notifications for the same separately later on?

I was accepted into the Tulane MHA program on 1/13 and surprisingly there is no deadline for accepting the admission...!!!

To those who are accepted to the Tulane...have u guys been offered scholarships or any other financial aids with the admission letter? or do they send out notifications for the same separately later on?

I was accepted into the Tulane MHA program on 1/13 and surprisingly there is no deadline for accepting the admission...!!!
After I was accepted, I was shortly sent another email about financial aid.

wondering the same thing.. haven't heard anything other than doing the FAFSA. i'm attending the open house this month i'll probably get the details then