NC State University c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In-state rejection for a third time. Pretty depressed ngl. At least I have an acceptance somewhere else but would’ve been super nice to not have to move 800 miles away from my family.
Where are you going?

As someone who has moved across the country twice, I can tell you the scariest part is the moving process. Honestly, once you get there and figure out your new surroundings, it can be great! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
No email yet, but i’m OOS! I’m guessing it’s just IS today, but hopefully OOS knows soon : )
congrats to all the accepted students, and hugs to all others❤️

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Where are you going?

As someone who has moved across the country twice, I can tell you the scariest part is the moving process. Honestly, once you get there and figure out your new surroundings, it can be great! :)
I couldn’t agree with this more!!! Moving away helped me to grow a lot, even in the times that it pushed me and challenged me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where are you going?

I couldn’t agree with this more!!! Moving away helped me to grow a lot, even in the times that it pushed me and challenged me.

Thank you both, I’m really nervous about it, and my boyfriend is coming with me too so at least there’s that. It looks like I’m headed to Mississippi in two months!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Thank you both, I’m really nervous about it, and my boyfriend is coming with me too so at least there’s that. It looks like I’m headed to Mississippi in two months!
I’m a current MSU student and I love it there! If you have any questions feel free to message me!

omg congrats to all IS accepted so far! and I feel for everyone else as well but this decision doesn't define you ❤️

also I wonder how much longer OOS will have to wait?? I was finally accepting that I would have to wait until April 1st but now I'm feeling the anxious waiting all over again like it could possible happen any day now (hopefully!!)

IS waitlist, first time applicant. Anybody have any statistics on how many IS waitlist students typically get in?? So curious!

omg congrats to all IS accepted so far! and I feel for everyone else as well but this decision doesn't define you ❤️

also I wonder how much longer OOS will have to wait?? I was finally accepting that I would have to wait until April 1st but now I'm feeling the anxious waiting all over again like it could possible happen any day now (hopefully!!)
In the past they’ve always notified OOS before IS so it’s weird they’re doing IS first

Reactions: 7 users
IS waitlist! 2nd time applicant, rejected the 1st time. Still pretty stoked! Congrats to all who've been accepted so far!

Just got accepted IS!! Anyone know of any group chats? I’m looking to figure out housing ASAP. TIA and congrats to others who were accepted so far!!

What time did y’all receive the letter?

Did any OOS hear? I didn’t get an email that I see at least

Members don't see this ad :)
IS rejection. Apparently my emails weren't coming through on my phone so I had to pull it up on my computer. I got the email yesterday. #firsttimeapplicant #StKittsbound!

• Care
IS acceptance! Email came at the same time as everyone else's, I was just caught up in personal things and hadn't been online.
If anybody knows of a group chat or anything of the sort, I'd be interested in joining.

Do we think there's any chance OOS students will hear back tomorrow? Or is the office closed this week due to spring break?

Do we think there's any chance OOS students will hear back tomorrow? Or is the office closed this week due to spring break?
It's spring break this week. I think it will be the week after (hopefully) and not April 1 :)

Reactions: 2 users
UF will be on spring break, and they are releasing admission decisions tomorrow, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

• Love
Auburn was supposed to do it during spring break as well. They did it early but maybe there’s a chance!

• Love
I love all this optimism! I guess we will all be feverishly refreshing our emails tomorrow lol #keepthedreamalive #ncstcvm2026.

IS waitlist, first time applicant. Anybody have any statistics on how many IS waitlist students typically get in?? So curious!
Hello! I’m a current second year and got off the IS waitlist. I know at least 3 or 4 of my classmates who were also pulled off as well!

Feel free to ask any questions! I know it’s absolutely torturous.

I love all this optimism! I guess we will all be feverishly refreshing our emails tomorrow lol #keepthedreamalive #ncstcvm2026.
I will be doing the same thing! I know I got the email that my app was sent to committee on December 17 and I have been waiting on edge since

Did anyone not get a conformation they received your transcript? I sent mine forever ago when I was moved to committee review

Did anyone not get a conformation they received your transcript? I sent mine forever ago when I was moved to committee review
I sent mine in electronically on January 20th and I received a confirmation email on January 31st

Maybe you should call the admissions office?

Was it electronic or mail? If electronic, did you receive an email from the transcript service that your transcript was downloaded or can you go online to the transcript service website and check the status? I used Credentials Solutions through my university, and for an electronic transcript I can check the status. 🤗

What are the odds of the out of state decision coming out sometime this week do we think?

What are the odds of the out of state decision coming out sometime this week do we think?
I honestly have no clue. At this point I feel like they're going to wait until the 1st...but I really hope not

Decisions always come out when I least expect it. So who knows! :rofl:

• Care
Since IS was told last Friday…maybe OOS will be told today???

Since IS was told last Friday…maybe OOS will be told today???
I emailed them yesterday because I’m impatient lol and they said they’re in the final stages and decisions will be sent out “in the very near future”

Alrighty then I gotta prep myself for this last rejection letter let’s goooo

• Care
  • Love
So I received an IS acceptance when they came out the other day. In the email, it has these dates. So i think the OOS decisions for sure have to come out at least a couple days before March 31st! :)
IMG_1077.png

• Wow
What time did they start notifying IS last week? It's already 2 pm so I'm thinking next week.

What time did they start notifying IS last week? It's already 2 pm so I'm thinking next week.
I saw that someone said around 3:00 (but I don't know if this is when they received it or just looked at it). So, don't give up hope!

• Care
I think it's normally 3-4 pm eastern / 2-3 pm central from what I've seen in the past

Y’all think it will be AM or 3:03PM today?? If today at all lol

I'm betting it will be at 4:59pm on any day we get it lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I already know I’ve been rejected but I just need confirmation from them before I can move on and put my deposit down somewhere else lol