NC State University c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I already know I’ve been rejected but I just need confirmation from them before I can move on and put my deposit down somewhere else lol
Same I don't even know why I'm anxiously waiting because I already know the answer but I just want it over with :lol:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I already know I’ve been rejected but I just need confirmation from them before I can move on and put my deposit down somewhere else lol
How do you know that you’ve been rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
Really just want this to be over so I don't have to worry about breaking my lease in Oklahoma.

Welp… better luck tomorrow?

I must have a different definition of “very near future” than they do lol

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know where there is information about receiving in-state tuition after the first year if you are OOS? I’ve seen some posts about it but just curious if there was more info on that anywhere online.

casually waiting to see if today is going to be the day....

Reactions: 3 users
casually waiting to see if today is going to be the day....
I've gotten all of my decisions on either a Tuesday or Friday when I least expected it. But now I expect it on those days so maybe they'll change it up on me :rofl:
But either way whenever it hits 2-3pm I'm staring at my phone

Are we ever going to find out ughhhhhhh. This is the last school I wanted to hear from before signing with another school.

Reactions: 1 users
Are we ever going to find out ughhhhhhh. This is the last school I wanted to hear from before signing with another school.
Same. Maybe it actually will be on giving day tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess not today? They have a very weird meaning of “very near future”

Reactions: 4 users
We ain’t going to find out today lol I’m going to email them just to see if they have an answer.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
this is getting a little rude how long they are taking at this point
Seriously! I might lose a housing opportunity waiting for NC state! I just don’t want to sign a lease somewhere else until I know for sure

As an OOS student with a life, two weeks is not long enough to make a trip to Raleigh and see if I can travel hundreds of miles for a move if accepted…
It’s just a big decision, especially with a family, to make in a small window. I’ve tried to be understanding that there are more applicants but CSU had 4500 applicants and got their decisions out earlier than normal! Very disappointed. :/

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
I understand that they're behind but getting decisions out 3 weeks before the national deadline is extremely inconsiderate. No where near enough time for visits, housing, etc.

Reactions: 8 users
I get they had a lot of apps and a lot of factors to consider, however so do we. No one wants to make a decision for another school or sign a lease until you hear back from all schools.

And on top of that, we’ll have no time to visit and it makes it even worse for people on waitlists because others can’t make their decisions yet to free up spots. It’s our whole future :(

Reactions: 8 users
I think it’s also annoying that it says on their website and in past years OOS found out before IS because they need time to find housing and plan their lives. It even has a timeline posted that OOS will find out Jan 31st.

It would have been nice to have an apology and more email updates.

I called and of course no one answered. So, sorry guys. No helpful news. Not that they would have given me an answer anyway.

I called and of course no one answered. So, sorry guys. No helpful news. Not that they would have given me an answer anyway.
They’re probably gone for the day since it’s almost 7pm their time. Maybe try again in the morning?

I feel like at this point, they probably already have decided who got accepted, so It is confusing why this process is taking so long

The zoom call for accepted students is next Thursday(31st). Therefore id assume we would know tomorrow. That would give us a week to clear schedule for that hour. But 🤷🏾‍♀️ who knows.

The zoom call for accepted students is next Thursday(31st). Therefore id assume we would know tomorrow. That would give us a week to clear schedule for that hour. But 🤷🏾‍♀️ who knows.
I'm thinking the same mainly because I'm pretty sure IS found out the day after giving day last year. But yeah I'm not sure of anything anymore :rofl:

I’m telling you guys 4:59 April 15th lol

• Haha
Plot twist: they only accepted IS students this year and OOS will forever be avoided lmao

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
They told all five accepted OOS to keep it a secret from the other 1300

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I just called the office, and she said they are finalizing decisions and they “should be out shortly.” But then when I asked if it could be today, she said they didn’t know and it “should be within the next week.”

• Dislike
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I just called the office, and she said they are finalizing decisions and they “should be out shortly.” But then when I asked if it could be today, she said they didn’t know and it “should be within the next week.”
bruh that's what they said last week with the "very near future" and here we are

On the email the IS person showed us, it looks like they have a reception on April 2 that might be in person? How are we supposed to get flights in less than a week?

On the email the IS person showed us, it looks like they have a reception on April 2 that might be in person? How are we supposed to get flights in less than a week?
You’re supposed to buy the most expensive plane ticket and think of all the money you’ll save on future IS tuition?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
You’re supposed to buy the most expensive plane ticket and think of all the money you’ll save on future IS tuition?
Who needs a plane ticket when Google maps says I could walk there in 7 days. guess I should leave soon :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
While I agree that it is frustrating and does increase the stress from the time constraint of making decisions, let’s be aware of what we’re saying and try to be considerate of outside factors that could be going on and affecting the committee. I’m sure they’re trying their hardest and I understand wanting to rant about feelings but let’s all try to avoid comments that could come across as rude to the admissions team as it does nothing but present us in a poor way. A few calls to the office from multiple people could maybe help push them to release by the end of this week but it’s honestly out of our control. Wishing the best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
I wish we had the fun memes and GIFs to lighten the mood 😅😅😅

Alright y’all it’s almost game time for today. Let’s see if today will be our giving day 😊

• Care
This is just exhausting at this point. I get that we all seem to be upset/complaining but we are about 3 weeks out from the national deadline right now. It's very unfortunate that they've kept us in the dark for so long.

I’m IS and have not heard yet. They are working in batches I think :).

• Care