New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ugh this wait for a decision really sucks. I remember they said since it was so late in the season it would be a 2-3 week turn around....guess not lol. Entering week 5 already, it's really messing with my plans to make decisions. I have places already asking me for a security deposit for apartments at other schools. C'mon NYIT just give me some peace of mind!

Quite frankly, I am afraid I am already on their "waitlist". Haha.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess my forum post was heard, 4/8 interview checking in. Got waitlisted....meh guess I can move on with life. Good luck everyone.

I guess my forum post was heard, 4/8 interview checking in. Got waitlisted....meh guess I can move on with life. Good luck everyone.

Sorry to hear it. You had other acceptances though right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get the snail mail or did you call them?

Wait listed by snail mail, turned it down. I have another acceptance so I sent that deposit in today as well. Really liked the school, but it seems it was not meant to be. Good luck to the rest of you.

Interviewed 4/8

I interviewed on 04/02 and called admissions last week (right at the 4 week mark). Whoever I spoke to gave me a short, "it takes 4-6 weeks, no decision has been made" and hung up without bothering to look at my file specifically. I think two people from my interview day posted on this thread that they were accepted around two weeks after, so it was disappointing to not get any information from whoever I spoke with. If you call, maybe you'll have better luck, but my phone call was useless.
I also interviewed on 4/2 (afternoon session). I called them on Monday too and got the same answer. Folks who got accepted, did any of you send in a LOI?

So I came home to a pink slip from usps on my apartment door saying a large envelope adressed to me had been sent back to the post office. I have a tiny apartment sized mailbox.... freaking out a bit;(

So I came home to a pink slip from usps on my apartment door saying a large envelope adressed to me had been sent back to the post office. I have a tiny apartment sized mailbox.... freaking out a bit;(

That is so terrible! But possibly good- I got a big envelope from them when I got accepted! Hope you get some great news- you seem to really want to go here!

That is so terrible! But possibly good- I got a big envelope from them when I got accepted! Hope you get some great news- you seem to really want to go here!

Yeah. I don't want to get my hopes up but I can't help it. NYCOM is my top choice. I'm gonna drive over to the post office in the morning and pick it up. I'll be late for work but it's better than waiting until monday. Thanks for the info:)

Hey Guys, first of all congratulation and good luck to all of you. Now that you have been accepted you need a place to live. I am moving to New jersey, to start my EM residency there and i need to find someone to take over my room.

15 by 12 feet room in a house in glen cove, sharing with a senior surgery resident, 2nd year family resident and a head golf pro from a local golf course. All the guys are extremely nice and cool. Rent is $530 a month plus utilities. house is 10-15 minutes away from NYCOM. 4 generation of NYCOM med students have lived in this house, so you know its a prime location. deposit is $530.
address: 13 gruber dr. Glen cove NY 11542.
Any questions or request please email me at [email protected]

I got waitlisted today. Interviewed 4 / 8 in the afternoon. I sent a LOI.

I got waitlisted today. Interviewed 4 / 8 in the afternoon. I sent a LOI.
I am sorry to hear that... I got waitlisted, too. Don't give up. You may get accepted in late May or June.

Members don't see this ad :)
Asking on behalf of someone else: accepted students, when are the tuition deposits due? Usually the day after deposits are due, the waitlist starts to move.

Also, I am a current student at a different DO school and I can answer any qs you might have about what to expect to return the favor.

Asking on behalf of someone else: accepted students, when are the tuition deposits due? Usually the day after deposits are due, the waitlist starts to move.

My letter said the deposit was due two weeks from the date on the letter.

Did anyone get accepted from the April 8th group? I'm thinking we interviewed for waitlist spots. Not that that's terrible or anything. I'm glad to still be in the running at all.

I just withdrew from the school, so I hope one of you gets it! Good luck to you all!

As far as I concerned, nobody was rejected as of today.

So what would it mean if I haven't received any mail/decision yet? I interviewed 3/26 and they are still telling me over the phone that they haven't made a decision yet. I sent in an LOI two weeks ago.

So what would it mean if I haven't received any mail/decision yet? I interviewed 3/26 and they are still telling me over the phone that they haven't made a decision yet. I sent in an LOI two weeks ago.

That's a bit weird. Maybe they are trying to decide whether or not you get one of the very last spots or something.

I interviewed on the 19th of March and haven't received anything yet, either. I'm hoping that's a good sign!

I just spoke with admissions and was told to expect something from them by the end of this week. I interviewed on 4/2...maybe give them a call if you haven't heard yet.

I just spoke with admissions and was told to expect something from them by the end of this week. I interviewed on 4/2...maybe give them a call if you haven't heard yet.
I spoke with them yesterday and was told they will mail it today. Here's to hoping we get those few last spots left!

Yep, I got the same response as all of you did. We should be getting something in the mail by the end of this week. Fingers crossed!

Hey guys!

My friend was wondering if accepting the financial aid award at NYCOM right now is binding? she is waitlisted at her first choice.

Hey guys!

My friend was wondering if accepting the financial aid award at NYCOM right now is binding? she is waitlisted at her first choice.
It is not binding.

Edit: Just as clarification. It is not binding until you are liable for tuition, which is usually the first week of classes but varies from school to school and might be the week before classes.

got my letter yesterday...waitlisted. interviewed 4/2. i think my middle name is "waitlist"....

got my letter yesterday...waitlisted. interviewed 4/2. i think my middle name is "waitlist"....

Aww mh2885 hang in there!

I got my letter on Sat afternoon as well. Waitlisted, interviewed on 3/26. I am not happy that it took them over a month to get the waitlist letter out and I am not sure how much of a movement happens from their waitlist (it looks like they haven't sent out any rejection letters...). But I am preparing to reapply this upcoming cycle.

Last edited:
i just got invited to the waitlisted boat also. interviewed on 4/1. Now im deciding if i should apply for this cycle, and if i do, what should i add to my application to strengthen it.

I interviewed here on 2/11/14, and I received notice that I was waitlisted about a month or so later. I immediately sent a LOI, and have been 'patiently' waiting ever since. Anyone know about how long it will take them to send me a decision? This waiting game is absolutely killing me. I haven't called because I know I'll be getting a generic based on what I have been reading.

I interviewed here on 2/11/14, and I received notice that I was waitlisted about a month or so later. I immediately sent a LOI, and have been 'patiently' waiting ever since. Anyone know about how long it will take them to send me a decision? This waiting game is absolutely killing me. I haven't called because I know I'll be getting a generic based on what I have been reading.
People can get off the waitlist pretty much any time up until the start of classes, so there's really no way to know when (or if) you might hear something. I'm waitlisted too, but I kind of just took it as a passive rejection.

People can get off the waitlist pretty much any time up until the start of classes, so there's really no way to know when (or if) you might hear something. I'm waitlisted too, but I kind of just took it as a passive rejection.

I agree. I haven't seen one person get a proper rejection on this thread. The waitlist does move... but it is also huge. So anything could happen but I would start prepping for next cycle now.

So for those who have been waitlisted - would acceptances be still coming through snail mail as well?

For everyone stuck in Waitlist limbo, such as myself, I know the Admissions Committee is currently reviewing applications.
Hopefully we hear some good news soon!

For everyone stuck in Waitlist limbo, such as myself, I know the Admissions Committee is currently reviewing applications.
Hopefully we hear some good news soon!
Did you speak to someone in admissions? I've only been getting generic responses when contacting the admissions office. Hopefully there will be movement soon!

Did you speak to someone in admissions? I've only been getting generic responses when contacting the admissions office. Hopefully there will be movement soon!
A really good friend of mine was actually lucky enough to get in contact with someone in admissions. Based on passed threads, we should be seeing some movement in a few weeks, hopefully!

A really good friend of mine was actually lucky enough to get in contact with someone in admissions. Based on passed threads, we should be seeing some movement in a few weeks, hopefully!

Congratulations to those of you admitted into the program already, and those of you wait- listed. I wish you good luck. I must let you know that you guys have been super lucky so far. I am an EPP applicant, applying for the same program as you all, and we had our interviews since November 2013, and no decisions yet. Rather, they kept sending us annoying emails, warning us not to call the admission office for any information, as they are not done with decisions yet.

I know life is generally unfair, but it saddens my heart going through this thread, and realizing how quickly they are responding to some students need. We have been waiting for decision for the last 6 months. Just wanted to share this. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!

To those accepted, has anyone withdrawn or have plans to withdraw from the school? Also, has anyone else on the waitlist been able to obtain information on possible movement?

To those accepted, has anyone withdrawn or have plans to withdraw from the school? Also, has anyone else on the waitlist been able to obtain information on possible movement?
Anyone who was accepted and is not planning on attending, please inform the admissions office so those of us who are waitlisted can start seeing some sort of movement. I'm sure all of us would really appreciate it!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys. I am logging into my MyNYIT account and I cant find the link to my email. What is going on? There is no link to the bursar or anything either. I am freaking out right now. I paid my deposit and everything, now all the things on my account are gone. Please if anyone knows whats going on pm me

Last edited:
Hey guys. I am logging into my MyNYIT account and I cant find the link to my email. What is going on? There is no link to the bursar or anything either. I am freaking out right now. I paid my deposit and everything, now all the things on my account are gone. Please if anyone knows whats going on pm me

dont worry..they have been having glitches on their website the past week

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

dont worry..they have been having glitches on their website the past week

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
oh gosh. Thank you so much. I was scared they removed me without telling me. I was having one issue with my account that needed to be fixed but they just called me about it this week. Can you see everything on your account?

Last edited:
oh gosh. Thank you so much. I was scared they removed me without telling me. I was having one issue with my account that needed to be fixed but they just called me about it this week. Can you see everything on your account?

I found that if you click on that "Groups" tab on the left after you log in, you can follow that link and then get into your NYIT gmail account as well. Hopefully they'll fix all of this soon though so you won't have to use such a roundabout method.