NYCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else interview that interviewed on or around Jan 12 hear back from NYCOM?

Anyone know how long it usually takes them to reply?

Hey I interviewed on the 10th of january... They lady who gave the overview of the school said to give them one month to return a desicion by mail to us. It's gonna be a month from the 10th in 2 days, I haven't received anything yet and im confident I wont in the next 2 days..

I called their admissions officetoday and once i barely finished explaining that I interviewed a month ago with no desicion yet she immediately said "the admissions committee has not reached a decision yet and is still reviewing applications and we'll send you a desicion in the mail." Pretty much a canned response from what i could tell. I guess ill wait a couple more weeks and see what happens... I read a post on here that said someone who interviewed on the 18th already heard back so I dont know what gives.. Maybe they're just really disorganized and not doing things completely in order...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back who was complete in November? I was complete around mid November but haven't heard a peep. I thought this was a silent rejection but from looking at other posts it seems like they may still be working on processing people who were complete in October.

Has anyone heard back who was complete in November? I was complete around mid November but haven't heard a peep. I thought this was a silent rejection but from looking at other posts it seems like they may still be working on processing people who were complete in October.
I was complete in mid-November and was actually not expecting to hear anything because I knew that was very late to apply. However, I did receive an interview early January from them (I interviewed this past Tuesday). I think it depends not only on your stats but also if you are considered a New York resident. I think they REALLY like New York residents. I also sent them updates (change of residence to NY, some new grades, etc.) so I am not sure if that sped up the process for me. Hope that helps. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
What were your stats? Did it come via snail mail or email?

i got in thru the hcop program had mcat 25 and 3.4 gpa. they are still giving out interviews. I received mail.

how did you apply for the hcop program? cause i just apply through regular do program, and havent heard a thing.

I also applied through the HCOP program. Has anyone else heard that applied to that program? I'm hoping I hear soon...I was complete by the end of September.

I was complete in mid-November and was actually not expecting to hear anything because I knew that was very late to apply. However, I did receive an interview early January from them (I interviewed this past Tuesday). I think it depends not only on your stats but also if you are considered a New York resident. I think they REALLY like New York residents. I also sent them updates (change of residence to NY, some new grades, etc.) so I am not sure if that sped up the process for me. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks for the info, I'm not from NY but I am local (CT) so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

Any NJ residents receive an interview invite from this school yet?

i got in thru the hcop program had mcat 25 and 3.4 gpa. they are still giving out interviews. I received mail.

I also applied through the HCOP program. Has anyone else heard that applied to that program? I'm hoping I hear soon...I was complete by the end of September.

I was also accepted through the HCOP program in December.

how did you apply for the hcop program? cause i just apply through regular do program, and havent heard a thing.
the committee decides if you are eligible for the HCOP programs or not.

Accepted! Interviewed 1/17 via snail mail today. So relieved!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you both NY residents? I interviewed 1/12 and still am waiting on a decision

What???? I also interviewed 1/10 and I'm a NY resident. I still haven't heard and I'm going crazy!!

hey guys I am thinking of p/c (PASS or FAIL) for two of my classes,non-science; last semester for me now. Would this affect anything?

Just got the acceptance letter via snail mail. I interviewed 1/11.

IS
3.95cGPA
3.97sGPA
28R MCAT

Last edited:
wow how does any medical school with any respect for themselves accept someone with a 25 on the mcat? i dont care how bad of a test taker you are or how high your gpa is.....a 25......thats crazy! studying for a few weeks can easily can you a 30+........i really want to be a DO over an MD but how will we ever gain the same respect as allopathic doctors if osteopathic schools allow everyone in, dont they understand that everyone accepted who becomes a DO is a representative of all of us?

i submitted mid january about as late as possible, but i have published papers, good gpa from a real school with a double major and difficult schedule...full time work throughout college, and 31 mcat(studied for a few weeks, can easily hit 33+ with another month or two......i mean i know applying early is good, but why take anyone with lower scores just because they apply early, i heard from every school I applied to other than NYCOM....wtf NYCOM accepting sub-par applicants and not even responding to me....the other schools that responded even rank higher, but nycom is right next to me.....soooo pissed, but if i have to ill apply as soon as it opens, get in and dominate.....

and screw that HCOP thing, what bull, i grew up in a very poor household in an urban area....thats not an excuse for anything....oh so you cant take a simple test because you grew up disadvantaged? what does that even mean, most people went to public schools, and if you did well you could get into good programs and good specialized high schools........this whole hcop program is an embarassment to REAL smart hard working students

I'm pretty sure DO schools are more interested in the person than the MCAT score....which is unfortunate for you.

ok

Last edited:
lol you dont even know anything about my extracurriculars...i have published papers in scientific journals, leadership positions, a full time job throughout college, a double major and a minor, im simply stating being a doctor takes a certain amount of booksmarts...the mcat is a good test to see if you can make it in med school....and if they arent interested why did all the other 4 schools i applied to give me an interview...AND i got all my stuff completed mid january.....im sorry if i dont sound like the nicest guy but i think ppl get babied too much, there should be simple cutoffs....look at the MD applicants and their MCAT scores......all the adults i know, one thing that makes them go to MD's is the fact that they think they are smarter...which is complete nonesense!! but this nonesense will keep on going around unless osteopathic schools step up their admissions...and some already have...youll notice mcat scores are going up....

and one more thing before you judge me.....i actually went out and bought the books written by andrew taylor still...i talked to other ppl at interviews..they all googled and wikipedia'ed him...i actually read his books and a great book by michael lane writtein in the 1930's....im a philosophy and psychology writer so i like to get deep down to the heart of things.....like i said im the all around applicant, and if i dont get in bc i applied late and they already accepted lower qualified applicants JUST because they saw their application early...oh well....ill apply earlier....

i chose osteopathy bc of a great osteopathic doctor i met, the best doctor ive met in my life, he saw my interest in philosophy and recommended i read andrew taylor still......the man was quite brilliant and i consider him to be a philosopher as well as a doctor(actually spent a whole interview talking about andrew taylor still with the admissions guy....he was doing a paper on Still's philosophy.....so my interest in osteopathy lies with my understanding and interest of the real philosphical principles of ostepathy not the crap that everyone gets from wikipedia after finding out about DO as a good backup to the MD schools they are worried about getting into....

i didnt mean to insult anyone, im only human, i have my opinions and emotions..i mean maybe im just mad about applying so late.....maybe im just expressing a belief a lot more people than you think might have, i may be the target of derision here, but like i said im just a human, the thoughts and concepts we express dont come from us, they come from around us....but the disadvantaged thing is for real...i mean really it shouldnt be an excuse, i was dirt poor growing up, i excelled at school and got scholarships to attend learning summer camps, got into specialized high schools.....in america we all have a chance to succeed as long as we work hard....there should be no excuse

Not every college gives their students the opportunity to do independent research so that they can be published. And while we may not know anything about you, you don't know anything about the other people on this forum, so if your not asking us to judge you, please don't judge the other people here. Mid January is actually pretty late, its a good thing DO schools give their applicants more time to hand in their stuff, but still maybe you really should have gotten your application in sooner. As they say, the early bird gets the worm. Fair? Maybe not. But that's life. But have a little patience, NYCOM takes a while to process applications anyway, I personally didn't complete my application until October, I didn't hear about an interview until January.

Sure it may be easy for YOU to get a 30+ on the MCAT with a few weeks of studying, but it all depends on the kind of background in science you got, and on the person. I know many interns, residents, and doctors who studied for YEARS to raise their score on the MCAT, but couldn't do it for the life of them. Guess what? They're doctors now. And believe me, they have a lot of respect from the MDs. Osteopathic doctors are starting to gain more respect not just from the MD community, but in general, as a relatively new field of medicine, yeah, they had to prove themselves somehow, yes? And I think they're doing a fantastic job at doing so. And the respect does not come from how well they all did on their MCAT, it comes from the fact that they are good, personable doctors.

These DO interns, residents and doctors that I work with told me that yeah, they didn't score as high on the MCAT, but they rocked medical school and their board exams, which, in the end is what's important. NYCOM and other DO schools knows that there really isn't a correlation to how well you scored on the MCAT to how good of a doctor you will be. That's the reason why at the interview, your interviewer doesn't get your entire application, only your supplemental, which as you know doesn't ask for grades and what not. They want to know who the person inside you is.

Last edited:
Not every college gives their students the opportunity to do independent research so that they can be published. And while we may not know anything about you, you don't know anything about the other people on this forum, so if your not asking us to judge you, please don't judge the other people here. Mid January is actually pretty late, its a good thing DO schools give their applicants more time to hand in their stuff, but still maybe you really should have gotten your application in sooner. As they say, the early bird gets the worm. Fair? Maybe not. But that's life. But have a little patience, NYCOM takes a while to process applications anyway, I personally didn't complete my application until October, I didn't hear about an interview until January.

Sure it may be easy for YOU to get a 30+ on the MCAT with a few weeks of studying, but it all depends on the kind of background in science you got, and on the person. I know many interns, residents, and doctors who studied for YEARS to raise their score on the MCAT, but couldn't do it for the life of them. Guess what? They're doctors now. And believe me, they have a lot of respect from the MDs. Osteopathic doctors are starting to gain more respect not just from the MD community, but in general, as a relatively new field of medicine, yeah, they had to prove themselves somehow, yes? And I think they're doing a fantastic job at doing so. And the respect does not come from how well they all did on their MCAT, it comes from the fact that they are good, personable doctors.

These DO interns, residents and doctors that I work with told me that yeah, they didn't score as high on the MCAT, but they rocked medical school and their board exams, which, in the end is what's important. NYCOM and other DO schools knows that there really isn't a correlation to how well you scored on the MCAT to how good of a doctor you will be. That's the reason why at the interview, your interviewer doesn't get your entire application, only your supplemental, which as you know doesn't ask for grades and what not. They want to know who the person inside you is.

Bump!

The MCAT isn't indicative of how you will perform in medical school or as a doctor. I know both MD's and DO's who scored in the mid to low 20's but still got into school, made it through, and are now succesful physicians/residents.

Last edited:
Sorta random question here- I sent a request to join class of 2016 facebook page, and I haven't been added but a bunch of other ppl have. Am I missing something?

A word to the not-so-wise: While you have every right to develop and express your own opinion -- however misguided it may be -- doing so on this forum is most certainly not in your best interest nor is it welcome. In case you aren't aware, you've put some personal and specific information about yourself on the internet and admission office representatives have been known to lurk on these forums. I'd bet my FAFSA award letter they'd easily be able to identify who you are and would reject you without giving it a second thought.

Last edited:
Hi,
I interviewed on January 12th. My GPA is a 3.6(AACOMAS) and my MCAT a 32R. I have strong ECs as well.. I haven't heard back yet from NYCOM.l What happens if you get waitlisted? Do you receive word of that through snail mail or email?

Hi,
I interviewed on January 12th. My GPA is a 3.6(AACOMAS) and my MCAT a 32R. I have strong ECs as well.. I haven't heard back yet from NYCOM.l What happens if you get waitlisted? Do you receive word of that through snail mail or email?
Since it's been a month since your interview, it's certainly reasonable to call the admissions office to double check the status. You can also use that opportunity to inquire about the waitlist logistics, if applicable. Assuming the interview went okay, I'd say you have a pretty good shot at a straight acceptance given your stats, though. Good luck.

Interviewed Jan 12th. Got my acceptance notice on Saturday Feb 11th.

Yipeeee

A word to the not-so-wise: While you have every right to develop and express your own opinion -- however misguided it may be -- doing so on this forum is most certainly not in your best interest nor is it welcome. In case you aren't aware, you've put some personal and specific information about yourself on the internet and admission office representatives have been known to lurk on these forums. I'd bet my FAFSA award letter they'd easily be able to identify who you are and would reject you without giving it a second thought.

:thumbup:

lol you dont even know anything about my extracurriculars...i have published papers in scientific journals, leadership positions, a full time job throughout college, a double major and a minor, im simply stating being a doctor takes a certain amount of booksmarts.

you think NYCOM should consider you first because you have publications and a higher MCAT score? Get over yourself. There are plenty of qualified applicants. Submit your app earlier next time.

look at the MD applicants and their MCAT scores......all the adults i know, one thing that makes them go to MD's is the fact that they think they are smarter...which is complete nonesense!!

You say that MD applicants think they are smarter because they have a higher MCAT, but here you are, using the exact same logic to justify why you should be considered at NYCOM over other students [with lower MCAT scores].

and one more thing before you judge me.....i actually went out and bought the books written by andrew taylor still...i talked to other ppl at interviews..they all googled and wikipedia'ed him...i actually read his books

i chose osteopathy bc of a great osteopathic doctor i met, the best doctor ive met in my life, he saw my interest in philosophy and recommended i read andrew taylor still......

And really? You chose osteopathic medicine because of ONE doctor you knew? You think you're better than those who wiki-ed Andrew Taylor because you READ THE BOOK? My goodness! This applicant reads!- automatic NYCOM acceptance! :laugh:

but the disadvantaged thing is for real...i mean really it shouldnt be an excuse, i was dirt poor growing up, i excelled at school and got scholarships to attend learning summer camps, got into specialized high schools.....in america we all have a chance to succeed as long as we work hard....there should be no excuse
I agreed. No excuses! You might not be highly considered simply because you submitted late. Get your ** together and apply early instead of whining about why you deserve the seat more than others and how schools who accept applicants with a 25 has no respect for themselves.

and please don't tell me that you've been given II at 4 other institutions, yet you're thinking about reapplying NYCOM? You should consider yourself lucky to get those II given that you submitted so late!

Since it's been a month since your interview, it's certainly reasonable to call the admissions office to double check the status. You can also use that opportunity to inquire about the waitlist logistics, if applicable. Assuming the interview went okay, I'd say you have a pretty good shot at a straight acceptance given your stats, though. Good luck.

I called and only received a generic reply stating that the committee is meeting and that not all decisions have been made yet...

I called NYCOM admissions again and was informed that nothing has yet been mailed to my address in terms of a decision. Does this mean I've been waitlisted if others who interviewed after me have been accepted already? My GPA is a 3.6(AACOMAS) and my MCAT was a 32, strong ECs, and good to great interview(based on my impression).....

I called NYCOM admissions again and was informed that nothing has yet been mailed to my address in terms of a decision. Does this mean I've been waitlisted if others who interviewed after me have been accepted already? My GPA is a 3.6(AACOMAS) and my MCAT was a 32, strong ECs, and good to great interview(based on my impression).....

I doubt it. They just started interviewing in November which is a lot later than many schools. My guess is they take a small batch of those who have interviewed and review them at each meeting. If youre waitlisted, you will know because they will probably send you a letter in the mail asking if you wish to stay on the waitlist or would like to withdraw your spot. Dont be so negative! Your letter will come soon I am sure :) someone else posted on here that they received an acceptance two whole months after their interview!

You always make great points Octupus!!! And Russ123....OMG i cannot believe the nerve you have and I don't want to express in detail my total disgust with the majority of your posts, but all i can say is if you are anything like you seem, your personality would definitely keep you from being accepted. Yiiikes, what a nerve you have, its pretty terrible, I know i would NOT want a doctor like you taking care of me. Your EGO is a bit too big for SDN, sorry but you should probably find a different forum to release your oh so human opinions!

I doubt it. They just started interviewing in November which is a lot later than many schools. My guess is they take a small batch of those who have interviewed and review them at each meeting. If youre waitlisted, you will know because they will probably send you a letter in the mail asking if you wish to stay on the waitlist or would like to withdraw your spot. Dont be so negative! Your letter will come soon I am sure :) someone else posted on here that they received an acceptance two whole months after their interview!

Thanks for the support! :) I hope it really doesn't take 2 months! Does that happen frequently? It's not that I don't mind the wait but I only have a limited time to put down deposits at other schools!

I apologize.
I did however read into osteopathy and was delighted to learn how wonderful it is. The biggest point for me is the ability to heal without medicines, in fact the early avoidance of such treatment. A.T. Still had spectatular logic and reasoning, which lies in the fact that he was one of the first to realize that the body must be able to heal itself. We have survived a long time before using medicines. Using OMM a DO is natures/ the bodies helper. I look forward to becoming a DO and using OMM in order to keep the practice and tradition of A.T. Still alive.

Last edited:
Here is a spread sheet that compares match lists, GPA/MCAT scores of matriculates, COMLEX scores, and other types of data. It includes:

-2011-2008 Match lists for many osteopathic schools
- comparison of match results between schools
-GPA/MCAT scores, a profiles of average matriculating students compared between all Osteopathic schools,
-COMLEX scores for some schools
- You'll also find comparison of tuition / graduate indebtedness between schools

https://sites.google.com/site/osteopathicreference/home

(I can't host the spread sheet on the forums because of size limits)

I apologize in advance that I will be mass posting this through out the forums this afternoon but many people have been looking for this data and I want the to be able to find it!

I dont believe anything too radical was said just the fact that under 25 seems too low for the standards DO school's take these days. Im not talking about 26 or 28 being bad or stupid(those are fine scores!), just below 25 being questionable in terms of how much work was put in....There are examples of well capable doctors getting 24's, but this is not the average, that is why there are indeed cutoffs, you cannot argue that with me. Also the disadvantaged thing gets to me, because i grew up disadvantaed but I'am not anymore, I don't see how it affected my schooling at all, I think we all had a fair playiing ground, so why tip the scales in any direction?

Its suprising how just from one statement people can go so far as saying the person making that statement isn't a kind and caring person. I care more about other people than I do about myself, it is for this reason that I work so hard, if it was about money I would simply join a profession more suited for that.

I come from a family of MD's and Im still applying DO because I truly feel it is where I belong, due to my interest in helping third world countries, being that I'am from one. I can help people without any supplies other than my hands, which is truly amazing. We all care about people, it is natural, but that should not get in the way of our professional side. I have met top doctors who would make Dr. House look like mother teresa, they are very confident and sometimes arrogant, but they are amazing doctors, sometimes I believe their confidence and ego is what makes them such amazing doctors.( not sure if its a coincidence that they are all surgeons). I dont judge my doctors by how nice he is, but how he does his job, I dont think there is any correlation between how nice someone is and how seriously he takes his job as a doctor or how good he is.

I also never said I should be considered over anyone, I guess I was merely expressing my worry and angst in waiting on NYCOM. I'm usually an easygoing and nice guy but this process is killing me because this has been my mission and dream for almost my entire life. We can not always be perfect and show no emotion or say illogical stupid things. Its difficult in a subjective world not to grasp onto any type of objectivity, like gpa or mcat scores, im sure at one point or another we all fell victim to this(is religion, science, quantification of the world around us by objective standards not proof of this? All the standardized tests we are submitted to as we age, all the competitive spirit they breed into us?). Sadly its what has been conditioned into me, going to competitive schools all my life, i didnt create this daunting machine of education. In fact one of the things that made me go DO was seeing the relaxed atmosphere of some of the schools I was given tours of, the focus on uplifting the entire class, rather than making it so competitive that only a the top few survive.

Last edited:
I dont believe anything too radical was said just the fact that under 25 seems too low for the standards DO school's take these days. Im not talking about 26 or 28 being bad or stupid(those are fine scores!), just below 25 being questionable in terms of how much work was put in....There are examples of well capable doctors getting 24's, but this is not the average, that is why there are indeed cutoffs, you cannot argue that with me. Also the disadvantaged thing gets to me, because i grew up disadvantaed but I'am not anymore, I don't see how it affected my schooling at all, I think we all had a fair playiing ground, so why tip the scales in any direction?

Its suprising how just from one statement people can go so far as saying the person making that statement isn't a kind and caring person. I care more about other people than I do about myself, it is for this reason that I work so hard, if it was about money I would simply join a profession more suited for that.

I come from a family of MD's and Im still applying DO because I truly feel it is where I belong, due to my interest in helping third world countries, being that I'am from one. I can help people without any supplies other than my hands, which is truly amazing. We all care about people, it is natural, but that should not get in the way of our professional side. I have met top doctors who would make Dr. House look like mother teresa, they are very confident and sometimes arrogant, but they are amazing doctors, sometimes I believe their confidence and ego is what makes them such amazing doctors.( not sure if its a coincidence that they are all surgeons). I dont judge my doctors by how nice he is, but how he does his job, I dont think there is any correlation between how nice someone is and how seriously he takes his job as a doctor or how good he is.

I also never said I should be considered over anyone, I guess I was merely expressing my worry and angst in waiting on NYCOM. I'm usually an easygoing and nice guy but this process is killing me because this has been my mission and dream for almost my entire life. We can not always be perfect and show no emotion or say illogical stupid things. Its difficult in a subjective world not to grasp onto any type of objectivity, like gpa or mcat scores, im sure at one point or another we all fell victim to this(is religion, science, quantification of the world around us by objective standards not proof of this? All the standardized tests we are submitted to as we age, all the competitive spirit they breed into us?). Sadly its what has been conditioned into me, going to competitive schools all my life, i didnt create this daunting machine of education. In fact one of the things that made me go DO was seeing the relaxed atmosphere of some of the schools I was given tours of, the focus on uplifting the entire class, rather than making it so competitive that only a the top few survive.

So I was on this forum earlier today and I saw a post from you saying that you weren't the one making your earlier posts. You said that you shared your computer with other people so you were saying one of them wrote those posts and not you. You have deleted that post since then. So, was that just a lie you were making up to cover yourself after realizing that you were being an ass? You also deleted the earlier posts that you made. What was the reason for that? I'm pretty sure that people came to the conclusion that you're not the best of people because of the tone of everything you were saying. This site is supposed to be a tool that everyone can use to help each other. Nothing you said was helpful or needed. No one here is going to give you any respect when you rant like that and then lie on top of it so people won't be mad at you.

Yea I actually do share the computer, I didn't think anyone would believe me, because people just love to jump on the bad guy right?...So I chose to approach it from a more reasonable direction, while I'm not so adamant in my beliefs on the MCAT, i do think it serves a function does it not? Or else why even make us take this test? Im also not here to garner any respect from you, Im secure with who I'am and dont need your input. Me and my roomates, all pre-med, have been discussing it for ages, Im just the only
My tone makes you think Im not the best of people? What does that mean? You have no idea who I'am or what kind of person I'am, Im a bad person for expressing suprise at 25 and lower MCAT scores being accepted? Of course I dont know the applicant other than that, but still its suprising to me, I never said they were any worse than me or that they won't be good doctors. Did you even read my newest post? I deleted the posts because I realized how arrogant they were, I have already apologized, what else would you like me to do?

You've defaulted to the Weiner excuse? Its sad how you expect prospective doctors to believe the garbage you're spewing.

Yea I actually do share the computer, I didn't think anyone would believe me, because people just love to jump on the bad guy right?...So I chose to approach it from a more reasonable direction, while I'm not so adamant in my beliefs on the MCAT, i do think it serves a function does it not? Or else why even make us take this test? Im also not here to garner any respect from you, Im secure with who I'am and dont need your input. Me and my roomates, all pre-med, have been discussing it for ages, Im just the only
My tone makes you think Im not the best of people? What does that mean? You have no idea who I'am or what kind of person I'am, Im a bad person for expressing suprise at 25 and lower MCAT scores being accepted? Of course I dont know the applicant other than that, but still its suprising to me, I never said they were any worse than me or that they won't be good doctors. Did you even read my newest post? I deleted the posts because I realized how arrogant they were, I have already apologized, what else would you like me to do?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that people came to the conclusion that you're not the best of people because of the tone of everything you were saying. This site is supposed to be a tool that everyone can use to help each other. Nothing you said was helpful or needed. No one here is going to give you any respect when you rant like that and then lie on top of it so people won't be mad at you.

Well said Nav! for a second I thought my post was too harsh, but thanks for reaffirming all of my prior thoughts, this is nuts and i'm not wasting much more time on this person. He's totally putting a damper on this forum, pretty sad. But anyways best of luck to you Nav and to all of the other optimistic, supportive, and REAL people on here! :thumbup:

Wow. This forum turned serious all of a sudden. I understand your frustration and the school interviews till April.

As for the MCAT, my class ranges from 24-41 with an average at 27. I am friends with someone that got a 24 on the MCAT and that individual has honored (Top 10% of the class) for every system. That person may be the exception you mention about, but alas this is a case where the MCAT score does not adequately reflect the charter and hard work that this individual puts forth into school.

Lets all try to stay positive and helpful. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

I interviewed on 1/17/12.I called today to see if I can get an update. I was told that a decision has not been made yet and that I can not get a time frame. I am getting really discouraged as to how a school can make you wait so long for a decision, whether it be acceptance, waitlist, or rejection, especially after having an interview. \Does anyone who is currently a student or knowledgable on the NYCOM admission process know what this means? Does it mean you are not being outrightly accepted? Does it mean that you are being waitlisted, but have not been informed yet? What does it mean. Someone here interviewed on 1/12 and still has not heard, while someone who interviewed on 1/18 received their acceptance letter. Any clarification on this would be helpful. Thank you.

I interviewed on 1/17/12.I called today to see if I can get an update. I was told that a decision has not been made yet and that I can not get a time frame. I am getting really discouraged as to how a school can make you wait so long for a decision, whether it be acceptance, waitlist, or rejection, especially after having an interview. \Does anyone who is currently a student or knowledgable on the NYCOM admission process know what this means? Does it mean you are not being outrightly accepted? Does it mean that you are being waitlisted, but have not been informed yet? What does it mean. Someone here interviewed on 1/12 and still has not heard, while someone who interviewed on 1/18 received their acceptance letter. Any clarification on this would be helpful. Thank you.
I know many students who got in this year. Most of the time they take about a month or a month and a half to give you the decision. If you are waitlisted, they do not let you know (last time I heard, someone who interviewed in november, kept on calling and finally found out in april that they were in the waiting list, this was from last year). But then again, they might have improved. I am sure you would get in, NYCOM is one of those schools which is especially slow with its decision. I know its frustrating because I am on the same boat as you but I am hoping and praying that everything would turn out okay. Think positive. Don't worry I am sure you'll be fine. Hopefully my reply makes you feel a little better. Good Luck :)

:(