Official 2014 UC Post-Bacc Consortium Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't mention it, we're all in this together. Besides being in the late bunch is better than not being considered at all. =] Didn't you apply to UCSD also? How did that go?
That is true :) I applied had an interview and all the applicants are waiting on admissions decisions at the moment. Hopefully sometime early next week.

Members don't see this ad.

Well I wish you the best of luck!!! Hopefully you hear positive news soon! :)

Letters of recommendation through Interfolio aren't accepted. They must be sent directly from the source.

So I was confused about that "must be sent directly from the source" statement. I believe it was on the application instruction page that it said must be sent directly from the source, but then in the Q&A part, it said directly from the source, or the applicant could collect the documents and send them together as long as the letters were sealed, and that's what I did for my last two letters. So I would be really disappointed if they didn't accept my letter! lol they better!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I was confused about that "must be sent directly from the source" statement. I believe it was on the application instruction page that it said must be sent directly from the source, but then in the Q&A part, it said directly from the source, or the applicant could collect the documents and send them together as long as the letters were sealed, and that's what I did for my last two letters. So I would be really disappointed if they didn't accept my letter! lol they better!
That's what I did and they accepted them so you should be fine. =]

On a different note, I received an email from UCSF yesterday inviting me to interview!!! I am scheduled for an interview 4/24/2014. Super excited! If anyone is interested, my application was complete 3/10/14. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 1 users
On a different note, I received an email from UCSF yesterday inviting me to interview!!! I am scheduled for an interview 4/24/2014. Super excited! If anyone is interested, my application was complete 3/10/14. Good luck guys!
Congratulations, that's one of my top choices! Do you mind sharing your stats? No worries if you are not.

Are application due today, April 9 by noon PST? or before midnight by PST? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
On the website for frequently asked question it says, "Applications and all supporting materials are due at 12pm (PDT) on deadline dates." I will submit it before noon PST just to be on the safe side. Thank you for your response!

O another question! I did not do any research at all so would I have to necessarily put anything in that essay question?

O another question! I did not do any research at all so would I have to necessarily put anything in that essay question?
If you have no research experience I do not believe it is a mandatory essay. Atleast put n/a so they you know you didn't just forget

Okay, will do! Thank you for all your help! Good luck on all the program you apply to!

:hello: Joining in this discussion. I had posted on another thread, but I wanted to chime in on this one too :)

I sent my application yesterday and I'm patiently waiting with all of you... good luck to us all and let's keep the hope alive! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 user
:hello: Joining in this discussion. I had posted on another thread, but I wanted to chime in on this one too :)

I sent my application yesterday and I'm patiently waiting with all of you... good luck to us all and let's keep the hope alive! :soexcited:
When did you get all of your letters in?

Welcome MD_Inspired! I hope you made the deadline. Good luck!

When did you get all of your letters in?

I had mailed my transcripts and letters about 2 weeks ago and completed my online application yesterday. Though, I still don't have verification dates on my online application.

Welcome MD_Inspired! I hope you made the deadline. Good luck!

Thanks! And, I am there with you buddy! I hope all of my stuff make it on time. GL to you too!!! :)

I submitted two this past Friday and overnighted the third one on Monday. I decided to apply less than a week ago, hopefully it gets through

Are you guys applying to any other programs? Outside of Cali or Cal-states?

So I've been doing some research in past threads and I noticed that in the past "rolling admissions" wasn't strictly followed so those who applied later might not be at a disadvantage as we might have thought. One student stated that an admissions director said that they look at an applicants credentials not the application date. I hope this helps relieve any "application date" anxiety. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Are you guys applying to any other programs? Outside of Cali or Cal-states?
I did! I applied to the University of South Carolina's Bio-medical program, Mercer University in Georgia, their Preclinical Sciences program, and Mississippi College, Masters in Medical Science program. They're all really great programs as well.

Did you?

Don't mention it, we're all in this together. Besides being in the late bunch is better than not being considered at all. =] Didn't you apply to UCSD also? How did that go?
I sent my LOR via interfolio and it was accepted just fine. Just make sure you call the consortium office and clear it with them first and follow-up on whether they got the letter confirmation electronically.

I did! I applied to the University of South Carolina's Bio-medical program, Mercer University in Georgia, their Preclinical Sciences program, and Mississippi College, Masters in Medical Science program. They're all really great programs as well.

Did you?
I only applied to the UC's. I have not taken my MCAT so I am not able to apply to many of the Master's in Medical Science Programs

Has anyone been verified with "date received" on their online application?

To keep a small tracker, it would be great if we follow this template:

Date applied:
Date verified/received:
Application sent to:
Interview offer/date:
Acceptance:

I will go ahead and start:

Date applied: 04/04/14
Date verified/received: Still none
Application sent to: UCD, UCSF, and UCR
Interview offer/date: Still none -- hoping for at least one soon! :)
Acceptance: Still none

Last edited:
Hi! I just got accepted to UCSD's post bacc for 2014, any one else on here planning to attend? Also have an interview at UCI's post bacc coming up! Any advice on that?

Date applied: March 18th
Date verified/received: still pending (1 LOR missing and resent)
Application sent to:UCI,UCR,UCD,UCSF, {UCSD (out of consortium)}
Interview offer/date:
UCSD: March 24th
Acceptance:
UCSD: April 11th

Date applied: January 14th
Date verified/received: March 10th
Application sent to: UCD, UCSF, UCR, UCI, UCLA
Interview offer/date: UCSF: April 24th
Acceptance: TBD

Last edited:
Date applied: 3/14/14
Date verified/received: 4/7/14
Application sent to:UCI,UCR,UCD,UCSF, {& UCSD (out of consortium)}
Interview offer/date: UCSD: 3/20. UCI: 4/23
Acceptance: UCSD

Hi everyone, I have been looking at two other forums and just learned about this one!
I have been flipping out about my LoRs, I submitted my application on time for the UCI priority deadline,
but my last LoR didn't make it until April 2. Having read that the date post marked is what matters certainly puts
me at a bit of ease.

Best of Luck to everyone!

Date applied: March 14th
Date verified/received: April 2nd
Application sent to: UCD, UCI, UCR, & UCSF
Interview offer/date:TBD

I only applied to the UC's. I have not taken my MCAT so I am not able to apply to many of the Master's in Medical Science Programs

I take my MCAT next week! I'm so nervous!! I hope things come through with the UCs in case my MCAT is not good!

Hi!! What are the other two forums? Also, did you apply to UCSD's post bacc too?

Hi everyone, I have been looking at two other forums and just learned about this one!
I have been flipping out about my LoRs, I submitted my application on time for the UCI priority deadline,
but my last LoR didn't make it until April 2. Having read that the date post marked is what matters certainly puts
me at a bit of ease.

Best of Luck to everyone!

Date applied: March 14th
Date verified/received: April 2nd
Application sent to: UCD, UCI, UCR, & UCSF
Interview offer/date:TBD

Date Applied:04/01/14
Dated verified/received: still pending (waiting on one letter to be verified, it should be there!)
Application sent to: UCD, UCR, UCSF
Interview offer/date: TBD

A part of me is nervous, I know my last letter should be there by now, and I wondering did my recommender put that Statement of Confidentiality paper with it! I haven't spoken with her yet so idk!

Has anyone heard back from UCI? I know it's only been a week since the other programs barely had their deadline.

Has anyone heard back from UCI? I know it's only been a week since the other programs barely had their deadline.
Someone on a different thread posted they had an upcoming interview with UCI. The URL posted by Stephers will take you to that thread. =]

Very grateful to be in the position that I am in. The Davis team is wonderful. Currently waitlisted at a DO school and pending another decision post-interview at another DO school but...

Date applied: Mid-January
Date verified/received: ~ February 1st
Application sent to: UCR, UCI, UCSF, UCD
Interview offer/date: UCD, 4/8/14
Acceptance: UCD, 4/8/14

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats futuredochopeful and everyone who got accepted so far!!

Reactions: 1 users
Very grateful to be in the position that I am in. The Davis team is wonderful. Currently waitlisted at a DO school and pending another decision post-interview at another DO school but...

Date applied: Mid-January
Date verified/received: ~ February 1st
Application sent to: UCR, UCI, UCSF, UCD
Interview offer/date: UCD, 4/8/14
Acceptance: UCD, 4/8/14
Interviewed and accepted same day?