Official 2014 UC Post-Bacc Consortium Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations, that's amazing! Would you feel comfortable posting your stats?
Absolutely, I'm sitting at about a little lower than a 3.2 and I got a 28 MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm getting really anxious and impatient... :zip:haha. LOL... still no update on my online application.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm getting really anxious and impatient... :zip:haha. LOL... still no update on my online application.

Me too, I check it like every other hour lol I'm optimistic everything will go well for all of us, hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone best of luck! New to the site. Applying to UCR UCSF UCD

Does anyone know how long it's currently taking for the consortium office to upload files? My transcripts that were postmarked 26/27 of March are still not showing up! Also, does anyone know if schools will even look at applications if they are still missing transcripts?

Does anyone know how long it's currently taking for the consortium office to upload files? My transcripts that were postmarked 26/27 of March are still not showing up! Also, does anyone know if schools will even look at applications if they are still missing transcripts?
It can take up to ten days. You should call and make sure they were recieved

I called last week and was basically told that there is no way for him to check through the stacks of mail to see if mine are in there...
That's what they kept telling me, you can call the school that sent them and find out when they actually went out or call the consortium again.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's what they kept telling me, you can call the school that sent them and find out when they actually went out or call the consortium again.
Thanks! I've called the schools and all of them were sent out on the 26th/27th of March…I wish this whole process was electronic. Guess I'll just wait. I only applied to UCI and their due date was April 1st..don't think I have a chance anymore this year since they are likely almost finished filling up the class.

Hi guys! I just joined, and I applied to UC Post Bacc too. I was getting a little worried about my materials not being submitted yet, and I am still awaiting two LOR. I just called and they said that the while the letters are to massive to look through, they should be all uploaded by this friday!

Hi guys! I just joined, and I applied to UC Post Bacc too. I was getting a little worried about my materials not being submitted yet, and I am still awaiting two LOR. I just called and they said that the while the letters are to massive to look through, they should be all uploaded by this friday!
That's good news thanks! Good luck!

This is good to hear! I was getting/ still am worried about one of my letters! Lol Hopefully we'll see something soon!!

Hey everyone I just checked and my application is complete!!!! I submitted April 8th. Just FYI 2 of my LOR were uploaded yesterday and the last one was uploaded today. The last one that was uploaded I know was the first person to send my LOR so don't despair lol they should now all be uploaded. Also I submitted my transcript back in March 25th and they didn't post till April 16th. Best of luck everyone!

Submitted my UC Postbacc app as of last night/this morning. Still waiting on a last LOR and transcript! Applied to UCD, UCLA, UCSF, and UCR. GL everyone

Hey folks I just talked to UCI!

They have given out a fair number of interviews and have accepted some of those. They operate with a rolling admissions and will look at completed applications until the end of April.

That falls in line with what was on a previous thread, I believe someone said they were not contacted for an interview until mid May. They are not done with filling the 2014-2015 class and have many many applications to review.

So if any of you are UCI hopefuls (like me) there is surely a chance !

Good luck to everyone !

Hey everyone I just checked and my application is complete!!!! I submitted April 8th. Just FYI 2 of my LOR were uploaded yesterday and the last one was uploaded today. The last one that was uploaded I know was the first person to send my LOR so don't despair lol they should now all be uploaded. Also I submitted my transcript back in March 25th and they didn't post till April 16th. Best of luck everyone!

Woohooo! Now that you are complete, I'm sure you are super anxious about interview invites :) hehhe.. Gluck to you too!!! I'm still patiently waiting for mine to be complete.

Submitted my UC Postbacc app as of last night/this morning. Still waiting on a last LOR and transcript! Applied to UCD, UCLA, UCSF, and UCR. GL everyone

Are you applying as a re-applicant? I believe first-timers were due on April 9th.

Hey folks I just talked to UCI!

They have given out a fair number of interviews and have accepted some of those. They operate with a rolling admissions and will look at completed applications until the end of April.

That falls in line with what was on a previous thread, I believe someone said they were not contacted for an interview until mid May. They are not done with filling the 2014-2015 class and have many many applications to review.

So if any of you are UCI hopefuls (like me) there is surely a chance !

Good luck to everyone !

Out of curiosity, do you know if UCI will still consider people who applied after the UCI priority deadline? You mentioned they're on rolling admission, so I was curious to know if they do. Thanks! :)

Are you applying as a re-applicant? I believe first-timers were due on April 9th.
Yeah, I'm applying as a reapplicant. I applied this past cycle, got 5 II that led to 3 WLs and 2 pending decisions, and I likely won't know about any acceptances until late May. The postbacc program is one of my few back up plans in case I don't get in this time!

Hey everyone,
New to this site! I recently have had an interview at UCI and am anxiously waiting to hear back :) fingers crossed!

P.S ignore the misspelled name above haha. I prefer decaf anyway ;)

Hey everyone,
New to this site! I recently have had an interview at UCI and am anxiously waiting to hear back :) fingers crossed!

P.S ignore the misspelled name above haha. I prefer decaf anyway ;)
How was your interview? Any tips on what they asked?

I think it went well. However, I know that there are many qualified applicants so I am just hoping for the best! The questions were all pretty basic: "Why do you want to be a doctor?" "Why a post-bacc" "What are your strengths and weaknesses"...

They also give you a little time before you enter to review what they are asking you. Very nice and professional people :)

And congrats on your acceptance to UCSD!

Last edited:
I think it well. However, I know that there are many qualified applicants so I am just hoping for the best! The questions were all pretty basic: "Why do you want to be a doctor?" "Why a post-bacc" "What are your strengths and weaknesses"...

They also give you a little time before you enter to review what they are asking you. Very nice and professional people :)

And congrats on your acceptance to UCSD!
Thank you and good luck on this application cycle!

Yeah, I'm applying as a reapplicant. I applied this past cycle, got 5 II that led to 3 WLs and 2 pending decisions, and I likely won't know about any acceptances until late May. The postbacc program is one of my few back up plans in case I don't get in this time!

I'm crossing my fingers for you. I hope you get into one of those med school programs since postbacc is a HUGE investment in time and $$$$$$$$.

It can take up to ten days. You should call and make sure they were recieved
Did they say all letters or all documents would be uploaded by this friday? My transcripts still haven't been uploaded and they were postmarked 26/27 of march! yikes!

Did they say all letters or all documents would be uploaded by this friday? My transcripts still haven't been uploaded and they were postmarked 26/27 of march! yikes!

I still have a letter that hasn't been uploaded so I hope they're not done lol because like you I sent mine off a while a go too. I think if we don't see anything Monday we should call and see what's going on.

I still have a letter that hasn't been uploaded so I hope they're not done lol because like you I sent mine off a while a go too. I think if we don't see anything Monday we should call and see what's going on.
I tried to call today but there was no answer - wonder if they were off today? Does anyone know how the postbac programs view re-applicants (as in if I don't get in this year because I'm so late in the game can I reapply next year?)

I think you should give them a call on Monday. I had two LORs sent through regular postage on April 3rd and were uploaded today. I had my official transcript and third LOR both overnighted on April 7th and 8th respectively. These too were uploaded sometime today.

I think you should give them a call on Monday. I had two LORs sent through regular postage on April 3rd and were uploaded today. I had my official transcript and third LOR both overnighted on April 7th and 8th respectively. These too were uploaded sometime today.

Ok, thanks! Uhh that's makes me nervous! I'm calling first thing Monday!

MD_Inspired
I did not ask about priority applicants, but the person I spoke with only comments on the revision of applications was that their goal was to finish in the next week.

My application was completed yesterday. So I guess they went to work on a Saturday and did some.

Update on my apps:

After sending my application on March 9, I just heard back from UCI. I "was not selected" to be apart of their program.

Oh well. Still waiting on UCR, UCD, and UCSF. Fingers crossed for at least one. UCR is first choice due to location.

I hope everyone else is getting what they want :) I just thought I would let you know that after 1.5 months, I finally heard something (even though it wasn't what I wanted).

Hey future_do,
Thanks for the update. I wouldn't get too down on the having to wait. I've noticed from previous threads that many applicant receive notifications up until late may even early June. Sorry to hear about uci but wishing you the best of luck for the other UCs! :)

mine went complete this weekend! :thumbup: So, I can finally update my list...

Date applied: 04/04/14
Date verified/received: 04/19/14
Application sent to: UCD, UCSF, and UCR
Interview offer/date: Still crossing my fingers for at least one soon! :nod::nod:
Acceptance: ...hoping for interview offer first :)

Here's hoping the best for everyone! Application deemed "complete" on March 31st, still awaiting a response!

Hii! Has anyone interviewed for UCSF's post bacc here? If so, any tips? :)

Hii! Has anyone interviewed for UCSF's post bacc here? If so, any tips? :)
I had my interview yesterday. Just be yourself, know your story and you will be fine. Expect the common questions (i.e. weakness/strengths, why medicine, why you, etc.) A quick Google search of common interview questions will be helpful. Congratulations on your interview invite!

Date applied: 04/01/14
Date verified/received: 04/03/14
Application sent to: UCI, UCD, UCSF, and UCR
Interview offer/date: UCI (4/24/14) / UCSF (5/6/14)
Acceptance: UCI ( 4/25/14)

Would you guys mind stating your stats? Congrats on your interview! Hope it went well.

Congrats on getting an interview and acceptance to uci

Would you guys mind stating your stats? Congrats on your interview! Hope it went well.

UCSD 3.2
sGPA 2.91
Haven't taken MCAT.
Think they really liked I have a 3.9 all upper div science courses my senior year (similar classes I will take in Post-Bacc) and my story.

Thanks! I have a 3.27 sGPA and 3.4 cGPA. With a 4.0 GPA in my last three semesters (16 units, all upper div science classes). Speaking to the admissions directors it really depends on your story. Unfortunately there aren't enough spots for all the qualified applicants, but don't lose faith!

Does anyone know if UCI typically calls or emails for interview invites? Thanks!

Well isn't that lovely news for a monday morning…thanks!
Would you rather know later or now?

I would rather be put out of the misery of waiting around and move on with a back up plan.