**Official 2021 Pedo PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have information on children hospital of Michigan?
I applied there, and I thought they were non-match so I’m surprised to see them show up on the list here. In past years they did their interviewing in the fall, so it’s definitely weird this year.

I wasn’t able to find much info at all on them. Just some basic stuff I got during my initial round of research.
They take 4 residents. It’s a 24 month hospital based certificate program. No tuition; stipend about 55k or so per year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied there, and I thought they were non-match so I’m surprised to see them show up on the list here. In past years they did their interviewing in the fall, so it’s definitely weird this year.

I wasn’t able to find much info at all on them. Just some basic stuff I got during my initial round of research.
They take 4 residents. It’s a 24 month hospital based certificate program. No tuition; stipend about 55k or so per year.
Thank you. I couldn’t find much information about this program either besides information posted on AAPD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to all who matched! All the best in your residencies :)
I didn't match this year. I was thinking about the Huoston program in the post-match. Can anyone provide any info/experiences about the program?
Much appreciated!

I got matched!
Congratulations to all who get matched, and also to those who didn't get matched, I think all of us had done our best and it's what we need to give ourselves a big hand!!! It was sometimes just fortune for the result, and it did not mean those who didn't get matched aren't good enough. So keep on going!!!! I think this cycle has a lot of post-match positions!! The game is not over, hope to know the good news of everyone later!!!

Also, I would really want to thank everyone on SDN, we are just like a family sharing all the news and most importantly, encourage each other during the long run. I hope everyone will find the best place to go and believe in ourselves that no matter what the result is, we are good enough to earn a bright future!

Reactions: 11 users

Sooo let me get this straight... you ( and probably many others!!) paid the fees to apply to this program... just for them to not review any applications until after the match. Obviously, it doesn't matter for some because they match, but its annoying to think of an application fee paid for nothing... my dental school loan stress alarm is ringing. Just take all my $$$ ADEA PASS/ADA/CDCA/any other dental entity

Reactions: 2 users
I matched!!!🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾

Can someone post this year’s post match positions so that next year’s applicants can have an idea of what to expect as we have done on this form historically.

I matched!!!🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾

Can someone post this year’s post match positions so that next year’s applicants can have an idea of what to expect as we have done on this form historically.
Post #943

Reactions: 1 user
Wow there’s a lot of spots. I’m surprised about Houston.

Yea it's a bit more than prior years. If you're doing it, good luck! I'm not doing it, but I heard St. Joseph's in NJ is a good program

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone trying to post match to any of the NYU Langone programs, specifically the Tampa FL location? If so, are you doing anything more than the survey they want us to submit?

Did anyone apply to post match positions and hear back?
I'm attempting to post match but I've just gotten an email back from the Michigan program saying that they are selecting candidates based on their PASS applications and will reach out later this week or early next week if you're chosen. So I hurry and submitted my PASS application to them (another $89) so that they could view it because I didn't originally apply there. Maryland University said they are reviewing CV's and will get back to us after they are done going through them.

I'm attempting to post match but I've just gotten an email back from the Michigan program saying that they are selecting candidates based on their PASS applications and will reach out later this week or early next week if you're chosen. So I hurry and submitted my PASS application to them (another $89) so that they could view it because I didn't originally apply there. Maryland University said they are reviewing CV's and will get back to us after they are done going through them.
I received the Maryland also.
Will anyone be applying to GPR or AEGD if post match proves unsuccessful? Is anyone applying to GPR concurrently with PEDS?

Anyone trying to post match to any of the NYU Langone programs, specifically the Tampa FL location? If so, are you doing anything more than the survey they want us to submit?
I’m trying to get into the FL site and completed the survey. I spoke with the coordinator and she said that’s all we need to do at this time is to complete the survey and send the PASS application if you haven’t applied.

I’m trying to submit my PASS application to Children Hospital of Michigan but it is not allowing me to submit. Am I doing something wrong?

I am trying to submit my pass application to program sites that I did not originally apply to, and the pass is not letting me submit also. Not sure what I am doing wrong? Does anyone have luck with this?

I’m trying to submit my PASS application to Children Hospital of Michigan but it is not allowing me to submit. Am I doing something wrong?
Nevermind I figured it out. I had to submit the personal statement before sending the application off. Hopefully this will help someone.

Who emailed you from Michigan? Because I emailed them but got no replies from them.

What are the chances of being post-match in a program that you’ve only applied to but didn’t get an interview at?

What are the chances of being post-match in a program that you’ve only applied to but didn’t get an interview at?
I would say try!! These programs could only interview so many applicants, but cant talk to every single one they like in the pre-match due to time constraints.

Congratulations to everyone who matched!
To anyone applying/re-applying to peds, I encourage you to join the new Pre-Pediatric Dentistry Virtual Group on Facebook (Facebook Groups)

People in the group can participate in the virtual volunteering opportunities I have set up with elementary schools in my county, a childcare facility for low income children and a non-profit for at-risk youth as I know volunteering at this time may be challenging.

I've worked with students across all specialties transforming personal statements and conducting mock interviews, and I'm looking forward to working with even more.

I hope to meet some of you there!

Last edited by a moderator:
To anyone applying/re-applying to peds, I encourage you to join the new Pre-Pediatric Dentistry Virtual Group on Facebook (Facebook Groups)

I recently wrote an ebook, The Big Guide to Applying to Residency for Little Teeth, and it includes information on how to create the best application possible with examples of how to write better CV and PASS activity descriptions. I walk through the process of transforming a personal statement with specific examples. I wrote 18 open-ended questions to guide writing your personal statement and 100 questions, organized by different categories (sedation, OR experience, transition to residency, autonomy and support, etc.) that are great to ask at externships and interviews.

People in the group can participate in the virtual volunteering opportunities I have set up with elementary schools in my county, a childcare facility for low income children and a non-profit for at-risk youth as I know volunteering at this time may be challenging.

I've worked with students across all specialties transforming personal statements and conducting mock interviews, and I'm looking forward to working with even more.

The guide is completely free and available for download upon joining the group.

Hey guys!
I am living proof that this guide and her services were crucial to my application process and me getting into residency. I came to @pedsdentist123 with my personal statement and no interview experience. She met with me virtually, asked the important questions to better understand me and what I was trying to convey in my personal statement and completely transformed my personal statement. After submitting my application, I secured 9 interviews and accepted 8. Prior to interviews, we met again virtually for a mock interview and the questions asked during the mock interview, were spot on or very similar with the questions I received In my interviews. I left the mock interview with valuable tips and an immense amount of confidence. My sessions were so impacting that during my interviews I recieved so much praise about my personal statement and interview demeanor. None of this would have been possible without @pedsdentist123 . I highly recommend her services and share this with ALL specialty applicants that I can. I matched to the program of my dreams and I was a first time applicant!

You will not regret it. Tell her @pedo1113 sent you!!

I’m a bit confused if you matched is there anything else that you need to do? I don’t want my offer to go away. Lol! Paranoid.

There should be a confirmtaion letter coming from school by Jan 29th per email from Match. I also contacted the PD.

Did anyone apply to post match positions and hear back?
I post-matched on Wednesday to Saint Joseph’s.

Congrats to everyone who participated in this cycle. We all made it through 2020 whether as residents, in private practice, doctoral candidates, or some other clinical context.

Congrats to all who matched! For those who didn't match in a previous year and did match this year (or for anyone who's down to dish out some tips), any insight on how to improve your application for the next cycle? Anything you did differently? Any info is appreciated!

I recently wrote an ebook, The Big Guide to Applying to Residency for Little Teeth, and it includes information on how to create the best application possible with examples of how to write better CV and PASS activity descriptions. I walk through the process of transforming a personal statement with specific examples. I wrote 18 open-ended questions to guide writing your personal statement and 100 questions, organized by different categories (sedation, OR experience, transition to residency, autonomy and support, etc.) that are great to ask at externships and interviews.

The guide is completely free and available for download upon joining the group.

This ebook is a great resource for bolstering your application and keeping organized throughout the process!! I am thankful to have it as I start putting my application together for the coming cycle! :)) Thank you @pedsdentist123!

NYU Langone Brooklyn did? I thought the deadline to submit to NYU Langone programs with post-match spots was today, January 27?
Yes, the deadline is today. Which means they must have been reviewing applications as soon as they rolled in.

Yes, the deadline is today. Which means they must have been reviewing applications as soon as they rolled in.
Honestly I visited the Brooklyn site last year and the hours are insane. Its basically 7am to 7pm everyday

• Wow