**Official 2021 Pedo PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone šŸ˜Š

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 15 users
Is anyone else torn between refreshing their email spasmodically and being afraid to look?

I canā€™t decide if I want to be sitting in front of my inbox or hiding under the a blanket. (Shrug)

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else torn between refreshing their email spasmodically and being afraid to look?

I canā€™t decide if I want to be sitting in front of my inbox or hiding under the a blanket. (Shrug)
Iā€™m too scared to look!

Reactions: 2 users

3 MINUTES!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I've been up since 230...
NOTHING, my heart is about to explode, I'm waiting for the e-mail and too scared to check the portal lol
Website said emails by 11....
Got an email with a match!
I matched!!

Reactions: 7 users
I matched!! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
I didnā€™t match. But I went in thinking I wonā€™t. Maybe next year will be better!

Marched to my first choice. Iā€™m in shock but happy but in shock and now I need a nap.

Reactions: 15 users
I matched!
Congratulations to everyone who matched!!

Reactions: 8 users
Honestly to anyone who did not match try again! Most of my interviews were very happy that I applied again after not matching the previous year.

Reactions: 14 users
Wooooo I matched to my top choice! I only had 3 interviews and this was my first time applying so quality over quantity always matters

Reactions: 10 users
Congratulations to everyone who matchedšŸŽ‰

Let's get this thread going...

Program Matched:
Dental School Attended:
Year Earned DMD/DDS:
International Student (yes/no):
NBME scores:
Class Ranking/Size:
Externship(s)/where:
Research:
Extracurriculars:
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked/Ranked position:

I didn't match. Anticipated this happening. Congrats to those that did!

I didnā€™t match either. I should have ranked more than 1 program but either way, this process showed me I have supportive family and co-workers / bosses (who wrote me letters). Iā€™m glad to see some familiar names on here who have matched :) Iā€™m vicariously celebrating with you all!

Reactions: 10 users
Matched to my #1! Second time applicant, decided to work at a community clinic for a year after graduating, had a lousy 3.27 GPA (my school doesn't rank tho, thank god), applied to 28 schools, 4 interviews and matched at my #1.

If you're really passionate about this field and want to specialize, don't give up and you will make it. Apply broadly and strategically (programs that accept more residents, maybe ones that are "less competitive" because they require tuition or are in rural areas, etc). Remember it's just for 2 years. Always remember though that you can still be happy and work with children without specializing, it's not the end all be all. Many people would love a job as a general dentist - good hours making 2x more than the average American and helping people improve their health/lives - the rest is just icing on the cake. Congratulations to those who matched! For those who didn't, postmatch opens in 30 mins! It's not over until it's over~~

Reactions: 2 users
How do I apply for post match? Do I need to do something on my ADEA application to release my application so post match programs can access my application with my recommendation letters?

How do I apply for post match? Do I need to do something on my ADEA application to release my application so post match programs can access my application with my recommendation letters?
When you see what programs are available during post match, look up the PD or coordinator's email and send them your PASS application + letter of intent or cover letter. They may ask for more but just get your foot in the door. I've heard some people call but I think the lines just get all jammed up, I think emails are probably better

Post-match spots

Attachments

• C7F3F1ED-3810-48DD-B8C5-23A3396AA1DA.jpeg
    C7F3F1ED-3810-48DD-B8C5-23A3396AA1DA.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 923
Matched to my first choice!. Congratulations everyone who matched. What a journey it has been this cycle and I'm glad I dont have to refresh this page every few hours anymore lol.

Reactions: 6 users
When you see what programs are available during post match, look up the PD or coordinator's email and send them your PASS application + letter of intent or cover letter. They may ask for more but just get your foot in the door. I've heard some people call but I think the lines just get all jammed up, I think emails are probably better
How do we email someone our PASS Application? Or do we just give them our Application ID?

How do we email someone our PASS Application? Or do we just give them our Application ID?

If you didn't already apply to the programs you just add them from PASS like you would before match. Email the program and let them know you sent thr application

Anyone going to San Diego? Can't wait!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to all those matched and those that are going to post match! I did not match this cycle, but I was truly honored to learn how my application was supported by people I worked with and have been my mentors and my the SDN community! It is comforting for me to know that I have a strong support group and gives me hope for next cycle! Cheers!

Reactions: 12 users