**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2011-2012**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nova Interview!!! :soexcited: And have been on hold for the last 10 minutes...

Nice stats, homie.

How the heck am I ever getting into dental school when I'm up against this kinda thing!? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Nova interview, Ill have to call tomorrow to schedule!

AA 20
TS 20
PAT 25
sGPA 3.9
GPA 3.89

Members don't see this ad :)
Nova called me today. Thought I was getting an interview call. Nope. They asked where my LOR's were at. Sent them 3 weeks ago... awesome. :confused:

interesting...my dates are 9/22 9/23 9/30 and I choose 9/23.

hmmm the lady told me 9/14 only :/ My cousin is coming from Russia that i havent seen in like 20 years on 9/13 and i asked her for a later date but she said 9/14 or the next is 10/20 lol

Maybe dates are depends on home location... My mom is leaving the States on 9/11, so I am semi-free after that :)

Very nice guys! To the Nova people, do you guys mind sharing your stats if you don't have predents?

AA 22 TS 22 PAT 20 RC 19
BCP 3.80 sGPA 3.86 oGPA 3.85
Second year applying. Didn't get any interview last year. TX resident.
I apply to OOS private schools this year...(gave up on public or in-state only)

Maybe dates are depends on home location... My mom is leaving the States on 9/11, so I am semi-free after that :)

AA 22 TS 22 PAT 20 RC 19
BCP 3.80 sGPA 3.86 oGPA 3.85
Second year applying. Didn't get any interview last year. TX resident.
I apply to OOS private schools this year...(gave up on public or in-state only)

Wow, did you apply last year with those stats? I am very surprised you didn't get any interviews with that GPA, even if you had lower DAT scores. Would be even more surprised if you applied with these DAT scores and GPA and didn't get an interview.

so i havent heard anything from temple/Uconn...not even a secondary from temple...does that mean a rejection? I would assume its in temple's best interest to send me just a secondary application if they want the application fee lol

so i havent heard anything from temple/Uconn...not even a secondary from temple...does that mean a rejection? I would assume its in temple's best interest to send me just a secondary application if they want the application fee lol

In the same boat for Temple. Not even a whisper. My app was mailed out 7/22

mine was 7/04 the second batch :scared::scared::scared:

Mine was with the first batch on 6/27 and only received the secondary/fee request on July 28th. Some schools might take longer to process applications than others. I know the wait is nerve wracking for all of us, but we just have to be patient.

Wow, did you apply last year with those stats? I am very surprised you didn't get any interviews with that GPA, even if you had lower DAT scores. Would be even more surprised if you applied with these DAT scores and GPA and didn't get an interview.

Yes. Same stats last year, but I only applied to TX dental schools and a few public & OOS unfriendly schools (UCLA, UW...etc.). Was hoping for TX's interview to show up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nova interview invite via email! I was in first batch (6/27)
scheduled for 9/14 :)

Last edited:
just wondering..
when do Penn and Colum start giving out interview invites?
haven't heard anything from them

I just checked my e-mail after I got home from work and I got a Nova interview! I was in the 7/4 batch and this is my first one. Congrats to everyone!

If you are wondering my stats are
19/19/18 oGPA 3.73 sGPA 3.65
FL Resident

No word from NOVA :(. I'm in the 7/4 mailing batch.

Last edited:
I was wondering for those who applied to UMDNJ and got the email to send them the check...did they cash it yet? I sent it on the 23rd lol

mine was 7/04 the second batch :scared::scared::scared:

7/4 batch too and not a peep from Temple yet :laugh:

Also for the people asking about columbia... I believe they should start sending out invites on the 15th but that's just my prediction. Although I was highly confused as to why they sent me 3 confirmation emails....
7/8 - Receipt of Supplemental Application Fee
7/18 - Acknowledgement Receipt of Supplemental Application Fee
7/18 - Application Received

NOVA interview offer! I need to call tomorrow morning to set it up. It looks like they are grouping people into groups for their interview dates. I wonder why?

Also, for those asking about the stats:

AA: 21
TS: 21
PAT: 23
sGPA: 3.95
GPA: 3.92

Good luck everyone :thumbup:

Got an interview invite for Nova today - very excited! Scheduled the interview for 9/16. This is my second interview invitation for this cycle; I also have one at Midwestern, AZ on 9/21. I applied in 2009 as well and only received one interview (UF) and did not get accepted. Got my Master's degree and now am applying again, and things seem to be going better this time around. Hopefully the good news continues!

:D

NOVA interview invite
AA: 21 TS: 21 PAT: 25
sGPA: 3.34
GPA: 3.32
Good luck to everyone!

I just received an interview invite to Nova today via email.

DAT: AA 18/TS 19/PAT 22
ogpa: 3.9
sgpa: 4.0

Last edited:
I was wondering for those who applied to UMDNJ and got the email to send them the check...did they cash it yet? I sent it on the 23rd lol

Nope, I sent it around the same time and they have cashed nothing yet.

Also got an interview invite today at Nova

Does anyone know all the available dates in September and October? And what time do the interview start and end?

Last edited:

My online bank statement doesn't show that they have cashed it, but I did get an email on July 27th that they received it. I sent it either on the 22nd or 23rd.

Interview for MDW-AZ and LECOM. STOKED! I was in batch 6/27. Gluck everyone!:thumbup:

My UOP portal says that it was updated on 7/28. I haven't touched it for 2 weeks, anyone else get a recent update?
Also...does anyone have an idea about when UOP is going to start sending out interview requests/rejections/holds?

My UOP portal says that it was updated on 7/28. I haven't touched it for 2 weeks, anyone else get a recent update?
Also...does anyone have an idea about when UOP is going to start sending out interview requests/rejections/holds?

My junk was in early. This is what I've had.

7/20 - "Received. Please wait 6 weeks for review"
7/27 - "Waiting for Review"

They said 6 weeks 2 weeks ago and it doesn't appear they interviewed until October last year according to the pool on PreDents. So maybe in the next couple of weeks they'll start dishing out invites/rejects Or maybe tomorrow. Who knows anymore...

Nova called me today. Thought I was getting an interview call. Nope. They asked where my LOR's were at. Sent them 3 weeks ago... awesome. :confused:

That's strange, I just got an interview, and my LOR's still haven't shown up on AADSAS yet. Hm, maybe I got one by mistake. Either way... I'm not complaining. Hopefully your stuff gets straightened out though. LORs can be frustrating. I've been waiting on my committee letter since July 1st.

Just got email from Maryland. Unfortunately it was just to confirm that they have my application.

I know there have been some emails about supplementary fees and so forth from Temple (I still haven't heard anything, which i think is strange... is anyone else in that boat? Applied to Temple but not heard about supplementary stuff?), more importantly, has anyone heard anything from Kentucky? I'm really anxious about not hearing from them... Also, Michigan. Has anyone heard from those dudes up north?

That's strange, I just got an interview, and my LOR's still haven't shown up on AADSAS yet. Hm, maybe I got one by mistake. Either way... I'm not complaining. Hopefully your stuff gets straightened out though. LORs can be frustrating. I've been waiting on my committee letter since July 1st.

Thanks! Congrats on your interview.

lecom interview invite on their portal =) three early interviews in so excited...third time applicant ...i think its about time =) woot woot goodluck to everyone!!!! :D:soexcited:

lecom interview invite on their portal =) three early interviews in so excited...third time applicant ...i think its about time =) woot woot goodluck to everyone!!!! :D:soexcited:

I got a LECOM interview, too! But...I was wondering about their required DAT date since mine is like 5 days older than their after 3/31/2010 requirement. They are not supposed to invite me if they didn't take my DAT into account, right?
NVM, the ADEA official guide was wrong. I checked LECOM's website and it says " DAT scores taken within the past three years are acceptable." GOOD

Last edited:

I'll be there for the 9-21 interview date at LECOM! I'm also a third time applicant. Congrats on your other interviews.

Got an email from LECOM saying I got rejected FUUUU.

This does not make me any happier at the moment :(

Dude, sorry to hear that. But hopefully there are other schools that your still waiting for.

I haven't heard anything from them. if you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? You can personal message me if you'd prefer. It would just be nice to know

Would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks

All the best

I haven't heard anything from them. if you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? You can personal message me if you'd prefer. It would just be nice to know

Mine wasn't anything spectacular.
cGPA- 3.24
sGPA - 3.22
DAT 19TS/19AA/22PAT/22RC

I also live in Canada so that might have had something to do with it.

Does LECOM invite only via their portal or through email? Or both?

Does LECOM invite only via their portal or through email? Or both?

I saw LECOM's invite through e-mail first. The portal didn't show anything when I checked yesterday, but after I received e-mail today, it showed up at the portal, too.

Any news from CASE? UoP?
California schools seems to be slower with the cycle...

Mine wasn't anything spectacular.
cGPA- 3.24
sGPA - 3.22
DAT 19TS/19AA/22PAT/22RC

I also live in Canada so that might have had something to do with it.

You might have been rejected because LECOM only accepts U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.