**Official SMDEP 2012 Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey you guys I applied to Nebraska Howard and Duke I really want to go to Duke. Both Nebraska and Howard are reviewing my application but Duke still has the two dashes. April 1st is coming soon. Does that mean that Duke will not be looking at my application?

I applied to Duke too and I still have the dashes as well. I do recall someone said that Duke was full and wasn't reviewing any applications at all.That kinda sucks, but we'll know for sure on April 1.

Members don't see this ad.

Me too. I e-mailed the people at Duke on Thurs. to ask are they still reviewing applications and I haven't gotten a response yet. If they were full I feel that they should have told us before we submitted our applications. aahh... so nerve racking!

Members don't see this ad :)
They didn't get one of my LOR and NJ is reviewing my applications. Called and email and no response. You think I can still get accepted with one LOR. I read before that they may.

Yeah, you still can, I hope. I'm having the same issue, I have only 1 LOR on me. But, my bio professor said she wrote a good one, so that's all I can hope for haha.

no dont worry, they will eventually look at your application before the deadline. SMDEP undates like once a week so by next week all of them should be under review.

Good Luck :luck:

Duke Still isn't in Review :(:confused::confused::confused:

I just called the lady at Duke. She told me that they are still reviewing applications and maybe that haven't reached mine yet or anyone else's who is worried... So I think that there is still HOPE:)

Dear Applicant,

The National Program Office (NPO) thanks you for applying to the Summer Medical and Dental Education Program’s 2012 session. Your completed application was received by the program site(s) you selected. On April 1st, you should check online (http://services.aamc.org/smdep/application/ ) to view your admissions decision. Click on the “View Status” link on the left menu of the screen. Upon review, you may notice one of the following situations:
Accepted:
The acceptance offers will expire on Wednesday, April 4th at 5:00 P.M. EST. The NPO will change your status to “Withdrawn After Accept” if you miss the deadline to confirm. To confirm your acceptance, please log into the SMDEP Web application (www.smdep.org), click on the “View Status” link on the left menu of the screen.

You cannot accept an offer, then change your mind. Once you confirm with a program site, it is considered a final decision. Any change after confirming with a site is considered a withdrawal from the program.

Not Accepted:

You did not meet the program site’s eligibility requirements. Please be advised that the SMDEP National Program Office does not make admission decisions. Admission decisions are made by the SMDEP program sites and they are completely autonomous in making admission decisions.

For questions regarding this admission decision, please contact the program site(s) directly. Contact information is available on our web site (www.smdep.org) under “Program Sites”.

In the meantime, we encourage you to visit http://www.smdep.org/alumni/alumniresources.htm for other enrichment opportunities.

Wait Listed:

If you are “Wait Listed”, you will be offered an acceptance if the site has an opening. The earliest possible date to receive an offer from a site where you were waitlisted is Wednesday, April 4th AFTER 5:00 P.M. EST. At this time, the program sites will know if the program has any openings. In some cases, it may occur earlier depending on how quickly applicants have made decisions on acceptances. You may find that one program site offered an acceptance and for the other, you were placed on a waitlist. You have to make a decision on the acceptance within the two (2) business day period or the offer will expire. If you decide to waitlist at a program site, there is no guarantee of acceptance. Remember, you cannot accept an offer, then change your mind. Once you confirm with a program site, it is considered a final decision. Any change after confirming with a site is considered a withdrawal from the program.

Site is Full:

The program site has reached its capacity for accepting and/or wait listing applicants.

What if I do not have any admissions decisions listed?
If this occurs, please call the SMDEP National Program Office at 1-866-587-6337 if you do not have a decision on April 1st.

The SMDEP National Program Office wishes you all the best.

received today

Do any of you still have that ---- next to there school choices. I only have one school under review. I am a little worried.

:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
got the email too and it gave me the CHILLS!!!
I AM SOOOO NERVOUS AND ANXIOUS AND EXCITED!!!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE APPLYING!!!

Im so excited!! I cant wait for sunday!!!!!
Are the results in at 12am sunday?? Or is it going to be later during the day??
I want to go to yale. Hope they accept me.

Good luck everyone!!!!

And we have to create a facebook group(some already created) so we could start meeting people!

Hm, i'm pretty excited...but I think I know where i'll get accepted already...:p:D

I'm so nervous!! Sometimes I feel like I have a great chance of being accepted...and other times I feel like I don't. But I'll find out soon I guess!

Is that tonight around 12am or tommorrow ?

When I called Virgina they said by 12am everyone should know already, I just dont remember what day.

Technically speaking lol it should be tonite.

Is that tonight around 12am or tommorrow ?

When I called Virgina they said by 12am everyone should know already, I just dont remember what day.

Technically speaking lol it should be tonite.
Tonight 12AM

Alright! I wish everyone the best! I REALLY want to go to Columbia. :D

...really? its not even technically 12AM EST (AAMC is in DC)

I know...I didn't "expect" it to be out, but for some reason I keep checking every 5 minutes. Really annoying, I know, but I can't help it xD

And good luck to everyone!

Accepted into Columbia + Yale!

THANK YOU GOD!

Additional note: Rejected at UVA, but somehow I figured that would happen XD. It wasn't even in my top...now I just have to decide between New Haven or NY.

Last edited:
Rejected at Yale and UW but waitlisted in Nebraska :(
Lets hope Nebraska has an opening!!
Congrats to all those who got in!!

Welp, I got wait listed at Columbia and UVA, and got rejected at Howard. I'm still hopeful, thought. Guess I gotta wait until the 4th :/

I got Yale , waitlisted at Columbia, and Duke was full

What are your stats?

Sophomore

Overall GPA: 3.2 (I know it's a bit low, but Orgo I and Calc I kicked my ass, I do great in everyhting else, though)

Great essays, LORs (although they only seemed to receive one of them, from my Bio professor)

URM (African)

Not sure if I missed anything else...

Sophomore

Overall GPA: 3.2 (I know it's a bit low, but Orgo I and Calc I kicked my ass, I do great in everyhting else, though)

Great essays, LORs (although they only seemed to receive one of them, from my Bio professor)

URM (African)

Not sure if I missed anything else...

Freshman
GPA 3.6
URM (African as well)
I think my essays and/or my LORs decided my fate!!

Rejected from Yale, Duke is full, and wait listed from Columbia. I guess I'll have to wait again, and if all else fails with SMDEP, UCLA PREP or finding a summer job will have to do. Congrats to all accepted!

Duke - Full, UMDNJ - Not Accepted, UVA - Waitlisted. Not bad for a white girl.

Hey everyone who was accepted to Columbia and another school!!! Choose the other school, so I can get off the Columbia wait list!!

I'm just kidding, the choice is yours. I just figured I should put that out there for laughs. Congrats again!:)

Waitlisted: Columbia & Yale
Full: Duke

I really hope I get accepted into either Columbia or Yale. For those of you who were waitlisted, what was your decision date and time, I think that determines the waitlist order.

yale-- not accepted
nj-- full
howard-- accepted!! I guess thats my choice!!!

Waitlisted: Columbia & Yale
Full: Duke

I really hope I get accepted into either Columbia or Yale. For those of you who were waitlisted, what was your decision date and time, I think that determines the waitlist order.

My time for Columbia was 03/10/2012 at 02:34 PM. Yikes...

still hopeful, though.

Congrats to everyone who got in so far! :D

My time for Columbia was 03/10/2012 at 02:34 PM. Yikes...

still hopeful, though.

Congrats to everyone who got in so far! :D

My time for Columbia was 02/17/2012 at 4:35pm. Hopefully we do get in. My hopes and prayers are in full gear!

I got into the UCLA one. Does anyone know exactly how much the stipend is?

And good luck to those of you on the wait-lists!