Ohio Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha I know, just exaggerating. I saw the schedule on the board and it went from 8-4 including lunch and anatomy lab. Makes me giddy to think about =D

Ugh, and that was a long day. This week has been rough! But usually it ends at 2 or 3. Just so you know.

Members don't see this ad.

I take it you got the same e-mail that I got today?

Yeah, it was in the FAQ... the thing that gets me though is that I started back in the summer to work this out with them (they say you can petition) and it was very hard to get the right people to respond to me... and when I finally did and then did everything they asked of me, I didn't get an answer before the application deadline. I almost didn't apply, but I had already had all my transcripts mailed there, so I figured what the heck. It was hard to put 100% effort into those essays not even knowing if they would even consider my application though, so I know they suffered. And I still don't have an answer, and then I got that e-mail today! I e-mailed the woman they said to (she is the one I had been working with) to see if she has any updates on my situation... fingers crossed! For both of us!

I know you've taken lots of classes recently, Livestockdoc, so hopefully you can make a good case!

G2D - you started on the petition in the summer as STILL don't have an answer?!?! :wow:

As seen, I find this hard to believe!! Heck, I didn't even have Ohio on my list until a colleague suggested them in mid August. Then, when I saw on the prerequiste completion page they had a '10 year rule', I figured I had no chance given that I put them on my list so late in the game. But, when I called the school the last week in August to 'discuss' my situation, I was given nothing but helpful kind consideration. I submitted my petitions on September 1: One for both semesters of general biology and another for gen chem II. I heard back on the bio on the 15th and on the chem on the 29th. The person with whom I was dealing was WONDERFUL!!! I even saw the 'reminder' email she sent the chem department. I am SO SORRY that you're having a hard time.

:xf: for both you and Livestockdoc! If either of you need/want more information in regard to the petition process (or perhaps the name of the marvelous individual who helped me) feel free to PM me. After all, we old farts have to stick together!! ;)

I got a nice e-mail back to my asking what is up with my petition, so hopefully things will get sorted out soon! Ironically the one she is most concerned about getting OKed is physics, although almost all of my science pre-reqs are old. I ran into the age limit with several schools, and decided to not pursue it with some of them. The others that had an issue that I still applied to were KSU and ISU, but I believe I got everything sorted out with them back over the summer. Ohio is the only one I am actively worried about for this issue still! :xf:
Sometimes calling and getting supervisory people on the phone expedites things.

I'm sure you and LivestockDoc have both called many times. I had a HUGE issue getting them to accept my Ohio residency, called multiple times, and eventually found (after, admittedly, completely losing my mind and insisting that the poor girl get a supervisor) that the paperwork had been filed to be processed at some nebulous future date. Because obviously, my residency status wouldn't matter until I had to pay tuition and had no bearing on my application. :rolleyes: Hence me losing my mind.

So... calling? A good idea. Make them find your paperwork and process it. Then again, I'm a pushy b**ch. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
G2D - you started on the petition in the summer as STILL don't have an answer?!?! :wow:

As seen, I find this hard to believe!! Heck, I didn't even have Ohio on my list until a colleague suggested them in mid August. Then, when I saw on the prerequiste completion page they had a '10 year rule', I figured I had no chance given that I put them on my list so late in the game. But, when I called the school the last week in August to 'discuss' my situation, I was given nothing but helpful kind consideration. I submitted my petitions on September 1: One for both semesters of general biology and another for gen chem II. I heard back on the bio on the 15th and on the chem on the 29th. The person with whom I was dealing was WONDERFUL!!! I even saw the 'reminder' email she sent the chem department. I am SO SORRY that you're having a hard time.

:xf: for both you and Livestockdoc! If either of you need/want more information in regard to the petition process (or perhaps the name of the marvelous individual who helped me) feel free to PM me. After all, we old farts have to stick together!! ;)

OK, in fairness, when I said "summer" I meant mid-August :oops:. And, the woman I have spoken to and e-mailed with was wonderful!!! She couldn't have been nicer! And when I was back in touch with her she was sort of shocked herself that I hadn't heard back yet, and assured me that she would check on it. Since I need answers from three different departments (Chem, bio, physics), I am wondering if it all just got lost in the shuffle and none of them actually saw my statements/request and if now they will actually be contacted and get back to me quickly. I haven't counted them out yet, but I am still anxious!

OK, in fairness, when I said "summer" I meant mid-August :oops:. And, the woman I have spoken to and e-mailed with was wonderful!!! She couldn't have been nicer! And when I was back in touch with her she was sort of shocked herself that I hadn't heard back yet, and assured me that she would check on it. Since I need answers from three different departments (Chem, bio, physics), I am wondering if it all just got lost in the shuffle and none of them actually saw my statements/request and if now they will actually be contacted and get back to me quickly. I haven't counted them out yet, but I am still anxious!

Oh good. :) I'm glad to hear that it's not as bad as I feared.

:xf: it all works out for ya!! I'm sure it will.

BTW - LOVED your Harry Potter pooch! I'm normally against dressing up animals, but that was WAY too good to protest. Adorable!

Oh good. :) I'm glad to hear that it's not as bad as I feared.

:xf: it all works out for ya!! I'm sure it will.

BTW - LOVED your Harry Potter pooch! I'm normally against dressing up animals, but that was WAY too good to protest. Adorable!

Well, I've now gotten bio approved... just need chem (should be no problem) and physics (worried!) now!

And thanks for your compliment on the Harry Potter costume... in general I'm not all that into dressing the dogs up either, but this particular dog loves it! Makes him feel all special or something. Or perhaps since he is a retired guide dog, it makes him feel like he is going to get to go work, like putting on his harness? Either way, he is a complete ham, despite his serious expression in the photo.

... in general I'm not all that into dressing the dogs up either, but this particular dog loves it!

I have a dog like this. When she was younger, she needed stitches in her side for a cut. My vet suggested using a T-shirt instead of an E-collar to stop her from licking the wound. After two weeks, I took the T-shirt off and she literally moped around the house for a few days. To this day, she gets super excited when I put her in a T-shirt. I don't get it, but it makes me smile.

I'm glad at least one course is approved for you so far!

I'm really upset. I was just checking my spam folder for something unrelated to Ohio and found an email from them saying they are missing a transcript, and if they don't hear from me or get it by Oct 29th they will withdraw my application.
The thing is, I've received every other email they have sent me. I even emailed them one week before they sent me that one, telling them that I never received the email with login info so I can't check on my application materials. The response was "don't worry, we will contact you if we are missing anything." And then look at what happens.
Seriously?!?!

icon8.gif

I'm really upset. I was just checking my spam folder for something unrelated to Ohio and found an email from them saying they are missing a transcript, and if they don't hear from me or get it by Oct 29th they will withdraw my application.
The thing is, I've received every other email they have sent me. I even emailed them one week before they sent me that one, telling them that I never received the email with login info so I can't check on my application materials. The response was "don't worry, we will contact you if we are missing anything." And then look at what happens.
Seriously?!?!

icon8.gif

Pick up the phone and call them right away. Don't wait.

Wow. I can't believe they would have actually withdrawn my application! Luckily, my one lagging transcript arrived 10-27, two days before the deadline.
I told the lady my story and she said: "We wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. I know its not fair, but we send SO MANY of those emails."
IMO that's f-ed up. It's not like you don't have our phone numbers to give us one last chance. Obviously we all put a lot of effort and money into this, and to toss out my application because you don't get a reply to that email? What if I was in the hospital or something?
Oh, and she said that OSU emails end up in Spam all of the time, even internal ones there at the school, they are well aware of it. So then why rely only on email to send out an important notice like the one they sent me?!

So, everybody, look in your spam folder like everyday. I had three different OSU email addresses added to my address book, and gmail still put that critical one in Spam.

And thank God for however that last transcript resurfaced and made it to Ohio on time! I'm very lucky.

Phew! So glad you got that worked out, squibby!

I was wondering why I didn't want to call you 'squib' because it seemed like it meant something bad, like a racial slur... well, not quite. I googled it.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Squib

Ha ha, I literally laughed out loud when I read that. I definitely feel like one sometimes! For others, it is: someone who was born into a wizarding family but hasn’t got any magic powers. (from Harry Potter)

You can call me Squib. :)

I am glad it worked out too, or I don't know what I would be doing right now, probably swearing a lot and hating life.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow Squibby! I'm glad that it worked out, but that is a bit scary and/or messed up! I just checked my spam folder...

But now I am wondering if I should be concerned that they have only logged 7 out of my 11 transcripts. It says my application is "in review" but now I am just generally worried about the other 4 transcripts! Hmmm...

But then, there is still a decent chance my app is being thrown out for old pre-reqs (if they don't accept my physics, I don't think there is anything I either can or will do to remedy that this year), so perhaps I will just let the cards play out however they play out.

Wow. I can't believe they would have actually withdrawn my application! Luckily, my one lagging transcript arrived 10-27, two days before the deadline.
I told the lady my story and she said: "We wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. I know its not fair, but we send SO MANY of those emails."
IMO that's f-ed up. It's not like you don't have our phone numbers to give us one last chance. Obviously we all put a lot of effort and money into this, and to toss out my application because you don't get a reply to that email? What if I was in the hospital or something?
Oh, and she said that OSU emails end up in Spam all of the time, even internal ones there at the school, they are well aware of it. So then why rely only on email to send out an important notice like the one they sent me?!

So, everybody, look in your spam folder like everyday. I had three different OSU email addresses added to my address book, and gmail still put that critical one in Spam.

And thank God for however that last transcript resurfaced and made it to Ohio on time! I'm very lucky.

You have to keep in mind that there are generally something like 800-1000 applicants per year. So it's much more convenient for them to e-mail than to have the admissions office aides making hundreds of phone calls (especially because some of them are work study students who just work through their lunch hours). I'm pretty sure every school does it this way, and they all warn you that you need to be checking your spam folders all the time to make sure you receive every e-mail.

It's unfortunate, but thankfully you caught it in time!

PS: As far as I know, the only time you will ever receive a phone call from OSU CVM is when they call to congratulate you on being accepted. Which, by the way, is the best phone call you will ever receive. Ever.

Has anyone still not received log in information, or am I the only one??:confused:

Has anyone still not received log in information, or am I the only one??:confused:

I didn't get an email with this information or a confirmation that they received all my materials, but I'm an undergrad at OSU so I already had a login so I'm guessing that's why. You could try giving them a call.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:38 AM
Subject: Your recent application to The Ohio State University
To: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxx yyyyyyy,

Thank you for your recent application to The Ohio State University.

Please review your personal data and check the status of your application by visiting the Professional Admissions Office website at http://appstatus.osu.edu. If you find inaccuracies, please notify us immediately so that we may correct our records. In addition, it is your responsibility to inform our office of any changes that occur in the future.

The first time that you are accessing this site, you may use your OSU Student ID number xxxxxxxxx and this temporary password: xxxxxxxxxx. The password is case sensitive. We encourage you to change your password, which you may do at any time by following the instructions at https://acctmgt.service.ohio-state.edu/FutureStudents.html.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at (614) 292-9444 or by email at [email protected].

Thank you for applying to The Ohio State University.

I emailed them today. Last year when I received the email info it was in my spam box, but I've been checking it daily and there's no message. I guess if I don't hear from them in the next couple of days I will call.

You have to keep in mind that there are generally something like 800-1000 applicants per year. So it's much more convenient for them to e-mail than to have the admissions office aides making hundreds of phone calls (especially because some of them are work study students who just work through their lunch hours). I'm pretty sure every school does it this way, and they all warn you that you need to be checking your spam folders all the time to make sure you receive every e-mail.

I totally get it, and I just needed to whine and vent. It's the real world, and it's my responsibility. However, if you read my story I was trying to be responsible by emailing them and asking if they could send my login info email that I never received, but I was shut down and told not to worry about it. That's more what I was upset about. But, whatever, I'm moving on.:D

I never got it, and it isn't in my :spam: folder.
When I spoke to them today about my other issue, she said she would have someone resend it. You might want to call.

Can I just say how much I hate checking my :spam: folder? I cleared it out this morning, and just checked again to find one email, with the subject: "Make your dick good."
Ugh! I don't even have one! And, if I did, I'm sure it would be fine, thanks!

P.S. I don't often get to use the SPAM icon, but it sure is fun!

My status today says, "Your application is currently in the process of being evaluated and prepared for an academic decision."

TIC mf'n TOC!

EEEEEE My status changed today too!!!

" Your application has been referred to the College of Veterinary Medicine for admissions consideration."

EEEEEE My status changed today too!!!

" Your application has been referred to the College of Veterinary Medicine for admissions consideration."

Bah, mine has said this for WEEKS.

When do I get the ever-loving interview invite?!?!!!? ;) :xf:

The thing I like most: OHIO RESIDENT. Thank you. Even though it only took 3 hours on the phone over 3 days.

Bah, mine has said this for WEEKS.

When do I get the ever-loving interview invite?!?!!!? ;) :xf:

The thing I like most: OHIO RESIDENT. Thank you. Even though it only took 3 hours on the phone over 3 days.

Up till today (or maybe longer and I just noticed it today) mine said something about it being prepared for review but nothing about the vet school in the phrase.

If you look on last year's interview invite thread I think the first invites went out on November 18th last year, so I think we can start getting antsy in approximately 2 weeks =)

If you look on last year's interview invite thread I think the first invites went out on November 18th last year, so I think we can start getting antsy in approximately 2 weeks =)

Yup...I was looking at the timelines thread today - interview invites for my schools go out in 1. November 2. December 3. January(x3), and 4. anytime until basically April. So I've got the next few months of my life alllll figured out based around what school I need to have panic attacks about.

Yup...I was looking at the timelines thread today - interview invites for my schools go out in 1. November 2. December 3. January(x3), and 4. anytime until basically April. So I've got the next few months of my life alllll figured out based around what school I need to have panic attacks about.

Yeah... I've applied to four schools and am stuck on the same timeline as you (although I do not believe any of them have me waiting till April)... I love waiting :lame:

::hands box of antacids to Whyevernot55::

Since Ellie yelled at me in another post :D I thought I'd share what will (hopefully) happen fro you guys. If I remember correctly, OSU sends out their interview invites in a few waves over a few days to like a week or 2. It's been a while. If you check the invite list for the class of 2014 you can see when we all got interviews. Anyway, you get to chose when you interview and then you wait for this lovely interview.So you know what to expect, here is what the interview day is like:

Arrive on campus at..8? I think? Either 8 or 9, but I think it's 8. WEAR A SUIT. Please. Seriously. You will not believe what some people will wear. You will either have your interview in the AM or PM.

If it's in the AM, you wait in the grand hummel lounge until a person comes and calls you name. There may be some student ambassadors in the lounge that you can talk to. Utilize them. Seriously. Ask them for the low down on the school, ask them ANYTHING, and you will get a real answer as opposed to the admins who may sugar coat things. When your interviewer calls your name, you will go upstairs with them into a student study room and interview. You can see the old interviews in interview feedback at the top of SDN. USE THAT ****. Those old questions are great to practice with. Thats it for the interview, really. Then, when its over, you go back downstairs and wait till lunch, which is provided by the school. Then you switch with the people who did the other stuff in the AM.

During the afternoon, you will go into Dunlap (thats the first year classroom) and have some lectures on financing vet school, stats wtc.. and then there is an hour of Q&A with student ambassadors. Do not be afraid to ask questions. We know OSU interviews first out of all the vet schools, so its hard to compare, but think of questions that may be important to you- how expensive is living, how much hands on experience do you get with animals, what clubs or summer opportunities do you offer, how does you class get along (big family or super competitive school, THAT WILL CHANGE AT DIFFERENT SCHOOLS), how is parking, is it possible to have a pet, how do you like the curriculum etc... All these things you dont actually think about that will make the next 4 years good or bad. Then you take a tour of the school and thats it! You are free to go.

Interviews this year are the 10th (the day after our last finals), 11th, 13-17th (maybe the 16th actually). Don't be nervous. Be calm, confident and know your answers as to why you want to do this, what your experiences taught you, why did you get a bad grade in ____ class etc and you will be fine.

Any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck to everyone!

Thank you laz!

And since you said we could ask....

1.) What IS a good answer to the question about why we got a poor grade in a class? I have a 3.5+ GPA but I have 2 C's on my transcript-a C in Ochem II and a C+ in Biochem. I can't think of an explanation that doesn't sound like an excuse, doesn't make me look bad, or doesn't make it look like I'm blaming the professor. What is an acceptable reason to give?

2.) Have they given you any stats yet? Like how many people applied this year?

1) There is no good answer, and it really depends on your situation. For me, I had a D in calc my first semester freshman year. I told them the truth- I was a stupid freshman. I went out and partied too muh. But, as they could see from my grades after that first semester (much nicer. deans list every semester), I learned my lesson and matured. Sometimes the truth is good because you can show that you are human but have the ability to grow, change and adapt. They are very big on adaptation because many vet student FREAK THE **** OUT when they get to vet school and dont get the same grades as they did in undergrad. I mean, in undergrad, most of us get A's or high B's. In vet school you will get a lot of B's, and some people (the gunners) cant handle that. They cant adapt. They don't know how ot chnage their studying or what they are doing and they freaking lose it. So vet schools are trying to find people who CAN adapt to change and can thrive. People who can change study habits, learn their weaknesses and make changes. THOSE people will make good vets, not necessarily the people who get A's all day everyday. Thats how you have to make your answer to the C question.

2) No. they dont give us those stats because, to be honest, why would most of us care?

Interviews this year are the 10th (the day after our last finals), 11th, 13-17th (maybe the 16th actually). Don't be nervous. Be calm, confident and know your answers as to why you want to do this, what your experiences taught you, why did you get a bad grade in ____ class etc and you will be fine.

Oh it's an open interview too, so if you claim something on your application, be ready to talk about it. I had a clinical pathologist interview me about my clin path experience.

Not to rain on any parades but you may be in for a wait. Mine stayed like that for months on end, even after the interview, because I was waitlisted. Was ultimately accepted but the status never changed lol. For all I know it still says that.

To add to what's been said, you not only get to choose your interview day, but the actual time as well (depending on how many slots are filled). Try to use this to your advantage. If you are the type of person who will get more and more nervous as time goes by, I wouldn't recommend scheduling an afternoon interview. I had mine at like 9AM, and it was so great to get it over with and be able to enjoy the tour and informational sessions afterwards. However, in the informational sessions they talk (vaguely) about what they look for in applicants, which may or may not give you some clues as to how to respond to certain questions (since I had the morning interviews, I was basically just nodding along thinking, "Yes, yes, I think I conveyed that I possess that personality trait").

Thank you laz!

And since you said we could ask....

1.) What IS a good answer to the question about why we got a poor grade in a class? I have a 3.5+ GPA but I have 2 C's on my transcript-a C in Ochem II and a C+ in Biochem. I can't think of an explanation that doesn't sound like an excuse, doesn't make me look bad, or doesn't make it look like I'm blaming the professor. What is an acceptable reason to give?

The key to this question is that regardless of your "excuse," you'd better tell them what you learned. I had to explain a dropped course, and I turned it into a speech about how I learned that I have limits, that sometimes it's okay to admit that you can't do everything by yourself and need help, and that I need to know when it's time to reach out and ask for that help. I didn't sit there giving them a pity party about how I broke up with my boyfriend and then got strep throat and mono. If you can show them that whatever happened made you a better, stronger student/person, you're fine. Just be prepared for that.

Any other questions about interviews or the school, go for it. Midterms are over now, so I can screw around online again!

I also got an interview invite yesterday (out of state)! I'm interviewing on Dec 11. I have a couple of questions if someone wouldn't mind answering them!

1. How many interviewers and interviewees are there per interview (is it one on one?)

2. How long does the interview itself last usually last?

3. When will they inform us of acceptances?

4. What type of questions do they typically ask (behavioral, technical, etc) ?

Thanks!! Anyone else interview Dec 11? Good luck everyone!

1. How many interviewers and interviewees are there per interview (is it one on one?)

2 interviewers for one interviewee. Most of the people I talked to said that both their interviewers were super nice (that was my experience as well)

2. How long does the interview itself last usually last?
30 min

3. When will they inform us of acceptances?
well, hopefully you get accepted. if you do then it is by phone call (best phone call ever) in mid jan. There are a FEW (like less than 5%) of OOSers that are called the day they interview to be given an acceptance. If this isn't you, dont worry. Like I said, this only happens for like 5% of acceptances. Don't expect it, cuz you will feel let down when you dont get it.

4. What type of questions do they typically ask (behavioral, technical, etc) ?
All types. It depends on your application, your interviewers etc... In mine I was asked about my experiences, what I learned, my personality etc... I know some people were asked technical questions about their jobs or research. There were a few behavioral questions (what would you do if you saw someone cheat etc...) It's all over so be prepared for everything.

thanks for the info! I will probably be seeing you on the 11th since you are an ambassador :)

Hey y'all,

The interview invitation they sent me yesterday had a nonfunctional link to set up an interview date. It looks like they just cut & pasted last year's interview link, which doesn't work this year. I've called the school, but I just get voicemail (I left a msg). Has anybody got the correct link that they can send me or post here? :confused:

They close that website between (I think) 8 or 9 PM and 6 AM. Also during holidays. The school is closed today, so try again tomorrow during the day. I also thought it was broken for 2 days just b/c I kept trying to do it at midnight! haha

Keep in mind that the interview and admissions process can vary dramatically from year to year. When I interviewed (just a year before these 2014'ers), they conducted interviews over a two week period instead of just one. There was a week of interviews in December, and another week in January. All the interviews were in the afternoon, while everyone attended orientation in the morning.

It's very possible that every thing will be exactly the same as last year, but be prepared for the possibility that it is not. They are constantly tweaking the details in an attempt to make the process better.

Also: good luck!!!! :luck:

They close that website between (I think) 8 or 9 PM and 6 AM. Also during holidays. The school is closed today, so try again tomorrow during the day. I also thought it was broken for 2 days just b/c I kept trying to do it at midnight! haha

Thanks, Lalzi, I didn't realize the school was closed today. Forgot it was veteran's day (though why they would close the link on a holiday is a mystery to me.) Still, it looks like the link from last year. It even says "2009" on it, so I'll be really curious to see if it works tomorrow.

Don't post it here! PM it. We don't need a link intended for applicants that received interviews floating around on the internet.

I suppose you're right, TT. I have a bad habit of attributing too much integrity to the human population sometimes. sigh.

Livestock Doc-

Do you mind telling me what the first letter of your last name is? If you want to PM me that's fine, and if you don't want to tell me at all that's fine too...I'm just trying to figure something out.

See, I had a pre-vet club meeting last night, and four people in the club got interview invites last night. The first three I spoke too all had last names that began with B, so I thought maybe they were doing invites in alphabetical order. But the fourth girl I talked to has a last name that begins with S, so I thought maybe I was wrong. But, she's applying as a junior so I thought maybe that had something to do with it? However, then someone else told me that they do it by GPA, but I don't know how much I buy that.

So not that it matters or anything but I was just wondering. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow.

Congrats to all of you who have interviews already!

I got some lesser good news from Ohio today... all my old pre-reqs have been approved!:) Now I wish I felt better about my supplemental essays!

Anyway, on to the waiting...

Does Ohio do any interviews later? Say, after these December dates?

I got some lesser good news from Ohio today... all my old pre-reqs have been approved!:)

Yay, G2D, that is awesome news! It would be awful to have come all this way only to have them say your pre-reqs are no good. Congrats!

EllieG, I'm an "F," so maybe they are starting at the beginning of the alphabet first?

Congrats to those of you with interviews!! Although I did not end up at the OSU, I just wanted to chime in and say that I had a blast the day I interviewed. It was my first one so I was EXTREMELY nervous, but everyone there was super nice and made me feel really comfortable. My interviewers were both very warm and the whole thing felt more like a casual conversation than anything else. I had similar experiences at the other schools I interviewed at, but the OSU was by far my favorite interview and I really liked the school a lot. I'm not sure that I remember any specific questions I was asked, but if anyone has any specific questions feel free to PM me. Congrats and good luck!! :luck:

My interview was horrible haha. They really grilled me on random things I had no idea about. Make sure to be up to date on your current events...at least I could answer those :p I literally had tears in my eyes it was so bad haha. Just practice, practice, practice!! I know you will all be great!

My interview was horrible haha. They really grilled me on random things I had no idea about. Make sure to be up to date on your current events...at least I could answer those :p I literally had tears in my eyes it was so bad haha. Just practice, practice, practice!! I know you will all be great!
*horrified face* I didn't even get an interview offer and that post just scared me to death :scared:

Livestock Doc-

Do you mind telling me what the first letter of your last name is? If you want to PM me that's fine, and if you don't want to tell me at all that's fine too...I'm just trying to figure something out.

See, I had a pre-vet club meeting last night, and four people in the club got interview invites last night. The first three I spoke too all had last names that began with B, so I thought maybe they were doing invites in alphabetical order. But the fourth girl I talked to has a last name that begins with S, so I thought maybe I was wrong. But, she's applying as a junior so I thought maybe that had something to do with it? However, then someone else told me that they do it by GPA, but I don't know how much I buy that.

So not that it matters or anything but I was just wondering. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow.

Its random. People have this argument every year. They try to find patterns based on location, age, experience, goals...it really is just random. Don't drive yourself nuts (I know, easy to say now that I'm on the vet school side of the fence), but seriously. You will not find a pattern other than the pattern of your hair falling out from stress.

Its random. People have this argument every year. They try to find patterns based on location, age, experience, goals...it really is just random. Don't drive yourself nuts (I know, easy to say now that I'm on the vet school side of the fence), but seriously. You will not find a pattern other than the pattern of your hair falling out from stress.

Haha In my head I know this. It just makes the wait seem less...wait-y when I'm trying to figure it out. I've got my fingers crossed that more emails go out tomorrow and that one is headed to my inbox :xf: