Ok State Class of 2016 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One way or another, I just want to hear back already :confused: If any alternates hear anything, I hope you share on here ASAP. Certainly there must be people that they offered positions to who will make up their mind before April 15?

Plenty of people make up their minds before April 15th, but nobody notifies any waitlisters before then. Take it from someone who knows. :rolleyes: You'll just have to wait like the rest of us!

Members don't see this ad.

Plenty of people make up their minds before April 15th, but nobody notifies any waitlisters before then. Take it from someone who knows. :rolleyes: You'll just have to wait like the rest of us!

Thank you for that info, at least I can stop hoping I'll hear back before then :)

Does anyone know the yearly COA (cost of attendance) projected by Oklahoma State? I'm crunching some numbers for non-resident tuition (~$32,707/year = ~$130,828/4 years) and wondering what they estimate for living expenses, books, etc.. Basically, I'm trying to figure out how the duck I can pull this off if I get in off the waitlist, haha.

One other question... does anyone know how long it takes to establish residency there for application purposes? For example, if I move there in June 2012, could I apply as a resident next cycle? I know some schools require that you live in the state for a whole year BEFORE applying as a resident while some only require that you'd be there for a year by the time of matriculation.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the yearly COA (cost of attendance) projected by Oklahoma State? I'm crunching some numbers for non-resident tuition (~$32,707/year = ~$130,828/4 years) and wondering what they estimate for living expenses, books, etc.. Basically, I'm trying to figure out how the duck I can pull this off if I get in off the waitlist, haha.

One other question... does anyone know how long it takes to establish residency there for application purposes? For example, if I move there in June 2012, could I apply as a resident next cycle? I know some schools require that you live in the state for a whole year BEFORE applying as a resident while some only require that you'd be there for a year by the time of matriculation.

Thanks!!
I'm not quite sure if this is what you are looking for or not but it might help: https://financialaid.okstate.edu/costs-veterinary-medicine-students. I have no idea about the answer for your second question. I would call the admissions office and ask.

Thanks!!

As an OOS student, I think they offered me just over 50K the first year in loans, and 48Kish for second year (first year they budget for a new laptop or something like that). I don't need to take all of that though, so you could probably get by on a little less - especially if you plan on living with roomies, which I refuse to do :) I think tuition was ~34K OOS this year. Hope that helps, slightly.

As an OOS student, I think they offered me just over 50K the first year in loans, and 48Kish for second year (first year they budget for a new laptop or something like that). I don't need to take all of that though, so you could probably get by on a little less - especially if you plan on living with roomies, which I refuse to do :) I think tuition was ~34K OOS this year. Hope that helps, slightly.

Ouch. I was prepared for that, but still ouch... haha. That does help, though - thank you for the estimates! I do plan to call the admissions office and ask these questions but they were burning a hole in my head tonight and I had a case of "IneedtoknowrightMEOW". :p

I have some good news. I spoke to Anna briefly today, and while no one will hear a peep until at least April 15th... she said that it looks like the OOS waitlist will be moving, and it may be moving even more than it has in the past. It's been a bit of a strange year because of the increased number of applicants and the changes in how the GRE is calculated, etc. so that makes it hard to predict this year's stuff based on previous years, but... she seemed pretty sure. So, no promises of course, but hang tight and I've got my fingers crossed for you, esp. LMMS and whyevernot. :)

I have some good news. I spoke to Anna briefly today, and while no one will hear a peep until at least April 15th... she said that it looks like the OOS waitlist will be moving, and it may be moving even more than it has in the past. It's been a bit of a strange year because of the increased number of applicants and the changes in how the GRE is calculated, etc. so that makes it hard to predict this year's stuff based on previous years, but... she seemed pretty sure. So, no promises of course, but hang tight and I've got my fingers crossed for you, esp. LMMS and whyevernot. :)

Thanks for the update! I love your updates.

Like.

TT, you rock! I've been geeking out so much in the game that I've neglected the other threads almost entirely. Let me tell ya, if I get in you are the FIRST person I'm going to visit, thank you giftie in hand! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought of one more thing. They will CALL you, so make sure your phone number hasn't changed since application time. If you don't answer, she leaves a message and you have one full day to respond before they proceed on the list. :)

I was getting excited that today is April 15th, but then I remembered something. Doesn't Oklahoma wait until like June before they start calling people off their wait list? Perhaps I should rein it in... lol

No, the list should start to move tomorrow for OOS. Sometimes IS stuff is different - some people have conditional acceptances as early admits or those finishing required classes, so movement will happen because of that. But it should budge tomorrow... and perhaps it could move all the way into August, who knows.

Thanks!!! Any information about Stillwater, the school, etc you guys feel like sharing to help me decide would be appreciated. :D
Well I am here so there's that... I'll write a real post when I get home tonight. I'm too busy right now to give a good response.

Thanks!!! Any information about Stillwater, the school, etc you guys feel like sharing to help me decide would be appreciated. :D

YAY ORCA!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you :)

She only has 48 hours. I think the next person can wait that long....

Haha. I like how you creeped onto this thread.

But it's true. I only have 48 hours to decide. I want to talk to financial aid and stuff which I'll do tomorrow cause I'm on my way to work and I like to breathe for at least a couple seconds. I don't always like making a decision based on impulse.

Haha. I like how you creeped onto this thread.

But it's true. I only have 48 hours to decide. I want to talk to financial aid and stuff which I'll do tomorrow cause I'm on my way to work and I like to breathe for at least a couple seconds. I don't always like making a decision based on impulse.

Cuz I have nothing better to do. :mad:

Haha. And plus I'm so excited for you!!!!! You were having a super tough time and were so upset-and now the universe is totally going your way. You will be in Oklahoma, but COA is so low. And you will be with TT and lissarae! How awesome is that?!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7758477&postcount=6
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=776536
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=697292
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=721742
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=720496

And obviously you have three folks (two natives and a New Englander) ready to answer questions. :)

I'm busy reading the threads you posted, TT so if questions develop from there, I'll let you guys know.

I guess I was just worried because while I'm not from a city or something, I went to undergrad in Baltimore and the school I studied abroad at was in a city, so I got used to having all these things to do if you wanted them. And I know I'm going to be busy, but I like to have options of things to do when I do have free time or people come to visit. But after hearing that Cowgirla grew up outside NYC, I feel like if she can adjust, so can I. And I am an easy going person, so I think I would be fine in the end. I just don't like heat/humidity that much (and tornadoes but I'll let that go for now), which kind of sucks, but I guess I can get used to that. My mom just read something about 232 days of sunshine which is awesome compared to the uhh 28 hours of daylight I would get for the entire season of winter in Glasgow. Also, OK State is one of my cheapest options and would save me like 100k if I either reapplied to other schools or go to Glasgow. Not sure I can say no to that.

Here's a random question. AT&T service. Good reception or no? That's who I currently use and my contract is up the end of next month. Don't want to upgrade my phone if reception is going to blow.

Last edited:
I'm busying reading the threads you posted, TT so if questions develop from there, I'll let you guys know.

I guess I was just worried because while I'm not from a city or something, I went to undergrad in Baltimore and the school I studied abroad at was in a city, so I got used to having all these things to do if you wanted them. And I know I'm going to be busy, but I like to have options of things to do when I do have free time or people come to visit. But after hearing that Cowgirla grew up outside NYC, I feel like if she can adjust, so can I. And I am an easy going person, so I think I would be fine in the end. I just don't like heat/humidity that much (and tornadoes but I'll let that go for now), which kind of sucks, but I guess I can get used to that. My mom just read something about 232 days of sunshine which is awesome compared to the uhh 28 hours of daylight I would get for the entire season of winter in Glasgow. Also, OK State is one of my cheapest options and would save me like 100k if I either reapplied to other schools or go to Glasgow. Not sure I can say no to that.

Here's a random question. AT&T service. Good reception or no? That's who I currently use and my contract is up the end of next month. Don't want to upgrade my phone if reception is going to blow.
I had AT&T before switching to Sprint when I got married. I never had any problems with it. I know that there is 3G here and everything.

I'm busying reading the threads you posted, TT so if questions develop from there, I'll let you guys know.

AT&T service is good - my boyfriend has it and he's never had an issue. I've got Sprint and it's fine as well.

Stillwater is not a bad town to live in. I feel like it lacks some culture, but it's usually pretty easy to entertain yourself around here. And I love the bars - Finnegan's and Stonewall especially. Granted, I've never been to bars anywhere else, but these are really chill and pretty cheap comparatively, from what I've heard.

I will say that after 4 years in Stillwater I'm getting tired of it. But I've also been in Oklahoma my whole life, and although I love the state I'm ready to move on. However, I think that the town is fine and is improving every year. If you ever need to escape to a city Tulsa and OKC are both pretty close by (~1.5 hours to each I believe).

The weather in Oklahoma is crazy. It'll be 70 degrees one day and you'll have freezing rain the next (legitimately not an exaggeration - this happened when I was in high school and we were out of school for a week because of the ice storm). The summers can be really hot - last summer we had 63 days at 100+ degree weather, but that was a record-breaking summer. I don't think the humidity is ever too bad, but then again I like humid weather. While tornadoes do happen, it's rare that it'll happen to you. Most Oklahomans go outside and watch for them instead of hiding. Just know basic safety precautions and you'll be fine. In my whole life I've only had to take cover a handful of times, and I've only ever seen one in real-life once (and I'm the rare exception).

Overall, it's a cheap, nice school and town. I'm only undegrad, not a vet student, so I can't really speak for the vet school other than to say I really liked it when I was a pre-vet intern and that the students seemed happy!

AT&T service is good - my boyfriend has it and he's never had an issue. I've got Sprint and it's fine as well.

Stillwater is not a bad town to live in. I feel like it lacks some culture, but it's usually pretty easy to entertain yourself around here. And I love the bars - Finnegan's and Stonewall especially. Granted, I've never been to bars anywhere else, but these are really chill and pretty cheap comparatively, from what I've heard.

I will say that after 4 years in Stillwater I'm getting tired of it. But I've also been in Oklahoma my whole life, and although I love the state I'm ready to move on. However, I think that the town is fine and is improving every year. If you ever need to escape to a city Tulsa and OKC are both pretty close by (~1.5 hours to each I believe).

The weather in Oklahoma is crazy. It'll be 70 degrees one day and you'll have freezing rain the next (legitimately not an exaggeration - this happened when I was in high school and we were out of school for a week because of the ice storm). The summers can be really hot - last summer we had 63 days at 100+ degree weather, but that was a record-breaking summer. I don't think the humidity is ever too bad, but then again I like humid weather. While tornadoes do happen, it's rare that it'll happen to you. Most Oklahomans go outside and watch for them instead of hiding. Just know basic safety precautions and you'll be fine. In my whole life I've only had to take cover a handful of times, and I've only ever seen one in real-life once (and I'm the rare exception).

Overall, it's a cheap, nice school and town. I'm only undegrad, not a vet student, so I can't really speak for the vet school other than to say I really liked it when I was a pre-vet intern and that the students seemed happy!
I freaking LOVE Stonewall! Also, Olive Garden is getting ready to open. Hello breadsticks! Stillwater is definitely growing. More and more businesses are opening and it really is improving the town.

I freaking LOVE Stonewall! Also, Olive Garden is getting ready to open. Hello breadsticks! Stillwater is definitely growing. More and more businesses are opening and it really is improving the town.

UGH I know. Of course we get an Olive Garden as soon as I'm about to graduate and move out of here! Figures. Maybe it's for the better, I love their high calorie content five cheese ziti and breadsticks a little more than is healthy for me.

Well, can't pass up all you can eat soup, salad and breadsticks!! Any word on a Target yet? I read in all the other threads that it was a possibility and was just wondering if it's become even more of one. Haha.

Stonewall :love: :love: And there's some awesome pubs/bars in Tulsa, and probably OKC as well although I haven't made it to those yet.

AT&T service is good. Even on the roads heading out of town I rarely completely lose service, although I may lose my 3G coverage on some roads. It's definitely better than Sprint was back home- I don't have to sit in the kitchen sink to get service!

I escape to OKC as often as possible for a "civilization fix". Usually at least once a month. Takes right around an hour to get to the north side of the city - there's an actual shopping mall, kohls, target, big name banks, whole foods grocery, and DUNKIN DONUTS :)love:). I went to the OKC outlets for the first time just a few weeks ago and was pretty impressed. There's some nice stores in there. It's a little bit farther, but still no more than an hour and a half.

One of the harder things for me was the lack of decent beer. But I finally found a liquor store that can order my favorite beer, so I'm in good shape now- ordering a case was the highlight of my year.

Tornados = scary. Heat = hell. And don't let them fool you- its still humid. Even in the winter my poor hair is a frizzy mess. But its manageable. Like you mentioned, the cheap tuition makes up for A LOT. A cheap COL on top of that is pretty darn nice. I paid more for a studio in New England than I pay for a pretty nice 2 bedroom house right near the vet school. And it was AWESOME to not have to shovel snow and scrape ice off my car every morning. I don't think my heavy winter clothes ever made it out of the closet this year.

Only two people off this forum getting a call yesterday, and none today... Should we assume that was it? We have to assume there was a group who got a call but who isn't on this forum... It's so hard not knowing numbers, how big the list is, how many people they will call, where we sit on the list :scared:...

Only two people off this forum getting a call yesterday, and none today... Should we assume that was it? We have to assume there was a group who got a call but who isn't on this forum... It's so hard not knowing numbers, how big the list is, how many people they will call, where we sit on the list :scared:...
Don't give up! They are giving people 48hrs to decide so I bet calls don't go out every day. I know people that were called off both IS and OOS waitlists in July a couple years ago!

I haven't told them my decision yet ( I have to by tomorrow). Chances are they don't continue down the list until they receive official replies from anyone.

And a few more questions for you current students.
1) Obviously we know I'm scared of tornadoes. Could you guys just give a low down on how it all works down there. I know you have sirens and all but I have no idea how any of that works. When I toured Auburn, I was a little freaked out that one of the only shelters was on the vet campus and the students lived in mobile homes in parks several minutes from the school. Do the sirens give you enough warning to actually be able to drive somewhere or no? Also, can you find places with basements/storm cellars because I would prefer that to just hiding in a closet in the middle of my house. And yes, I'm getting ahead of myself, but since I don't deal with it pretty much ever, I'm definitely worried. I used to get almost physically sick just because of thunderstorms after seeing the movie Twister. I'm okay with thunderstorms now but freak out of any mention of tornadoes anywhere within a 30 minute radius of me.

2) I was re-looking at the curriculum. I noticed the in 4th year it mentions non-OkSU clinics and special clinicis. I'm assuming "non-OkSU clinicis" means we do some rotations at other schools? Correct me if I'm wrong. And what are special clinicis??

3) Obviously there is research going on at the school, do students get involved in it besides the summer program? I read a little bit about it in the threads posted by TT but just wanted more info. And do students ever get involved with research or anything going on at the main campus?

That's all that's coming to mind right now, I'm sure more will come to me soon. Making a pros/con's list cause I'm still having conflicting emotions/thoughts. I never thought I would have this much trouble deciding since all I've ever wanted is to go to vet school.

I haven't told them my decision yet ( I have to by tomorrow). Chances are they don't continue down the list until they receive official replies from anyone.

And a few more questions for you current students.
1) Obviously we know I'm scared of tornadoes. Could you guys just give a low down on how it all works down there. I know you have sirens and all but I have no idea how any of that works. When I toured Auburn, I was a little freaked out that one of the only shelters was on the vet campus and the students lived in mobile homes in parks several minutes from the school. Do the sirens give you enough warning to actually be able to drive somewhere or no? Also, can you find places with basements/storm cellars because I would prefer that to just hiding in a closet in the middle of my house. And yes, I'm getting ahead of myself, but since I don't deal with it pretty much ever, I'm definitely worried. I used to get almost physically sick just because of thunderstorms after seeing the movie Twister. I'm okay with thunderstorms now but freak out of any mention of tornadoes anywhere within a 30 minute radius of me.

2) I was re-looking at the curriculum. I noticed the in 4th year it mentions non-OkSU clinics and special clinicis. I'm assuming "non-OkSU clinicis" means we do some rotations at other schools? Correct me if I'm wrong. And what are special clinicis??

3) Obviously there is research going on at the school, do students get involved in it besides the summer program? I read a little bit about it in the threads posted by TT but just wanted more info. And do students ever get involved with research or anything going on at the main campus?

That's all that's coming to mind right now, I'm sure more will come to me soon. Making a pros/con's list cause I'm still having conflicting emotions/thoughts. I never thought I would have this much trouble deciding since all I've ever wanted is to go to vet school.
1) Twister is a dumb movie. That **** doesn't happen like that in real life. Our meteorologists are awesome and can predict when a storm system with the potential to cause tornadoes is going to happen days in advance. Basically, if rotation is spotted in your area (sometimes just in your county) they will activate the sirens. Stillwater even has the capability to talk to everyone over the siren system. They test the sirens once a week so they know they are working. Once the sirens go off you generally have awhile to seek shelter if necessary. Most people from Oklahoma try to go outside to see if they can see the tornado lol. We're just used to it I guess. They interrupt normal tv programs anytime a significant storm system blows through. The vet school and teaching hospital both serve as storm shelters and you can take your pets with you. There are several other public shelters around town as well. Some rent houses have basements, but there aren't many of them. Some rent houses will also have storm cellars, but not all do. Oh, and just because the sirens go off, it doesn't mean that there is actually a tornado on the ground, just that there is rotation in the clouds that could become a tornado. We really only get 1-2 big tornado producing storms during tornado season. Not every thunderstorm out here produces tornadoes.

2) I think non-OSU clinics is for Caribbean students doing their clinics here. I could be wrong though. We don't do rotations at other schools that I know of. I guess there could be a preceptor at a different school or something. I don't know what special clinics is. Maybe it's reserved for special circumstances?

3) I'm not big on research so I am probably not aware of all of the research opportunities available to students. I know there are several people in my class that do research though. One of them just won an award for her research presentation. I think most students do their research during the summer NIH program. I will try to ask some of the students what their research involves, etc.

Hope this helped

Last edited:
1) Twister is a dumb movie. That **** doesn't happen like that in real life. Our meteorologists are awesome and can predict when a storm system with the potential to cause tornadoes is going to happen days in advance. Basically, if rotation is spotted in your area (sometimes just in your county) they will activate the sirens. Stillwater even has the capability to talk to everyone over the siren system. They test the sirens once a week so they know they are working. Once the sirens go off you generally have awhile to seek shelter if necessary. Most people from Oklahoma try to go outside to see if they can see the tornado lol. We're just used to it I guess. They interrupt normal tv programs anytime a significant storm system blows through. The vet school and teaching hospital both serve as storm shelters and you can take your pets with you. There are several other public shelters around town as well. Some rent houses have basements, but there aren't many of them. Some rent houses will also have storm cellars, but not all do.

2) I think non-OSU clinics is for Caribbean students doing their clinics here. I could be wrong though. We don't do rotations at other schools that I know of. I guess there could be a preceptor at a different school or something. I don't know what special clinics is. Maybe it's reserved for special circumstances?

3) I'm not big on research so I am probably not aware of all of the research opportunities available to students. I know there are several people in my class that do research though. One of them just won an award for her research presentation. I think most students do their research during the summer NIH program. I will try to ask some of the students what their research involves, etc.

Hope this helped

Haha. Thanks. I just never understood how those siren systems worked. And for the clarification on clinics. That makes much more sense.

Oh! Do vet students go to the football games??? I missed out on that in college, so I'm kind of excited about all that whole atmosphere even though I know a ton of people aren't.

And I'm pretty much sure I'm going to be coming. I'm having some difficulty letting go of the feelings I felt for some other schools, which I didn't expect to happen. But I'm starting to question whether or not I can really handle another year off and jump back in school, and I'm not sure I want to go through this process again and spend more money, in the meantime. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I would be saving a lot of money and I'm sure I'll appreciate it down the road. And I know deep down that it's what you make of vet school but I guess in reality, I'm just scared.

When do you guys finish your semester? I would really like to try to come down before you guys finish up to get a tour of the school since I've never seen it and would feel wayy more comfortable seeing the school at least once. Do any of you think you would be able to put me up for a night or two if I visit?

Sorry, this post is kind of all over the place. =/

Haha. Thanks. I just never understood how those siren systems worked. And for the clarification on clinics. That makes much more sense.

Oh! Do vet students go to the football games??? I missed out on that in college, so I'm kind of excited about all that whole atmosphere even though I know a ton of people aren't.

And I'm pretty much sure I'm going to be coming. I'm having some difficulty letting go of the feelings I felt for some other schools, which I didn't expect to happen. But I'm starting to question whether or not I can really handle another year off and jump back in school, and I'm not sure I want to go through this process again and spend more money, in the meantime. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I would be saving a lot of money and I'm sure I'll appreciate it down the road. And I know deep down that it's what you make of vet school but I guess in reality, I'm just scared.

When do you guys finish your semester? I would really like to try to come down before you guys finish up to get a tour of the school since I've never seen it and would feel wayy more comfortable seeing the school at least once. Do any of you think you would be able to put me up for a night or two if I visit?

Sorry, this post is kind of all over the place. =/
I love going to football games. We have a great team (finished #3 in the nation last year) and the stadium is so much fun. It's a great time.

Next week is dead week and the week after is finals week. The school is open year round though so you would be able to get a tour whenever you could come down. I live about 45 minutes from school so you might want to check with TT or Cowgirla about a place to stay before me.

I have no idea how ok state is, but i'll second that it IS soooo much fun to have a good football team or semi good. USC has been all over the place, but I think we are back again. Hopefully. Please God.

I've got plenty of room for a visitor, but will be away the week right after finals. If you wanted to come next or the week after that (Finals week), that's fine with me- just don't expect me to very good company! Send me a PM and my guest room would be happy to have you!

I'm only a few blocks from the vet school, and this past week when the sirens went off, I had no issues driving (Speeding maniacally) towards the vet school in the pouring rain with my dogs to get ourselves somewhere safe. I'm totally paranoid and didn't leave my closet until an OK native assured me that i would not see a twister if I wanted to head up to the school.

I've found that most of the houses around here don't have basements or cellars. I don't even have an interior room or closet, hence my mad dash for the vet school basement.
If its a concern of yours (which I totally understand!) there are a ton of rental houses right near the vet school and the basement is quite large and you can get wifi down there (priorities!). The teaching hospital also has a basement. I worked the night of a big storm and was told by the clinicians that if the sirens went off, or I was remotely worried about the storms, to drop what I was doing and get somewhere safe. They are very concerned with keeping all of us safe

I think Lissa covered the rest of the points already. No idea on special clinics, other than her guess that its for Caribbean students or off campus preceptorships.

Hey, I can totally hear you on this. My two top choices, after interviewing were Iowa and PEI. Seriously saw so many good things at both schools that I loved. I came to visit OK and didn't quite get the same lovey dovey feeling, but with Iowa's tuition in the 40something range, and PEI's in the 50-60something range, I just couldn't turn it down. And when I'm having a bad day or a bad exam, I wonder if I would be a better student at a different school, but for the most part, I like it here. There was nothing I -disliked- about the school, and in the long run, the things I liked about the other schools (location, having your own desk/study area, etc) weren't worth the additional 40-80K. It's definitely a tough decision and you might always wonder about "could have beens" but in the long run - you'll be a vet! With less debt! I really love our vet school now. It's not the fanciest or anything, but we have really great people here. I've learned so much over the past two years, in the classroom and over in the teaching hospital.

(And I could totally use a city-buddy to escape to OKC with!)

I think I heard somewhere that most homes in Oklahoma don't have basements due to our soil type. But you won't have any trouble finding shelter! Like Lissa said, we usually know days in advance when storms will be tornadic. For example, we had some tornadic storms last Friday and Saturday night, and I think I was hearing they could potentially be tornadic as early as Wednesday. And when those storms come around, there's constant weather coverage on all of the news stations. Plus, just because there's a tornado doesn't mean it'll be life-threatening. I mean, obviously you don't want to be outside in it, but in most cases a closet in the middle of your house will be fine. Most tornadoes aren't mile-wide F5s! Haha so there isn't too much reason to worry about them. You may even come to enjoy tornado weather, like many crazy Oklahomans do :)

Another question. How's parking at the school (should I live further away)? I currently share a car with my sister who is a freshman in college, but my parents would most likely let me have the car since she doesn't really need it. And also, how necessary is it to have a car should it somehow fall through.

And just talked to Anna about a questions. Pretty much a member of c/o 2016 now!!!

Another question. How's parking at the school (should I live further away)? I currently share a car with my sister who is a freshman in college, but my parents would most likely let me have the car since she doesn't really need it. And also, how necessary is it to have a car should it somehow fall through.

And just talked to Anna about a questions. Pretty much a member of c/o 2016 now!!!
Woohoo! Welcome, you should join the class of 2016 facebook group so I can creep on you. As for parking, there is a parking lot directly across the street from the school. Permit prices did go up last year but they are still reasonable especially compared to some other schools in the state/region. OSU does have a bus system that is free for students that drops off in the same parking lot but I don't know where it picks up/if you would need to change buses/how long it takes to get from point A to point B. A lot of vet students live in houses behind the school (like Cowgirla) where it is easy to walk to class if you want. I drove through that neighborhood yesterday and there were still some houses available for rent.

:banana: yay!!!! Have you officially said yes? I knew you didn't have that long!!

Yup, I can think of at least a half dozen houses for rent within walking distance. Some of them look like they're on the bigger side - 3/4 bedroom though.

Parking's rarely a problem. If you are late / skip a class, you might have to walk from the far side of the big lot, but it's still not a very far walk at all! There are also people who just park on the residential streets in my neighborhood and walk from there.

Honesly, I don't know how people survive anywhere without cars, but I've always had mine! From my house, I can easily (<15 minutes) walk to school, Braums (ice cream/groceries), Chinese food, a liquor store and a gas station/subway. Probably some other places as well but those are the only ones I've ventured to on foot! Like Lissa said there are the buses that run to school and also around town to grocery stores, walmart, and things like that.