OSU Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I’ve got some info! This is on their website:

Most admission decisions will be made following receipt of autumn semester grades and will be conditional, based on successful completion of any prerequisites and maintaining satisfactory academic progress.

Interview: The admissions committee will select qualified students to interview for admittance into the program. Interviews will be conducted on campus in late February or early March; check back for updates. Out-of-state students will have an option to interview via video conference.

Link: Application and Interview Information | College of Dentistry | The Ohio State University

Members don't see this ad.

Most admission decisions will be made following receipt of autumn semester grades and will be conditional, based on successful completion of any prerequisites and maintaining satisfactory academic progress.

Interview: The admissions committee will select qualified students to interview for admittance into the program. Interviews will be conducted on campus in late February or early March; check back for updates. Out-of-state students will have an option to interview via video conference.

Link: Application and Interview Information | College of Dentistry | The Ohio State University

It is news, but I’m not the happiest about the dates

Isnt that seem to be for hygiene program? I am not sure but I think it is under the hygiene program... correct me if I am wrong!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Isnt that seem to be for hygiene program? I am not sure but I think it is under the hygiene program... correct me if I am wrong!
Oh man, you’re right. Well my credibility in this thread is now at 0 lmao. Dang why’s the CoD not giving any updates

Reactions: 3 users
Oh man, you’re right. Well my credibility in this thread is now at 0 lmao. Dang why’s the CoD not giving any updates

haha dont worry! you just tried to help. I hope they give out updates asap for us.

I contacted admissions about interviews, and they said they should be sending out invites within the next couple of weeks! They plan to notify acceptances on decision day, December 15th, as well.

In the past, they invite you to an interview 2-3 weeks prior. Given the circumstances, they may only give 1 week's notice and make the interviews online this year.

Reactions: 8 users
I contacted admissions about interviews, and they said they should be sending out invites within the next couple of weeks! They plan to notify acceptances on decision day, December 15th, as well.

In the past, they invite you to an interview 2-3 weeks prior. Given the circumstances, they may only give 1 week's notice and make the interviews online this year.

Thank you for your sweet updates! I now know that I will know what will happen within few weeks!!! Good luck to all of us!

Did they happen to tell you how many waves/batches they plan on sending invites, or are they going to send all invites on one day? I'd email to ask myself, but since I already emailed last week for something else, I don't want to seem annoying lol

Did they happen to tell you how many waves/batches they plan on sending invites, or are they going to send all invites on one day? I'd email to ask myself, but since I already emailed last week for something else, I don't want to seem annoying lol
I spoke to one of the admission counselor about 2 weeks ago and all she mentioned was that interview invitations have not been sent to students yet so nothing to worry about. I guess we will just really have to wait. It is just making me anxious as there are only 5 weeks until the decision date. Assuming they notify students only a week ahead of interview for latest to be first week of December, we have about 3 weeks to hear back from. I think they might still do one or two batches but who knows! :diebanana:

+pity+Hope I dont go too crazy for next few weeks!!!

they said they are still planning on interviewing around 240 applicants. They did not specify how many different interview dates there will be, but in the past, there's 4 with about 60 applicants on each of the days.

Reactions: 4 users
they said they are still planning on interviewing around 240 applicants. They did not specify how many different interview dates there will be, but in the past, there's 4 with about 60 applicants on each of the days.

Thank you for the information !

Reactions: 2 users
Wow thank you for contacting them! They interview good amount of instates I think.. we will know for sure in next few weeks! Thanks again!!!!:corny:

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone familiar with the Kira Talent assessment?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this what OSU is utilizing this cycle?
I believe so. Although it makes sense given the amount of candidates they have to interview by December. A little nerve-wracking since it won't be with a student or faculty, but now it's more a time for celebration :D :D :D

I believe so. Although it makes sense given the amount of candidates they have to interview by December. A little nerve-wracking since it won't be with a student or faculty, but now it's more a time for celebration :D :D :D
Congratulations! How did they notify you?

Interview #5
School: OSU
Notification date: 11/12/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/17
Application complete date: 8/14 but pre-reqs approved 10/16
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/26/25/none
Dates Available OR Interview Date: Through Kira and will get email from them soon

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #5
Residency: MD (OOS)
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/15
Application complete date: 9/10 (prerequisite email)
GPA (science, overall): 3.8, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/24/28/none
Dates Available OR Interview Date: Through Kira and will get email from them soon

*Michigan also did their interviews through Kira. The website was very easy to use, but the interview not fun considering Michigan's MMI format (had to read multi-paragraph prompts and respond). I'm sure OSU's questions will be different, and easier to answer without a person present.

Anybody in-state receive an interview? I was dreading this day that people started posting invites in this thread lol

I know that at least a few in states got invites today. OSU usually sends most of their OOS invites in the first wave so I wouldnt worry too much if you haven’t heard yet (I haven’t heard from them either and I’m in state).

Interview #5
Residency: MD (OOS)
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/15
Application complete date: 9/10 (prerequisite email)
GPA (science, overall): 3.8, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/24/28/none

*Michigan also did their interviews through Kira. The website was very easy to use, but the interview not fun considering Michigan's MMI format (had to read multi-paragraph prompts and respond). I'm sure OSU's questions will be different, and easier to answer without a person present.

What do you mean without a person present?

I genuinely don’t know if I got an interview or not. I received an email about being a candidate assessment for Kira and I don’t know if everyone got that or it’s an interview ? Anyone who received an interview what did you get ?
That’s the interview!

• Love
Interview #6 @ Ohio State via Kira
Notified 11/12
OOS (WI)
Stats below

In the orientation meeting yesterday (recorded & posted online for those who could not attend, and also another session is planned for Dec 3rd), admissions said some Kira Qs will be answered with a typed response, and others with a a recorded video response.

They also asked us to spread the word to not panic if you haven't yet received an email invitation (i.e. interviews are still being sent out!)

Reactions: 4 users
Where is the zoom meeting posted ? Can you send a link?
Its the link they included in the interview invitation email. It looks like they haven't posted the recorded zoom session yet, but they said it may take a couple of days to get it uploaded, so hopefully its available soon.

OOS student here also got an invitation last week. First time trying this new kira style interview. For those that already did the interview did you have enough time to get your points across because I did the practice questions and each response had to be 45 seconds. Is the real thing similar in terms of time of response being 45 seconds of is it different for different questions? Thanks!

For the real thing I got 30 seconds of prep and 1:30 to give an answer, which I thought was plenty of time to give a decent response. Wish I had slightly longer to prep, though.

Received Interview invite last Friday, I sent an e-mail today asking to no longer be considered. Hopefully that results in one more person getting an interview! Good luck!!

Received Interview invite last Friday, I sent an e-mail today asking to no longer be considered. Hopefully that results in one more person getting an interview! Good luck!!
Why did you do that if you don’t mind asking!

Why did you do that if you don’t mind asking!
I have interviewed with several schools that I feel would be a better fit for us. Nothing against OSU at all, just how things have worked out!

I have interviewed with several schools that I feel would be a better fit for us. Nothing against OSU at all, just how things have worked out!
Icic :))) thank you for letting us know!

Is that the

“You've been invited to complete an assessment for The DDS Class of 2025 at The Ohio State University College of Dentistry.” Email??​

Update: the interview email was supposed to be sent out first but wasn’t. So these emails both signify an interview. Congrats everyone!

To those who have already completed the Kira assessment, what were the questions like? I have no idea what to expect lol

4 video responses and 1 typed. More than enough time to answer the question in the real thing. Know about past experiences etc
So It didn't take more than 30 minutes right?! Thank you for your input by the way!

I just finished the Kira interview, and it was definitely a new experience but probably the best approach with not being able to meet in person. I thought it was simple and pretty easy, and you had a chance to calm your nerves before moving onto the next question. I believe I had plenty of time to prepare my answer but thought I was running out of time when answering the questions. I am a reapplicant, so I interviewed with OSU last year, and I thought this method really misses out on connecting with your interviewer, but what else are we supposed to do during this time lol.

Good Luck, Everyone!

I just finished the Kira interview, and it was definitely a new experience but probably the best approach with not being able to meet in person. I thought it was simple and pretty easy, and you had a chance to calm your nerves before moving onto the next question. I believe I had plenty of time to prepare my answer but thought I was running out of time when answering the questions. I am a reapplicant, so I interviewed with OSU last year, and I thought this method really misses out on connecting with your interviewer, but what else are we supposed to do during this time lol.

Good Luck, Everyone!
Thank you for sharing your experience!!! I really appreciate it 😊😊

Any advice on writing a letter of intent to OSU? I don’t have an interview. But this is my top choice. I wasn’t sure if it’s a good idea. Or even if they will have more interview invites to give.

Can i ask why you guys chose to apply to Ohio
state? Any advice is truly appreciated!