Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS too

Members don't see this ad.

Wonder whether its based on MCAT score/OOS status that they are targeting the applicants for review - may be that's why we all are receiving this "complete" email at this time...mine is been complete since Aug.

Call me pessi but I think all of us who got it are pre interview rejects, regardless of whether it's a glitch or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Call me pessi but I think all of us who got it are pre interview rejects, regardless of whether it's a glitch or not.

I don't think so, there are people that have acceptances that received it as well.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the same email. Got all excited that they actually sent me something, even if it was a meaningless something. OOS here as well, but high stat applicant.

Damn I just got the "sorry for the error message last night." I got all excited and thought it was an ii.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I like that they were kind enough to tell us, "You know that letter that basically said we were still looking at your application and it is complete? Well it was an accident, and doesn't mean anything has changed. So don't get all excited. It's not like we're actually looking at your app any more than we were before."

PCOM, why must you reject my advances. You're the one that got away.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get any email lol but I am applying to one of the dual degree programs so maybe that's why? Any other dual applicants here?

I didn't get any email lol but I am applying to one of the dual degree programs so maybe that's why? Any other dual applicants here?

Which dual degree program did you apply to?

FINALLY got an ii! complete late august

Reactions: 2 users
Call me pessi but I think that those who did not get the emails are rejected.

Trolling_2b4022_1394700.jpg

Jeez guys what do I know? My point was that we can't pinpoint a conclusion to these glitches.

Does anyone know if PCOM offers early patient exposure? Any community involvement? How common is it to do research in the pre-clinical years? Thanks in advance.

You guys love to speculate. You're gonna give the neurotic applicants an aneurysm. It was a glitch, end of.

II this morning and I did not get that email everyone was talking about. Really excited! 2ndary sent in mid-August.

II this morning and I did not get that email everyone was talking about. Really excited! 2ndary sent in mid-August.

Call me opti but I think everyone who didn't get an email will get an ii.

Does anyone know how full the class is so far?

Apparently iis were recently coming in for lads that were complete all the way back in august so I guess they should have a lot of open spots. Either that or they're reviewing apps out of order and randomly, not 100% sure.

Last edited:
Accepted!!! The letter just came in the mail today! Interviewed 1/13/14. 27 MCAT, 3.97 cGPA, 3.95 sGPA, DE-resident (DIMER applicant), URM.

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else get an interview email with no date attached? I got an email saying that they are offering me an interview but are currently "expanding their interview calendar" and will be in touch with me as soon as they have more dates.

Anyone? I'm super excited to have an interview, but not knowing when is killing me!

Did anyone else get an interview email with no date attached? I got an email saying that they are offering me an interview but are currently "expanding their interview calendar" and will be in touch with me as soon as they have more dates.

Anyone? I'm super excited to have an interview, but not knowing when is killing me!

yep i had the same one, it's not an issue, they'll probably contact us this week.

When did you have everything submitted to PCOM? Would you mind sharing your stats? Just curious as I had everything submitted to them by Aug 31st and haven't heard anything still! Thanks for any info : )

I submitted my ii... eh... sometime in late Sept/early Oct? And I'm 3.4 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 9/10/11 T.

Sorry, that probably doesn't help very much.

Nope, neither. I have some pretty unique ECs, though, and I graduated from a liberal arts school, which I've heard they like.

ETA: I'm not URM, in a racial sense, but I am first-gen and come from a low-income family in an underserved area. That probably got me a bit of forgiveness.

Nope, neither. I have some pretty unique ECs, though, and I graduated from a liberal arts school, which I've heard they like.

Thanks....I wish I knew exactly how PCOM selected their students...anyways Congrats on your ii

I submitted my ii... eh... sometime in late Sept/early Oct? And I'm 3.4 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 9/10/11 T.

Sorry, that probably doesn't help very much.
Thanks a lot for the info and congrats on your interview...wishing you the best of luck!

From what I've seen in this thread and years past, PCOM truly wants an interesting student body, that's why you see a lot of Non trads with lower GPAs but a wealth of life experience get interviews/acceptances...and with the amount of applications they get, they can pick and choose really whoever they want, which is also why you see many 3.8+ 30+ MCATs not even getting interviews.

Got accepted today!! I was blown away. I thought for sure that I would have to retake my MCAT. Interviewed on 1/13, Accepted 2/3. MCAT 24, 22 second time. 3.66 GPA 3.75 sGPA. Tons of volunteering, EMT, research, organization president. There is hope!!! Good luck to everyone!!!