Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep I just received it. the only prompt is:
We recommend typing your essay in a Word document and pasting into the field below.

Noting the missions and objectives of the Osteopathic profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a DO. (250 words)

Reactions: 1 users
sec received! early wow yay. sent and check submitted

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I received it last night too, can't complain about having a single straightforward prompt to write. Think I'll turn this in tonight. Cheers, guys!

Reactions: 1 user
my info was submitted to schools by aacomas on june 19th

Secondary received and submitted today. I'm really excited about this school. :) Does anyone know if they grant fee waivers for those of us who had waivers for AACOMAS?

Secondary received and submitted today. I'm really excited about this school. :) Does anyone know if they grant fee waivers for those of us who had waivers for AACOMAS?

Yes there is a fee waiver. I got the AACOMAS fee waiver and during my secondary they just let me submit free without asking or doing anything.

I was able to submit mine as well, but the e-mail I got for the secondary also said:

Your application will be processed and assessed by the Faculty Committee on Admissions only after the receipt of:
  • Completed supplemental application for admission - Philadelphia Campus
    • The PCOM User ID field requires the nine-digit number found in the subject line of this email.
    • Please note that the supplemental application form can only be submitted electronically and cannot be resubmitted once you have clicked the final 'Submit Application' button.
  • Non-refundable $50 application fee.
    • Check or money order made payable to PCOM
    • Include your first and last names and PCOM User ID in the memo area
    • Mail check/money order along with a copy of this email to the Office of Admissions (address listed below)
    • Electronic payment of application fee is not available.

I'm a little confused.

If you applied to both the GA campus and PA campus, do you submit $100 or still just $50? And do we submit letters to both GA and PA? Do we get another email from the GA campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a little confused.

If you applied to both the GA campus and PA campus, do you submit $100 or still just $50? And do we submit letters to both GA and PA? Do we get another email from the GA campus?

I submitted two checks. Either way it's a synced account though, so one check may suffice.

Wow, got the secondary late last night!
I think schools do this to avoid having to deal with people calling them with questions right off the bat. I've gotten a ton of secondaries on Fridays after business hours.

I think schools do this to avoid having to deal with people calling them with questions right off the bat. I've gotten a ton of secondaries on Fridays after business hours.
I don't blame them... Forces people to go and read directions better and stuff instead of just calling in panic.

I don't blame them... Forces people to go and read directions better and stuff instead of just calling in panic.
Exactly, do your research. "I read the email 348 times and it didn't tell me everything I need to know ever." Better panic and call some poor sap at the school.

I'm a little confused.

check with the school as I believe you need to send 2 checks

Hey guys,

Does the secondary have any prompt as to whether you are a re-app or not? Currently on WL and submitted aacomas late june so I won't be receiving the secondary for a while. Wanted to get a jumpstart on that question though if it's there.

Hey guys,

Does the secondary have any prompt as to whether you are a re-app or not? Currently on WL and submitted aacomas late june so I won't be receiving the secondary for a while. Wanted to get a jumpstart on that question though if it's there.
'

They waitlisted you already?

Prompt: Noting the missions and objectives of the Osteopathic profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a DO. (250 words)

There is a question RE: re-app, Briefly summarize below what you have done since your last application to improve your candidacy to PCOM:

My app was released to schools on 7/3 and no secondary here WTF? Anyone in my boat?

My app was released to schools on 7/3 and no secondary here WTF? Anyone in my boat?
You're probably in a different batch. Mine was released on 6/19 and I got mine a few days ago. You'll probably get it in the next wave of them.

Wow guys, so I'm really tired right now and I just submitted the secondary. I accidentally wrote my birthday instead of today's date for the signature page. Hopefully they realize I didn't actually sign it 22 years ago.

I should get some sleep now.

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone comment on how strict they are about the LOR requirement?....... I really want to apply here but my two science letters are from my anatomy prof and my research PI (cancer research, received credit for the research).

EDIT: AND, online it does not mention that these letters have to be from basic science profs. Only science profs.

Was the class stat the same for both the philly campus and georgia campus?

Just submitted. Did you guys get a confirmation email regarding the submission of your application? I didn't FWIW

Does anyone know if we can submit additional LOR's or if there is a limit. I looked on the website and it is unclear and no one answered when I called.

'

They waitlisted you already?

Haha, no. I interviewed late March and was delayed and put on the WL in May. Still have my fingers crossed though.

There is a question RE: re-app, Briefly summarize below what you have done since your last application to improve your candidacy to PCOM:

Thank you!

Is it ok in this prompt, to make your career goal intentions clear?
For example, if you want to apply to one of their dual degree programs . . .can you state that in this prompt? Or is that not appropriate?

Received, but my goodness I feel weird writing out a check and mailing it

Last edited:
Urgent question, do we make two separate payments if we're applying to both the PA and GA campus??

Urgent question, do we make two separate payments if we're applying to both the PA and GA campus??
I did. Two money orders $50 each both addressed to PCOM. I also included copies of each email, one from GA and one from PA.

If we're using Virtual Eval do we submit our lor to both PCOM-GA and PCOM-PA or just the main one PCOM-PA?

If we're using Virtual Eval do we submit our lor to both PCOM-GA and PCOM-PA or just the main one PCOM-PA?
You should call the office because I was told just to send to one and they would duplicate into the other application as long as both are on file at the same time.

You should call the office because I was told just to send to one and they would duplicate into the other application as long as both are on file at the same time.
I thought through virtual evals the schools just download them from the undergrad the uploaded them and there is nothing that we need to actually do

My undergrad did the actually sending of the letters, I gave them a list and virtualevals sent a list back with the schools that received my letters. On there, the PA and GA campus were listed separately. But I agree, call to make sure.

I submited both secondaries today but did not recieve a confirmation email from either. did you guys?

For the secondary prompt...did anyone mention the mission statement? or just took that into consideration when formulating the response.

I submited both secondaries today but did not recieve a confirmation email from either. did you guys?

Confirmation after processing i believe

I thought through virtual evals the schools just download them from the undergrad the uploaded them and there is nothing that we need to actually do
You also have to let them know to check virtual eval otherwise how will they know to look for your specific letters? It will only delay you moving forward I think

Wow guys, so I'm really tired right now and I just submitted the secondary. I accidentally wrote my birthday instead of today's date for the signature page. Hopefully they realize I didn't actually sign it 22 years ago.

I should get some sleep now.

I did the same thing this morning... To early for me, maybe to late for you!

My status check shows that my pre-health adviser letter is missing. I sent it weeks ago. If they refuse to give out information over email or phone in regards to applications statuses, how am I supposed to know if I need to send another one? I get it, they receive a lot of apps, so does every other school. Other schools seem more than happy to take your calls, and or emails in regards to application materials (End Rant). Also, does anyone else have the status check say that their secondary has arrived for the PA campus, but not the GA?