Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations!!!!

You must be the first.

Share stats/complete date?
I was complete at the beginning of August!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete at the beginning of August, my Lizzy M (for confidentiality) is between 60-63
WOW this is awesome.

i wanted to ask you something but I cannot PM since your profile is stalker proof lol
PM me?

Congrats! just curious if you guys don't mind posting what kind of dates they are offering you? What day of the week and how soon they will start interviewing.
They only give you one date (this month) and provide a phone number to call if you need to arrange a different interview date.

Are you both early decision or regular decision?
Regular decision!

Do you guys think I should apply? I have a 3.4cpga/3.3sgpa and 25 MCAT. I applied here last cycle and didn't hear anything back so I wasn't sure if it was worth applying again

II!!!! My first one!!! How do I prepare what do I do someone help a brotha they said in the email 4 hours but with a tour and such, how long is the actual interview?

Regular decision by the way

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II!!!! My first one!!! How do I prepare what do I do someone help a brotha they said in the email 4 hours but with a tour and such, how long is the actual interview?

Regular decision by the way

Just this morning?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

@PCOM Admissions

Is your office receptive to letters of recommendation from current students following completion of primary and secondary applications and required letters of recommendation? Thanks!

@PCOM Admissions

Is your office receptive to letters of recommendation from current students following completion of primary and secondary applications and required letters of recommendation? Thanks!
They will take a letter from a student, a friend sent one for me.

Hey guys, dumb question I'm sure but just wanted to make sure. I submitted my secondary just now but I was not prompted to pay the secondary fee. Do instructions to do so come when it gets "processed" later on or am I missing something?

Congrats on the II, can I ask if you got any type of complete email? Or is this basically your submitted date?
I received a "successful processing" email when I first submitted my secondary application. In that email I received a user name/pw and link to access an online application summary to observe what the admissions committee had received. No notifications of receiving individual items (letters of rec, test scores). However, all can be checked to see if they were received in the "online application summary" I previously mentioned. Hope this helps.

I received a "successful processing" email when I first submitted my secondary application. In that email I received a user name/pw and link to access an online application summary to observe what the admissions committee had received. No notifications of receiving individual items (letters of rec, test scores). However, all can be checked to see if they were received in the "online application summary" I previously mentioned. Hope this helps.

Great, that's very helpful!

Hey guys, dumb question I'm sure but just wanted to make sure. I submitted my secondary just now but I was not prompted to pay the secondary fee. Do instructions to do so come when it gets "processed" later on or am I missing something?
There is a link in the email sent to you. You can log in with the user ID nad password they provided you with and there you can make the payment I beleive. The link to the secondary doesn't have anything to do with payment. lmk if this helps.

There is a link in the email sent to you. You can log in with the user ID nad password they provided you with and there you can make the payment I beleive. The link to the secondary doesn't have anything to do with payment. lmk if this helps.

I randomly got the email with payment information earlier today (a day after submitting the secondary). Thanks for the reply. :)

Hey guys I am applying here as well! Got a question about the LORs. I submitted my secondaries 1 month ago but my 3rd faculty LOR did not get submitted until last Sunday. I was just wondering if we have to email the admission office about this update or will they automatically process this change?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys I am applying here as well! Got a question about the LORs. I submitted my secondaries 1 month ago but my 3rd faculty LOR did not get submitted until last Sunday. I was just wondering if we have to email the admission office about this update or will they automatically process this change?

Thanks in advance!
Yes email them if you are doing it through AACOMAS they have to manually search for it and re-download. I had this same thing happen a few weeks ago.

Just submitted the secondary yesterday!

Also --- how long did it take you guys to have your status as complete on the secondary for the LORs? (Not the status column, but with a date on them?). My LORs were submitted through AACOMAS a long time ago.

I got an II on monday morning as well, Lizzy M ~65-68 and submitted my app on 8/27 and it was processed within a few days

Does PCOM go through the applications in the order they were received?
I was complete late July..just curious to see if anyone knows how they process apps

Does anyone have any information on how their interview is conducted?

My pre med adviser sent in my comity letter. I'm not sure if I should notify them or just stay put. Their website states not to contact them. :(:confused:

No news is good news but damn, can the schools break the silence. My patient is being tested real hard.

Reactions: 3 users
My pre med adviser sent in my comity letter. I'm not sure if I should notify them or just stay put. Their website states not to contact them. :(:confused:

You have to email them. Read the letters of rec section in the requirements for applying on their website. They need to be notified so they can pull the letters off of AACOMAS. I didn't so I was incomplete a month after my letter was sent in

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Question guys, I dont have a committee letter, but I do have 2 faculty + 2 work + 1 DO letter, havent heard anything back from PCOM, and the online portal shows my 2 faculty and 1 DO letter as received in additional letters,but not my 2 work ones..., but for the "Pre-Health Advsr/Committee" there is no received date....does that mean they didnt consider the other 2 work letters? The portal also says "Application status information is also not provided via phone or email inquiry at any time." hence my hesitancy to contact them..... and been this way since aug

Question guys, I dont have a committee letter, but I do have 2 faculty + 2 work + 1 DO letter, havent heard anything back from PCOM, and the online portal shows my 2 faculty and 1 DO letter as received in additional letters,but not my 2 work ones..., but for the "Pre-Health Advsr/Committee" there is no received date....does that mean they didnt consider the other 2 work letters? The portal also says "Application status information is also not provided via phone or email inquiry at any time." hence my hesitancy to contact them..... and been this way since aug
Read their letter requirement, work letters are not needed so you won't see them. You have to send in all the letters they want that will complete your application or you will never hear from them

You have to email them. Read the letters of rec section in the requirements for applying on their website. They need to be notified so they can pull the letters off of AACOMAS. I didn't so I was incomplete a month after my letter was sent in

Thanks, i emailed them. They did not reply, but the portal was updated. Am I supposed to get a coplete email now or just wait for II or rejection?

For the secondary app question - its say limit to 250 words.
Will it still save everything if I went beyond?

For the secondary app question - its say limit to 250 words.
Will it still save everything if I went beyond?

Even if it did, if you can't follow instructions on a secondary, it will hurt your chances unnecessarily on an II. Type it up on Word before committing to writing it down on the actual secondary page.

So, I just submitted the secondary app and I didn't get a single thing in my email acknowledging that it has been received, is that normal?

Also, I submitted the $75 on that status check page and I don't think I received a confirmation email for the receipt of that either.

How long does it take to get these two confirmation emails?

So, I just submitted the secondary app and I didn't get a single thing in my email acknowledging that it has been received, is that normal?

Also, I submitted the $75 on that status check page and I don't think I received a confirmation email for the receipt of that either.

How long does it take to get these two confirmation emails?
They say allow 15 business days to process materials, allow some time nothing happens immediately.