Post-Apocalyptic WWorld of Pokemon - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Speaking of the Rick and Morty game... have you seen ThinkGeek's artisan plumbus (plumbuses? plumbii?) for sale today?

And, according to their description, "what doesn't it do?" :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@Trilt

I'm still semi-confused about my role. You said in dead chat that my first attempt had a 50% chance of working and the next 2 had a 33% chance of working.

My role description said my attempts had the best chance of working if done immediately after the person died. Was this even a factor though? If tried to rez Romo on N3 instead of N1 would it still have had a 50% chance of working?

Yeah like I said, I didn't even know I was mimicking affiliations as well, that definitely could have been to my detriment later. And I get it, but why in the world @allieh8607 (who supposedly had dirt on Kam) didn't come out with it before my death and why the bloody hands Jilary picture was completely ignored at the same time just drove me up the wall (especially because it took so long to get back on Jilary).

Definitely wondering that too as it might have made a difference. As far as the Jilary thing, I would have gone either way because it was too pieces of incriminating information but more people seemed to want to jump on you so I figured Jilary could be handled the next day. Of course then all of the crap came out on Kam and I thought she was more important to take out than Jil based on the information that her ability was an extra kill... I thought surely Jil would go down the next day but then I was dead and we all know that didn't happen. LOL

I was super surprised the MissingNo. role didn't ever draw any fire. When seered, she caused her results to gl1tch a_ littl*e, and even though the wolves noticed this, they just thought I suddenly had a bunch of typos haha. I think STB? also seered her and must have also thought I just can't type. :laugh:
I'm still surprised that I was the only wolf who thought that that was suspicious... asdfjkl;

Members don't see this ad :)
@Trilt

I'm still semi-confused about my role. You said in dead chat that my first attempt had a 50% chance of working and the next 2 had a 33% chance of working.

My role description said my attempts had the best chance of working if done immediately after the person died. Was this even a factor though? If tried to rez Romo on N3 instead of N1 would it still have had a 50% chance of working?

Definitely wondering that too as it might have made a difference. As far as the Jilary thing, I would have gone either way because it was too pieces of incriminating information but more people seemed to want to jump on you so I figured Jilary could be handled the next day. Of course then all of the crap came out on Kam and I thought she was more important to take out than Jil based on the information that her ability was an extra kill... I thought surely Jil would go down the next day but then I was dead and we all know that didn't happen. LOL

Your rez would automatically fail if performed more than a day out, because people would have entered the Pokemon Tower chat and I didn't want that level of information sharing getting back into the game. The 50/33 was for "valid" attempts. :)

Yeah like I said, I didn't even know I was mimicking affiliations as well, that definitely could have been to my detriment later. And I get it, but why in the world @allieh8607 (who supposedly had dirt on Kam) didn't come out with it before my death and why the bloody hands Jilary picture was completely ignored at the same time just drove me up the wall (especially because it took so long to get back on Jilary).

In hind sight, I wish I would have been more confident coming out with that information right when I had the first inkling it could be wolfy. I'm not too familiar with Pokemon anymore and when I got "red, bare skin" I spent awhile trying to figure out which Pokemon it was. Then I started asking STB for help figuring it out, and by the time we concluded it was possible Kam was Jesse, she was on the thread accusing you and was SO SURE you were a wolf. It had me and STB scratching our heads. We also knew Kam had given a role name to someone and we were trying to navigate through the extensive communication network to see if her given/cover role matched with "red and bare skin"...finally we learned they didn't match and we knew Kam needed to go down the next day. We had people on thread saying "we MUST test this info!!!! If Kcoughli isn't a wolf, we got after Kam tomorrow!!" So I feel like we were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Sorry :/

In hind sight, I wish I would have been more confident coming out with that information right when I had the first inkling it could be wolfy. I'm not too familiar with Pokemon anymore and when I got "red, bare skin" I spent awhile trying to figure out which Pokemon it was. Then I started asking STB for help figuring it out, and by the time we concluded it was possible Kam was Jesse, she was on the thread accusing you and was SO SURE you were a wolf. It had me and STB scratching our heads. We also knew Kam had given a role name to someone and we were trying to navigate through the extensive communication network to see if her given/cover role matched with "red and bare skin"...finally we learned they didn't match and we knew Kam needed to go down the next day. We had people on thread saying "we MUST test this info!!!! If Kcoughli isn't a wolf, we got after Kam tomorrow!!" So I feel like we were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Sorry :/
Several of those players were wolves...:whistle:

25% wolf-to-villager ratio is harsh, holy ****ing hell.

My feels were wrong. They have been recalibrated. STL is now always a wolf.
If you ever want to trust STL you have to go into it knowing that you're probably being played. I know because...well, been there. It's the same way I handle you most of the time. You can trust him all you want, but don't make anyone else think your trust is worth anything :laugh:

Thanks for the game, Trilt! Your games are really fun for me. Unfortunately, I'm probably one of the annoying players who just slide by without much knowledge on the theme so maybe I should sit them out.

Your rez would automatically fail if performed more than a day out, because people would have entered the Pokemon Tower chat and I didn't want that level of information sharing getting back into the game. The 50/33 was for "valid" attempts. :)

Clearly most people went to the tower, but in the event that they hadn't would a rez attempt have still auto-failed?

Just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
I honestly hadn't thought through it, but probably would have gone to the 50/33, not auto fail.
That's because nobody would give up the chance to hang with the cool dead Pokémon! :D
I can't remember, did you mention in the tower invitation that once you went to the tower you could no longer be rezzed? I figured that was the case, but not sure if you actually said it.

That's because nobody would give up the chance to hang with the cool dead Pokémon! :D
I can't remember, did you mention in the tower invitation that once you went to the tower you could no longer be rezzed? I figured that was the case, but not sure if you actually said it.
Nah. I genuinely didn't think Finn would try rezzing anyone who hadn't really recently died, and definitely didn't want to discourage people from hanging out with me. :D

(Because let's be realistic, the dead chat was just my excuse to be able to talk to players haha).

I know I said something similar, too. But truly, it is the best way to play. You have to assume the info is legit.
Yeah, this is why it worked...it was, hands-down, the best villager move to test the info and go from there. The only reason it worked in our favor was that I was caught anyway and was going to die whether I drew suspicion with the "false info" or not.

Thanks for the game mods. Sorry if I got frustrated. I thought I was having good luck with items, until I realized (or failed to realize) I couldn't use any of them.

Glad to see my last lynch vote for dyachei was on point.

Editing of non-typos sucks, especially when EDT people have a 3 hr head start on looking at the thread, and I hope that is not a part of future games.

All the nerding out should be under *********s. It is super hard to follow along when the thread is 2 nerd posts to 1 game post.

But even if you have info that source is wolfy? I'm just saying, that info coming out could've saved me

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile
could have. but probably not. because then you have to weigh the info. deference should always be given to a potential seer.

But even if you have info that source is wolfy? I'm just saying, that info coming out could've saved me

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile
Well by the time I got out of class and saw that the communication got back to me that the description of Kam didn't match her role claim you had told the mods to close early. Not saying it would have changed much but more time to talk about it could have helped. I understand it was frustrating though!

Thanks for the game mods. Sorry if I got frustrated. I thought I was having good luck with items, until I realized (or failed to realize) I couldn't use any of them.

Editing of non-typos sucks, especially when EDT people have a 3 hr head start on looking at the thread, and I hope that is not a part of future games.

All the nerding out should be under *********s. It is super hard to follow along when the thread is 2 nerd posts to 1 game post.

tumblr_m2j0vmWRt81r04y2f.gif

It's pokemon. I'm disappointed you didn't expect nerd posts. +pity+

Reactions: 6 users
Well by the time I got out of class and saw that the communication got back to me that the description of Kam didn't match her role claim you had told the mods to close early. Not saying it would have changed much but more time to talk about it could have helped. I understand it was frustrating though!
Ah I debated doing that but man alive I was so incredibly frustrated at that point. And once she said the info was mod-given I figured that was the end of the discussion because I assumed if anyone had anything on her it would have come out earlier in the day.

Ah I debated doing that but man alive I was so incredibly frustrated at that point. And once she said the info was mod-given I figured that was the end of the discussion because I assumed if anyone had anything on her it would have come out earlier in the day.
Yeah, I'm not sure I would have acted any differently in your position! I also didn't seer Kam until the night after you died which is when I found out she got the extra night kill every 3 nights and we were sure then she was a wolf :p

No apologies - your frustration amused me more than anything. It was actually kind of cathartic to watch.

The way items worked in this game emphasized the humans, and 2/5 of the non-wolf humans died really fast. I also thought some of the non-Ash/Gary humans would catch pokemon when the poke ball got to them (or network to get it to themselves), but that never happened. So there ended up being more unowned pokemon around than I expected at game end, and I can imagine having a passive role getting stupid items you can't use would be pretty darn annoying.

I disagree about the nerd posts, though. A lot of that talk was really valid, and tapping into your "nerds" could have made some of the people who weren't as familiar with the theme understand it better. I don't feel like this game thread ended up being a lot longer than that of similar sized games despite so much nerding out. :shrug:

Last edited:
tumblr_m2j0vmWRt81r04y2f.gif

It's pokemon. I'm disappointed you didn't expect nerd posts. +pity+

I mean nerd posts are fine when game related but many weren't and many turned into convos about Pokémon video games. It is just annoying when some don't already have time to read then we attempt to read and catch up and it is a bunch of nerding out posts that vary between being useful and being 1000% pointless.

Reactions: 3 users
I did try to keep my nerd talk down to helping people understand parts of the game as I was trying to figure out roles, but that didn't work too well :p

However short it was, I really enjoyed my first wolf run. I secretly wanted to be lynched only because I feel like I could have made a really awesome wolf brag about being on Ash's team and then joining Team Rocket, especially since aloha died and I was converted on the same night :shifty:

No apologies - your frustration amused me more than anything. It was actually kind of cathartic to watch.

The way items worked in this game emphasized the humans, and 2/5 of the non-wolf humans died really fast. I also thought some of the non-Ash/Gary humans would catch pokemon when the poke ball got to them (or network to get it to themselves), but that never happened. So there ended up being more unowned pokemon around than I expected at game end, and I can imagine having a passive role getting stupid items you can't use would be pretty darn annoying.

I disagree about the nerd posts, though. A lot of that talk was really valid, and tapping into your "nerds" could have made some of the people who weren't as familiar with the theme understand it better. I don't feel like this game thread ended up being a lot longer than that of similar sized games despite so much nerding out. :shrug:

Yeah, but to me, most of the nerding out didn't help the game.

"OK, player 1 has pokeman video game edition Q."
"Player 2 can't wait for edition Molybdenum to come out."
"Player 3's favorite pokeman is bulbousnose."

What game conclusions am I supposed to draw from that?

I get that people like the theme and want to nerd out with each other, yadda yadda, but in a large game these posts add up. For busy people trying to catch up, it would be much easier to participate and stay caught up if stuff was in stars.

If it has nothing to do with the game, it should be in **********s. Even just begin with one *. It's not hard.

Maybe that's just me...

Reactions: 2 users
Oh, yeah, dead people may have totally blocked Hazel on a night when she was going to catch Jilary and would have found out she was Meowth :whistle:We um...weren't always right about things.

Reactions: 3 users
Oh, yeah, dead people may have totally blocked Hazel on a night when she was going to catch Jilary and would have found out she was Meowth :whistle:We um...weren't always right about things.
Sorry about that. :oops:

It took me far too long to figure out what "bad word" you said that SDN censored.

Reactions: 6 users

I get that people like the theme and want to nerd out with each other, yadda yadda, but in a large game these posts add up. For busy people trying to catch up, it would be much easier to participate and stay caught up if stuff was in stars.

If it has nothing to do with the game, it should be in **********s. Even just begin with one *. It's not hard.

Maybe that's just me...

My conclusion is that you don't know Pokemon.. Bulbousnose :laugh:

But seriously, I have no problem starring game un-related posts! I didn't realize super busy people were annoyed!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the game mods. Sorry I was so hopelessly clueless. I have to agree with the superlative. Zen was absolutely awesome to me and super patient with my stupid questions. I was legitimately really sad when the wolves killed her. Hopefully one of these days a WW theme will be something I know and understand. Finally, I have to agree with FFM and DVMD. As much as I was trying to keep up and figure things out even though I didn't understand much of it, the unrelated video game posts really confused me. I often had to google things to figure out if they were related to the game or just extra nerd chatter. Stars around them would have helped.

Maybe that's just me...
No, that's not just you and totally fair. A stars suggestion will be included in future games. :)

I like chatting, and I'm obviously familiar with the theme so it's easy for me to "get" what is relevant to the game and what can be quickly discarded. I can see that being really tough and the endless pages being super frustrating if you aren't.

I guess what I was getting at before is that I saw a lot of complaints about nerding out, and then also a lot about not getting the theme... and there didn't ever seem to be much concerted effort to put the two together productively.

Maybe next game there can be an NPC role whose job is to answer theme questions... Zensing would have been a fabulous pokedex in this game. :D

I didn't realize until this game how much using the app to browse sdn can SUCK.

1. It drops bolded text. So seeing lynch votes is hit or miss, as is reading lynch tallies.

2. It sometimes displays pics, sometimes doesn't. So if there are game-meaningful pics being posted.... Oops.

STL, I don't actually care that you ratted me out OR wrongly thought I blocked the wolf move. That is all part of the game, and you played the cards you were dealt like you thought you should. I WISH you hadn't sold me out - I was content to try and work with the wolves - but so what? And frankly, I was laughing my ass off at getting to sell you to the villagers in revenge. It was all hysterical. I do think you should take a deep breath when the mechanics get screwy and just try to make the best of it. I didn't really appreciate the comments about me breaking the game that seemed to attack my character - I felt that was a teensie bit over the line by making it personal. Obviously my conversion-not-conversion was potentially game-breaking, but I wasn't about to destroy Trilt's game. I tried to just play it as chaotic and non game-breaking as I could. Probably didn't do a great job, but I tried. It was an awkward situation.

I mean, in all honesty, you selling me out and then me revenge killing you is the core of WW, even if the circumstances were weird. It was super fun to see that all played out. Backstabbing bastard. :)

Fun game. I felt like a fish out of water in it, but that is on me.

Reactions: 5 users
My conclusion is that you don't know Pokemon.. Bulbousnose :laugh:

But seriously, I have no problem starring game un-related posts! I didn't realize super busy people were annoyed!
I don't know if I'll be playing too much more WW, but I am also more than willing to utilize the stars more often in the future, as well. I do think that the complaints are totally fair, and I really do apologize to those who wound up wasting lots of time wading through the nerd posts (I was probably one of the worst offenders in this regard, especially towards the beginning). While a small fraction of it was actually game-relevant, most of it wasn't; I can recognize how that would be frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome game! I was so disappointed to be killed after barely starting (so much wasted potential :( at least wolves didn't kill me on my bday like villagers later did to Kam :p), but at least it was still really fun to follow along with!

Deva - sorry we had to kill you N1. You were sandwiched between Rojo and I, and we couldn't keep you around since if you had an investigation ability, you would have surely looked into one of us right away.
After my death I figured it had to have been Rojo. I had started the PM with him and it seemed way too early to be a random pick from the wolves :p Didn't have a way of knowing you were also wolfy until that freaking hilary picture...and for a while I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that I advertised in the PM that I was a pokenerd, that having a high knowledge of potential mechanics would make a safe bet for first-night target before further role info could be gained on players :p So i was SOOOO amused when rojo was confirmed/outed by the silly mistake, I wasn't around to catch the post!

I was sad that I only got to use my ability once (on "how many original wolves"), but I'm glad my image at least sorta got figured out (by romo I think) once it was released--even if a little too late to really help anything. So sad I didn't get the chance to stick around and help more :depressed:

And...yeah, poppikacorn was easily the most disturbing writeup I've read yet, way more so than any horror-gif laden one. what the heck man :caution:
Also, can't believe missingno actually appeared in this game :heckyeah:

I think the dead chat was my favorite part of this game. It's nice to be included, even after death. :love:

Thanks, mods!

Was dead chat only for Pokemon roles? Where's the Prof. love :prof:

And...yeah, poppikacorn was easily the most disturbing writeup I've read yet, way more so than any horror-gif laden one. what the heck man :caution:
Also, can't believe missingno actually appeared in this game :heckyeah:

While writing I couldn't help but think "Is this how Lupin feels every day?" :D I was super amused when the wolves then immediately tried to pin it on her.

Was dead chat only for Pokemon roles? Where's the Prof. love :prof:

Only pokemanz, no humans. :( I can only fit like 16 players in...

Thanks mods for the great game. I had a blast for my first time, especially because I made it so far (I was fully expecting to be out by day 2). I'm glad my crazy theories did not go unappreciated and I learned a lot.

Thanks for the game! I enjoyed the nerd chatter, but me and the man have been debating buying a 3DS and getting the next Pokemon game... So we are likely on the wrong side of that argument. I've also taken Trilt saying "You don't need to know a lot." to actually mean "Bone up fool! This is gonna get real! (Or at least figure out the basics and work hard to skate by." But I also really enjoy that aspect of her games. I learn. I get to immerse myself in the character world versus it just being a WW with funny names on typical roles and items.

Reactions: 4 users
And yes, you should all feel ashamed for giving me so much crap while I was still Magikarp. Once I changed, I was excited to kill someone, but at the same time didn't want to die... and yay, my votes counted for something! But then I got scratched again. :(

But I also really enjoy that aspect of her games. I learn. I get to immerse myself in the character world versus it just being a WW with funny names on typical roles and items.

Yes!! I got super into this game. When Hayley died, I screamed "NOOOOO" into my phone. My SO asked what happened in the game (he knows me so well :p) and I said, "the wolves killed my vaporeon! I don't know what I'm going to do without her. She was my baby!!" :rofl:

Thanks for the game! I enjoyed the nerd chatter, but me and the man have been debating buying a 3DS and getting the next Pokemon game... So we are likely on the wrong side of that argument. I've also taken Trilt saying "You don't need to know a lot." to actually mean "Bone up fool! This is gonna get real! (Or at least figure out the basics and work hard to skate by." But I also really enjoy that aspect of her games. I learn. I get to immerse myself in the character world versus it just being a WW with funny names on typical roles and items.

:laugh:

I genuinely asked Gwen a couple times while planning if she thought this was too ridiculous for the random layperson. She and I both thought it was understandable! I've decided the next game I spearhead is going to be a some sort of silly theme vs. a series/game/etc, lol.

(I'm forcing KC to do the heavy lifting on our DRoP game because, well, if you let me get a hold of a fantasy series with 40 years worth of books... I doubt anyone would ever play a game I made again after)!

For this game, what I thought people really needed to get down:
  • pokemon are weird animals who evolve in different ways (fill in the details as game proceeds)
  • humans catch pokemon and use items
  • team rocket and the pokemon they own are bad
Now, what people actually needed to know was probably a bit different...

And yes, you should all feel ashamed for giving me so much crap while I was still Magikarp. Once I changed, I was excited to kill someone, but at the same time didn't want to die... and yay, my votes counted for something! But then I got scratched again. :(
And you never did get that full restore did you? I wonder why?