Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Opinions on diluting fentanyl for a CRI?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 users
So until I read your quotes message, I totally read the I igual post as "options for" diluting fentanyl haha. Thus I sent a message on a particular solution technique to @Rwwilliams

Heh. I just know everyone does it differently, so wondered what precise issues s/he was asking about.

I like to do it undiluted through a syringe pump and then I print out a little spreadsheet I made that inputs weight and prints rates (undiluted) for doses 1-6mcg. No reason other than that is how it was done where I learned. Then I just tell the techs to moderate as needed and let me know if it is insufficient or the animal can be weaned. At one of our hospitals the techs have a dilution method that means 15ml/hr is always 3mcg/kg/hr. I don't like that method, but they do so I roll with it at that hospital.

There are so many ways to do it I just wasn't sure what "issue" s/he wanted help with.

Heh. I just know everyone does it differently, so wondered what precise issues s/he was asking about.

I like to do it undiluted through a syringe pump and then I print out a little spreadsheet I made that inputs weight and prints rates (undiluted) for doses 1-6mcg. No reason other than that is how it was done where I learned. Then I just tell the techs to moderate as needed and let me know if it is insufficient or the animal can be weaned. At one of our hospitals the techs have a dilution method that means 15ml/hr is always 3mcg/kg/hr. I don't like that method, but they do so I roll with it at that hospital.

There are so many ways to do it I just wasn't sure what "issue" s/he wanted help with.
In school we ran it straight on a pump, at my internship we had a diltion method in to 50ml saline that made it really, really easy to know too.

Biomimcry is so cool! The shark class is awesome (not too late to sign up if anyone is so inclined). :) and this manta robot is sweet!

Omg! I just watched the video, Frank was my grad advisor and he's super awesome! I seriously wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for him. I should stop by and visit him to get a pic of us together.

This is Frank with the spotted eagle ray puppet I got him as a thank you gift.

image.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

"She" :) I was always told NOT to dilute fentanyl because it made more difficult to adjust intra-op but jmo PMed me with a method that makes it super easy, so all of my confusion is cleared up.

Has anyone ever used duct tape in a freezer or fridge to make shelves? My unit is missing all the little rails that hold stuff on the shelves so I'm losing out on some serious space.

Has anyone ever used duct tape in a freezer or fridge to make shelves? My unit is missing all the little rails that hold stuff on the shelves so I'm losing out on some serious space.

We used duct tape in our old freezer to hold the broken bars on. Didn't use it all the way across though. Usually lasted a few months before it needed replaced

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else AAZV bound?

Meeeee! I'm driving and currently in Mississippi. Will be in Atlanta by 5pm EST. :)

Edit to say I'm not SDNing and driving. I'm stopped to fuel up at the moment.

Survived internal med WITH the scariest, most intense clinician in the hospital. AND she just said she's going to miss my group because we've been awesome. Notha one in da books!

Reactions: 7 users
Survived internal med WITH the scariest, most intense clinician in the hospital. AND she just said she's going to miss my group because we've been awesome. Notha one in da books!

Congrats! I'm so nervous for imed. Feel like I'm going to be miles behind the small animal folks!

Congrats! I'm so nervous for imed. Feel like I'm going to be miles behind the small animal folks!
You'll be fine! I just tried really hard to write down all on my thoughts in a little notebook so I wouldn't forget when I was discussing things with the clinician. I'm not a very organized person so it was tough lol

Local spay/neuter clinic posted a picture on facebook of a calico cat that was found with a collar but no ID. They said to call and describe the collar to claim the cat.

They took the collar off of her, but left it on the table when they took pictures. It's right there. Totally visible.

Local spay/neuter clinic posted a picture on facebook of a calico cat that was found with a collar but no ID. They said to call and describe the collar to claim the cat.

They took the collar off of her, but left it on the table when they took pictures. It's right there. Totally visible.
:smack:

Lmao this happens so much. My favorite is when people say they'll only give the animal back if you know what sex it is... And it's in the picture :eyebrow:

Lmao this happens so much. My favorite is when people say they'll only give the animal back if you know what sex it is... And it's in the picture :eyebrow:
I've always thought that's a little silly even if there's nothing pictured, because any random person would have a 50/50 shot at guessing correctly! But I guess it's better than not taking any precautions and just handing the animal off to the first interested party.

Our first show of today had to be canceled right as it was starting because of a medical emergency! An older woman in the audience passed out, regained consciousness but couldn't get up. Our staff responded to the first aid call and called an ambulance as well. She was conscious and seemed to be okay... apparently another call happened as the audience was leaving, a teen started feeling faint. The heat index here is obscene right now. Since the show was canceled we brought out a few of our birds for the 2 families to see while they were waiting.

Weirdest part was that while a bunch of staff from different departments came over in response to the call, some other lady in the audience who was helping out with the woman was like "Excuse me, I'm an ER doctor. You need to stay calm. It's just a heat thing." :confused: Uh...okay, they're only doing exactly what our first aid protocol requires...

I'm reading creepy pastas and freaking myself out. Why do I do this?!:scared:
Which ones are you reading? I used to do this all the time and regretted it (but also enjoyed it).

I also like to watch sad youtube videos late at night and cry when I watch them. My roommate my sophomore year of college once woke up to me ugly crying in my bed and it was super awkward.

Which ones are you reading? I used to do this all the time and regretted it (but also enjoyed it).

I also like to watch sad youtube videos late at night and cry when I watch them. My roommate my sophomore year of college once woke up to me ugly crying in my bed and it was super awkward.
I read the fairies and blindness on creepypasta.com tonight. I read a couple others bit they weren't good.

Bedtime (especially parts 1 and 2) was really good. There was another that I cannot remember for the life of me that was so good too about a statue in a museum.

I have GOT to go shopping. I've started combining weird stuff from the freezer and pantry to make meals.
That's what I do all the time. Made diet cola chicken the other night. Diet coke+ketchup+chicken=almost barbecue chicken. My fridge food is a great website.

hi so i´m a pre med student and i need to get some scrubs, i'm from a VERY hot place and need some scrubs that keep with you in that area.. i mean i need som fresh scrubs, also not expensive ones

That's what I do all the time. Made diet cola chicken the other night. Diet coke+ketchup+chicken=almost barbecue chicken. My fridge food is a great website.
:confused: with diet coke!? I do french onion soup and pork and whatnot with sodas, but generally full calorie ones. I'm surprised it doesn't get kinda bitter when it thickens...

:confused: with diet coke!? I do french onion soup and pork and whatnot with sodas, but generally full calorie ones. I'm surprised it doesn't get kinda bitter when it thickens...
Nope, it was fine! Really tasty actually. I got a diet coke and some other snacks and things from the property manager as a move in gift. I don't drink diet sodas so I figured I would try to use it in some way.

Hey man that's totally different! I don't eat any kind of brains!
I drive the boy crazy sometimes because I make this face when he mentions one of his oddball recipes (sweet potato biscuits with coconut milk gravy?! Wtf! Why would you mess with a good thing?!)
Baby-Happy-Face-Meme-05.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
It was seriously yum. Unexpectedly so. It's totally a thing, there are recipes everywhere! Most use regular coke though.

Hey, my mother has been making "coke a cola chicken" for as long as I can remember. She does use regular coke, adds 1-2 T of worcestershire sauce and puts it over egg noodles. It is yummy!

What soda do you put in french onion soup? I always make mine with merlot - you know, adult soda.