Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ha, my mom really wants human ones too, but knows there is no way in hell that is happening anytime in the next 5+ years, so she settles for now :p

My mom keeps telling me that people have babies in vet school all the time. Really mom, is that so?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My mom keeps telling me that people have babies in vet school all the time. Really mom, is that so?

I can't even imagine. I am amazed by the parents in my class, especially the few single parents we have. We also have a husband and wife in my class with a 6 month old. I don't know how they do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sooo... anyone attending the HSVMA Welfare Symposium at LSU in a few weeks? I'd love to say hi!

Ha, my mom really wants human ones too, but knows there is no way in hell that is happening anytime in the next 5+ years, so she settles for now :p

My mom recently posted on Facebook about having visited me and her grandfish. :p

Reactions: 6 users
Saw Doctor Strange last night and really enjoyed it (though I will readily admit that I like all of the MCU and as long as I'm entertained for a few hours I'm good). I am bemoaning the fact we don't have an IMAX here so had to settle for regular 3D. Probably one of the few movies that really benefits from 3D, it's got some really gorgeous visuals. I could see it making some people a little motion sick depending on how sensitive you are. Only nitpicks: Some of the medical stuff (that's not how you gown and glove aseptically, and I don't care how cute Rachel McAdams looks in a scrub cap, her hair needs to be contained better than that!), and I will never get used to Benedict Cumberbatch's American accent.

I squeed over the mid-credits scene.
biggrin.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Saw Doctor Strange last night and really enjoyed it (though I will readily admit that I like all of the MCU and as long as I'm entertained for a few hours I'm good). I am bemoaning the fact we don't have an IMAX here so had to settle for regular 3D. Probably one of the few movies that really benefits from 3D, it's got some really gorgeous visuals. I could see it making some people a little motion sick depending on how sensitive you are. Only nitpicks: Some of the medical stuff (that's not how you gown and glove aseptically, and I don't care how cute Rachel McAdams looks in a scrub cap, her hair needs to be contained better than that!), and I will never get used to Benedict Cumberbatch's American accent.

biggrin.gif
I really enjoyed it as well! Saw it last night! I agree 3D was a good choice, and usually I hate 3D, but it was our only option. I was pleased with it overall.

biggrin.gif
Same on all counts! BF and I both got headaches from the 3D

We're watching a movie that's not particularly sad, but my mom has been crying all the way through. Now she's eating an apple and sniffing loudly between bites. It's hilarious and annoying but it's 100% my mom. :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users
We're watching a movie that's not particularly sad, but my mom has been crying all the way through. Now she's eating an apple and sniffing loudly between bites. It's hilarious and annoying but it's 100% my mom. :laugh:
Reminds me of the time my sister took my dad and I to her high school's production of Beauty and the Beast (she wasn't even in it, she wanted to see her friend in a very bit part though) and he cried the whole way through.

Members don't see this ad :)
Experienced day light savings for the first time last night. Thank goodness for google since I didn't know what I was supposed to do.

Reactions: 7 users
Experienced day light savings for the first time last night. Thank goodness for google since I didn't know what I was supposed to do.
I was trying to figure out why my car's clock was off! I always get confused since I've lived in places that did and didn't do daylight savings time and I always forget why the clocks are intentionally confusing me.

'Tis the season for club fundraisers....goodbye money

'Tis the season for club fundraisers....goodbye money
My money is already gone from all the club dues and fundraisers at the beginning of the semester. So many awesome lunch and learns and t shirts though!

Got to sleep in an extra hour this morning. :smuggrin: Then plans got cancelled and I got to sleep in an extra 4!

I love fall time change.

My FB feed is blowing up with posts from people back home who felt it...

They're currently saying 5.3 mag and it was about 15 mi from me, so we got a decent shake. Not as bad as the one in Sept though, that one was scary. Or maybe I'm just starting to get used to them since they've been happening like once a week....

So my boyfriend's birthday is coming up on the 19th, but he's currently studying abroad in China, so I'm not sure what to do for it. I got him a couple real presents to give him when he comes back, because I'm sure I can't afford shipping to China, and apparently it takes months for even regular mail to get there. I'd like to have something for him on the actual day, but basically I'm limited to anything that can be sent via email or Facebook messenger. Anybody have any suggestions?

So my boyfriend's birthday is coming up on the 19th, but he's currently studying abroad in China, so I'm not sure what to do for it. I got him a couple real presents to give him when he comes back, because I'm sure I can't afford shipping to China, and apparently it takes months for even regular mail to get there. I'd like to have something for him on the actual day, but basically I'm limited to anything that can be sent via email or Facebook messenger. Anybody have any suggestions?
Pictures :naughty:

Reactions: 4 users
Or maybe a kindle e-book? Video game from Steam or Origins? Digital movie?

Lol, that thought has crossed my mind. ;)
Or maybe a kindle e-book? Video game from Steam or Origins? Digital movie?
He doesn't have an e-reader, and I'm not too familiar with Steam or Origins. I should also mention that he has really crappy internet there (like, too slow for Netflix or Skype to work), so downloading a large file probably wouldn't work either. But thanks for the suggestions!

Write a really nice letter? Old fashioned love note? Fb video date? My SO and I like to Cook the same meal while skyping and then eat together. Make a slideshow of you guys and email it? Hmmm. That's all I got. It's hard when you can't send mail. My so sent me one box in Africa where I had to open things in a certain order and listen to a certain song while I read a certain letter. Then watch a movie that he sent. It was great but it took him a while to set it all up. It also took a long time to get to me. Lol. I'm sure you'll think of something!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Send pictures (or picture) of what he can expect when he gets back to the States. Not sure what type of relationship you two have, but you can make it suggestive yet tasteful (if you're comfortable with that). Heads up though he'll expect everything in that photo when he gets home.

Reactions: 3 users
I was a good little adult this morning. I took out all of my trash and recycling and dropped my absentee ballot in the mail.

Send pictures (or picture) of what he can expect when he gets back to the States. Not sure what type of relationship you two have, but you can make it suggestive yet tasteful (if you're comfortable with that). Heads up though he'll expect everything in that photo when he gets home.

A friend of mine did this when her husband was overseas. She had tasteful but risqué pictures taken then made a 12 month calendar out of them. He LOVED it!

@LyraGardenia Boudoir pics. seriously. They're tasteful (normally) and really pretty, and most photographers will work around your comfort zone. I never did them myself, but I've had several friends do a shoot and they've all turned out beautifully.

I also planned on something like this at some point: http://lovebookonline.com/ and there's loads of variations on that as well, but shipping may be an issue.

The only thing I'd possibly look into a bit is what ramifications you may face for sending certain types of pictures/videos to China. Their laws regarding the subject are vague, but they still do quite a bit of censorship over there last I heard (I had a buddy over there a few years back who complained...). Even if they went through, it'd be weird to think that someone somewhere may have had to approve your private photos, or that they went through some database or something....idk. Food for thought.

Reactions: 4 users
does anyone have any suggestions as to a good forum for mixed breed puppies? we have new puppy, has been years since we have had one, and looking for a little guidance on a couple of issues, like slowing down her eating, and her 'nipping'...

does anyone have any suggestions as to a good forum for mixed breed puppies? we have new puppy, has been years since we have had one, and looking for a little guidance on a couple of issues, like slowing down her eating, and her 'nipping'...
Best thing for my dog was taking him to puppy/obedience classes. The trainers typically have seen it all and can give good advice/suggestions and it becomes a time dedicated each week to training your pup.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I live in an area where there are limited options; and they won't allow classes until they are 6 months old. I am not sure that it is good to wait that long...our vet had referred us to the training classes; I think they may be getting tired of our questions!!

@LyraGardenia Boudoir pics. seriously. They're tasteful (normally) and really pretty, and most photographers will work around your comfort zone. I never did them myself, but I've had several friends do a shoot and they've all turned out beautifully.

I also planned on something like this at some point: http://lovebookonline.com/ and there's loads of variations on that as well, but shipping may be an issue.

The only thing I'd possibly look into a bit is what ramifications you may face for sending certain types of pictures/videos to China. Their laws regarding the subject are vague, but they still do quite a bit of censorship over there last I heard (I had a buddy over there a few years back who complained...). Even if they went through, it'd be weird to think that someone somewhere may have had to approve your private photos, or that they went through some database or something....idk. Food for thought.
I second this; I think they look far better than any other kind of photo. And if they ever happened to get out to the wrong set of eyes, you (usually anyway) have enough clothing on for it to not be scandalous.

I've never had them done myself, but I have done a few boudoir-style shoots for friends. Every time was really fun to do, people can really express themselves through them.

Sooo... anyone attending the HSVMA Welfare Symposium at LSU in a few weeks? I'd love to say hi!
I want to go to the symposium badly, but my family will be here. It looks like a great event (and I'm not just saying that because it's at LSU).

I want to go to the symposium badly, but my family will be here. It looks like a great event (and I'm not just saying that because it's at LSU).

I mean, it's free!!! and it got awesome reviews last year. sad I won't get to say hello!

I mean, it's free!!! and it got awesome reviews last year. sad I won't get to say hello!
You can't beat free! Hope you have fun. Maybe next year or at another symposium.

I went to the Large Animal Symposium at Tennessee a couple of weeks ago. It was only $20, and it was well worth it. I'm not really inclined to track solely large animal, but I can see where it might be beneficial to work with small ruminants, chickens, etc. in a mixed practice. Plus, some of the larger shelters back home care for livestock when needed.

You can't beat free! Hope you have fun. Maybe next year or at another symposium.

I went to the Large Animal Symposium at Tennessee a couple of weeks ago. It was only $20, and it was well worth it. I'm not really inclined to track solely large animal, but I can see where it might be beneficial to work with small ruminants, chickens, etc. in a mixed practice. Plus, some of the larger shelters back home care for livestock when needed.
Why does nobody ever tell me when they come to my school :yeahright:

Why does nobody ever tell me when they come to my school :yeahright:

I almost went :(

But I'll be at Mizzou in January!

Most definitely! I really wanted to go, but had a test I really wanted to focus on .

I almost went :(

But I'll be at Mizzou in January!

Most definitely! I really wanted to go, but had a test I really wanted to focus on .
My life is ruined! Ugh! I could have met rocky!

I really want to go but idk if I can afford it. I wonder if @SummerTheLynx would let me crash on his couch.