RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I tore the palmar ligament in my 1st MCP joint on my left hand. From a dog getting too excited and hitting my hand.

I apparently am not allowed to go more than 1 week without a brace of some sort on.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna go with "freak".

Which is a compliment. It takes a special kind of freak to be my lackey. :)
Aw, shucks! You're the best boss a gal like me can have.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Just got back from PT. I know it's supposed to help, but OW.

I tore the palmar ligament in my 1st MCP joint on my left hand. From a dog getting too excited and hitting my hand.

I apparently am not allowed to go more than 1 week without a brace of some sort on.

:( That sucks. And sounds painful.

Is coffee style ever coming back? :(

A friend of mine that I thought was smart, and currently in school for nursing, just posted a link on FB about "vegan cheese made from human DNA". I commented on how I hate articles with misleading subject lines, because of course it didn't contain actual human DNA because that wouldn't be vegan or legal. He replied that he didn't understand why that wouldn't be vegan as humans are not included in any definition of animal. :wtf:

A friend of mine that I thought was smart, and currently in school for nursing, just posted a link on FB about "vegan cheese made from human DNA". I commented on how I hate articles with misleading subject lines, because of course it didn't contain actual human DNA because that wouldn't be vegan or legal. He replied that he didn't understand why that wouldn't be vegan as humans are not included in any definition of animal. :wtf:
Oh my god. What world are we living in. Eating animal products is bad, but human products is totally ok. I just. Wat.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm watching Community :D

I've resigned myself to never being able to get anywork done between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning. I figure everyone needs free time, and I can never seem to motivate myself to do homework then anyway. So why keep trying?

Wish I had been more productive yesterday so that I could have this day free to go to a food truck festival in Manayunk. Now I'm stuck finishing up a study guide for a final tomorrow and completing a midterm, a quiz, and a nutrition assignment. I also need to clean because my mom is coming in tonight. Maybe I'll get super focused and still manage to be able to go.

From what I hear, Miele is one of the best. I think my Dyson does have good suction, but there are other things about it that definitely annoy me.

I was debating a dyson but the monies. I'll look into Miele.

I'm in a carpeted ranch house now but planning on moving by the fall. So I don't know if I'll have carpet or stairs or what to deal with.

My old kenmore works but keeps tripping circuits.... And since the breaker box is in the other tenants apartment (duplex) it's kinda a PITA. So I don't know if I should wait until I move or not.

I'm in a carpeted ranch house now but planning on moving by the fall. So I don't know if I'll have carpet or stairs or what to deal with.

My old kenmore works but keeps tripping circuits.... And since the breaker box is in the other tenants apartment (duplex) it's kinda a PITA. So I don't know if I should wait until I move or not.

Well, the Miele isn't any cheaper. But it's a forever vacuum for sure.

We bought a Dyson in 2006 and - even with 2 kids, 2 cats, and yellow lab who all go in and out all day long - it's still going strong. It was well worth the investment.

It's going to be 75 and sunny today and I'm stuck in class all day (hoping to get out early since one is technically an exam at 2). I would like to see some sun before the wedding I'm in next week so I don't look like a ghost in my pale bridesmaid dress.

This whole "waking up with a headache" every single morning is really get old. That, and it's really screwing with my concentration, which was already minimal this semester.... blah.

Physical therapy = death. Also, parasitology final tomorrow that I don't really have any cares about (class is only one credit) but probably should have studied more for. Whoops :/

I know that not everyone is a history scholar or abreast of current world events, but hearing a female vet student disparage women in global politics is upsetting and kind of amusing... but like sad amusing.

I know that not everyone is a history scholar or abreast of current world events, but hearing a female vet student disparage women in global politics is upsetting and kind of amusing... but like sad amusing.
we recently talked to a big name company about practice ownership classes and we were told "most vets today are women and they don't want to own clinics"

we recently talked to a big name company about practice ownership classes and we were told "most vets today are women and they don't want to own clinics"

Did the company have statistics to back that up or was it just an observation/opinion?
Um, what? Like, a specific woman, or just doesn't want women in politics in general? :wtf:

Any woman seeking the presidency (presumably for the US, but I have the suspicion that it goes a bit more broad than that). I second that WTF.

Did the company have statistics to back that up or was it just an observation/opinion?

Any woman seeking the presidency (presumably for the US, but I have the suspicion that it goes a bit more broad than that). I second that WTF.
Observation/opinion and why they weren't interested in pursuing CE for that topic

I went to my file review today. I'm glad that I interviewed with my in-state this year, but having this be the third file review I've done with them, it's absolutely frustrating how contradictory their comments are year to year (part of that is having different people conduct the review). Plus, it's upsetting how my pre-req science GPA has changed every year despite no changes in my academic records. It has declined from a 3.0 to a 2.8 to a 2.7 (I had to check my previous stats from past reviews to confirm). I'm glad that OSU is scratching the pre-req science and going for a cumulative science this upcoming cycle.

I'm all for women taking the political stage. But I am not going to support a woman just because she is a woman. If I don't like her plans, then I will lament at the fact she is trying to run.

I'm all for women taking the political stage. But I am not going to support a woman just because she is a woman. If I don't like her plans, then I will lament at the fact she is trying to run.

Which is fine, but a very different argument from "women aren't taken seriously in global politics ergo they're not fit to be president."

I really, really cannot stand when any non-veterinary establishment publishes/offers medical advice. Pet stores, pet pages on Facebook, etc. I just messaged one page asking that they stop recommending that owners treat serious bug bites and flea/tick infestations with homeopathic means instead of visiting the vet.

And those were just two postd within the last few days. Ugh.

I really, really cannot stand when any non-veterinary establishment publishes/offers medical advice. Pet stores, pet pages on Facebook, etc. I just messaged one page asking that they stop recommending that owners treat serious bug bites and flea/tick infestations with homeopathic means instead of visiting the vet.

Just wait until those are your clients following bad advice. Saw a lame dog today that's been receiving the dose of aspirin that the guy at the pet store recommended for a year now. Three times the label dose on the container. I hate aspirin in dogs. And they wondered why I wanted bloodwork and X-rays before prescribing anything else.

Just wait until those are your clients following bad advice. Saw a lame dog today that's been receiving the dose of aspirin that the guy at the pet store recommended for a year now. Three times the label dose on the container. I hate aspirin in dogs. And they wondered why I wanted bloodwork and X-rays before prescribing anything else.
Gah!!!! At my clinic we always say "Mr. So-and-so was told by Dr. Google....".

I assume human physicians have this same problem with WebMD and the like...

It's too early for you to be in this thread ranting. We should be out having margaritas while we enjoy these last few months of not being bitter vet students. Lets go bask in the glory of still not being in vet school. <3

It's too early for you to be in this thread ranting. We should be out having margaritas while we enjoy these last few months of not being bitter vet students. Lets go bask in the glory of still not being in vet school. <3
But...I have so much to whine about....

One of the vets I work with told me that all four years of vet school cost him $38K.

All. Four. Years.

One of the vets I work with told me that all four years of vet school cost him $38K.

All. Four. Years.
Scary. What will the next generation of veterinarians pay for their education? $500,000?

All. Four. Years.
One vet I worked with said she finished with zero debt and paid her tuition by working in the summer. I think she said it cost her roughly $3k/semester?

It hurt my ears to hear that.

Dear Roomie (s),

Please stop feeding my dog extra treats just because. I have been 100% serious in asking you to stop because he is overweight with arthritis and an unofficially diagnosed luxating patella. No I do not think you offering him a jar of peanut butter in front of me is funny. It forces me to limit his treats elsewhere that I would use for training.

Sincerely,
Student who cares about her dog's overall health