Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are we certain they're meeting today? They just met last week.

Members don't see this ad.

Successfully registered for the prematric program! They said they're going to release schedules soon

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed on 12/19, just got accepted this past week. Received a call around ~5:30 pm on friday the 9th. Good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
They definitely meet today. April confirmed it.
During my interview, they said they are behind this year because of the switch to the online application. They could be meeting more frequently to make up for the lost time in the fall.

Complete November 21st and haven't heard back yet. Kind of want to call and ask what the status of my app is, but not sure how the admissions committee feels about calls, especially since apparently they're backed up and all. Thoughts? Anybody else called?

Complete November 21st and haven't heard back yet. Kind of want to call and ask what the status of my app is, but not sure how the admissions committee feels about calls, especially since apparently they're backed up and all. Thoughts? Anybody else called?
send them an update letter thru the online application system!

Waitlisted, just got the letter in the mail today. I had interviewed on 12/19. Good Luck to all today, calls should likely go out in an hour or so I would imagine.

Waitlisted, just got the letter in the mail today. I had interviewed on 12/19. Good Luck to all today, calls should likely go out in an hour or so I would imagine.
Don't sweat it! Many people get in off of the wait list.
Did anything change under your communication status on the portal? I read that things change after decisions are made.

Don't sweat it! Many people get in off of the wait list.
Did anything change under your communication status on the portal? I read that things change after decisions are made.

Yeah, and if not I can learn from my experiences and improve for next year. I am hoping my other interviews go well though, just to have the assurance that I got accepted somewhere. Then I can work to lay siege to the waitlist. I also finally got my cGPA above the threshold for early decision, so I will definitely push to do that next cycle if it comes down to it.

As for the portal, I had been checking it to see if there was a change and even now there has been none. So it might not be the best indicator of being put on the waitlist. But, do not give up until you get the letter. Anythings possible!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!! I interviewed on 12/29. I said thank you so many times she started laughing. This is my top school so I'm accepting right when I can.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Congrats to everyone who got accepted today!

I am assuming they haven't got to people who interviewed on Jan. 8/9th? Another week for us I guess.

So is it safe to assume 12/29 interviewees are wait list/ rejected?

Edit: who have not heard

Last edited:
I was accepted today, interviewed on 12/29.

Never lose hope, everything happens for a reason!

For those of you who interviewed 12/29 or 1/9...when did you receive and interview invite? and when was your application marked as complete?

For those of you who interviewed 12/29 or 1/9...when did you receive and interview invite? and when was your application marked as complete?

I received an invite December 19th. My application was marked complete in August, as soon as they opened up the secondary for everyone. I hadn't heard anything for a while. I called Paula Watkins once or twice and spoke to her about my application, and I also sent an update to them in October.

Anyone know when this school typically sends out interview invites?

Anyone know when this school typically sends out interview invites?
The committee meets every other Friday each month, but I am unsure whether it's for all applicants or just those who interviewed. There will be another committee meeting this Friday so maybe a few more interview invites will be sent out.

I am interviewing on Thursday in the AM session. Has anyone received a phonecall saying what time their interview is? I haven't heard anything since the automatic confirmation email which does not give an actual interview time.

I was waitlisted here last year and liked the school a lot! Their interview process seems more formal this year. For those who interviewed this year- any insignt into what types of questions to expect?

I am interviewing on Thursday in the AM session. Has anyone received a phonecall saying what time their interview is? I haven't heard anything since the automatic confirmation email which does not give an actual interview time.

I was waitlisted here last year and liked the school a lot! Their interview process seems more formal this year. For those who interviewed this year- any insignt into what types of questions to expect?

They'll tell you your interview time as you're waiting. Several people in my group had no idea when they were supposed to interview.

My best suggestion for general interview information is to be yourself, and make sure you remember what you've done. I was asked a question I wasn't ready for, and stumbled a bit.

It anyone has specific questions, feel free to private message me.

Anyone know how full the class is approximately?

The Facebook group Rowan SOM class of 2019 only has 32 members in it currently. Take that for what it's worth, but I get the impression there are still a ton of spots available because they were behind with the new online secondary stuff.

Did anyone who interviewed on 1/8 and 1/9 hear back today? Didn't get a call so I am assuming I am waitlisted/rejected.

received an ii on thursday, but will be withdrawing. hope it goes to someone still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else interview on 1/06/2015 and hear back yet? I hate this wait :(

ive been complete since Aug, havent heard a thing despite being instate and told by a few Rowan admissions ppl that im a 'good fit' for their school. I rly wanna call and just sorta put my name out there again but dont know if i should or even what id say. Any suggestions or should i just keep waiting? I guess im just getting antsy since its my state school and all and i rly like them. =\

ive been complete since Aug, havent heard a thing despite being instate and told by a few Rowan admissions ppl that im a 'good fit' for their school. I rly wanna call and just sorta put my name out there again but dont know if i should or even what id say. Any suggestions or should i just keep waiting? I guess im just getting antsy since its my state school and all and i rly like them. =\
You could call to ask for an update but it's more than likely that they will just give you a generic answer, such as your application still being reviewed. The admissions process at Rowan got delayed this year because of the switch to the online system so there is still a bit of seats left for grab. It's possible that your stats are a bit on the low side, and they are issuing an interview invite later.

Hey guys, does anyone know if we will recieve some sort of confirmation once we send in our deposit for the fall. How do they let people know they recieved everything?

Hey guys, does anyone know if we will recieve some sort of confirmation once we send in our deposit for the fall. How do they let people know they recieved everything?

First, congrats. We interviewed the same day.

I sent a check. I just plan to check my bank statement for the next few days.

Thanks a lot, congrats to you as well! :)
I will keep an eye out and update you guys if I call and ask about any confirmation email/etc. To everyone else waiting I wish you the best of luck in securing a seat!

Thanks a lot, congrats to you as well! :)
I will keep an eye out and update you guys if I call and ask about any confirmation email/etc. To everyone else waiting I wish you the best of luck in securing a seat!

I never received a confirmation. However, I did see my check clear in my bank account and I began to receive info about the pre-matric program shortly after they cashed my deposit. But I'm sure it never hurts to call and double check ;)

For the students who were accepted, is there a Facebook group already set up?

I'm wondering if anyone received acceptances past the next AdCom meeting date after their interview. Am I right to assume that no call after interview and AdCom meeting means defer/waitlist?

Hey everyone,

I have an interview tomorrow (2.6.15) and was wondering if anybody had any advice as to what I can expect during the interview. Any help is greatly appreciated!