Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II via email today--submitted 8/2, IS. Rowan is my number one choice---I feel like I can finally breathe!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I am hoping I hear back soon...
~Submitted August 3rd

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if this school allows OOS students to establish residency and qualify for in-state tuition after the first year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if this school allows OOS students to establish residency and qualify for in-state tuition after the first year?

You keep the status you enter with, so if you're OOS when you start, you will be all 4 years

Rowan changed their policy a couple of years ago. OOS students can no longer switch over to IS status after the first year and are now unfortunately stuck with paying a higher rate the whole way through.

Anyone know what the interview dates are looking like?

I got the II yesterday and had the option of TODAY,THIS THURSDAY, or like November 10,11,12th/ same TWTh the next week. Wasn't ready for a next day interview so I opted for the early November dates.

I got the II yesterday and had the option of TODAY,THIS THURSDAY, or like November 10,11,12th/ same TWTh the next week. Wasn't ready for a next day interview so I opted for the early November dates.
Im IS and have been waiting forever to hear from them I've even updated them multiple times..

does anyone know how they are notifying people of acceptance/rejection/wait-list???

Members don't see this ad :)
Typically, unless things have changed, they notify the waitlist via snailmail and acceptances via phone call.

Typically, unless things have changed, they notify the waitlist via snailmail and acceptances via phone call.

How long after interviewing should we expect to hear back? I think I heard rumors of them meeting on 2 Friday's a month or something?

It really depends on exactly where you land in reference to their admissions committee meeting. Some people are super lucky and can hear back within days while others might end up waiting longer. I would say at the most you should have to wait 1 month for a decision and you get a call really quickly, if its a waitlist letter it might be another week or two after that. I believe they are running on 2 meetings a month right now, but the admissions process for us is still some mystical process that we do not understand haha. Good Luck btw!

It really depends on exactly where you land in reference to their admissions committee meeting. Some people are super lucky and can hear back within days while others might end up waiting longer. I would say at the most you should have to wait 1 month for a decision and you get a call really quickly, if its a waitlist letter it might be another week or two after that. I believe they are running on 2 meetings a month right now, but the admissions process for us is still some mystical process that we do not understand haha. Good Luck btw!

Thanks!

Anyone know the interviews/acceptances ratio for last year? Just want to know what my chances are now that I've gotten the II.

Anyone know the interviews/acceptances ratio for last year? Just want to know what my chances are now that I've gotten the II.

It is very different this year compared to last year. They seem to have wait listed a lot more this year so far.

irrelevant because "you can. You will. You must." ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who got a secondary, under he FAQ page once you're logged into your II app what's it say the class average and MCAT was for class of 2015?

Submitted 10/3. Complete 10/23.
Anyone know how long they take to reach a decision after being complete?

For those of you who got a secondary, under he FAQ page once you're logged into your II app what's it say the class average and MCAT was for class of 2015?

What are the average MCAT and GPA for accepted students?

Students accepted to the 2014 entering class had an average cumulative GPA of 3.54, science GPA of 3.48, and an MCAT score of 28.

did you get that through your secondary portal FAQ page or off the admissions frequently asked questions? they should have 2015's stats up through ii portal faq

did you get that through your secondary portal FAQ page or off the admissions frequently asked questions?
Portal. Not sure why it isn't 2015 stats, but another section states:

"What are the oldest MCAT scores you accept?

MCAT scores are good for a period of five years. For instance, January 2011 is the oldest MCAT accepted for entry into the 2016 first year class."
so they seem to have 'updated' this FAQ section since it says "2016 first year class"..

I have a question about letters of rec and wondering if anyone else was experiencing/experienced this problem. I sent admissions my letters through interfolio and in the portal when I click the the letter of rec tab it shows that my letters were received. However, it's showing the letter of rec status as incomplete even though they were marked as received.

Could anyone advise on what to do in this situation? Should I call admissions to have the problem fixed?

Thank you!

I have a question about letters of rec and wondering if anyone else was experiencing/experienced this problem. I sent admissions my letters through interfolio and in the portal when I click the the letter of rec tab it shows that my letters were received. However, it's showing the letter of rec status as incomplete even though they were marked as received.

Could anyone advise on what to do in this situation? Should I call admissions to have the problem fixed?

Thank you!
Wait 3-4 weeks after submission date. Had the same problem and got it fixed after I became complete.

Thank you!

After a month I called them and they fixed it immediately.

Interviewed here a little more than a month ago and I haven't heard anything as of yet. Is it safe to assume that I've been wait listed? :(

Interviewed here a little more than a month ago and I haven't heard anything as of yet. Is it safe to assume that I've been wait listed? :(

Not quite. I interviewed very recently and haven't heard anything yet. It means the admissions committee probably hasn't met yet this month.

I know others who have interviewed a month ago and hasn't heard anything yet. No worries.

Not quite. I interviewed very recently and haven't heard anything yet. It means the admissions committee probably hasn't met yet this month.

I know others who have interviewed a month ago and hasn't heard anything yet. No worries.

I know for sure that the Admissions committee met back on Friday, October 16th. Unfortunately, it's looking increasingly likely that Rowan is simply accepting fewer people post interview compared to years past.

I know for sure that the Admissions committee met back on Friday, October 16th. Unfortunately, it's looking increasingly likely that Rowan is simply accepting fewer people post interview compared to years past.
What makes you think they're selecting fewer people? Did they mention a smaller class size? To me, it seems like Rowan is just moving a bit more slowly than some other schools.

How are you certain of that? I would expect some people to announce acceptances or waitlist.

How are you certain of that? I would expect some people to announce acceptances or waitlist.

yeah I'd like to know as well, have any decisions and/or phone calls come out of that meeting yet?

yeah I'd like to know as well, have any decisions and/or phone calls come out of that meeting yet?

So far, it has been crickets on this thread about any acceptances or waitlist from that meeting, so I don't think a meeting took place last week, and there are already people on this thread who interviewed before then and haven't gotten any response yet.

Yeah same here guys. I just logged on here now to see if anyone heard anything on this thread; my guess would be that it's a slow process. I interviewed 9/28. I've thought about calling but I feel like that would be a bit much. We'll eventually get an answer for sure. Such a great school though, loved the interview and campus!

Yeah same here guys. I just logged on here now to see if anyone heard anything on this thread; my guess would be that it's a slow process. I interviewed 9/28. I've thought about calling but I feel like that would be a bit much. We'll eventually get an answer for sure. Such a great school though, loved the interview and campus!

Yes me too...I hope to get accepted here, as it is my top choice.

I spoke with them that day and the admissions staff person told me that the committee was meeting right when I called.

I spoke with them that day and the admissions staff person told me that the committee was meeting right when I called.

Did they say how decisions would be sent out? were all acceptance calls made on a certain day?

Did they say how decisions would be sent out? were all acceptance calls made on a certain day?

I know that last year acceptances were called that same day in the late afternoon and wait listed people received a letter in the mail several weeks later but I have no idea if they are keeping the same process this year or going a different route.

Honestly, as hard as this might be for us, we really just need to sit tight and be patient. It's a long process. Even if we are wait listed, we'll be alright- Rowan has a good amount of movement and pulls a lot of people off their waitlist. I loved everything about Rowan- curriculum, rotations, faculty, student body, etc and would absolutely love to go here if accepted. The wait can be stressful and agonizing but I'm a big believer in taking your mind off of it by staying involved in other activities/ hobbies and just accepting that things will play out how they will.

Reactions: 1 users
What makes you think they're selecting fewer people? Did they mention a smaller class size? To me, it seems like Rowan is just moving a bit more slowly than some other schools.
My best friend goes to Rowan and one of the people in admissions told her they are accepting far less and wait listing far more this year.

My best friend goes to Rowan and one of the people in admissions told her they are accepting far less and wait listing far more this year.

Keep us updated! I hope good news come soon!