Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
most likely going to withdraw my interview here, so I hope it goes to one of you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
where did you decide to attend? congrats :)
I was accepted to LECOM which is my top choice DO school so I'd attend there if it came down to it! I really liked it a lot when I visited and it is significantly less expensive lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to LECOM which is my top choice DO school so I'd attend there if it came down to it! I really liked it a lot when I visited and it is significantly less expensive lol

Haha, I declined my acceptances to both LECOMs...hopefully I get accepted here in Rowan, as the cost difference between this and LECOM is pretty negligible.

I'm really not sure how long it's been taking other people to get II though

Sit back relax and grab a cold one....

Wow! That's a long turn around time.... I just submitted my secondary today.... :( Endless waiting then....

I submitted around 9/15 and have no word. OOS, 513 (~32-33) MCAT, 3.5's for my GPA. Glad to see there's movement, and it's not all happening past my submission date! Definitely have some waiting ahead of us though...

I submitted around 9/15 and have no word. OOS, 513 (~32-33) MCAT, 3.5's for my GPA. Glad to see there's movement, and it's not all happening past my submission date! Definitely have some waiting ahead of us though...

You'll probably get an II with those stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll probably get an II with those stats.
I hope so! The wait is a bummer...!

giphy.gif

I hope so! The wait is a bummer...!

I got a II last month with around the same stats as you, but since there's a lot of waitlists happening on here, I'm not expecting an acceptance right away.

Just recieved secondary app, good luck to all others applying and congratulations to those already accepted

Congrats! Now that you're in, wanna give me a good word? ;)

Haha, I wish I could. Everyone on here is truly wonderful and helpful. I hope everyone will be accepted, even after the waitlist.

I'm literally almost about to cry.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm interviewing here Thursday morning. What is traffic like in the area? I am IS, but live close to two hours away. I was planning to leave my house at 5am, which should get me there by around 7. That should be plenty early for an 8:30 interview, right?

I'm interviewing here Thursday morning. What is traffic like in the area? I am IS, but live close to two hours away. I was planning to leave my house at 5am, which should get me there by around 7. That should be plenty early for an 8:30 interview, right?

I would get a hotel and stay around the area and drive in the night before. It provides less stress in case things out of your control happen.

You'll also not have to wake up super early and feel less stress. My hotel there was around $50, well worth the cost of less stress.

I would get a hotel and stay around the area and drive in the night before. It provides less stress in case things out of your control happen.

You'll also not have to wake up super early and feel less stress. My hotel there was around $50, well worth the cost of less stress.
Where did you find a hotel for $50?

Where did you find a hotel for $50?

Priceline name your own price in Voorhees. I got Wingate by Wyndham.

My apologies, hotel was $60 but then adding taxes it became $75. I believe they also discount if you mention you're interviewing at Rowan, so it won't hurt to call them up and ask what the discount is.

I called and they said the discounted rate is $89, which is even more than Expedia and Priceline. I think I'll wait until tomorrow or Tuesday and see if the price drops at all.

Thanks! I'll try calling them. I see it for $75. Looks like a decent hotel?

It was pretty good. They offer free continental breakfast in the morning.

Pretty much any hotel in that area is pretty good. You can try name your own price to see if you can find them cheaper.

I know the wait is brutal, but just hang in there guys. I think they are sending out more invites soon.
its not the wait (and its nothing against you really) but its frustrating when people who submitted their apps months after get preference. A month after, sure, but many months afterward is very offsetting.

Yea, I know how you feel. Im not sure how the algorithm is computed and I dont know how to help you other then saying hold on tight.

its not the wait (and its nothing against you really) but its frustrating when people who submitted their apps months after get preference. A month after, sure, but many months afterward is very offsetting.

That's just not how this process works though. It doesn't really matter when you submitted it for this school. They are cherry picking. Can you blame them? Of course it's not fun but that's life.

withdrew my interview today! rooting for you all

Reactions: 1 users
Yea, a notice of rejection...in 2016.

Don't lose hope. The current students I met in my interview were accepted off the waitlist.

Like many others, I also waited a while for a II. It took over two months and I was getting a little anxious while others were getting interviews before me (and I applied earlier than them.)

Your time will come, whether it is this school or another. Don't lose hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Don't lose hope. The current students I met in my interview were accepted off the waitlist.

Like many others, I also waited a while for a II. It took over two months and I was getting a little anxious while others were getting interviews before me (and I applied earlier than them.)

Your time will come, whether it is this school or another. Don't lose hope!

Thanks, I'll just wait it out.

Hey guys! I thought I might just give you info you may be wondering ... I got II but I will not be attending. I can't see a decline interview button but I can see available interview dates and as of right now they are Dec. 10, 15, 17, 18, 22 Jan 14 & 28. I am assuming more dates will show up as they decide to schedule them.
Best of luck to everybody here

Can anyone describe what interview day is like?
There were 12 people interviewing the morning I interviewed. Marisol greeted everyone and gave a friendly introduction and continued talking to the group while they started calling students in individually for interviews; I think there were three separate faculty members interviewing. Afterwards they turned on the TV and everyone waited until they brought the whole group down to the first-year lecture hall to observe a class a little after 10:30. They came to get us around noon and broke us up into groups for the tour. The day I interviewed, one of the PBL students was there and encouraged anyone interested in PBL to join her group; she said there are currently 8 students in PBL, but she has heard they may have up to 24 next year. After the tour, we were free to go.

The interview itself was pretty laid-back and conversational. Some students met with one interviewer and some met with two, a faculty member and a medical student who is a member of the ADCOM. Everybody was friendly, helpful, and seemed genuinely interested in making us feel welcome there. You got the feeling that they would accept everyone they interviewed if they could. Good luck!

There were 12 people interviewing the morning I interviewed. Marisol greeted everyone and gave a friendly introduction and continued talking to the group while they started calling students in individually for interviews; I think there were three separate faculty members interviewing. Afterwards they turned on the TV and everyone waited until they brought the whole group down to the first-year lecture hall to observe a class a little after 10:30. They came to get us around noon and broke us up into groups for the tour. The day I interviewed, one of the PBL students was there and encouraged anyone interested in PBL to join her group; she said there are currently 8 students in PBL, but she has heard they may have up to 24 next year. After the tour, we were free to go.

The interview itself was pretty laid-back and conversational. Some students met with one interviewer and some met with two, a faculty member and a medical student who is a member of the ADCOM. Everybody was friendly, helpful, and seemed genuinely interested in making us feel welcome there. You got the feeling that they would accept everyone they interviewed if they could. Good luck!

Wow 12? My group only had 4.

Thanks for the info!

I've been waiting 3 weeks for a secondary (OOS)...

Is it too late to submit my primary here? 3.7cGPA, 3.51sGPA, MCATS: 25, 30, OOS from CA, above average ECs