SGU c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Trying not to panic because I interviewed on 9/20 and haven’t heard anything yet. I guess it’s better than being denied, but I still feel stressed 😅

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Trying not to panic because I interviewed on 9/20 and haven’t heard anything yet. I guess it’s better than being denied, but I still feel stressed 😅
Same here! I interviewed on 9/24 😞

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
where can we go to find out people’s experience at SGU ? And how they moved from in the states to Caribbean cause I have so many questions 😭

where can we go to find out people’s experience at SGU ? And how they moved from in the states to Caribbean cause I have so many questions 😭
They have a direct line to speak with current students and also an email, it's in the packet of info hyperlinked in the acceptance letter. I'm with you there, I have a lot of questions as well.

Hi! I'm a current student who is in clinical year. If you have any questions about SGU feel free to ask or PM me :)

They have a direct line to speak with current students and also an email, it's in the packet of info hyperlinked in the acceptance letter. I'm with you there, I have a lot of questions as well.
I did see that 😂 I didn’t wanna reach out just yet ! Have you ?

Once we received an acceptance we don’t have to do anything just yet right ? Like email back until we’ve made a decision ?

Once we received an acceptance we don’t have to do anything just yet right ? Like email back until we’ve made a decision ?
No we don’t. We have until April 15th to decide and pay our deposit

Thursday marks 8 weeks since my interview. I am freaking out. I hope I hear soon 😭😭😭

Thursday marks 8 weeks since my interview. I am freaking out. I hope I hear soon 😭😭😭
Mine is 8 weeks tomorrow — I feel you! It’s hard not to panic 🥲

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted on 10/19. Totally forgot to post here. My acceptance came exactly 12 weeks after my interview (7/19).

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted on 10/19. Totally forgot to post here. My acceptance came exactly 12 weeks after my interview (7/19).
This makes me feel so much better! I’m still waiting to hear and it’s been almost 9 weeks since my interview so hearing people getting accepted much sooner was making me very nervous.

I’m almost at 11 weeks without hearing anything. This is getting soooo stressful!

• Care
I interviewed on 10/11 and haven’t heard anything back. For those of you who get accepted, would you mind sharing how long after the interview have you hear back about acceptance?🥺

I interviewed on 10/11 and haven’t heard anything back. For those of you who get accepted, would you mind sharing how long after the interview have you hear back about acceptance?🥺
I was interviewed around Aug 28th, accepted Oct 19th, but I think they are a lot busier after Sept 15th, because of the amount of applicants.
Good luck.

Had to wait a whole 10 weeks after my interview. Hang in there! ❤

Interviewed exactly 9 weeks ago and still nothing 😫

• Care
Interviewed exactly 9 weeks ago and still nothing

You still have a lot of time tho. It can take up to 12 weeks. I got my acceptance right on 12 weeks lol. July 19 - Oct 19.

Interviewed on 10/1 and accepted on 11/15, so it was 6 weeks for me

You still have a lot of time tho. It can take up to 12 weeks. I got my acceptance right on 12 weeks lol. July 19 - Oct 19.
Thanks that makes me feel a bit better. It just sucks seeing people getting accepted way earlier.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
5 weeks is nothing! Don’t stress!

That’s what I do best I have a lower GPA so if don’t get into SGU, I don’t really see myself getting into the state schools either

That’s what I do best I have a lower GPA so if don’t get into SGU, I don’t really see myself getting into the state schools either
We’re in the same boat! Going on 5 weeks and lower gpa 😅 best of luck!!

Sooo my 12 week mark is Friday. At this point is it possible to hear back after 12 weeks? It seems like for the most part they’ve released decisions on Tuesdays and I heard nothing today. I’ve lost all hope lol

Sooo my 12 week mark is Friday. At this point is it possible to hear back after 12 weeks? It seems like for the most part they’ve released decisions on Tuesdays and I heard nothing today. I’ve lost all hope lol
Idk but I’m almost at 10 weeks with nothing. I think most people have heard on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I got accepted on a Wednesday (right at my 12 weeks). And yes you can hear back after then, it’s just an estimate. Their email does say to reach out if you would like an update at any time tho.

I am impatient so I reached out to them Monday. They said to keep checking email cause a bunch of decisions should be coming in the next week or so.

I am impatient so I reached out to them Monday. They said to keep checking email cause a bunch of decisions should be coming in the next week or so.
I don’t know if this makes me feel more or less anxious 😂 I hit 11 weeks post interview yesterday

Wait really? I saw a post on reddit today from someone who hasn't heard back in over 12 weeks and admissions told them they won't be hearing back until February now. I want to email and ask them but I've asked them so many times already😂

Wait really? I saw a post on reddit today from someone who hasn't heard back in over 12 weeks and admissions told them they won't be hearing back until February now. I want to email and ask them but I've asked them so many times already😂
I just saw that post too — I haven’t heard that from anyone else 😳

I just saw that post too — I haven’t heard that from anyone else 😳
Lol now I’m really hoping they didn’t just say that to me so I would not keep emailing 😂😭. Ugh the anticipation is killing me!!

I emailed them this morning and they responded me that they will determine their decision very shortly. Next Monday it will be my 12th week since the interview, so I hope that in the next few weeks we will be notified 🤞🏼

• Care
I just got accepted to SGU! But my offer was from their January 2024 class, as they said that their Fall 2023 class was full. According to the email they said that I’m automatically enrolled in their waitlist for fall, if there are space open then I’ll be notified immediately. Good Luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
I just got accepted to SGU! But my offer was from their January 2024 class, as they said that their Fall 2023 class was full. According to the email they said that I’m automatically enrolled in their waitlist for fall, if there are space open then I’ll be notified immediately. Good Luck everyone!
I just got the same email! Congrats on your acceptance!!!!!:giggle:

• Haha
I also got that email. Kinda disappointed since I don’t want to have to wait until January but oh well. I’m confused though because in order to be on the waitlist for fall it seems like we have to accept the January offer? I would like to be on the waitlist but don’t want to accept the January offer until hearing back from other schools.

I also got that email. Kinda disappointed since I don’t want to have to wait until January but oh well. I’m confused though because in order to be on the waitlist for fall it seems like we have to accept the January offer? I would like to be on the waitlist but don’t want to accept the January offer until hearing back from other schools.
Wait nevermind I just clicked on the link and saw that we could decline January but also be on the waitlist. Idk if I should just accept it and pay the deposit though because I don’t want to decline it before getting an acceptance from another school but I want to be put on the waitlist for fall asap.

Wait nevermind I just clicked on the link and saw that we could decline January but also be on the waitlist. Idk if I should just accept it and pay the deposit though because I don’t want to decline it before getting an acceptance from another school but I want to be put on the waitlist for fall asap.
It does say that we have until January 5th to respond to the email, so maybe just wait until then to decide how you want to respond! The deposit deadline isn't until 4/15, so if you are waiting to hear back from other schools you would still have plenty of time to decline your seat if you get accepted somewhere else😁

It does say that we have until January 5th to respond to the email, so maybe just wait until then to decide how you want to respond! The deposit deadline isn't until 4/15, so if you are waiting to hear back from other schools you would still have plenty of time to decline your seat if you get accepted somewhere else😁
Thanks, didn’t realize I could fill out the survey without paying the deposit!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I was wondering if it would look frowned upon to email asking about a status update? Especially since it hasn’t been the full 12 weeks since the interview?