SIU interviews?

Dental2000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have their SIU interviews yet?

Im still waiting on their reply. My ADDSAS stuff and app fee has been recevied by them but no word on interview invite :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody have their SIU interviews yet?

Im still waiting on their reply. My ADDSAS stuff and app fee has been recevied by them but no word on interview invite :confused:

It all depends on when you submitted your AADSAS and secondary. I attend SIUE (which is next door so SIU-SDM) and I believe it was last week that they started to have their first interview students. They are way behind, as being told they are down one admission's staff.

Hi SIU hopefuls,
I interviewed there on Oct 25th and I'm pretty sure I was told that I was on the first day of the season. In the invite email I was told of the following interview dates: Oct 25-26 and Nov 15-16. They said "For the month of November 2011 the following dates and times have been established for interviews:" Must not be many interview dates established. I was a nice day at SIU for me, 6 of us applicants were there.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i don't think they are behind. when i talked to them, they said they do this every year. they have the two dates in october and two dates in november. there may have only been 6 applicants when you were there, but people go in and out all day. im sure they have 50-60 people there each day. i mean theyre only tryin to fill 50 seats so its not like they need a lot.

Still no word from SIU :(

Does anybody know if SIU does alot of post dec interviews?

yeah i don't think they are behind. when i talked to them, they said they do this every year. they have the two dates in october and two dates in november. there may have only been 6 applicants when you were there, but people go in and out all day. im sure they have 50-60 people there each day. i mean theyre only tryin to fill 50 seats so its not like they need a lot.

Southern definitely doesn't have 50-60 people here on interview days... We have a small campus that I love, but the school just wouldn't have the space needed to host that many applicants and still hold class productively! Also, SIU isn't about interviewing a large quantity of applicants; instead, the school is incredibly selective with whom they offer interviews.

Come February and March, the majority of seats have been filled, so your chances of an interview offer decrease dramatically, but it is possible to interview after December and still be accepted (I was actually interviewed and accepted during spring). Also, after January you might be the only one interviewing at your session, so don't be alarmed if you find yourself in that situation. Just hope for the best!

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm a prospective dental student very interested in applying to Siue in the near future. I would like to know from anyone who has been accepted, attends the school, or has attended the school in the past what gpa, bcpm (science gpa), and AA DAT score you got into the school with. Also what other perks did you have on your application? Thank you!

- Meg