StardeWW Valley - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still love that DubZ killing people by kicking them in the shins ended up in the right up :rofl:
I like to incorporate inside jokes with people into my write ups when I can. It's fun.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I was never confident of anything in this game. Or most games for that matter. You weren't in my POE (True, WZ, genny, barks) bc True flip would've sorted that out. FYI for future games- I am always open for alternative discussions. Now I am just curious what you will act like as a wolf. Can you give me a secret signal so I will know?
True story: I have poor impulse control so I try to village such that when I finally get to wolf, I won't have to struggle to sound like my village self. Time will tell but hopefully it'll be vote movements and not tone that gives me away!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just thought we hadn't unlocked the conversion yet :sorry:
Until kdswg died and there was still no conversion and then I was too busy melting into a puddle to think about it lol though i think I did say something about 3p maybe existing and that I wished they would help kill some villagers :laugh:

I think my eyes glazed over the other hints because I didn't know the source material. Perhaps the hints were more obvious to people who even knew what Jojamart was. I thought that was all flair lol I did catch the whispered conversation one though!
It reminded me a lot of your write ups in HZD where you were like "HADES AND HIS FOLLOWERS ARE GONE! SO WHY DO YOU STILL FEEL UNEASY?" and village was like "time to find Mel and genny's packmate" :laugh:

And then had that tally title of "Trust is for fools," which I was silently seething over because I thought it was too obvious, and village was like "Okay, President shorty! What shall we do next!" :laugh:

• Haha
True story: I have poor impulse control so I try to village such that when I finally get to wolf, I won't have to struggle to sound like my village self. Time will tell but hopefully it'll be vote movements and not tone that gives me away!
I enjoyed strategizing in wolf chat so much that I’m afraid I’ve tainted Good Fluff forever :sorry:

• Haha
  • Wow
I enjoyed strategizing in wolf chat so much that I’m afraid I’ve tainted Good Fluff forever :sorry:
Okay you me violet and Lawpy can wolf the next game 🥰

You and violet will teach me how to predate, Lawpy will be a decoy Lawp, AM will get nk before she uses her Lawpy soul read

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mods, how did you decide what roles to add to the game? I was surprised to see so many random things cherry-picked and so few mainline characters!
We didn't want people to try and game solve by who the characters were or role names, so we decided to have a mishmosh of everything. We'd hoped for a much bigger roster and then it wouldn't have seemed so random (but the mechanics of the game also would have been whatever the original plan for this game was ...).

• Love
  • Care
As an aside, I was thinking about whether my games tend to be -sided in one way or another, and right now, they're perfectly non-sided in terms of affiliation, but they seem to be extremely @genny sided because she has been on the winning team in all of them :laugh:

• Haha
  • Love
As an aside, I was thinking about whether my games tend to be -sided in one way or another, and right now, they're perfectly non-sided in terms of affiliation, but they seem to be extremely @genny sided because she has been on the winning team in all of them :laugh:
Marvel Balance GIF

samac's role probably should have been a hint at least to the wolves that there was another faction, given that there was nothing about conversion in their roles, but that would be very difficult for them to bring up on thread, so.
I think I theorized at one point in wolf chat about there being a 3p converter but I was too busy trying not to die to worry about it lol

Why is it that the day I die tends to be the day I make the best predictions? I was misyeeted in the speed game and identified both wolves and sort of got things right here with recognizing Dubz as the wolf and genny as the cult leader in my last reads list.
Villagers be villagers
q3eaymqgr2551.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I think I theorized at one point in wolf chat about there being a 3p converter but I was too busy trying not to die to worry about it lol
You did! I remember it now. I probably said it doesn't happen often. Because I'm an idiot.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
@supershorty I can't remember if I ever asked how the PMing worked/how people got paired up. I'm sure it's in the spreadsheet but my brain is only prepared to handle my own excessive tabs this morning.
It is in the spreadsheet! We set PMs by the number of interactions, which we defined as either tagging someone (with @username) with a question/comment or quoting and directly respond to what was in the quote (as distinguished from quoting and talking about what was in the quote, but not following up with the person who said it). Different numbers of interactions required for different heart levels, and we increased the number of interactions required once the roster got down to like 7 people because otherwise everyone was going to have a PM with everyone :laugh:

It was a lot of work and one of the things that we're planning to modify for the redux game, tbh :laugh:

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
It is in the spreadsheet! We set PMs by the number of interactions, which we defined as either tagging someone (with @username) with a question/comment or quoting and directly respond to what was in the quote (as distinguished from quoting and talking about what was in the quote, but not following up with the person who said it). Different numbers of interactions required for different heart levels, and we increased the number of interactions required once the roster got down to like 7 people because otherwise everyone was going to have a PM with everyone :laugh:

It was a lot of work and one of the things that we're planning to modify for the redux game, tbh :laugh:
Ok well I'm making a note not to talk directly to @Zenge142 in the next StardeWW anyway :scared:

• Care
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
huh, I just noticed that samac's column got deleted too.

We had some weird shenanigans go down on that tab one day and lost a bunch of stuff, like the template messages for when we opened the PMs.

• Care
  • Wow

shorty makes it sounds like we had a very consistent strategy, but there was definitely a bit of user interpretation involved and also whether Dina was super tired or not while logging interactions affected it too lol

• Care