StardeWW 2: Ginger Island - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
There's just no reason to say anything until the flip is revealed. We can flail our arms and scream, but the flip will still determine whether there is any way forward. So I'm just waiting for that.

• Wow
  • Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
There's just no reason to say anything until the flip is revealed. We can flail our arms and scream, but the flip will still determine whether there is any way forward. So I'm just waiting for that.
The last writeups with the cauliflower are messing my mind, i don’t know what to believe

• Angry
  • Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Crap

I think i figured out what happened

The writeups are telling the story and there is one wolf remaining. But i saw no mentions of conversions.

It’s possible this happened in N1 but not stated in the writeups

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Day 7

"Come in, please, everyone. Make yourselves at home."

Harvey looked around at his assembled guests. It was a bit of an unusual group: himself, Marnie, Gus, and the dwarf from the mines. Not your typical Wednesday night supper club, but nothing was typical on Ginger Island.

"My friends," he said, "we have been going through some rough times this year. And that's okay! Every year has its good times, and its bad times. But you know what helps me think through the bad times and understand what's happening?

A good hearty meal and a good brew, generously provided by our dear comrade, Gus, here."

The table was set with an incredible feast. No one really knew where Harvey had gotten all of these meats, cheeses, and vegetables, since it seemed like his farm was just one giant field of wheat, but they chalked it up to movie magic. After all, they felt like nothing was as it seemed on the island. Lewis had really been crows! Lightning had been shot out of the sky! The Bus Driver hadn't been the bus driver! Who knew what was what. Maybe Harvey had a secret basement greenhouse. Who knew.

"Before we begin, I'd like to say a blessing, in thanks for this excellent food, excellent companionship, and the solutions I'm certain we will come to with some good food in our bellies." He raised his glass in a toast. "To Ginger Island!"

"To Ginger Island," came the reply, but the dwarf's eyes were fixed on him. Squinting. Harvey stared back, unwilling to break eye contact, but feeling a twinge of unease. Was there more behind that gaze that he needed to worry about?

Their eyes remained locked as the dwarf stabbed her fork into a potato and brought it to her mouth. She chewed it. Slowly.

Staring.

Harvey felt that time was running out. He knew things were dire - that this was the last chance to get it right. He glanced around the table to see if anyone else had noticed the dwarf's behavior, but Marnie and Gus were deep in conversation, periodically glancing up at the two of them before returning to their discussion.

The dwarf balled her hands into fists and started to get up from her chair. Harvey knew they had to act fast, and before Marnie and Gus could even process it, the room was dominated by a heated back and forth between a small, but mighty mine-dweller and the town's trusted doctor.

"YOU are the person we needed to fear! It was you all along!!" the dwarf bellowed at him.

Harvey chuckled, meeting the eyes of Marnie and Gus with his eyebrows slightly raised in amusement. "Now this ... this is what desperation looks like," he said. "You put up a great fight. I'm truly impressed! But you're boxed in, and I think you know that."

Steam was beginning to come out of the dwarf's ears. Harvey made a mental note of that. He'd have to bring it up at his lab meeting on Friday. What a curious finding.

"Marnie, Gus, I think we have our answer here, don't we. I told you, sometimes a hearty meal that sticks to the bones is all you need."

Marnie nodded along enthusiastically, sipping the blackberry lemonade that Harvey said he'd made specially for her. Gus felt nauseated, but he wasn't sure why. Maybe he was just used to pub food and not this haute cuisine. That must be it. Or maybe he didn't want it to be the dwarf because she was so cute and lovable. But Harvey and Marnie seemed so sure that he swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded his assent.

"Shall I?" Harvey asked, rising from his chair.

"You know you shouldn't," the dwarf shot back, but the other two nodded, as if in a trance, and in an unexpectedly violent move, Harvey grabbed the dwarf and flung her through the window, shattering the glass. Her scream of rage silenced when she hit the ground.

Dead is...
1680143705292.png

@potentialsheltervet, The Dwarf, and a...
village every other night watcher

• Care
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Harvey slowly turned back to Marnie and Gus, who were staring at the shattered window, trying to process what they had just seen.

"I guess he just really wanted to make sure she was gone fast. She was very dangerous, after all. She's known to be. And she never would even take her hood down," Marnie exclaimed. She nodded to herself. She'd thought through all the options. This was just the one that made the most sense.

Harvey walked into the kitchen and returned with dessert plates for each person. He had made a nice cheesecake to celebrate the occasion and cheerfully handed a slice to Marnie and to Gus. After all, they were safe now, with danger vanquished! It was time to celebrate.

As Gus took a bite, he felt a prick on the side of his neck. He looked up and saw Harvey there with a syringe, and cried out in horror - but with a mouth full of cheesecake, it was muffled and sounded like he'd just swallowed wrong.

"He's going into shock, but I gave him some epinephrine - don't worry," Harvey reassured Marnie, who was watching the exchange with concern deeply etched into her face. "He'll be fine after he rests in the most peace possible."

Dead is...
1680144615969.png

@miranda920, Gus, and a...
vanilla villager

"You know what I like to do after a meal? Dance. And that blasted dwarf even told me to tango with her, so as a comeuppance to her memory, that evil force, let's tango on her grave." He held his hand out to Marnie.

They danced and traveled across the room, or whatever it is tangoing consists of, and Marnie spun close to Harvey. He felt like he was embracing her, but it was a little too tight. She started to protest a bit, but his response was to clamp his hands across her neck, choking her. Her struggles got her nowhere, and all she could think of was the dwarf, saying "you won't take my hand." The spark and life that had carried her through these trials and tribulations sputtered out and the room became fuzzy before fading to nothingness. She heard Harvey talking, but couldn't make out what he was saying before she died.

Dead is...
1680144632095.png

@Lawpy, Marnie, and a...
vanilla villager

Congratulations to the wolves on an incredibly hard-fought win!
@JaggedJimmyJay, Harvey, WOLF JOAT

@mightyrunner7, George, WOLF 1x vanillizer
@Viscernable, Lightning, Electric WOLF

@Stagg737, Crows, WOLF mass crop destroyer

Congratulations also to:
@genny, Kent, 3P whose inclusive wincon was for the game to reach F5 or smaller

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Thank you all for playing <3

*collapses on the floor*

This game is best summed up by a meme Dina made while we were deep in the throes of design:
1680146796622.png

The StardeWW games are always a joy to run, and a labor of love. A lot of labor, sometimes. And as always, I want to thank the people who really made this year's StardeWW iridium level.

Of course, I need to thank my incredible comods, @kaydubs and @Dinashadow, for the many, many, many hours that they put into designing, planning, and running this game with me. I am somewhat relieved it's over and I can get back on a normal sleep schedule, but I'm also feeling a little bit sad, and that says a lot about how wonderful it is to work with you both making games about a game we love :biglove::biglove::biglove:

A big thanks to our incredibly resilient wolf pack this game, who had an inspirational comeback after one of the roughest starts anyone could experience in WW. This game should serve as a learning tool for any packs struggling in the future about what it means to keep your head down and keep on fighting.

I also want to give a special shoutout to @Barkley13 and @potentialsheltervet in particular for putting up DAMN good fights when they were on the right track and no one would listen to them.

A big thanks to the rest of the roster for engaging with our unusual mechanics and with a game design that wasn't always clear. This is a setup with a lot of swing built into it, and for it to get to F4 lylo, with almost exactly the ideal number of misyeets needed for wolf victory, was a testament to (almost) all of you engaging with the farming mechanics the way we hoped, and continuing to fight on when things were hard.

I just want to touch on a couple mechanics that were unclear and will come up in post-game questions, I'm sure:

- samac was able to be killed on a commuting night because the wolves purchased an iridium strongarm, which was at the very front of the order of operations. This cost them literally all of their resources, and they HAPPENED to pick the right person to target with it.

- The wolves did not start with the extra kills, nor did we tell them that there was a way for them to acquire them - they had to complete certain tasks (unbeknownst to them) in order to unlock more. For example, they got their dayvig shot only if Vis destroyed at least 2 coops or 1 barn - the vig shot then was taken from the rubble of the buildings.

- The walnuts unlocked a secret store when you hit the threshold of 75. At that point, you could buy an ostrich, but if you held onto the walnuts to reach 100, you unlocked a number of powerful things to buy, including an NK avoidance, a yeet avoidance, and some vote control mechanics. No one got 100, so no one ever unlocked that.

- Neapolitan only detected vanilla/not vanilla. Seers are groce.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone for how overall pleasant this game was. Farming puts people in a good mood, I guess, but this game was an example of why I love this community, and the people in it, so much.

We truly hope you enjoyed your StardeWW experience this year. We loved providing it for you and hope it was a wonderful time. Please join us next year for StardeWW 3!

xoxo,
shorty, Dina, and kd
:biglove::biglove::biglove:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Thanks everyone for playing :biglove:

Always a treat working with shorty and KD

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
The walnuts unlocked a secret store when you hit the threshold of 75. At that point, you could buy an ostrich, but if you held onto the walnuts to reach 100, you unlocked a number of powerful things to buy, including an NK avoidance, a yeet avoidance, and some vote control mechanics. No one got 100, so no one ever unlocked that.
DAMMIT

I mean not that it would have mattered since I bought an ostrich the night I died, but there is definitely a lesson here about impulse purchases...

• Care
We actually stole the neopolitan role from SAR who used it in ggoats (it was actually my role)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Wonderful game everyone. Truly. This was what Mafia/Werewolf is all about, and I'm proud to have even played in the game at all. I am going to have much more to say soon.

• Love
  • Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Thought I was hot shít with my 5 whole walnuts, smh

"Gonna bribe me some parrots, yes sir"

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Wonderful game everyone. Truly. This was what Mafia/Werewolf is all about, and I'm proud to have even played in the game at all. I am going to have much more to say soon.
I feel our tango was satisfactory, although you may have stepped on my toes ;)

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
GG everyone! For those wondering, wolves had Jay try and kill Santy N1 and Santy hid behind Jay. Mods were cackling at the image of Krobus Santy hanging on Jay’s back as he was trying to find him to kill him…

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
LMAOOO I never get n1'ed and the one time that was a possibility I avoided that dhskbssksbd

• Care
Is it a blessing? Is it a curse? Nah, its SKILL ISSUE babyyyy

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
1680146698263.png

Who knows what fun Stardeww 3 will hold

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users