Sword of Truth WW - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Final Lynch Tally

magbags 1 - WZ
SOV 3 - dyachei, devyn, tucker
Chillbo 1 - SOV
kaydubs 1 - Cyndia
devyn 1 - epivet
UFO 3 - ashgirl, FFM,jojo
tuckervet 4 - WTF, MJ, kaydubs, Chillbo
jojo 1 - 98cats
VetAsh 2 - UFO,magbags
Epivet 1 - FrozenShades
MJ 1 - DVMD

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, unlynch whoever I had lynched, lynch MJ
Oh come on, I'm just having fun. I didn't create any ties thusfar in the game, I've just been joking about them.
resized_popo-s_club-meme-generator-first-rule-of-popo-s-training-don-t-talk-about-popo-s-training-b9f5b2.jpg
Those eyes, they still haunt my nightmares.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rule number 10 of WW, if you lynch all the villagers, wolves win.

Only one person dies a night in this game, it just would've been random who died. Which is about as good as our strategy of RNGing people anyway. It'd be doubly random.

Except everyone in the three-way tie at least had a wiki-proof role, and made the effort to defend themselves, so I would think they would be lower on the suspect list.

Only one person dies a night in this game, it just would've been random who died. Which is about as good as our strategy of RNGing people anyway. It'd be doubly random.

I don't much like the mods deciding who ends up lynched. This is a game of WW for us to play. Not for us to randomly toss out votes and then when we can't decide tie it up and let the mods do the "dirty" work. WW is never won by villagers because they RNG'd the whole game. Sure, the first few lynches might seem random or even be random, but those lynches should be decisions we made, not decisions that some mod plugged into a RNG.

I don't much like the mods deciding who ends up lynched. This is a game of WW for us to play. Not for us to randomly toss out votes and then when we can't decide tie it up and let the mods do the "dirty" work. WW is never won by villagers because they RNG'd the whole game. Sure, the first few lynches might seem random or even be random, but those lynches should be decisions we made, not decisions that some mod plugged into a RNG.
Yeah, but this lynch was all RNG'd for the most part. It just would have been one extra RNG result. I'm not saying it's ideal, but this early in the game, it's just kind of what happens.

Anyway, you're taking me way too seriously. I would have flipped my vote before the lynch closed if it looked like a tie was happening. As I said last game, I don't like ties, because if a mod gets sick of them, they can change the rules on a whim. It's completely at their discretion. I don't like the idea of that, as Escalla could easily decide to teach indecisive villagers a lesson if we do it more than once or twice.

Yeah, but this lynch was all RNG'd for the most part. It just would have been one extra RNG result. I'm not saying it's ideal, but this early in the game, it's just kind of what happens.

To an extent, random votes happen. Yes. But not to this extent. Not to the point where we have 3 or 4 way ties. Not to the point where people who have given part of their role on thread or stated what they can do that people ignore them and don't change votes. Random votes should change as people say things and talk on the thread, but lately that has not been happening, instead people just ignore and keep the votes, which is bad strategy.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, it's already been established that my tying days are over! Over I tell you!

I can't even vote close enough to lynch close to make a tie tbh.

Who says I'm just talking about ties? Hehe.

I'm just paying the combined names forward. You can thank DocE.

Members don't see this ad :)
Day 3 Results
Kahlan abruptly stands up from her seat when she hears the familiar tinkling chimes of the Sliph coming to life. The quicksilver liquid in the Sliph's fountain shines brighter and brighter until Kahlan and Cara are forced to shield their eyes.

"What news from Tanimura?" asks the Mother Confessor as she sees Richard appear from the pool.

Richard lowers his head and lets out a deep sigh. He does not meet Kahlan's gaze.

"Lord Rahl, you seem distracted." says Cara.

"Warren was found dead this morning." replied Richard in a solemn tone.

"No..." Kahlan whispered. "Dear Spirits, No!"

Warren was a close friend of Richard. While training his Han, Richard believed that the timid yet learned wizard was the only one who could help him decipher the prophecies that always seemed to involve him. Richard never had the chance to say goodbye.

After a moment of silence, Cara stepped forward and began tugging on Richard's sleeve.

"Lord Rahl, I understand that this is an ... emotional time for you, but I am afraid we have another problem."

It turns out that while Richard was away, many town criers and supporters of Lord Rahl were being abducted and tortured. These victims, all men, would be returned the next day with marks and bruises that resembled those dealt by an agiel.

Richard stood over the latest victim to examine his wounds.

"Are you sure of this Cara?"

"Yes Lord Rahl," she replied. "Those patterns are the work of TuckerVet. I have no doubt."

"Richard," began Kahlan. "Chase had similar marks on him before I confessed him. They were all hidden under his armor and tunic."

Richard didn't want to believe it. By defeating Darken Rahl he had hoped to set all the Mord Sith free; to allow them to choose their own path in life.

In his head, he remembered one of the Wizard Rules:

Passion rules over reason, for better or worse.
Richard knew to cast aside his emotions and listen to reason. The evidence was just too clear.

"So be it."

That evening, Tuckervet was summoned to a private court session.

"Lord Rahl, I can assure you that I would never do such a thing!" she exclaimed. "I no longer torture, you set us free."

Richard drew his sword from its scabbard, its metalic ring filling the air to announce its presence. Flexing his muscles, he brings down his blade. A clean stroke.

Dead is Tuckervet, Denna the Mord Sith. Accused of torture.

It is now Night 3. Send in your Night Actions.

Deadline : 8 AM EST

Aydindril
1. @dyachei
4. @DVMDream
5. @devyn

Hartland
2. @UFprevet12
3. @Ashgirl
4. @Mad Jack
5. @WildZoo

Tanimura
1. @Cyndia
2. @magbags
3. @epivet
4. @VetAshley2117

The People's Palace
1. @kaydubs
2. @Chillbo Baggins
3. @Frozenshades
5. @98cats

Altur'Rang
1. @StartingoverVet
2. @swingnsave
3. @Flim Flam Man
4. @thedrjojo
5. @WhtsThFrequency

--------------------

Underworld
@WillowLeaf - Darken Rahl
@hedgiehog - Citizen of Westland
@Gwenevre - Dell Brandstone (Chase)
@allieh8607 - Warren
@tuckervet - Denna

Sorry for missing the lynch today. I didn't realize my intern orientation + meeting was going to take 5 hours. I also didn't realize we were taking one car to meet someone 45 minutes away and then I would accidentally leave my keys at this persons house, hence having to drive all the way back. At least we got a lot done during the meeting.

Does this make me the Creator?

I am omniscient and can post in all pics....

That would actually make write-ups kind of hilarious lol.

Yes you are the Creator and I am the Keeper. Now all we need is the Omen Machine and we are set.

That said, I need to change my avatar.

For those interested in reading the series. This is the order I recommend you read the books in:

1) Wizard's First Rule
2) Stone of Tears
3) Debt of Bones
4) Blood of the Fold
5) Temple of the Winds
6) Soul of Fire
7) Faith of the Fallen
8) Pillars of Creation
9) Naked Empire
10) Chainfire
11) Phantom
12) Confessor
13) The Law of Nines
14) The First Confessor
15) The Omen Machine
16) The Third Kingdom

I've read each one twice and the 17th book is expected to be released late 2014 (hopefully).

Holy crap there's 16 books??

Holy crap there's 16 books??
Don't worry they go pretty fast. Except for the second one, which I never thought was going to end due to how stinking long that one is ( it was still a great read though).

Update

Night 3 Deadline has been extended to 9:30 AM EST (1 hour from now).

The Keeper needs his rest.

aydidrill_by_amoncmd-d53tya6.jpg

The Wizard's Keep.

A magnificent structure that has stood for thousands and thousands of years as the center of knowledge for the gifted. Since the great war, the life within its walls have depleted. Fewer and fewer are being born with the gift and as a result, the Keep has slowly become abandoned.

One person however, has remained.

Ashgirl busies himrself in the Keep, pulling volumes from many of the libraries. His tracer spell on the Rada'Han didn't work and he was going to figure out why. He sits down at a table with another pile of books, coughing and waving the dust as they hit the surface.

As he focuses heavily on the reading, he senses the presence of another. Closing the book, he goes to order them away when he feels the shock and pain of two steel blades being plunged into his lower back. He falls stiffly to the floor, unable to move as the blood pools all around him. He draws his last breath, thinking only of his grandson, Richard.

Dead is Ashgirl, Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander, First Wizard.

It is now Day 4. Lynch deadline 7 PM EST

Aydindril
1. @dyachei
4. @DVMDream
5. @devyn

Hartland
2. @UFprevet12
4. @Mad Jack
5. @WildZoo

Tanimura
1. @Cyndia
2. @magbags
3. @epivetlove
4. @VetAshley2117

The People's Palace
1. @kaydubs
2. @Chillbo Baggins
3. @Frozenshades
5. @98cats

Altur'Rang
1. @StartingoverVet
2. @swingnsave
3. @Flim Flam Man
4. @thedrjojo
5. @WhtsThFrequency

--------------------

Underworld
@WillowLeaf - Darken Rahl
@hedgiehog - Citizen of Westland
@Gwenevre - Dell Brandstone (Chase)
@allieh8607 - Warren
@tuckervet - Denna
@Ashgirl - Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander

Last edited:
Nooo! :(

Sorry! I promise, no more spoilers. Hopefully.

There's a lot of material.

Sorry! I promise, no more spoilers. Hopefully.

There's a lot of material.
I mean, where relevant you might have to give some spoilers, but i guess superfluous information like that can be kept to a minimum...

plus, if you are gonna read the wiki to get background information, you are going to get spoilers anyway

Aw, Zedd. :( And I've already spoiled a lot for myself since I've been perusing the wiki pages. Still look forward to reading the books, though! Which I plan on starting tomorrow (gotta finish my current book)!

I mean, where relevant you might have to give some spoilers, but i guess superfluous information like that can be kept to a minimum...

plus, if you are gonna read the wiki to get background information, you are going to get spoilers anyway

Yeah, I agree.....

Didn't even think about it, it's just such a well-known fact. The downside of being too familiar I suppose.

Yeah, I agree.....

Didn't even think about it, it's just such a well-known fact. The downside of being too familiar I suppose.
I wasn't complaining... more of a "really? " kind of thing. I assume anytime I play a game like this there inevitably have to be SOME spoilers. No worries.

I wasn't complaining... more of a "really? " kind of thing. I assume anytime I play a game like this there inevitably have to be SOME spoilers. No worries.

I wouldn't have blamed you if you were upset. But there's still much to learn. :) I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.