Temple ACMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Spoke to the Temple Post Bacc Secretary yesterday - she told me that there will be 2 (i think I heard this correctly) interview dates in June, and one in July.

She apparently doesn't know when they will inform the next round of interviewees, and that many applications have not even been looked through yet..

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I was also invited to the April ACMS interview and accepted. Feel free to PM me with any questions etc and good luck!

Care to share your stats? If you don't feel comfortable, that's totally understandable.. just trying to gauge what kind of applicants they're looking to accept.

Also how soon did you hear back about your acceptance after you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
youd be

1) taking a spot from someone who actually DOES need it
2) wasting your own $$$ and time when you could be doing something else like shadowing or retaking your mcat (if you need to) or volunteering for something you care about

I just spoke with someone and they suggested that perhaps my application may be overqualified for this program. Said person stated that ACMS is more for students with 3.4-3.6 GPAs with a wide variance of MCATs. I've never heard of being rejected for being overqualified for an academic program. Getting hired for a job, yes, but never in an academic backdrop. Does anyone have any experience with this specific program that can shed some light on this?

Is it possible that 3.8+, and slightly sub30 MCAT can be auto-reject for being too qualified???

you called and someone in their office told u that? is this pre or post interview?

you called and someone in their office told u that? is this pre or post interview?

I don't see how that can be true. I knew quite a few people in the program with stats that were similar and even better. (Some had lower too though, so don't be discouraged...lol.)

Curious of your stats

FYI the average for last year's matriculated ACMS class was a 3.59 GPA and mid 1300 SAT (verbal & math only). I don't recall the ACT data. They don't record the MCAT because some people either haven't taken it (it isn't required to apply) or they took it without studying, etc...

Has anyone gotten a rejection letter from Temple for the acms program?

I don't see how that can be true. I knew quite a few people in the program with stats that were similar and even better. (Some had lower too though, so don't be discouraged...lol.)

Hi all. I got an interview invite for late June but will be declining it as I was accepted to medical school last Thursday. I tried to call the office on Friday to withdraw my application but got the voicemail of the office. Feel free to message me if you have any questions and good luck to everyone.

wat was the IV like?

is temple a research orientated school or no?

wonder how many spots there are this year.

Hi all. I got an interview invite for late June but will be declining it as I was accepted to medical school last Thursday. I tried to call the office on Friday to withdraw my application but got the voicemail of the office. Feel free to message me if you have any questions and good luck to everyone.

when were you complete?? and what was the interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I also got an interview for June 25th.

Good luck!

thanks for that update shebec117. looks like no temple post bacc in my future. :(

I was complete around the same time as NewYorker and still no word.

thanks for that update shebec117. looks like no temple post bacc in my future. :(

I was complete around the same time as NewYorker and still no word.

Lets hope for july. In the meantime are u gonna apply this upcoming cycle fot md schools? I am still deciding.

I'm also interviewing on June 25th.

Any advice from people who already interviewed? What was the interview like?

Any knowledge about the interview would be much appreciated.

Feel free to PM me.

there might be another interview date in july if there wasn't any in may..i believe it's usually 3 dates..in this case it'd be april, june, july..fingers crossed..i'm tempted to just forget about this program and focus on the next med school application cycle, 'cause i've been complete since january and still no words..guessing it s a rejection//good luck everyone :) :)

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to all those who got interviews! Can some of you please share your stats? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not make them public.

Thank you and good luck !

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to all those who got interviews! Can some of you please share your stats? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not make them public.

Thank you and good luck !
Same here.. Would you mind sharing if you did anything additional (ie update letters) since your app was complete? I've been complete there for a long time with no correspondence from the program.

Do you take medical school courses with medical students in this program? Or do you take separate classes?

Got accepted today via email!!!! I think this is the one postbac where after being accepted you can say "Yessss im going to be a MD! :)" Interviewed May 14

congratulations. so they have had three interview dates so far... 4/23, 5/14, and 6/25.

Hmm wishing I had turned my app in before may now...some reason I didn't think it was rolling admissions :/

Oh Wow! Congrats to all those who got interviews and acceptance! Can some of you please share your stats? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not make them public.

Do you take medical school courses with medical students in this program? Or do you take separate classes?

Graduate courses with PhD students in the fall, and anatomy and pharm with dental students in the spring.

Assuming it is still the same as a couple years ago.

has anyone gotten a rejection notice?

That's what I am wondering about too! My application was complete on May 2nd which is pretty late. My second choice would be Tulane's pharmacology program... which starts on July 18th. Ah!

Has anyone been rejected after receiving an interview? What is the acceptance rate after interview?

Anyone looking for a 1 bedroom apartment in Philly send me a PM. My apartment will be available August 15.

any male who got accepted here and is looking for a roommate, please send me a message.

Invite for July interview yet?anyone?

Still hoping for a July interview. Where is everyone at? looks like many have given up..we never know, there's still hope *_* i really wish they would let us know what's up though. It's hard to get any info whatsoever from the secretary. i'd just like to know where i stand, been waiting for months now. june 25th would be the 3rd interview date..i don't know if they've had 4 dates in the past.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Question: when you're complete does it say on the application page "complete" or it stays "application received and payment verified" ?? thank you

Hi, does anyone know how the school will notify people if it is a rejection? I would like to know because the permanent address I listed is currently being leased out so I hope they won't send any letter there. I did give them a mailing address where I am at right now but I'm not sure which one they would use to mail out letters. I tried calling them but I work till 6pm and cannot make calls in between so I left messages but never received a reply. I also email them but they haven't responded yet. If anyone can help me out with this information that would be great.

Question: when you're complete does it say on the application page "complete" or it stays "application received and payment verified" ?? thank you

Mine says payment verified. Although i got the email saying i was complete. I did not request one, it was an automated email I think.

You should call them, they were very generous about app status inquiries.

Hey! Good luck to anyone going to June interview. Has anyone gotten an invite for July interview?

Nothing lol anyone got interview invite?

no. maybe they'll notify the next round of interviewees after the june 25th interview?

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post ever! I am a rising senior undergrad and am strongly considering applying to the ACMS. I go to a private top 25 university and my overall GPA is a 3.3 and science is a 3.0. My SAT score is a 1210 and I plan on taking the MCAT sometime in the fall. Do you think my stats are too low to get into Temple ACMS?

To the people who interviewed on Monday, how didd it go? did they tell you what they were looking for during selection? did they say anything about the class and wether or not it was full yet? anything?

To the people who interviewed on Monday, how didd it go? did they tell you what they were looking for during selection? did they say anything about the class and wether or not it was full yet? anything?

The interview day went smoothly and had a very relaxed format. They didn't tell us about how many seats were still opened, so keep the hope alive. I believe they will try to get back to the group who interview with me within two weeks, so they might have a better idea of offering more interviews at that point :xf: Hope this helps and good luck to anybody still waiting for the interview invite!

The interview day went smoothly and had a very relaxed format. They didn't tell us about how many seats were still opened, so keep the hope alive. I believe they will try to get back to the group who interview with me within two weeks, so they might have a better idea of offering more interviews at that point :xf: Hope this helps and good luck to anybody still waiting for the interview invite!

How many applicants were interviewed on your interview date?