***The Official ASDOH Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an email yesterday that I am on the waitlist. I wonder how many of us there are? Kinda bummed but I know there is still some hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Man, I'm assuming since I didn't get an e-mail yesterday, I'm probably not on the waitlist :( Has anyone been rejected yet who interviewed and hasn't heard anything until recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't receive an email either. Azra said all students should be emailed with their status once the list is finalized. Strange that only several people received the email. Also is there a difference between alternate and waiting?

I have not gotten an email yet either. I tried and failed to call Azra the other day to get some answers.

I guess we will just have to wait it out, like usual lol has anyone been able to get through when they called azra? whenever i call each week, it goes to voicemail.

So if we havent been waitlisted, should we just take it as a rejection? :(

For those wait listed, do you know where you rank on the list?

Today I received an email saying that I am on the waiting list for the waiting list. By March 9th Azra says that the waiting list will be finalized. After that I assume that anybody not on the waiting list will be rejected.

Today I received an email saying that I am on the waiting list for the waiting list. By March 9th Azra says that the waiting list will be finalized. After that I assume that anybody not on the waiting list will be rejected.

Do you know how big the waiting list is?

Does anyone know the facebook group for this incoming class or the process for receiving that info? I'm excited to see who will be my classmates for the next four years!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the facebook group for this incoming class or the process for receiving that info? I'm excited to see who will be my classmates for the next four years!

@waldo13 I would ask Azra. I tried to call her number a few days ago but couldn't get a hold of her probably since my phone was going inactive and active repeatedly. If you get in touch with her and get into the group, please let us know.

@waldo13 I would ask Azra. I tried to call her number a few days ago but couldn't get a hold of her probably since my phone was going inactive and active repeatedly. If you get in touch with her and get into the group, please let us know.
Cool thanks, and I'll try and keep everyone in the loop

I received the facebook group last night. If anyone needs it who's going to ASDOH just message me

Finally got an email from Azra informing me that I am on the wait list. She did not say how long the wait list is, or where I am on it.

Just wanna let you all know that someone on the ASDOH group page is withdrawing his application. Someone on the wait list should be accepted soon. Good luck you all!

Just wanna let you all know that someone on the ASDOH group page is withdrawing his application. Someone on the wait list should be accepted soon. Good luck you all!
Thank you for the information!!! Apparently there are only a few of us on the first waitlist. Fingers crossed!!!

Thank you for the information!!! Apparently there are only a few of us on the first waitlist. Fingers crossed!!!

How did you find out that there are different waitlists?

How did you find out that there are different waitlists?
Someone wrote earlier that they received an email that they were on the waitlist for the waitlist. It's up a few posts

Someone wrote earlier that they received an email that they were on the waitlist for the waitlist. It's up a few posts
I must be on the wait list for the wait list for the wait list then lol

So if we haven't been contacted about wait list or wait list for the waitlist, then is it safe to assume we're rejected? I really loved this school :(

So if we haven't been contacted about wait list or wait list for the waitlist, then is it safe to assume we're rejected? I really loved this school :(

Hey girl I contacted Azra last week and she said that there are still a few spots open for the waitlist and that the list would be finalized no later than this Tuesday. I also asked if I was low or high priority (something I had read on threads) and she said she didn't have that information. Having interviewed at other schools I met reapplicants who were on the wl for asdoh last year, they were telling me even if granted to be on the wl/alternate list that it barely moves for this school though of course there's prob. going to be a lucky few.

Great attitude! :) Love that!

Same here! Interviewed in October and was rejected today. Although asdoh was my dream school I was still accepted elsewhere and still on the wait list and interviewing at two top choices :)

Got the rejection as well; interviewed back in September.

Aw man, sorry. Were you ever in waitlist?

Don't feel sorry for Foodie2008, he was accepted to like 7 other schools. He is a fantastic person and will make an excellent dentist!

Don't feel sorry for Foodie2008, he was accepted to like 7 other schools. He is a fantastic person and will make an excellent dentist!

Haha I never felt sorry for him, just saying its a bummer he didn't get accepted here. Plus I haven't been accepted here yet either, so if I'm feeling sorry for anyone it's myself lol. I'm sure you all will be great dentists!

I'm looking to get 2 roommates for anyone who is interested. 3.5 miles from school (~10 min drive). It's a house. You would split the upstairs full bathroom with another roomate. $550/month, includes all utilities, internet etc. Please be chill; no drama! haha. Email me if you are serious and I will get you more info, pics, etc. [email protected]

Recieved the call today. I've been pulled off the waitlist and I have been accepted!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I withdrew this morning at 9 am EST --I hope it was my spot, and if not I hope it goes to another SDNer. Very hard decision to make -- ASDOH is an AWESOME place. Best of luck!

I got accepted off of the wait list yesterday!

Reactions: 2 users
Shrister, when did you interview? And congrats!!

Hey when did you guys receive the acceptance email after they called and accepted you?

No you're in! :)

I did not get the acceptance email on Friday, even though I was accepted on Thursday by phone call. Do you think Friday being Good Friday had anything to do with it? It still doesn't feel official to me until I see the email.

I did not get the acceptance email on Friday, even though I was accepted on Thursday by phone call. Do you think Friday being Good Friday had anything to do with it? It still doesn't feel official to me until I see the email.
I wouldn't be too worried about it. Just call them tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.