The Official June 13, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funtertaining15

Average Wizard
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think it's about time someone made one.
2nd and last time rescheduling this. At least I'll be done with finals in 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what time the scores will be released? I saw on AAMC that it'll be on July 13th @ 5:00 PM EST, but do they ever release it at a sooner time?

For the past few MCAT exams, the release time has been around 3:15 pm. AAMC announces the release of scores also on their Twitter account.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's Ramadan and I have been praying for 8+ on that PS section every time I get a chance. I already have a retake plan and timeline ready..

Reactions: 4 users
People keep posting about times for when they are coming out, I think people are failing to recognize that there are different time zones. BUT has anyone heard of scores coming out any earlier than the day indicated? Like a day or two? AAMC needs to be better about managing expectations, start telling us they'll be out a week later than at actually will.

It's Ramadan and I have been praying for 8+ on that PS section every time I get a chance. I already have a retake plan and timeline ready..
Ramadan Mubarak! I've been doing the same thing. I'm currently enrolled in a summer class and studying for a retake while fasting. How do you do it? It's so tough. Lol

Reactions: 2 users
we June 5th guys had a tough PS section too, but everything came out ok. Trust your averages

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
we June 5th guys had a tough PS section too, but everything came out ok. Trust your averages

Lol that's what has me worried. I didn't havethe the sdn standard of 30+ averages. I think it was burn out from going at it for 6 months but that theory will be disproved soon lol

Reactions: 1 users
Ramadan Mubarak! I gave it a try and it did not work out. I work and volunteer and have been taking a summer class that's real hard. I decided to get back to the starting line if I do bad and give myself 3-4 months to take it dec or Jan and have It ready for next cycle. After a nice month long vacation lol

OTE="DreamerAchiever, post: 15454490, member: 600997"]Ramadan Mubarak! I've been doing the same thing. I'm currently enrolled in a summer class and studying for a retake while fasting. How do you do it? It's so tough. Lol[/QUOTE]
Ram

Didn't realize there were so many Muslims on this thread! Ramadan Kareem, everyone!

Wow, this is so cool! Ramadan Mubarak to everyone and hopefully (iA) we will all be celebrating soon enough!

Reactions: 4 users
Not Muslim but hopefully the word of the day for Tuesday is mashallah for all of us. XD

Reactions: 5 users
Agnostic, but sending a few prayers myself that my score at least be an accurate reflection of my understanding and application of the basic sciences, if not a reflection of what number I would like it to be!

So unless I get a 32 or below, I shouldn't retake?

Exact same. Hello gift card! boom. haha The psych was beyond hard. I have no idea how to identify specific names/theories related to the concepts on that trial section. I've only taken 1 psychology class since high school...

Same Here! Guessed on almost every answer too, I really had no clue!

Hi Guys, I am pretty much mirroring the general sentiment of this thread and considering my retake timeline now. Would anyone mind sharing your timelines? Are you going to try and squeeze into this cycle still, or would doing poorly tomorrow warrant taking a year off so application timing is ideal next cycle.

Thanks in advance

Work tomorrow is going to be the worst. I keep telling myself that I can just wait until I get home to check the scores, but I know I will be frantically refreshing the page every couple of minutes once the clock strikes 3.

Tomorrow's going to be the least productive day ever at work haha. At least it'll be over in like 30 hours! I'd rather just know and get it over with at this point.

I guess it depends on your stats. I would strongly recommend a retake before the new MCAT begins in January because thats going to be a completely different beast. It still wouldn't hurt to take it again and apply if you're still before the deadline. DO school deadlines go all the way into 2015 so if thats what your interested in you should be fine. That's if you have the cash to toss at the apps and as I said before, what your stats and ECs are like.

Hi Guys, I am pretty much mirroring the general sentiment of this thread and considering my retake timeline now. Would anyone mind sharing your timelines? Are you going to try and squeeze into this cycle still, or would doing poorly tomorrow warrant taking a year off so application timing is ideal next cycle.

Thanks in advance

This weekend I've been getting all kinds of good news. This is either the universe correcting the bad news to come tomorrow, or it is a sign of awesomeness coming my way.

Either way, in 27 hrs I will be over this part of my life!

Reactions: 1 user
FINALLY found this thread after searching SDN for quite a while. Looked over the past comments and so glad I'm not the only one who thought PS was horrible! Thinking good thoughts for scores tomorrow...

Thanks in advance
I scheduled a retake for August 7th, been really hard to study this month, but I still plan to apply this cycle. Knowing how my practice tests were and how I felt, I sense a retake in my future unfortunately.

Hey guys, I've been following this thread a bit and thought I would tell everyone good luck tomorrow! I'm going to try and wait until I get off work tomorrow...hopefully I can leave early (as soon as AAMC tweets out the score release)

I wish I could just not work tomorrow! I go in roughly 45 min after scores are released and work until 11pm...and I know I'm not going to be able to wait to look at the score. It's either going to be a really good night or a really bad night at work.

*also feel like I should add I'm not muslim but I am christian, and I'll add all of y'all in my prayers tonight :)

You guys are a wonderful group of people, and I wish you the best :) No matter what happens tomorrow, everything will work out insha'Allah.

I felt good until the World Cup ended, now I'm obsessing over my potential score. Ay yi yi it's going to be a long day tomorrow.

I felt good until the World Cup ended, now I'm obsessing over my potential score. Ay yi yi it's going to be a long day tomorrow.

I was at a Chinese restaurant yesterday and I got a fortune cookie which said something like your ability to pick correctly will bring you success. Going off of that I chose that the Germans would win! And they did win!! So hopefully this translates to success on the MCAT!

Read this on SDN a while back so thought I would post it since it feels so relevant:
"No matter what happens on tomorrow, the beer will be cold, the scotch will be old and there will be tears."

Good luck everybody! I just want to get this wait over with

Reactions: 2 users
Omg I can feel the anxiety just by reading!! Not looking forward to this feeling when I take it in November...

Sending all of you my best wishes!!!

What did you guys end up buying with your amazon gift card? I'm waiting to see if I need to spend it on some more review material before spending it on something else lol

What did you guys end up buying with your amazon gift card? I'm waiting to see if I need to spend it on some more review material before spending it on something else lol

Nah man live it up. I'll be putting it towards some new kicks or clothes to lift in.

I wish I could just not work tomorrow! I go in roughly 45 min after scores are released and work until 11pm...and I know I'm not going to be able to wait to look at the score. It's either going to be a really good night or a really bad night at work.

*also feel like I should add I'm not muslim but I am christian, and I'll add all of y'all in my prayers tonight :)

Thank you! Im a christian too and right now praying for strength for us to accept our scores whatever they may be and strength to do something about them. Whether rejoice or retake. Good luck guys.

Reactions: 6 users

I'm planning on rewarded or consoling myself with a new pair of sunglasses once scores are out tomorrow. I'm thinking we deserve to use the $30 for something fun since we sat through that trial section in spite of pure exhaustion (at least in my case).​