The Official June 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abraxas305

Bark Bark
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So we can talk about all things MCAT 2015.
Just registered too!

Members don't see this ad.

Why does it take a month? It was even that long for the old one. I could understand the steps needed for the first few rounds of this new one, but after that, why the delay?

they say it is to equate the scores, but haven't they said that happens before the exam is even administered? I honestly think they just wait until the next testing group has gone, to prevent people looking at their score and deciding to retake the next month taking seats away from people who actually still need to take it for the first time.

Why does it take a month? It was even that long for the old one. I could understand the steps needed for the first few rounds of this new one, but after that, why the delay?

I bet part of the delay is to investigate any irregularities on the test day. I'd imagine they don't want to release scores they have to repeal.

Members don't see this ad :)
It would be interesting to see if they use the scores from July. In my opinion, the July test was a breeze compared to the June test. I walked out of the June test thinking I had failed (My percentiles weren't all that great, hence why I retook the exam).. and I walked out of the July test after a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT exam. It almost doesn't seem far to use the July test scores because I truly believe the exam was easier. The raw scores would differ wildly.

My best guess is they want to use the July scores as well to get a more accurate average? I could be way off though.
he has a valid point, even with the old mcat when they had good data about the tests and such it still took them a month to release scores. Which just plays into my poor customer ser if argument. I mean its 2015 I can download a car yet you can't release scores from a test you designed and administered in under a month! But in all actuality they probably have a bunch of statisticians working on the dataset to normalize, and separate the experimental passages.But in all actuality it is probably a hold over from when they administered it on paper. They are just to lazy to strive for anything quicker because they have a captive audience and customer service is a concept they haven't heard about

he has a valid point, even with the old mcat when they had good data about the tests and such it still took them a month to release scores. Which just plays into my poor customer ser if argument. I mean its 2015 I can download a car yet you can't release scores from a test you designed and administered in under a month! But in all actuality they probably have a bunch of statisticians working on the dataset to normalize, and separate the experimental passages.But in all actuality it is probably a hold over from when they administered it on paper. They are just to lazy to strive for anything quicker because they have a captive audience and customer service is a concept they haven't heard about

But you wouldn't download a car ...

Reactions: 1 user
It would be interesting to see if they use the scores from July. In my opinion, the July test was a breeze compared to the June test. I walked out of the June test thinking I had failed (My percentiles weren't all that great, hence why I retook the exam).. and I walked out of the July test after a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT exam. It almost doesn't seem far to use the July test scores because I truly believe the exam was easier. The raw scores would differ wildly.

In reality, it should not be any easier to get a better score regardless of the administration date of your test. The number of people, as a proportion, in each percentile range will be, more or less, the same across every test version and every test date. If the test was harder, it will be scaled/curved more-so, and if it was easier, it will be scaled/curved less so. That is the beauty of percentiles, inasmuch as it keeps the proportions of people in each range constant; you won't hit 1/3 of people with a >90% in one date and only 1/8 in another, at least not this early on.

If you're saying just the simplicity of the questions compared to the stressors of more difficult questions and how they can affect performance were the main issue of disparity, then well enough said.

I just can't understand why they are making us wait an entire day for our scores.. I've been so unproductive in the lab...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
tumblr_mzayvoCWgk1r4gei2o8_400.gif
aamc right now

Last edited:
Thats so ridiculous. I actually never realized that the new scale was simply an adjustment of the 45 scale. Mind blown.

Also, WTF.

Think of how much more stressful this waiting would be if we didn't know our percentiles lol

Reactions: 2 users
I assume they all drink a lot the morning of release, expecting calls and emails complaining of scores lower than desired. The keg was probably delayed in arriving.

Haha, probably true. I do a face-palm every time I read the stuff people tweet them. Respect to AAMC for actually having the patience to respond every time.

Reactions: 1 users
If you get 95th you go to Harvard if you get 85th you go to the Caribbean? Don't think so lol you guys are ridiculous.

Reactions: 6 users
AAMC Manager: "Nontrad16 is showing high levels of neurotic and self-destructive behavior, refreshing the reporting page even with a twitter alert on his phone. John, reduce his Psych score to less than the lower bound. Something is clearly wrong with this individual..."
AAMC Employee: "Yes sir!"
NonTrad16: :eek:

(In my head, they are on the starship Enterprise...)

Reactions: 5 users
If you get 95th you go to Harvard if you get 85th you go to the Caribbean? Don't think so lol you guys are ridiculous.
I am exaggerating, however the 90-100 basket spans 14ish points. Big difference in the schools you should be applying to on the edges of that range

guys, I got my wisdom teeth out this morning and was hoping to be all drugged up when the scores came out but they've all worn out :(

Reactions: 1 user