**** The Official Louisville Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got an email request for confirmation if I still want to be an active candidate for admissions. App was completed on 10/09. This is the first email I got from them since then.

Members don't see this ad.

I just mailed out my decline of acceptance to Louisville today, I'm accepting at MN. One more seat for someone! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you recieve your are you still interested email? And when did you recieve the interview invitation?
I received the interested email 12/7 amd got interview invite email by 6:20 today

What day in January are you guys/ladies going to interview? For those who have not received an interview invite yet...don't lose hope!! I was told in an email that the committee was getting together this week, as well as next week, to send out January interview invitations.

Reactions: 1 users
I have yet to receive an email from them and my application was submitted originally in August. I haven't gotten a rejection yet either. Should I keep my hopes up?

What are the chances people get pulled off the waitlist as an in-state or out-of-state applicant at this point? I know Louisville and UK take a certain number of in-staters before Dec. 1st (45 each?) and an unknown amount of out of staters on that first day (different class sizes, but no one ever knows), depending on the program. Plus, a poster on these threads indicated that if you're an in-state applicant and you don't get an acceptance eventually up until June, it's extremely rare according to the numbers.

If you're on the waitlist now for either designation, what are your chances? Do in-staters get pulled off the list more rapidly than an OOS applicant because they've applied to both, or is it common for UofL and UK to take similar OOS applicants because they're desirable? Can anyone provide input on your chances for both designations? I have a friend who's an in-state resident here at KY, and I am OOS.

What are the chances people get pulled off the waitlist as an in-state or out-of-state applicant at this point? I know Louisville and UK take a certain number of in-staters before Dec. 1st (45 each?) and an unknown amount of out of staters on that first day (different class sizes, but no one ever knows), depending on the program. Plus, a poster on these threads indicated that if you're an in-state applicant and you don't get an acceptance eventually up until June, it's extremely rare according to the numbers.

If you're on the waitlist now for either designation, what are your chances? Do in-staters get pulled off the list more rapidly than an OOS applicant because they've applied to both, or is it common for UofL and UK to take similar OOS applicants because they're desirable? Can anyone provide input on your chances for both designations? I have a friend who's an in-state resident here at KY, and I am OOS.

I can't speak to your chances of getting in once you're on the waitlist, but UofL accepts around 70% OOS. I believe between the two KY schools they accept around 100 IS students total, the rest are OOS. I would guess the OOS list moves faster since more people might get into UofL but also a state school, and they would probably accept the state school and drop UofL if they are OOS.

What were your guys stats that got accepted? (GPA, DAT, Volunteer, Shadow Hours)

Accepted Dec 1 with 3.2 GPA, 22 DAT, ~15 volunteer, ~100 shadowing hours

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I'm OoS. My lowest DAT sections were RC, BIO, OChem, and PAT at 21. But I also had over 3.9 average GPA for the last 4 semesters taking 16-23 credits each semester

Yeah, I'm OoS. My lowest DAT sections were RC, BIO, OChem, and PAT at 21. But I also had over 3.9 average GPA for the last 4 semesters taking 16-23 credits each semester
Ohh great thanks

They are all out of the office until January 4th so I wouldn't expect to hear anything until at least then!
Some one mentioned that they are having a meeting the week of christmas, thats why I was wondering.

I got an interview invite too! A couple days ago for January 11th OOS GA ! Hoping to get in!

Do you mind sharing your stats? Also when did you apply?
My gpa was a 3.59 and my DAT was an 18
I did a bunch ( ~200 hours) of shadowing and had leadership roles ,volunteering and extra curricular activities .
I submitted in July but my DAT score was mid August because of personal issues. My late score might have affected my application. I think faith is driving me more than stats now. I'm pretty average but I know (100%) that I want to be a dentist. Don't give up! Praying this interview gets me in

My gpa was a 3.59 and my DAT was an 18
I did a bunch ( ~200 hours) of shadowing and had leadership roles ,volunteering and extra curricular activities .
I submitted in July but my DAT score was mid August because of personal issues. My late score might have affected my application. I think faith is driving me more than stats now. I'm pretty average but I know (100%) that I want to be a dentist. Don't give up! Praying this interview gets me in
I wish you the best. My DAT is 21 and gpa is 3.5, and lots of volunteering plus research. I applied kind of late but i have not recieved an interview yet.

I wish you the best. My DAT is 21 and gpa is 3.5, and lots of volunteering plus research. I applied kind of late but i have not recieved an interview yet.
Thanks you! I wish you the best as well!
They told me they do two interview batches in January. I'm guessing I'm the earlier batch so they might still be deciding who gets the next batch.
Does anyone know how many people have already been accepted? I know two people from my university that has been accepted.

Any interview invites?
nope, best bet is to just try to call the school and ask if they have decided for the second batch of january interviews...i am sure they will give you an honest answer on if they have or not.

nope, best bet is to just try to call the school and ask if they have decided for the second batch of january interviews...i am sure they will give you an honest answer on if they have or not.
Great I will do that

Any accepted or waitlisted in-staters looking to decline UofL?

Last edited:
Anybody else apply for the DMD/PhD program? App completed in October and I haven't heard anything yet...

Did people get that email asking if we were still considering Louisville? It wasn't an interview invitation but it asked if I was still looking at schools and if I was interested in attending because they are narrowing their search to those who actively want a spot or something? I talked to some other ppl who applied and they did not get that email. Does that mean I'm being "considered" for an interview? Haha

Did people get that email asking if we were still considering Louisville? It wasn't an interview invitation but it asked if I was still looking at schools and if I was interested in attending because they are narrowing their search to those who actively want a spot or something? I talked to some other ppl who applied and they did not get that email. Does that mean I'm being "considered" for an interview? Haha
When did you get that email?

I called today and she said there is no more interview spots that she know of... I think there will be one more interview date at the end of this month.

I emailed and asked if they were sending out anymore invites for interviews and they said no :(

I will be declining my acceptance, I will be attending UNC instead. Hope the spot goes out to one of you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.