The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

What you speak is the absolute truth. It is good to have a plan mapped out (although i have a good feeling for you this cycle). I am right there with Lanny. I would like to know as well if you don't mind?
I still am optimistic about my chances at my state schools as well as the possibility of receiving at least one more II, even if it is later on. So we will see!

Members don't see this ad :)
Mheard honestly your drive and motivation is inspiring. Hope it works out for you this cycle and if not then the next one

Reactions: 3 users
@mheard92 , that sounds like a solid plan. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you state schools too, even if it a dramatic call in July off a waitlist. You have what it takes to be a doctor, and that extra little grade push will show them.

Reactions: 1 user
Mheard honestly your drive and motivation is inspiring. Hope it works out for you this cycle and if not then the next one
@mheard92 , that sounds like a solid plan. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you state schools too, even if it a dramatic call in July off a waitlist. You have what it takes to be a doctor, and that extra little grade push will show them.
You both have no idea what it means for y'all to say that. Even though this is an anonymous forum, I am extremely happy to have met you all here!

Well if you remember, when I was previously mentioning it in the thread, you noticed that I really didn't have a lot of credit hours. So I did some calculations and I am going to start this semester by taking a cell bio class at one of the colleges around here, take A&P 1 and 2 over the summer, and then 2 courses in the next fall and spring and then apply for the next cycle after that. If I get As in the 28-30 credits (which I am confident on at this point), that will bring my uGPA and sGPA up to right around 3.5 which I definitely think will help my application next time around with the experiences that I have. During this, I am going to see if I cannot be a TA in some upper level bio courses that my Masters degree covers and work at a restaurant again or something to make money for the courses and living.
It is a lot to do, but seeing as I really think my issue is my GPA, it is what I gotta do! And financially I cannot handle an SMP as I have already tossed out a ton of money for my graduate degree from Hopkins.

I think that sounds like a great plan! I really hope you won't have to put it into effect tho, hopefully you will get off that waitlist!

I have to say, I have so much respect for people who don't get in the first time but take it all in stride and handle it so maturely. I'd probably be wallowing in depression, knowing me.

I think that sounds like a great plan! I really hope you won't have to put it into effect tho, hopefully you will get off that waitlist!
I really hope so too! Kind of a reason I am not entirely convinced I want to take a class this semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
Plan for the worst but hope for the best.
yea I know I should, but I really do not know how much longer I will be in Maryland. My lease ends at the end of March and my girlfriend had a huge job interview in TN last week and she will find out if she got it in a few weeks. If she gets it, we will move down there soon. So I can either live month to month until the class is over or just take it when I get a bit more settled in.

Lol I saw your icon and I was like who is this random person commenting on our thread.
What is DD214?
A Department of Defense Form 2-14 is the paperwork that certifies a military member has completed his service and is discharged from active duty.

Doby is free!

Reactions: 2 users
Every day that goes by my desire to start med school increases. Man oh man these next 6 months are going to be longgggg

Just clarifying... the TTGACA and TATAAT boxes have to be on the coding strand right? otherwise the directionality of promoter/gene schematics don't make sense

sweet. advanced molecular genetics, the grad version. of course I'd choose to take that in my supposed to be easiest semester of my career. Y i do it to myself guys?

Last edited:
Finally accepted :D!!! Showing my home thread some love!
Congratssss

sweet. advanced molecular genetics, the grad version. of course I'd choose to take that in my supposed to be easiest semester of my career. Y i do it to myself guys?
Yeah my semester is actually super busy but I love it

Dang it was about a year ago today when I received my MCAT 2015 books and began the process of studying for one last attempt at the MCAT.
Wow how time flies.

Reactions: 4 users
I love Morgan Freeman but you cannot go against the original B.A.M.F

Attachments

• 440914.jpg
    440914.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 43
It's 60 degrees in Cleveland today!! I'm currently dancing to Kokomo in my room with the windows wide open.

@Pastamahn Did you see what Glandzburg put on the Wisc thread? Apparently there is usually a fair amount of movement on the IS waitlist. Maybe we'll be classmates after all! That is, if you can turn down WashU :)

@Pastamahn Did you see what Glandzburg put on the Wisc thread? Apparently there is usually a fair amount of movement on the IS waitlist. Maybe we'll be classmates after all! That is, if you can turn down WashU :)
That's awesome! I'm anxious to see my WL rank but crossing my fingers it's high! It would be so hard to turn down Wisconsin due to the crazy low tuition and loving Madison, but my cycle still has so many "ifs" that I still really have no idea where I'm gonna end up :wideyed:

That's awesome! I'm anxious to see my WL rank but crossing my fingers it's high! It would be so hard to turn down Wisconsin due to the crazy low tuition and loving Madison, but my cycle still has so many "ifs" that I still really have no idea where I'm gonna end up :wideyed:
When do they rank the waitlist?

So USC just sent an email today with all their important dates.
Class will begin on my B-Day August 8th meaning I will officially be 34 when I start medical school:(
It also means means I don't want to hear anybody b^%$ about how long things are taking you LOL

Reactions: 1 users
So USC just sent an email today with all their important dates.
Class will begin on my B-Day August 8th meaning I will officially be 34 when I start medical school:(
It also means means I don't want to hear anybody b^%$ about how long things are taking you LOL

Wow you're 33! I feel so young lol I'll be 21 for a solid month of med school.

Reactions: 1 users