The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Family is starting to confirm for graduation. It will be a little bit like Legally Blonde meets Sons of Anarchy when my relatives invade, but May can't get here fast enough.

Reactions: 1 user
Family is starting to confirm for graduation. It will be a little bit like Legally Blonde meets Sons of Anarchy when my relatives invade, but May can't get here fast enough.
I'm so excited for med school but also not looking forward to missing all my friends. :(((((

Reactions: 2 users
I was chatting with flashfan at a party this weekend. He is still interviewing. I am just waiting for a Loyola decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha wait that's awesome that you met up with him
I used to date one of his fraternity brothers and we figured out who we were earlier this year. He is really nice IRL. I would love it if we both go to med school together but I think if he gets in anywhere else, he will not go to our state school.

I used to date one of his fraternity brothers and we figured out who we were earlier this year. He is really nice IRL. I would love it if we both go to med school together but I think if he gets in anywhere else, he will not go to our state school.
This is so crazy to me. What are the odds that some of us May 22-ers know each other? I guess it's probably pretty high in all actuality, but still seems crazy to me!

This is so crazy to me. What are the odds that some of us May 22-ers know each other? I guess it's probably pretty high in all actuality, but still seems crazy to me!
It was a bit bizarre. There are about 4 or 5 people from Indiana so it does make it more likely but it freaked me out. His school only has a few premeds so it is even more of a crap shoot that we would meet.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using SDN mobile

Anyone have any podcast suggestions? For the next couple weeks I'm going to be doing some stuff in my lab that's pretty mindless but time consuming so I need something to hold my attention haha.

Anyone have any podcast suggestions? For the next couple weeks I'm going to be doing some stuff in my lab that's pretty mindless but time consuming so I need something to hold my attention haha.
I like radio lab.
And white coat black art is a medical podcast from Canada. I think it's really interesting to see the difference between the systems.

I can't remember if it was for sure radiolab, but I think I didn't liked it because of the obnoxious sound effects

Thanks! I really hope I get a final decision today. I don't think I can handle being pushed off onto the next committee meeting and having to wait another month.
Dude, I know. I'm still waiting for my "deferred decision" from UofM. I remember getting the II in late July. Sigh, I was so hopeful hahaha. Probably won't actually get the inevitable waitlist until late March arrrrgghhh.

Dude, I know. I'm still waiting for my "deferred decision" from UofM. I remember getting the II in late July. Sigh, I was so hopeful hahaha. Probably won't actually get the inevitable waitlist until late March arrrrgghhh.

So is deferred decision basically a waitlist there, or is it like Case where it's the waitlist for the waitlist?

Deferred decision means exactly that. They have yet to make a decision. They say "It's not an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection." It basically means they want to keep you in the running to compare to other people throughout the cycle, with a final decision in March. They do accept deferred candidates, but at this point I just feel like my chances are very slim.

There's a waitlist for the waitlist? I didn't even know schools did this :lame:

Lol yeah Case places you on hold post-interview if they don't want to accept you. Then in late March/early April they form the actual alternate list, but most people who got placed on hold get on the alternate list. And then you can get accepted off the alternate list basically any time beginning around May.

Deferred decision means exactly that. They have yet to make a decision. They say "It's not an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection." It basically means they want to keep you in the running to compare to other people throughout the cycle, with a final decision in March. They do accept deferred candidates, but at this point I just feel like my chances are very slim.

Ah. Well I really hope you get accepted!

From what I have heard sometimes things get backed up at the end of the cycle.

I just had a huge burst of excitement at the thought of starting med school. I was grinning like a maniac the whole way home from class, and I had to restrain myself from like running or jumping.

I just had a huge burst of excitement at the thought of starting med school. I was grinning like a maniac the whole way home from class, and I had to restrain myself from like running or jumping.
That's happened to me while helping TA for a lab with a pig dissection. I'm like "wait the next time I cut something open it will be a person. what the heck!!!" Excitement mixed with disbelief mixed with a little anxiety

Reactions: 3 users
That's happened to me while helping TA for a lab with a pig dissection. I'm like "wait the next time I cut something open it will be a person. what the heck!!!" Excitement mixed with disbelief mixed with a little anxiety

Hahah oh my god. This is such an emotional rollercoaster. One day I'm excited, then the next I'm scared out of my mind, then the next I just get fed up with this whole process and want it to be over.

Hahah oh my god. This is such an emotional rollercoaster. One day I'm excited, then the next I'm scared out of my mind, then the next I just get fed up with this whole process and want it to be over.
I find myself mainly oscillating between the extremes of excited for med school, anxious about making a decision, and devastated to leave my school, friends, communities here, etc. Mainly the last part omg.

And like I suck at making decisions, it took me forever to make a college decision and I think it will take me just as long to make a med school decision.

I find myself mainly oscillating between the extremes of excited for med school, anxious about making a decision, and devastated to leave my school, friends, communities here, etc. Mainly the last part omg.

And like I suck at making decisions, it took me forever to make a college decision and I think it will take me just as long to make a med school decision.

Haha when I was deciding on a college, I visited Case and then the next day I was like "whatever, I guess I'll go there", and enrolled.
Luckily it's not looking like there's going to be any decision to make this time around. Cincinnati it is!

Totally get the whole emotional roller coaster part! I was working in the hospital yesterday and could not stop smiling when I saw med students walking around. I am beyond excited

Reactions: 1 users
Totally get the whole emotional roller coaster part! I was working in the hospital yesterday and could not stop smiling when I saw med students walking around. I am beyond excited
Haha I was in church the other day and the guy in front of me was still in his Scrubs and I was like omggg that's gonna be me!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

This is random, but I learned some awesome facts on Reddit today that are too cool not to share.

• The t-rex is closer to us in time than he is to the stegosaurus.
  • Stonehenge was already considered ancient by the time the Romans arrived in England.
  • Oxford University predates the Aztec and Incan empires by several hundred years.
  • Cleopatra is closer to the iPhone chronologically than she is to the building of the Great Pyramid.

I bench pressed 3 reps of 175 today!
Now I know there is going to be some hard core power lifter on this thread that is going to respond " Ha my girl friends chihuahua warms up at that weight!' But you know what, Thats the most I have done in while, so I'm excited

I bench pressed 3 reps of 175 today!
Now I know there is going to be some hard core power lifter on this thread that is going to respond " Ha my girl friends chihuahua warms up at that weight!' But you know what, Thats the most I have done in while, so I'm excited
Well done brother! I just got back around there too after losing all my gains from being sick a couple months ago. Definitely is a good feeling!

Reactions: 1 users