***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Congratulations to everyone who got off the waitlist! Hopefully there's good news coming for the rest of us as well!

I just had a question. I called today and asked to speak to Dr. Mejia and was told that she's not available. Also, I haven't been able to reach her by e-mail. Is there any other way I can contact her? I was thinking of dropping by admissions (I live in NY) but I was told by the person I spoke with that she doesn't meet with students as she is the assistant dean. I'm in in a pickle here! Lol, I guess I should still drop by and try to speak to an admissions counselor. Any advice guys? :(

Anyone got accepted yesterday? :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
got accepted off the waitlist last week as well. all i can say is to stay in contact with the everyone and anyone in the admissions office, not just Dr. Mejia

got accepted off the waitlist last week as well. all i can say is to stay in contact with the everyone and anyone in the admissions office, not just Dr. Mejia

Is it better to keep in contact via email or phone calls? What do you usually tell them to convey interest?

Gave up my spot late last week, good luck everyone.

Reactions: 6 users
@dentalperson21 and @it's me

i interviewed way back in november and was waitlisted dec 1
i contacted them immediately after and stated my interest on how its my number 1 choice and kept reinforcing that fact with emails every 2/3 weeks with various academic updates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed in March got accepted or got off the waitlist?

Reactions: 2 users
Has there been any movement off the waitlist this week???

hey all, can we all agree to notify our peers using this thread if and when one of us gets off the wait list. Any information is helpful. Cheers

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone called the admissions offices and gtten any new info? i dont want to call and badger them every single week...

I called a few days ago and was told that there are still spots available.

I know this might not be an ACTUAL indication for number of students, but the Facebook page for 2020 is growing on daily basis... I really hope there r still spots for us

I know this might not be an ACTUAL indication for number of students, but the Facebook page for 2020 is growing on daily basis... I really hope there r still spots for us
The group has a bunch of upperclassman and myself in it. So it definitely does not reflect the actual class size.

Last year they had a facebook group for only the incoming D1's, has anyone had any luck finding that group? Does it even exist? lol

I was taken off the waitlist last week! Interviewed late February.

I was taken off the waitlist last week! Interviewed late February.
congrats jibbers! bet you're feeling like gold now.
does anyone know if they move through thr waitlist in any chronological pattern? i was interviewed and waitlisted in march...

congrats jibbers! bet you're feeling like gold now.
does anyone know if they move through thr waitlist in any chronological pattern? i was interviewed and waitlisted in march...
I was wondering the same. Of course the adcom answer will always be "no." However, based on the most recent waitlist movement on this thread, it seems as though people who interviewed the week of February 8-19 got off these past few days. Of course there were one or two who stated that they had Pre-Dec interviews who got the call too. I guess all we can do is speculate, wait, and cry. :scared::barf:

Hopefully they'll accept us interviewed in march soon

Anyone interviewed before mid-February still waiting to hear back?

There is someone in the facebook group who got accepted today. I guess there was indeed movement this week (today).

For those of you who have emailed the Adcom, how quickly did they respond to your email?

For those of you who have emailed the Adcom, how quickly did they respond to your email?

They're usually pretty quick. 1-2 days

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I interviewed in December and was accepted on Monday. Very important to stay in contact with both your admissions officer and Dr. Mejia!

Hi everyone, I got accepted off of the waitlist yesterday afternoon. I, too, have been staying in contact with admissions and strongly feel that it played a huge role. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have!

Hi everyone, I got accepted off of the waitlist yesterday afternoon. I, too, have been staying in contact with admissions and strongly feel that it played a huge role. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have!
Congrats!!! May I ask which state you live and when you got waitlisted?

Has anyone from NY been accepted off the waitlist ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

did anyone who interviewed in march got off the waitlist yet?

Thanks! I interviewed on the 26th of feb and I'm from texas!
Congrats! Do you mind sharing where you did your college undergrad? I heard that sometimes they favor out of state students who attended college in the Northeast…..

For those of you starting in the fall with kids, where are you looking at in terms of housing?

Congrats! Do you mind sharing where you did your college undergrad? I heard that sometimes they favor out of state students who attended college in the Northeast…..

Sure! I went to UT Austin so I stayed in state for undergrad and graduated in may if 2015