****The Official Ohio State Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

OmG! Just got accepted from OOS waitlist..Dont know where on the list I was because I was too scare to find out..OMG!!! :) :soexcited::clap::bow:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats soydentista. Have you submitted any paper work from alternative list prior to being accepted?

Congrats soydentista. Have you submitted any paper work from alternative list prior to being accepted?
Thank you
I have not submitted any paperwork but have it all ready in an envelope...I went to doctor two weeks ago to get HepB vaccination but they did some lab work first to see if i am still immune to it since I had the three shots in 2002.. Doctor said i have immunity so no need to redo the shots!! only need to get PPD test in july as everyone else.. I will submit everything I have so far once I receive acceptance package...
Still two pre-requisite to complete : microbiology taking this semester and need to retake Organic 1 in the summer because I got a -C.. but most likely is a reality " I am going to be a Dentist" yay
For those that want to know if i called/emailed them: NO, i havent call admission office or email since i received the alternate list email...I am so excited!!
LaughingGas be patient and stay positive!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Facebook said you should have your app reviewed if you haven't been accepted yet as you likely won't be. Bad news.

And also there are only about 26 people left on the OOS waitlist

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Too many optometry, nurses students on our OSU Facebook group!! I need to start looking for a place to live and roommate but would like to find someone that will also be D1...if anyone knows anything, please let me know..I am not from Ohio so I am not familiar with area..thank you

Too many optometry, nurses students on our OSU Facebook group!! I need to start looking for a place to live and roommate but would like to find someone that will also be D1...if anyone knows anything, please let me know..I am not from Ohio so I am not familiar with area..thank you
Hey, I go to OSU. Feel free to PM me any questions. It's a huge campus so live near the dental school in my personal opinion. If you want to get a car, go for it. The traffic here is actually really good. You should be able to make it from a nice area nearby campus (New albany) within 10-15 min.

For those accepted, we need to create OSU account, is this same username &password we used when submitting supplemental? Sorry, for stupid question but having a hard time getting password right and security questions...

^ Yes, it's the same. Give them till tomorrow morning to activate your email though. There won't be any sort of notification till the morning (I had trouble with it initially as well).

Members don't see this ad :)
My rank is not good. Oh well. Im just going to see if miracle happens.

Hey guys! Just a reminder, don't forget to fill out the "Accepted Student" forms, due February 15th. Here's a link:

http://dent.osu.edu/admission/onlineforms.php
hey, thanks.. do you know if is ok to put my regular email address or it has to be the OSU buckeye email? I haven't been able to open up my email yet, got to call them to fill out..

Opps, never mind lol i just checked that I need to have an OSU email.. will call tomorrow to fix it.. thanks again

Np! Yeah I know you need to have OSU email for at least one of them - I only put it on the accepted student survey and not the others. In retrospect, probably should have just used the OSU email for all of them, but they can change it if they need to.

Np! Yeah I know you need to have OSU email for at least one of them - I only put it on the accepted student survey and not the others. In retrospect, probably should have just used the OSU email for all of them, but they can change it if they need to.
Just so we are clear, those of us on the waitlist do NOT need to complete these unless we are accepted, correct?

From the stuff I was filling out (aside from FAFSA), it doesn't look like people on the waitlist need to do it. As a precaution, I'd still call to be sure (but I do that for everything).

I thought you don't get OSU email anyways if you are in the waitlist.

Finally got accepted from the in-state list. Chicka yeah!

Reactions: 5 users
I got accepted from the out of state wait list and will be turning it down

Reactions: 2 users
Hi. Any idea how many are left on the in state waitlist?

Hey guys! Just a reminder, don't forget to fill out the "Accepted Student" forms, due February 15th. Here's a link:

http://dent.osu.edu/admission/onlineforms.php
Good Morning. This is Mike in the Office of Admissions at Ohio State. Just in case anybody else happens to see this thread, this link pointed to last years forms. If you filled out any items on this list, you will still need to fill out any similar forms that we send to you. We no longer use the forms that this link points to.

If anybody would like to know where they stand on the wait list, or have any additional questions, feel free to give us a call at any time. We would be happy to assist you.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know how many are still on the waitlist In/Out of state?

As of today, there are 29 people in-state and 22 out-of-state on the waitlist. Give us a call if you have any additional questions.

As of today, there are 29 people in-state and 22 out-of-state on the waitlist. Give us a call if you have any additional questions.
Well that's awesome. Moving right along, and we are inching closer! Thanks!

Any idea when is the first day of class? orientation? I believe during the interview they said August but not sure if it was the first week of August or at the end? THanks

Not sure about orientation, but the OSU calendar says classes begin August 27th.

Has anyone received an email about the acceptance surveys yet? If not I'll call and give everyone an update.

The acceptance surveys were already sent out and completed by everyone. Apparently I just forgot I did it lol.

Last edited:
They just sent an email saying there are 29 in state and 21 oos left on the alternate list. anyone withdrawing?

Thank you NMC2010 and soydentista. Hoping to be part of the OSU 2018 class.

I want you in our class too!!

Have i met you yet? Lol

Me, or LaughingGas? If me, we met at interview day haha. I'm a member of our class facebook page. If you're on there, I might know who you are, but I'm not the best with names lol. I can send you a PM?

1st interview :)
School: OSU
Notification date: 08/13
Method of notification: E-mail/phone call
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12/13 3rd batch letter sent 8/2
GPA (science, overall): 3.11/3.05
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/22/19/None
Wait you got into osu dentistry school with a 3.1??? I thought the average was a 3.6, How?? lol

I made it! I'm IN!!!!!!!

Wait, did you make it in for class of 2019? This is a thread from last year. But you just posted last month! Just confused. Trying to figure out chances of getting off a waitlist!!