**** The Official Penn Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

hello colleagues. I made it! See you guys in August hopefully! Now to figure out where to live..

Congrats.

As for places to live, contact a couple of realtors in the Penn area and set up a day/time to take a tour of some of their available places based on your preference (studio, single, double, etc). At least this is the route I'm taking. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats.

As for places to live, contact a couple of realtors in the Penn area and set up a day/time to take a tour of some of their available places based on your preference (studio, single, double, etc). At least this is the route I'm taking. Good luck.

Thanks bud. I will do that. Hopefully I can land a good/safe place around the area.

Thanks bud. I will do that. Hopefully I can land a good/safe place around the area.

Contact 'Campus Apartments' and set up a time to tour a couple of the places. I just did this today and signed a lease for a place that 5 mins away for reasonable rent. Just choose a day you can fly down for the day. That's all the time you'll probably need. Don't worry about hotels and stuff.

Contact 'Campus Apartments' and set up a time to tour a couple of the places. I just did this today and signed a lease for a place that 5 mins away for reasonable rent. Just choose a day you can fly down for the day. That's all the time you'll probably need. Don't worry about hotels and stuff.

What would you consider reasonable rent in Philly? I ask this because every city is different.

For sure. Its a valid question. I'd say around 800ish/month would be quite fair for a single studio within 5 mins of the dental school.

Maybe some current students can verify this?

Wow! that does sound reasonable for big city like Philly.:thumbup:

So when do they send out rejections? And got my letter when I got home so question answered.funny I posted this morning when will I get it and this evening...there it was.

Last edited:

There are places available for alrdy for aug/sep time frame?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm there are some pretty bad reviews for Campus Apts on apartmentratings.com... How were the apts that you looked at?

yup. i saw those reviews too. I think it really depends on the apartment. They ones I saw were fine. A little messy since people were living in there, but fine otherwise. Doing it earlier may also be to your benefit. They had a lot of people coming in when I was there for tours, so things will probably start moving fast.

The Hub on 40th and Chestnut is nice, I lived there for a year. A lot of dental students live there. Also, 4111 Walnut st. has a ton of dental students. Domus is on 34th and chestnut and is REALLY nice. (expensive too). The Left Bank has dental students, also pricey. Then there are a lot of little apartments in row homes.

Good luck in your searches.

did everybody receive a HRSA scholarship letter in their acceptance packet?

Is there a facebook group for Penn Dental Class of 2017?! :thumbup:

hey guys. I checked the academic calendar and I cannot seem to find when we are supposed to be registering for classes. Does anyone know the date and by which methods?

Thanks

If you have put your deposit down...you have signed up for classes:) Everybody has the same schedule so you are good to go.

Gf just got an acceptance package from Upenn. She's very excited!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone have any advice for the Penn interview?

Very generic advice: relax and be yourself. Thought the interview was pretty laid back. Two interviews: 1 open-closed + 1 closed-file. I prepped by reading over my supplemental and AADSAS application. Obviously the topic of the closed-file interview was driven initially by the interviewer since he/she didn't see my application; The open-file interview started on my application but quickly moved to another topic. Both ended up being very conversational.

I thought Penn did a really good job making me feel at ease (or as much as one could be at these things). Not sure what the weather is like now, but definitely would suggest comfortable shoes as there is a bit of walking and a self-guided tour of the campus.

Penn acceptance via ups. It was buried under snow so I think was there for a few days

Woohoo!! Interview invite next week! Anyone else gonna be there? It's for either Th or Fri but I'm picking Th, Feb 28. Are there still seats or is this for a wait list?

Woohoo!! Interview invite next week! Anyone else gonna be there? It's for either Th or Fri but I'm picking Th, Feb 28. Are there still seats or is this for a wait list?

Going there for a second visit, checking out places to live, and dropping off my deposit.

has anyone gotten rejected postinterview yet?? Interviewed late january and praying I get in...seeing others getting in after my date is making me nervous!!:scared::scared:

Wondering the same thing. Really hope there are still seats

I will be there Thursday - it's for seats when I asked the office!

for those who got accepted, does acceptance letter come via USPS or UPS?