****The Official Roseman Univ. Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just got offered an interview! Anyone hear anything about how their interviews are? I also saw on the website that they have a new dean arriving in Nov. He seems pretty experienced.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got offered an interview! Anyone hear anything about how their interviews are? I also saw on the website that they have a new dean arriving in Nov. He seems pretty experienced.

Hi do you mind sharing your stats? I also received an email that I met the DAT requirements and now awaiting admissions review about a week ago. I hope hearing something soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you getting interview invites...what dates are being offered? Are they still filling October slots?

For those of you getting interview invites...what dates are being offered? Are they still filling October slots?

They are interviewing every Friday. They're in the process of filling up October slots before they move on to November slots.

"The Admissions Committee has recently completed the review of your application. At this time, they have decided to put your application on hold until they receive your upcoming Fall term grades. "

So, does this mean that if I get all A's this semester, then there is a high possibility of interview? :confused:

There is a good chance that this is true. You will only know for sure if you call and ask. I don't see any harm in doing so.

I got an interview invite via email. I haven't scheduled it yet, since I called the office multiple times today and nobody answered. Is anyone else having trouble reaching them by phone?

"The Admissions Committee has recently completed the review of your application. At this time, they have decided to put your application on hold until they receive your upcoming Fall term grades. "

So, does this mean that if I get all A's this semester, then there is a high possibility of interview? :confused:

Did they email you this info?

Ive called multiple times too and rarely get an answer

To everyone who's received invites today, congrats! Very exciting!

Keep trying to get through when calling. They are insanely busy right now so just keep at it.

Hi do you mind sharing your stats? I also received an email that I met the DAT requirements and now awaiting admissions review about a week ago. I hope hearing something soon.
Sure
3.36 non-science
3.39 science GPA

AA 21
TS 22
PAT 23

I've been calling nonstop all day today to schedule an interview and I can't ever seem to get through. Really hoping to get an October slot

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got through today and scheduled my interview for Oct 25th! There is only Oct 11 and 25 available, in case anyone was wondering.

Anyone interviewing on the same day?

anybody know the email address to contact their admissions officers directly? thanks in advance. good luck on interviews

I have an interview set for October 11th! Anyone else having their interview that day?

Edit: For those who have interviews, where are you staying/how are you getting there? I'm not sure whether or not to rent a car or if there is public transportation...looking but not coming up with much.

Last edited:
got an invite today:) oct 25th

Anyone know how their interviews are?

Do they have any weekend dates !? I don't wana take another day off :(

Country Inn & Suites
10499 S Jordan Gateway
South Jordan, UT 84095

This hotel is pretty much about 15 (maybe 20 if you are slow) minutes walking distance from the school and is the closest hotel to the school.

Hello everyone! I just received an interview invite email this afternoon. I'm quite excited to attend and learn more about this school.

I called the admissions number several times this afternoon, around 3pm CA time and couldn't get through. Are their phone lines always so busy? I'm going to try again tomorrow morning before work.

At this time, do you know what dates their scheduling for? My guess is their booking up November...right?

Also, can anyone recommend hotels nearby. Or which airport to fly into? Thank you!

I just got an interview today and called around 2 pm pst to schedule any interview. I guess I was lucky to get them on the phone in one try =). I will be interviewing on oct 25th, if anyone wants to split transportation and or hotel cost pm me! :thumbup:

One more question, does anyone know how many people roseman interviews vs. how many acceptances they give?

Country Inn & Suites
10499 S Jordan Gateway
South Jordan, UT 84095

This hotel is pretty much about 15 (maybe 20 if you are slow) minutes walking distance from the school and is the closest hotel to the school.

Thanks! I'm probably gonna book here then... :D

One more question, does anyone know how many people roseman interviews vs. how many acceptances they give?

how useful is this question, not only to you specifically, but in general?

if someone (doc toothache) were to conjure up a spreadsheet from the aether yielding some arbitrary percentage, would that have a profound and demonstrable impact on your interview demeanor or behavior?

Any girls interviewing on Oct 25 want to split hotel/transportation costs?

if someone (doc toothache) were to conjure up a spreadsheet from the aether yielding some arbitrary percentage, would that have a profound and demonstrable impact on your interview demeanor or behavior?

Of course not, I'm only curious.

whats wrong with asking this question? hell, I'm curious too.

Last year they accepted 1 out of every 25 people who applied. I am not sure about the % for interviews though.

600-800 seems high from what I recall as does the 200 seats offered. I thought they were a bit lower for both but eh.

Another suggestion for a hotel close by will be Sleep Jordan Inn. If you want something nicer but slightly further, there is a Holiday Inn Express in the Automall area.

I just got an invite for the 25th of October as well. I live in the SLC area so if you want a ride or anything, just PM me. If you need advice on where to stay etc. I can help with that too. I've been to a few out of state and I know how bad it sucks to rent a car, plus Utah's transportation system is virtually non-existent. Good luck! Besides transportation I love UTAH.:)

I am looking at flights after the interview... does anyone know how long the interview day goes till? Would it be a safe bet to get a flight leaving around 4 or 5pm?

I am looking at flights after the interview... does anyone know how long the interview day goes till? Would it be a safe bet to get a flight leaving around 4 or 5pm?

I hope this is the case ! I am still waiting for their confirmation email. Can you plz private msg me the time we need to check in at the school ! Is it like 9 am , 10 am ?

Does anyone know what their DAT requirements are? I don't think I could find it on the website.

i have an interview on oct 11 and it says the interview day is 5 hours long starting at 12 pm

Does anyone know what their DAT requirements are? I don't think I could find it on the website.
The website is being upgraded, so the information is still getting on there. The FAQs page still has the most information. It says:
"To be considered for admission, scores on Academic Average, Total Science, Reading Comprehension and Perceptual Ability must be 17 or higher. Competitive scores will generally be 19 or higher. The Admissions Committee will use the most recent DAT score in its initial review of the candidate's credentials. DAT scores older than three years at the time of application will not be accepted."
http://www.roseman.edu/admissions-college-of-dental-ut/frequently-asked-questions

I got an interview for November 7. When I called yesterday that was the only day available so far. They'll be having more dates later on.
I'm excited for this, it's my first one! :)

I got an interview for November 7. When I called yesterday that was the only day available so far. They'll be having more dates later on.
I'm excited for this, it's my first one! :)
You mean November 8th right? Since that's a Friday and they usually hold it every friday?! What time is your interview?

^ yes, my mistake. November 8th Friday noon is my interview.

^ yes, my mistake. November 8th Friday noon is my interview.

Cool! Mine's on the 8th too, but it's at 8:00 AM! So I guess they might be doing two sessions, a morning one and an afternoon one on Fridays? Anyways, I might see you while heading out or something.

I received an interview two days ago! Can anyone please tell me what to expect on the interview?! Is there any essays? :))

The interview process is typically a full day/afternoon thing. I would recommend flying out as late as possible. 4 or 5pm you may still be at the school interviewing.

Cool! Mine's on the 8th too, but it's at 8:00 AM! So I guess they might be doing two sessions, a morning one and an afternoon one on Fridays? Anyways, I might see you while heading out or something.

i just got mine for the 8th as well. did they tell you what time when you confirmed the date or were you sent an email or some sort of package becaues I was never told what time. (i probably should have asked -_-)

also, are any of you from the east coast? Im so clueless as to what the best way to travel is in terms of which airport/airline, rental car vs taxi, hotels etc. anybody got any tips?

Thanks in advance!

i just got mine for the 8th as well. did they tell you what time when you confirmed the date or were you sent an email or some sort of package becaues I was never told what time. (i probably should have asked -_-)

also, are any of you from the east coast? Im so clueless as to what the best way to travel is in terms of which airport/airline, rental car vs taxi, hotels etc. anybody got any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations on your Interview!!! I assume you talked to Rebecca. What will happen is that she'll Email Amanda that you are able to attend on the 8th. She'll then send you an email "package" with the date and time asking you to confirm within 5 or so days. it will also include things like what to expect and where to go. Oh and I think Amanda is out of the office till october 7th, so that might delay the email.

I'm somewhat from the east coast. I found the cheapest flight through American Airlines, with one stop in Dallas for like 220 round trip.. Not bad at all!

I'm definitely renting a car, just to be on the safe side, so not to add the stress of taxi's not showing up, or getting there late. As for hotels, i still havent booked anything yet. PM me if you're interested in sharing the Car or hotel costs!

Hey guys, I recieved an interview invitation last week as well! Mine is on November 8th at 8:00am too, so ill see a couple of you there!

Congratulations on your Interview!!! I assume you talked to Rebecca. What will happen is that she'll Email Amanda that you are able to attend on the 8th. She'll then send you an email "package" with the date and time asking you to confirm within 5 or so days. it will also include things like what to expect and where to go. Oh and I think Amanda is out of the office till october 7th, so that might delay the email.

I'm somewhat from the east coast. I found the cheapest flight through American Airlines, with one stop in Dallas for like 220 round trip.. Not bad at all!

I'm definitely renting a car, just to be on the safe side, so not to add the stress of taxi's not showing up, or getting there late. As for hotels, i still havent booked anything yet. PM me if you're interested in sharing the Car or hotel costs!

Congrats to you too! and yes I would love to make arrangements. Saving money is the best, but my interview is at 12. Do you have the 8am one?

Congrats to you too! and yes I would love to make arrangements. Saving money is the best, but my interview is at 12. Do you have the 8am one?

Thanks. Yeah I have the 8AM one. If you're arriving at SLC on the 7th within a few hours of 2PM, I would be more than happy to wait and drive you to your hotel though. This goes out to anyone interviewing on the 8th too.. It's better than paying $40+ each way for a 30 min cab ride. PM me if interested.

So... who is like totally nervousss... like shaking boots nervous... like tears streaming down cheek, hiding in a closet, under a blanket, breathing hard because of a panic attack nervous?

I am. Nervous but excited but nervous.

I still can't find information about the interview and what it is like. I get that it is "relaxed" (yeah right.... i will have no nails by the end of it) but what is this group activity all about.

Congrats to all others on their interviews, btw.